• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anticitizen One said:
ah ok thanks and since my ps3 died I cant check but do PS+ members get to play Oddworld:Abe's Odessy free right now?

That's correct. Its free right now for the remainder of my subscription. When it expires, I have to buy the game if I want to continue playing it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PlayStation Plus Highlights for 11/16:

Free Games
Shatter
Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus
DYNOGEMS – Minis

Discounted Games
Landit Bandit (50% off)
Hustle Kings (50% off)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (50% off)

Discounted Add-ons/Offers
PlayStation Protection Plan – 2 years (25% off) (Canada Only)

Free Themes
Magic in Technology (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on November 16:

Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Burn Zombie Burn
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Bloons – Minis
Killzone 3 Beta Theme
Wise Father Theme
Halloween Theme

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Everyday Shooter (PS3) (50% off)
Everyday Shooter (PSP) (50% off)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...s-shatter-oddworld-abes-exoddus-and-dynogems/

yencid

Another oddworld game? :O

didnt we get that for last (not the same game but an abe game) month as well?

already have shatter :<

graywolf323

yencid said:
Another oddworld game? :O

didnt we get that for last (not the same game but an abe game) month as well?

already have shatter :<

ah damn it I bought it when it was 50% off since it wasn't free like the other one :lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yay Shatter!

Its a must have from what i gather but somehow i never got it. Nice.

And another Oddworld. I guess its ok, I like the other, been replaying it.

Yay, yet another PSN title that I already previously bought. We're on quite a roll here. I haven't got any PSN title that I didn't already own since Mushroom wars. I find the minis absolutely worse than useless, I never apply any of the themes or avatars, and I barely get involved with any of the playstation classics so far... fuck.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ScrabbleBanshee said:
Yay, yet another PSN title that I already previously bought. We're on quite a roll here. I haven't got any PSN title that I didn't already own since Mushroom wars. I find the minis absolutely worse than useless, I never apply any of the themes or avatars, and I barely get involved with any of the playstation classics so far... fuck.
-viper- said:
VAeSH.jpg
?

I3rand0

Mario said:
I'm looking forward to having a lot more Shatter players out there :)
When are you guys ever going to put this on sale for all of us non plus people (educated consumers lol)? I already have a copy I bought during the last Steam sale, but I would be more than happy to get another copy for PS 3 if you had a similiar sale on PSN.

Def Jukie

Mario said:
I'm looking forward to having a lot more Shatter players out there :)

Are we ever going to get the update that was mentioned a while ago with the PC version extras? Or has that been canceled?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
typing from move
just got 3 month plan pretty meh start when update please?
gold plus is nice

Now typing from real keyboard. Burn Zombie Burn is the PSN game and Oddworld is the PSX game. It'll be worth the sub now that PS3 is my main but I didn't get much out of this week. Hopefully there will be a new update soon, but it seems (and is my big discouragement) that the PSN games that are free with Plus are games that I already own. BZB is an exception but I could have owned it by now if I wanted to.
whatev

I already have Shatter, because I'm not a dickhead who didn't buy Shatter even though it's awesome

AndyD

aka andydumi
Just wanted to post here and bump the thread with the new stuff from yesterday:

Free Games
Shatter (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $7.99)
Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $9.99)
DYNOGEMS – Minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $1.99)

Discounted Games
Crazy Taxi (PlayStation Plus price $7.99, regular price $9.99)
Landit Bandit (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
Hustle Kings (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)

Japanese PS one Imports
Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Money Idol Exchanger (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)

Discounted Add-ons/Offers
PlayStation Protection Plan – 2 years (25% off) (Canada Only)

Free Themes
Magic in Technology (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Dynamic Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $2.99)

Fuzzy

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 11/30:

Free Games
Vector TD – minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $3.99)

Discounted Games
Dead Nation (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $11.99, regular price $14.99)
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Twisted Metal 2 (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Blockids – PSone Import (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Dezaemon Plus – Psone Import (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)

Free Themes
Smoke and Mist (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
PlayStation 15th Anniversary Dynamic Theme

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on November 30:

Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
BreakQuest – minis
God of War III – Dominus Skin
Dead Nation Dynamic Theme
Shadowy Graves

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Tomb Raider II (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Crazy Taxi (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.99, regular price $9.99)

Exclusive Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Free Kratos: Phantom of Chaos Skin with the purchase of God of War I
Free Kratos: Forgotten Warrior Skin with the purchase of God of War II

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-discounts-on-dead-nation-and-psone-classics/

Clipper

Darkatomz said:
SO SICK! Is this the first time they've given a discount for a new game (Dead Nation of course)?
Depends what you mean by new. The GoW games sort of qualify as a discount and they were new to the store when they appeared. Same goes for several of the discounts on PS1 import games as they weren't available prior to their appearance on PS Plus.

It's the only case I can remember of a game that hasn't been previously available in any form arriving with a discount, though.

Fuzzy said:
No, it's happened a few times already.
Oh, am I forgetting something? Could you give an example?

Fuzzy

Clipper said:
Depends what you mean by new. The GoW games sort of qualify as a discount and they were new to the store when they appeared. Same goes for several of the discounts on PS1 import games as they weren't available prior to their appearance on PS Plus.

It's the only case I can remember of a game that hasn't been previously available in any form arriving with a discount, though.

Oh, am I forgetting something? Could you give an example?
I was just thinking of Crazy Taxi that came out today and PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap which was not only released early for PS+ but also at a discount. I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Crazy Taxi just came out on PSN and has a discount. I believe there was at least one before that. Another Sega game?

Edit: Beaten.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I3rand0 said:
When are you guys ever going to put this on sale for all of us non plus people (educated consumers lol)? I already have a copy I bought during the last Steam sale, but I would be more than happy to get another copy for PS 3 if you had a similiar sale on PSN.

We don't have any plans for a sale at this stage. We may consider it in the future, but right now we are running the PlayStation Plus promotions, soundtrack discounts, and competitions.

Def Jukie said:
Are we ever going to get the update that was mentioned a while ago with the PC version extras? Or has that been canceled?

Not cancelled, but unfortunately the team has been completely slammed for months :( It will still happen, just have a bunch of other stuff we need to deliver.

On a seperate note, I can see that about 6.7k people downloaded Shatter overnight, so lots of people taking advantage of this which is great.

Def Jukie

Mario said:
Not cancelled, but unfortunately the team has been completely slammed for months :( It will still happen, just have a bunch of other stuff we need to deliver.

On a seperate note, I can see that about 6.7k people downloaded Shatter overnight, so lots of people taking advantage of this which is great.

Glad to hear that the update is still coming and that more people are playing Shatter. One of the best games on PSN for sure.

graywolf323

Exclusive Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Free Kratos: Phantom of Chaos Skin with the purchase of God of War I
Free Kratos: Forgotten Warrior Skin with the purchase of God of War II

I wonder if that means the bundles are going away or if they are going to be available to everyone now? :-/

edit: okay they answered, it's just you won't get a free skin anymore but the games will still be available for purchase (and only for Plus subscribers)

MrPliskin

Banned
Mario said:
We don't have any plans for a sale at this stage. We may consider it in the future, but right now we are running the PlayStation Plus promotions, soundtrack discounts, and competitions.

I"m really glad to see shatter doing so well on PSN+! Hopefully this will lead to an influx of people who will buy your games day 1! You guy's deserve it!

V_Ben

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
The EU PSN+ has Assassins Creed and Prototype (date TBA) as a full game trial this month and for Jan we are getting Borderlands.

Borderlands? That's kinda awesome :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
No45 said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-01-sony-you-cant-keep-playstation-plus-dlc

I don't plan on letting my sub lapse personally, but I suspect this might annoy a few people.
Most of the casual base would probably not know otherwise. And if I know (like I know now) that DLC will go away, then I will not let my subscription lapse. It's a pitty that I own most of the significant stuff that has been given away. On a positive note, I am finally seeing some progress in my rewards tab!

No45 said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-01-sony-you-cant-keep-playstation-plus-dlc

I don't plan on letting my sub lapse personally, but I suspect this might annoy a few people.

I don't get this article/headline

"Currently, add-ons do not expire when the subscription expires "

"normal" DLC for games simply doesn't have DRM, therefore once you can click&download it, it's yours forever.
They only say they might introduce "premium" PS+ DLC that you can only use while you are a PS+ member. This us likely the current account-locked DLC DRM e.g. used for the stuff for Home or the "Get Now" stuff (some of MAG's DLC), that's unlocked in your PSN ID (you don't even download a key here). Plus anything subscription based like MAG's character slots.

I let my free 3 months sub end this month and I can still access all the Fallout 3 addons.
Or an even funnier example: The Episodes of Sam&Max 2-5 are considered DLC (and not separate games) as you just download them once you have access to the main game (Episode 1).
w/o a sub: Episode 1 is now set back to demo status (has DRM), Episodes 2 to 5 remain fully playable (don't have DRM).

This evening I will (re)subscribe for the 15 months offering and may give a more detailed report about what exactly happens.

aristotle

Update: James Thorpes comments below tell users that "add-ons" - which includes DLC - "do not expire" when a PlayStation Plus subscription lapses.

From the eurogamer article listed.

I have to say the article is poorly written on purpose it seems. It even contradicts itself in the original article saying that DLC is free to keep forever. Great journalism there ;)

Oh wow, just resubscribed:

Once you have your PS+ status again, you do NOT get the free PS+ games back which you downloaded during your earlier PS+ time.

Even if you still have the games on your PS3, it will still show "Expired" and only link to the game in the PS Store.
The games you once "owned" during your first PS+ time are marked with the blue PS Store icon (instead of the red one which means "bought"), but they are removed from your download list as soon as your PS+ subscription ends. So you also can't re-download them (to give them a new expiration date).

I had the impression you would get them back, that really sucks. As a result, after a long PS+ time you have to worry about never being unsubscribed or you will loose every "rented" free PS+ PSN/PS1&Mini game.

well, at least now I know that I will keep buying the games I actually really want :p
They better give me lots of day 1 PS+ deals for games.

Bought a 50€ PSN card for my AT account (I'm German but my main account for playing is an AT account to not have to bother with whatever German restrictions) on ebay for 43,45€. For 15 (16 ;) ) months of PS+ content. So that's less than 3€ per month (no, that's not the same calculation argument you often see for Live Gold) and e.g. the Dead Nation deal + whatever Dynamic Theme already covers that and I get all the other content on top of that.

Oni Jazar

If you buy a game at a PS+ discount like Dead Nation, is it only playable while you're a + member or is it yours for life?

Oni Jazar said:
If you buy a game at a PS+ discount like Dead Nation, is it only playable while you're a + member or is it yours for life?

you own it for life, no difference to someone who buys it w/o PS+ discount/membership. It's just cheaper.

yencid

SolidusDave said:

Once you have your PS+ status again, you do NOT get the free PS+ games back which you downloaded during your earlier PS+ time.

Even if you still have the games on your PS3, it will still show "Expired" and only link to the game in the PS Store.
The games you once "owned" during your first PS+ time are marked with the blue PS Store icon (instead of the red one which means "bought"), but they are removed from your download list as soon as your PS+ subscription ends. So you also can't re-download them (to give them a new expiration date).

I had the impression you would get them back, that really sucks. As a result, after a long PS+ time you have to worry about never being unsubscribed or you will loose every "rented" free PS+ PSN/PS1&Mini game.

well, at least now I know that I will keep buying the games I actually really want :p
They better give me lots of day 1 PS+ deals for games.

Bought a 50€ PSN card for my AT account (I'm German but my main account for playing is an AT account to not have to bother with whatever German restrictions) on ebay for 43,45€. For 15 (16 ;) ) months of PS+ content. So that's less than 3€ per month (no, that's not the same calculation argument you often see for Live Gold) and e.g. the Dead Nation deal + whatever Dynamic Theme already covers that and I get all the other content on top of that.

oh wow that really sucks... you should leave a few comments around the PS blog to see if you can get an answer for this. See if they will change it

SolidusDave said:

Okay, what the fuck. I was led to believe otherwise. I'm getting my plus sub renewed on Xmas day, a few weeks after my first one expires.

That is absolute bollocks.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I'm not sure if I should keep going with this thing. There have been some perks, like the discount on Dead Nation and the free minis that I would not have played otherwise, but I'd hate to get some free games and DLC only to be locked out of them if I don't renew my sub in 2 months. As of now, it's just barely worth it but I hate that I'm just borrowing all the PSN games and content that the program offers.

it doesn't help that I already own a ton of PSN games and they've only offered like one that I don't already have

Galvanise_ said:
Okay, what the fuck. I was led to believe otherwise. I'm getting my plus sub renewed on Xmas day, a few weeks after my first one expires.

That is absolute bollocks.
Seriously this is bullshit. I clearly remember them saying you could re-sub at any time and get back access to everything you previously downloaded while a member.

Yeah, I'm done with this service next October. Not paying for this shit again.

I've profited from the service, but I definitely wouldn't have bought in if I didn't think I could get my free games back if I re-subbed.

I'll ring customer services to clarify this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
oh wait, running out loses everything? so I'd have to re-up before it runs out or lose all the stuff I've got?

damn.

It kind of defeats itself because the games and DLC that I actually WANT are worth purchasing so that I actually OWN them, so Plus doesn't help me with that, and anything else is just games I wouldn't have bought or DLC for games I don't have. All it's got going for it is early access stuff and discounts, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom