• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus - Vote to Play

Auctopus

I don't want other gamers choosing my games. Also, this wouldn't improve the quality. They'd still put the same games up, they'd just make it look like you're voting for them.

This

I'm getting flashbacks to the disappointments of flash deal voting

EDIT: Fuck it

+1 for Knack

Is that a real question?

Because

kqz1pzs.gif

noooooooo

people have shitty taste in games
3Df151Z.gif

Pretty sure you can get it for cheap as it is. I'd rather vote for something worthwhile and pricey.

This is a really neat idea. Will have to keep an eye on this and see when voting becomes available. I haven't heard of those two in the OP which aren't Grow Home.

N30RYU

Making a poll to choose one of the indi games of the month is good if they manage to avoid trolling letting only PS+ users vote.

I'm all for choice but this could have bad news written all over it for those involved.

3 games go up to be free as part of sub, 1 wins other 2 then get out into the 'possible' future freebie pile and not purchased, even with discount.

Other thing is people look at three games, check the prices out and vote for the title with higher price as it means they are saving and it's better value but they really don't care about the title.

VanWinkle

I'm sick of zombies, though Zombie Vikings is probably pretty cool since it's from the Stick It to the Man guys.

But, man, I really wish it was Grow Home. :( I doubt it will get the most votes since it's "cute".

Danneee

That's a fantastic way to make the plus selection of games better. I hope it will include retail titles and not just indies but either way a good move by Sony.

Luke_Wal

Yeah, perhaps the biggest news from this is that Grow Home might be launching for PS4 next month! Now we just need to get Gone Home on a console...

BibiMaghoo

Indie is not a genre.

This statement is incorrect. Indie is a genre, because it is a type, a categorisation of media. No media is stuck to a single genre, and so it can be in the genre of indie, but also RPG, FPS, etc.

Genres are not static either, they develop over time and are constantly created. Steam also lists indie as a genre, as do other companies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think we will start seeing AAA games this fall... it's a process. That said, the indie games offered so far this year have been excellent.

Yeah, people have to keep in mind the system has not been out 2 years yet. It's library has to grow more before we can start seeing those types of offerings. PS+ games came when the PS3 had an already established huge library.

I have been enjoying a lot of Indie games I would have missed. I even supported the Never Alone developers by purchasing the add-on since the game was free the month it launched, and they deserve to be rewarded for it.

mattp

1. hey grow home is coming out on ps4, rad
2. ugh this is fucking horrible. i don't want everyone's shitty tastes in games deciding what i get. don't do this, sony

godofrawr

Banned
This statement is incorrect. Indie is a genre, because it is a type, a categorisation of media. No media is stuck to a single genre, and so it can be in the genre of indie, but also RPG, FPS, etc.

Genres are not static either, they develop over time and are constantly created. Steam also lists indie as a genre, as do other companies.

No, it's not a genre. "Indie", when used properly, is simply a term to identify games that lack a publisher. Independent film isn't a genre of film, and it's essentially the same situation. Same can be said for any other form of media.
You're statement about media not being confined to a single genre is accurate, but publishing status isn't a genre.

Kolx

Wahooooooo, So we can now have people bitching about plus games two times every month! One when the vote for the first game goes up, and when the second game get announced.

Ran rp

Terrible idea. People will actually vote for Knack or Black Flag and junk. Hopefully this doesn't come to NA plus.

PSY・S;173489823 said:
Terrible idea. People will actually vote for Knack or Black Flag and junk. Hopefully this doesn't come to NA plus.

If this happens, it won't be free rain vote whatever you like there will probably be a selection of games there to vote for and not every game will be AAA

Please no. Going by Steam, the only games that would win are zombie games. This is a bad idea.

edit: see pic in OP. Some garbage zombie game is ahead of Grow Home.

No voting has taken place yet, that's just a placeholder from the promo video.

I think the most surprising part of this is that SCEE basically just announced Grow Home and Zombie Vikings before PS4. Bizarre.

Carl

This can be a very good thing or a VERY bad thing.

I wouldn't be suprised if Sony put on voting some casual games, direct port of mobile devices, and those get ton of votes.
I think there should be SOME games to select by voting, but also SOME games decided by Sony, otherwise this could be a disaster.

This just decides one of the games for the following month so...

Ampsicora

Was just checking the what's new section on my PS4 (UK) and there was a video entitled vote to play describing a new feature where you vote on what Plus game you want (out of a choice of three) and the one with the most votes goes up as one of next months plus games (The other two will be available with plus discounts)

Cool idea no? Did a search and didn't find anything else about it.

20150730123037.jpg

20150730123056.jpg

EDIT- For clarification these pics are screen grabs from the video that was in the what's new section (and has since disappeared) I have not voted and voting doesn't appear to be up yet so it doesn't mean one of these games will be on plus next month if at all.

I would vote Grow Home

Nobody notice Grow Home is in the list when ubisoft didn't yet announce a Playstation version?

EDIT: beaten

I actually like that each month I get to play games that I personally had not even heard of, or had dismissed out of hand, or just had no interest in.

Perfect example : Rocket League. Not my thing, not interested, never heard of the original game. Would never of downloaded it except as a 'freebie' .. and now Boom! Love it!

So I hope Sony keeps on bringing on all sorts of titles to PS+, and won't just limit it to a voted opinion of a vocal/active minority.Because titles like Rocket League might get missed otherwise.

Also agree with previous posters 100%: "I hope only Plus Members can vote then."

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nobody notice Grow Home is in the list when ubisoft didn't yet announce a Playstation version?

Been mentioned several times in this thread.

I think we are just not shocked. When you ship over 25 million consoles in a year and a half, it would be more shocking if it was not coming to it.

I actually like that each month I get to play games that I personally had not even heard of, or had dismissed out of hand, or just had no interest in.

Perfect example : Rocket League. Not my thing, not interested, never heard of the original game. Would never of downloaded it except as a 'freebie' .. and now Boom! Love it!

So I hope Sony keeps on bringing on all sorts of titles to PS+, and won't just limit it to a voted opinion of a vocal/active minority.Because titles like Rocket League might get missed otherwise.

Also agree with previous posters 100%: "I hope only Plus Members can vote then."

I feel the exact same way. Big AAA I would have already purchased or plan on owning physical down the road with price cuts.

MUnited83

For you.
PSY・S;173489823 said:
Incorrect. This is a choice between predetermined titles. People can't vote for whatever they want.

Fbh

Not sure I like the idea. Though the part about the other games getting a discount is pretty cool.
I guess it might work well some months and other not, just like regular Ps+, but looking at Ps+ threads like the one were they announced rocket league for Ps4 and seeing tons of people hating the lineup doesn't give me much hope

Look at this from this way: Bad AAA games will always win, which means we won't have to pay for them. Better indie games won't win, which means we'll get nice deals for them. Ain't too bad after all.

Yup. This just makes Plus less of a place to push innovation and genre's needing an exposure boost. The casuals will dumb it down.

Top Bottom