• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus - Vote to Play

I like that you can change your vote anytime until the deadline. Looks like a cool idea. And you still got ps+ discount if your chosen games doesn't win

silva1991

Considering there is no hype for Tearaway, I think it should be a plus title at least a month after release if it floped again :(

Go do some research on Zombie Vikings. Never mind PS+, Your post is actually what's wrong with gaming in general. Judging a fucking book by its cover like some hipster.

From the ps blog
For all you who don’t know what Zombie Vikings is, here’s a quick re-cap:
1-4 player co-op brawler from the creators of Stick It to The Man!
Over 40 unlockable unique weapons with names like Stinknir and Blunt Fish Trauma.

I literally died laughing when I read blunt fish trauma how do people come up with such hilarious phrasing

Not since deathspank have my sides been so split

the game looks bad, his post was right. Grow home (for example) has a lot of positive buzz for being a very good and new thing

Cleve

I know everyone has different tastes, but I feel like there's a lot of people that want knack just to punish other ps+ users that whine about a lack of AAA.

I bought the game at launch and got to be disappointed right off the bat, but the game's hit sub $20 plenty of times, is this something people are really holding out for or is this just a joke I'm missing out on?

Tsunamo

Cool initiative, feels very similar to what Valve do with community votes on steamsales and after having unsubbed for awhile due to software i'm not as interested in (or already have) it's nice to know I have a bit of a choice in what goes on the service.

A vote for Knack is a vote for a good game

Fuck, I really really want Grow Home but I gotta vote for Zombie Vikings. Stick it to the Man was FANTASTIC. Loved the humor so I gotta support ZV.

El_Cinefilo

Going by Steam...the game you want never wins.

Voting sucks.

tumblr_n13wniep6p1t1qeoto1_500.gif

jwk94

What message is that? That you prefer boring platforming games over exciting games with great gameplay, as long as it's considered AAA?

Strange message indeed!

Maybe that people have different tastes? Although it's probably to stifle the people who want retail titles. Honestly, we should be getting a mix of retail and indie games. It's ridiculous that we've only gotten three or four retail games almost two years into the console's life cycle.

jiggles

Banned
Go do some research on Zombie Vikings. Never mind PS+, Your post is actually what's wrong with gaming in general. Judging a fucking book by its cover like some hipster.

Maybe take it down a few gears, yeah? I'm well aware of what Zombie Vikings is, and I'm looking forward to it. I said nothing of its quality, and only alluded to Grow Home being more hotly-anticipated. The game with "Zombie" in the title will always swing the vote, because Zombies are hashtag-viral hashtag-trending

Cleve

Considering there is no hype for Tearaway, I think it should be a plus title at least a month after release if it floped again :(

Sadly, I think Tearaway on PS4 is going to perform similarly to Puppeteer on PS3. :(

It really shouldn't be too much of a surprise given that they seem to have the same marketing strategy.

If this was implemented to curb the common complaining about how some say they never get what they want, this is just going to exacerbate the problem and deflect the blame from Sony to voters instead.

I like the idea though, just curious what the implications of being nominated and not winning that month are. Will we never get that game as a choice again? Will it carry over to next month as a choice or just added by default?

Z3M0G

I own Knack, but I'd still vote for it for all those who want it.

It's worth buying at a good price though... seriously... has good replay value too for just skipping cutscenes and collecting more treasure pieces to unlock everything.

Lesser known games will suffer heavily. Which is completely opposite to the ethos of P+.

No thanks. If this indeed becomes the standard... i'll probably play a lot less plus games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Please no. Going by Steam, the only games that would win are zombie games. This is a bad idea.

edit: see pic in OP. Some garbage zombie game is ahead of Grow Home.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The voting is pretty neat (but surely trolled if other platforms are any indication).

I knew people would start bitching about Knack being voted. I said that in the most recent Plus thread if it were to happen. For every person saying Knack, there will be two more saying, "why?".

You can't please everyone.

chrisboers

Neo Member
I really don't understand why ppl are so much focused on 'retail'. You should really look at 'gameplay value', and in that area, games like Rocket League and Styx provide tons. And while Sound Shapes is not retail, it could easily have been.

On that same page, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris IS a retail release, as is Limbo (on PC, but that's just a platform discussion).

So, in essence, only Stealth Inc 2 and Castlestorm are to be considered non-retail...

This is of course stretching it a bit, but it DOES show why ppl should stop regarding 'retail' as an attribute of value. It's just a transport medium.

BibiMaghoo

Good fucking move Sony. This kind of thing 'mostly' works out with the old style steam sales, and I think most people will go for the title that is newest or saves the most money, which is good for customers.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Maybe that people have different tastes? Although it's probably to stifle the people who want retail titles. Honestly, we should be getting a mix of retail and indie games. It's ridiculous that we've only gotten three or four retail games almost two years into the console's life cycle.

Of course people have different tastes. But the fact that people factor a game's budget, sometimes exclusively, into whether or not it's for them is absolutely absurd. Indie is not a genre. Indie games can be action games, RPGs, platformers, point and click and so on. To say you don't like indie games, is the same as saying you don't like games, period. And I can't help but feel bad for gamers who are willfully missing out on some of the best games out there because of the size of the team, or the budget the game had.

Basically, you just want to think "holy crap! This game was sitting on a shelf for $60, and I just got it for "free" thanks to psplus/gwg". And sure, that would ridiculously good value for money, and I can see why you might want that, but it isn't really realistic. We're only going to get big games on these services when the publishers want to put them on there in a bid to sell dlc/advertise the next game in the series.

Approach every title with an open mind and you'll probably realize that it's still an amazing service.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Of course people have different tastes. But the fact that people factor a game's budget, sometimes exclusively, into whether or not it's for them is absolutely absurd. Indie is not a genre. Indie games can be action games, RPGs, platformers, point and click and so on. To say you don't like indie games, is the same as saying you don't like games, period. And I can't help but feel bad for gamers who are willfully missing out on some of the best games out there because of the size of the team, or the budget the game had.

Basically, you just want to think "holy crap! This game was sitting on a shelf for $60, and I just got it for "free" thanks to psplus/gwg". And sure, that would ridiculously good value for money, and I can see why you might want that, but it isn't really realistic. We're only going to get big games on these services when the publishers want to put them on there in a bid to sell dlc/advertise the next game in the series.

Approach every title with an open mind and you'll probably realize that it's still an amazing service.

Agreed with this.

ryseing

I hope The Last of Us goes up there. I've beaten it on the PS3, but I want to replay it in 60fps and just can't justify re-buying a game I already own.

TLoU digital codes are stupid cheap thanks to them being bundled with PS4s.

Lesser known games will suffer heavily. Which is completely opposite to the ethos of P+.

No thanks. If this indeed becomes the standard... i'll probably play a lot less plus games.

You're only voting for one of the slots.

Top Bottom