• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear that SCEA have a different strategy compared to SCEE - I think the EU guy said that himself.

Best way to vote is with your wallets guys, if they see a massive drop off after the initial 3 months is up (which I presume will happen in NA) then surely Sony will pay more attention to what's happening with the NA +

They'll just copy SCEE strategy lol.

jonno394

SOme more info on PS+ from the conference

PlayStation Plus:

PS Plus is coming soon to PS Vita. This is an addition to subscribers’ existing membership and comes at no additional cost.

Your PS Plus cloud storage limit has been raised to 1GB.

Rockstar’s peerless Western epic Red Dead Redemption joins the Instant Game Collection line-up next month.

Lunatic Sega platformer Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit will be October’s Game of the Month.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/14/sony-at-gamescom-2012-all-the-announcements/#more-77171

GeoramA

Bloodrayne is now free to download. Yippee!

And of course we're not getting RDR, still a lot of shitty PSN games to dish out.

Melchiah

I'd welcome more PSN games, as the retail games are starting fill up my HDD. Just had to delete two games last week to make room for Dead Space 2. =/

Duffyside

Banned

Whoa, ok, super-glad to be wrong. The way I thought he said it at the conference was "PS+ is also coming to Vita, and will be available for 49.99," which I took to mean "buy this thing." Did they say anything like "no additional charge to existing subscribers of PS+" during the conference? If they did and I missed it, my bad. If not; they should have.

This is rad. I'm stunned.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Whoa, ok, super-glad to be wrong. The way I thought he said it at the conference was "PS+ is also coming to Vita, and will be available for 49.99," which I took to mean "buy this thing." Did they say anything like "no additional charge to existing subscribers of PS+" during the conference? If they did and I missed it, my bad. If not; they should have.

Yep, glad they finally have official Vita support. I will be happy if they give us Vita freebies to make up for the so called disappointment that I am experiencing this summer.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's hard to vote when many of us are already locked into 12 months. But I'll whine and cry over it.
I hope you're also complaining on the blog.

Any NA PS+ people thinking of jumping over to EU PS+ once their subscription is over?

Duffyside

Banned
I hope you're also complaining on the blog.

Any NA PS+ people thinking of jumping over to EU PS+ once they subscription is over?

Oh please please please do this. I will have so much fun laughing at people when the pendulum inevitably swings back to other way again.

see5harp

Really happy with Walking Dead ep 1 and 2 but I'm fairly sure that Sideway is the worst sidecroller I've played in a long time. It's got some decent licensed songs and the art design isn't super bad but the gameplay is terrible. Very poor level design/language and the framerate makes this game frustrating.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Really happy with Walking Dead ep 1 and 2 but I'm fairly sure that Sideway is the worst sidecroller I've played in a long time. It's got some decent licensed songs and the art design isn't super bad but the gameplay is terrible. Very poor level design/language and the framerate makes this game frustrating.

It's really that bad? I saw a trailer of it and it seemed cool. Just havent tried it. I heard the Steam version is FPS capped too, so that's a bummer. I have both versions thanks to indie bundles and Plus

Toki767

Sideways had so much potential...but it controlled horribly to me.

I really doubt SCEA is going to step it up with their offerings. It's a shame too because when PS+ first started, SCEA was the one offering all the great deals but once Europeans complained about SCEE's crap, SCEA downgraded what they offered with the service and haven't really recovered since.

Fuzzy

It's really that bad? I saw a trailer of it and it seemed cool. Just havent tried it. I heard the Steam version is FPS capped too, so that's a bummer. I have both versions thanks to indie bundles and Plus
I didn't find it that bad and 100% it. It's not a long game either.

Really want more details on Vita PS Plus. Like when it starts and what it'll have.

Hot Shots Golf is all but certain to be one of the rental titles, if they follow the same template as the triple Plus.

UNIT 13 might also make an appearance at some point, as might Little Deviants and Reality Fighters.

Dantis

Hot Shots Golf is all but certain to be one of the rental titles, if they follow the same template as the triple Plus.

UNIT 13 might also make an appearance at some point, as might Little Deviants and Reality Fighters.

I'm assuming it'll be a lot of PS1 and PSP titles.

Duffyside

Banned
I'm assuming it'll be a lot of PS1 and PSP titles.

Yeah, I'm thinking PSP titles to start off. Which I'm actually ok with, and would be incredibly happy if Sony were to somehow get trophy functionality into them. That would actually be rad.

Oh, and Escape Plan seems like something that'd get in quickly too.

see5harp

I didn't find it that bad and 100% it. It's not a long game either.

It's not that bad for free but it's not good at all. The poor framerate and hard to understand design language killed it for me. Even if the music was decent it became really irritating to hear the same Mr. Lif song looped like 4 times in a single level.

You crazy. Sideway is awesome.

Any NA PS+ people thinking of jumping over to EU PS+ once their subscription is over?

Nope. Just going to let mine run out. I may re-up when more quality content goes live in the US.

You crazy. Sideway is awesome.

I think it could be awesome, as I've sunk a decent amount of time into it, going a few bosses and areas in, but the framerate being variable and constantly sub-30 really hurts the presentation and playability when the input timing and what you see happening on-screen seems pretty negatively affected. It's still playable, but man does the inconsistent choppiness really detract. Otherwise, it's like they stole every notable mechanic from the 2D platformer handbook and stuffed it into one game, and it works well aside from possibly being overcomplicated by using every button on the controller.

Toki767

Instant Game Collection on Vita if it happens will most certainly be Little Deviants, Mod Nation Racers, Hot Shots Golf, Plants vs Zombies, and Escape Plan.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Instant Game Collection on Vita if it happens will most certainly be Little Deviants, Mod Nation Racers, Hot Shots Golf, Plants vs Zombies, and Escape Plan.

Already have 3 of those. I actually wouldn't mind Little Deviants or Modnation Racers. Those are games I'd never buy.

oldmario

Why couldn't they have chosen to give the ps+ discount tomorrow, my ps+ runs out on the 16th and im upgrading my HDD at the weekend and i have a ton of locked saves -_-

Goldrusher

Europe is getting A LOT.

Rock of Ages (free right now)
Knytt Underground (TBA) (PS3 + Vita)
Big Sky Infinity (TBA) (PS3 + Vita)
Retro/Grade (September 22)
Machinarium (September) (PS3 + Vita)
Double Dragon: Neon (September)
Red Dead Redemption (September)
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (October)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Europe is getting A LOT.

Quite a bit of new titles too. Goddamn.

Duffyside

Banned
Europe is getting A LOT.

Wow, is this a new practice in which they're announcing things way in advance? Probably a new practice in response to people who are bummed about buying games just a week before it becomes free.

Dantis

Europe is getting A LOT.

Pretty interesting mixed bag there. Pretty happy about Machinarium and Red Dead. Couldn't care less about Dead Rabbit. Complete waste of a Game of The Month in my opinion.

Where's your source btw? I haven't heard about most of those.

kuroshiki

I think you still have to buy PS plus subscription, but you don't have to buy for PS3 and vita separately.

Fodder76

Europe is getting A LOT.

Wow, really impressive list. If we get even half that in the US, I'll be very happy.

That comment is not me taking a shot, I'm being sincere. I'm very happy with the offerings in the US.

Duffyside

Banned
Aside from Red Dead, that's not a lot of "retail" games, guys. What are the chances that this is pretty much all the games for Sept, Oct and Nov?

*pokes the bear*

Europe is getting A LOT.

That makes the list half as good.

Duffyside

Banned
And is Dead Rabbit the game Jaffe was talking about on the E3 Bombcast that had the awesome jump? I only think it is because I remember finding it after he talked about it, and recoiling at the style of the game, which is what Dead Rabbit's doing now.

Pretty interesting mixed bag there. Pretty happy about Machinarium and Red Dead. Couldn't care less about Dead Rabbit. Complete waste of a Game of The Month in my opinion.

Where's your source btw? I haven't heard about most of those.

The fact that it will be brand new makes it worth it. The games of the month so far have either been new or over a year old and popular but very high quality.

Dantis

The fact that it will be brand new makes it worth it. The games of the month so far have either been new or over a year old and popular but very high quality.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but this really doesn't look great.

I'd much sooner have something like Walking Dead 1 & 2. That's probably worth more also.

Fuzzy

What can the cloud storage be used for except saves? Trying to workout why 1GB is useful
It's your save game data + profile data if the game uses that. The 4 Assassin's Creed games for example use up a total of almost 18MB combined because of save + profile data. Hell, Beyond Good & Evil HD uses more than 8MB per save game and that's not even looking at something stupid like what Afrika uses. 150MB is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom