• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raonak

Banned
What can the cloud storage be used for except saves? Trying to workout why 1GB is useful

saves can be big. the problem before was that 150mb was far too small. so you had tobe selective about which games you wanted to store.
1the size increase, to 1gb no less, is a godsend.

I think I am the only guy who hasn't played Red Dead Redemption yet, and I do love me my open world games, so what's this PS + promotion in September? If I sign up I will get it for free? or at a low price? If that is the case then a deal like this may speak very close to me.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There is a PS3 exclusive game that is over 300mb for the save file alone... and that is only one game. It is nice that at least every game fits on the cloud now.

Don't forget the Fallout 3 & NV saves, 15+ mb per save, those fucking add up, if save a lot

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
There is a PS3 exclusive game that is over 300mb for the save file alone... and that is only one game. It is nice that at least every game fits on the cloud now.

Given my upload speed is 0.25mbs, I won't be uploading a file of that size any time soon! :lol fml

Don't forget the Fallout 3 & NV saves, 15+ mb per save, those fucking add up, if save a lot

Doesn't it just overwrite the latest save though? I dunno, I am scared to use cloud saving after Steam couldn't tell me which of my offline or online save was the newest. It just asked if I would like to sync saves or something and subsequently I lost my latest progress with an old save. I've never used Cloud since.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Doesn't it just overwrite the latest save though? I dunno, I am scared to use cloud saving after Steam couldn't tell me which of my offline or online save was the newest. It just asked if I would like to sync saves or something and subsequently I lost my latest progress with an old save. I've never used Cloud since.

That is the auto save

You know Bethesda can't be trusted to give us a competent product at least for the PS3, manual saves are a GODDAMN necessity!

PS+ Cloud works 2 ways

When you start a game for the first time, a prompt asks if you would like to upload your saves to the PS+ Cloud
Whenever you have your PS3 set-up for to do it wake up and do it's automatic shenanigans, it will upload all save files to the cloud for you automatically
Or you can decline the offer and manually pick and choose which files to upload

I have mostly 95% copyright prohibited *cough*Demon's Soul*cough* game saves
The occasional save just in case shit scenario

I have my saves backed-up 4+ times, usb stick (dedicated only to it), laptop, external HDD, and PSP 4GB memory pro stick
Also on the PS3 HDD and PS+

Now I have 1GB to play with, I was < 50mb on the 150mb allocation

Jonboy

So...why is Sony acting like PS Plus is just now coming to Vita? Didn't PS Plus come to Vita weeks ago?

I'm 100% certain I saw Hot Shots at a discounted price on the Vita store for playstation plus members. I even took a screenshot on my Vita.

What am I missing here?

Massa

So...why is Sony acting like PS Plus is just now coming to Vita? Didn't PS Plus come to Vita weeks ago?

I'm 100% certain I saw Hot Shots at a discounted price on the Vita store for playstation plus members. I even took a screenshot on my Vita.

What am I missing here?

They'll probably offer Vita specific content and features in addition to the discounts.

UraMallas

Fuck. My PS3 just YLOD and I'm trying to live, etc. What does this mean for PS+? Do I have to go buy a new console within the next 3 months or potentially miss some of the games coming out? I haven't turned on the system for about 1 month so it's actually about 2 months before I could potentially be missing some games. Or am I wrong in this?

Duffyside

Banned

What am I missing here?

In addition to what Massa said, if you were one of the twelve people in the world who only own a PSVita and not a PS3, or are only interested in Plus for your Vita and not your PS3, then you will soon be able to buy Plus on Vita... FOR VITA...

I could turn on my Vita right now just to make sure you can't do that already... but I don' wanna...

Jonboy

In addition to what Massa said, if you were one of the twelve people in the world who only own a PSVita and not a PS3, or are only interested in Plus for your Vita and not your PS3, then you will soon be able to buy Plus on Vita... FOR VITA...

I could turn on my Vita right now just to make sure you can't do that already... but I don' wanna...
Ahhh. Gotcha.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I am glad they keep Vita Plus separate. Because otherwise the value of the PS3 version would get dilluted by Vita offers that are worthless without a Vita.

jonno394

Europe is getting A LOT.

Rock of Ages (free right now)
Knytt Underground (TBA) (PS3 + Vita)
Big Sky Infinity (TBA) (PS3 + Vita)
Retro/Grade (September 22)
Machinarium (September) (PS3 + Vita)
Double Dragon: Neon (September)
Red Dead Redemption (September)
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (October)

Nice list. Mid sept update of double dragon and machinarium is fine with me :) time to buy my resub!

Goldrusher

Borderlands and Just Cause 2 are now free for Europe.

The current line-up:

...until August 29:
&#9658; Rock of Ages

...until September 5:
&#9658; Dead Space 2

...until September 12:
&#9658; Outland
&#9658; Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

...until October 10:
&#9658; Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light
&#9658; Saints Row 2

...until November 15:
&#9658; Just Cause 2
&#9658; Borderlands

...until December 31:
&#9658; inFamous 2
&#9658; MotorStorm Apocalypse
&#9658; LittleBigPlanet 2​

Coming soon:

...in September:
&#9658; Retro/Grade
&#9658; Machinarium (PS3 + Vita)
&#9658; Double Dragon: Neon
&#9658; Red Dead Redemption

...in October:
&#9658; Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

...TBA:
&#9658; Knytt Underground (PS3 + Vita)
&#9658; Big Sky Infinity (PS3 + Vita)​

GeoramA

I'm thinking I should have signed up with an EU account for my 3 month tryout.
So that's Deus Ex: HR, Dead Space 2, Darksiders, MotorStorm Apocalypse, Red Dead Redemption, and now Borderlands.

All while we're getting bottom-tier PSN games like Gotham City Imposters and Bloodrayne :lol

The current line-up:

...until August 29:
&#9658; Rock of Ages

...until September 5:
&#9658; Dead Space 2

...until September 12:
&#9658; Outland

...until October 10:
&#9658; Saints Row 2

...until November 15:
&#9658; Just Cause 2
&#9658; Borderlands

...tot December 31:
&#9658; inFamous 2

Coming soon:

...in September:
&#9658; Retro/Grade

...in October:

...TBA:

Great news about Borderlands and Just Cause 2, been wanting to try both games out for a while now.

As for Machinarium, do you think that means we will get both versions for free with + as i would love to play the game, especially on the Vita.

Pranay

So that's Deus Ex: HR, Dead Space 2, Darksiders, MotorStorm Apocalypse, Red Dead Redemption, and now Borderlands.

All while we're getting bottom-tier PSN games like Gotham City Imposters and Bloodrayne :lol

im pretty sure SCEA will try to compete with SCEE and give better content/

Withnail

Already completed Borderlands but I'm pretty happy to be getting JC2.

To be honest if 50% of the games offered are ones I haven't played before then I'm very satisfied with PS+. I don't think I could play 45 games a year anyway. It's still tremendous value.

dancmc

I know it's been said a million times; but man I wish I had EU plus instead of the US version Original darksiders, borderlands, RDR, OWSW HD, etc....hoping SCEA steps it up a little for my tastes

Celegus

That Europe list is pretty impressive. I'd be jealous if I didn't already have almost all of those on Steam already. But still, I've gotten my money's worth already for signing up a year after E3 - Infamous 2, LBP2, Space Marine, Walking Dead, and some other random things.

Mithos

Sorting starts to be hard... Having every Freebie from 2012 in one Album 20+ stuff and more to come.

If only you could have sub Albums...

Withnail

Hold on, didn't Ross say that there would be five games released this month?

We've had:

Rock of Ages
Dead Space 2
Borderlands
Just Cause 2

Am I missing something or is there still one more to come?

Joni

Hold on, didn't Ross say that there would be five games released this month?

We've had:

Rock of Ages
Dead Space 2
Borderlands
Just Cause 2

Am I missing something or is there still one more to come?

Retro/Grade is coming next week. The game hasn't been released yet.

Shahed

Happy with Borderlands and Just Cause 2, haven't played either. especially the former.

That 25% discount they mentioned for PS+ in September. Is that for new subscribers only, or anyone who wants to add another year?

Because mine runs out in October and I'm gonna have to renew soon

Donos

Just Cause 2??? Niiiice. Was waiting on this one. Have Borderlands on PC and not interested in PS3 version.
I welcome RDR too since i rented it and stopped at the beginning of Mexico (yeah i heard that this part is bad).
Plus seems like one of the best investments i made so far.

androvsky

It was a little bait and switch IMO.

I was expecting a lull period after the E3 blowout. It makes sense in some ways, assuming they can't keep up that pace for forever it gives people a chance to get through the E3 games before putting more big ones up.

And then Europe decides to go completely nuts with it.

They just need to coordinate the regions so that each one gets a new retail or PSN title at the same time. I don't expect the exact same titles for a variety of reasons, but they should at least line up number and tier. And they should do it for all regions, there's no reason why Japan and Asia need to get shafted so much.

I was expecting a lull period after the E3 blowout. It makes sense in some ways, assuming they can't keep up that pace for forever it gives people a chance to get through the E3 games before putting more big ones up.

And then Europe decides to go completely nuts with it.

They just need to coordinate the regions so that each one gets a new retail or PSN title at the same time. I don't expect the exact same titles for a variety of reasons, but they should at least line up number and tier. And they should do it for all regions, there's no reason why Japan and Asia need to get shafted so much.

I'm hoping we see a good september. Seeing how a lot of the 3 month subscriptions are gonna run out. they might see a drop in subscribers. Also if a new playstation drops I'd think they'd have a big push.

Tratorn

The current line-up:

...until August 29:
&#9658; Rock of Ages

...until September 5:
&#9658; Dead Space 2

...until September 12:
&#9658; Outland

...until October 10:
&#9658; Saints Row 2

...until November 15:
&#9658; Just Cause 2
&#9658; Borderlands

...tot December 31:
&#9658; inFamous 2

Coming soon:

...in September:
&#9658; Retro/Grade

...in October:

...TBA:

Where do you see that we get both the PS3 AND Vita-Version?

For Machinarium for example they're just listing the ps3-version?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"PS Plus members get free trial of CS: GO downloaded to their PS3 automatically the night of 8/20: [LINK] Only way to get the trial!"

Posted on @playstation

f@luS

More than a member.
PS+ is such an amazing deal. unbelievable

dead space 2 , Just cause 2, here i come

but...i suscribed for 3 month when free games were announced....i just paid one more year...

why if i checked information downloaded games it says finish 08.23.12? i should be up to next year no?

Joni

PS+ is such an amazing deal. unbelievable

dead space 2 , Just cause 2, here i come

but...i suscribed for 3 month when free games were announced....i just paid one more year...

why if i checked information downloaded games it says finish 08.23.12? i should be up to next year no?
When you play them again, they'll update. You can force an update by playing them, or by commencing the download. (You can cancel immediately) iirc.

f@luS

More than a member.
and if i dont play them until the due date, i will need to download again or it will update automatically?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
"PS Plus members get free trial of CS: GO downloaded to their PS3 automatically the night of 8/20: [LINK] Only way to get the trial!"

Posted on @playstation

US twitter? I didn't see it, if so. Or...another perk for EU PS+? Wouldn't surprise me if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom