• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/06/08

n1n9tean

Banned
Lindsay said:
I just got done with the MGS4 demo and by done I mean I died ;_;

Like really really fast! I went in a building and ran around some and got spotted and tried hiding in a locker but I guess that trick don't work no more cause they opened it and started shooting the crap outta me >_<!

Will have to try it again later on a easier difficulty then the default one I guess.
HA HA HA YOU SUCK

Hey, everybody, point and laugh at the loser.

Gonna go play on easy mode, huh?

Gonna tap in some cheat codes?

Hey, how 'bout slidin' the old Game Genie in there? :lol

KiNeSiS

Banned
I know where you mean on the retail on hard I died like 30 times after that part you get radar the mkII a silenced 45 (etc.), not sure of the Demo....

Let's just say the game gets GOTY brilliance @ that point...!

lorddct

Does the singstar multiple mics work in Rock Band now? And is it only for battle or can both sing in world tour?

Lain

Lindsay said:
I just got done with the MGS4 demo and by done I mean I died ;_;

Like really really fast! I went in a building and ran around some and got spotted and tried hiding in a locker but I guess that trick don't work no more cause they opened it and started shooting the crap outta me >_<!

Will have to try it again later on a easier difficulty then the default one I guess.

The locker trick still works (at least it worked in the retail game) but they check more througly the last area you got seen at.
My method when spotted was to simply run away trying to make them lose sight of me and then go hide somewhere away from where they last saw me. That way they would usually never find me. And if they kept coming? I'd kill them all and then hide to let the timer reset.

M3wThr33

Banned
Veronica Belmont is a dumb frog-faced woman who really doesn't belong as the public face for Qore.

She puts on way too much of an act, tries too hard and pronounces words as well as Bush.

She literally said "Nuke-u-ler" in ep 5 and "mayn-ga" in ep 6 even though she pronounced Akihabara correctly.

And when she gives interviews, she couldn't sound less informed when asking questions. I understand she can't know about every game, but the general vibe I get from her is "OMG IT'S A BLOODY/SCARY GAME I DON'T WANT TO PLAY!"

It doesn't leave me with an excitement to get the game, rather to just stare at her wide jaw that would make even Morgan Webb cry.

And that doesn't even include ep 6 which is the least substantial issue yet. Although the new asian girl seems good. Much better, honestly.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
M3wThr33 said:
Veronica Belmont is a dumb frog-faced woman who really doesn't belong as the public face for Qore.

She puts on way too much of an act, tries too hard and pronounces words as well as Bush.

She literally said "Nuke-u-ler" in ep 5 and "mayn-ga" in ep 6 even though she pronounced Akihabara correctly.

And when she gives interviews, she couldn't sound less informed when asking questions. I understand she can't know about every game, but the general vibe I get from her is "OMG IT'S A BLOODY/SCARY GAME I DON'T WANT TO PLAY!"

It doesn't leave me with an excitement to get the game, rather to just stare at her wide jaw that would make even Morgan Webb cry.

And that doesn't even include ep 6 which is the least substantial issue yet. Although the new asian girl seems good. Much better, honestly.

I'd root her (thats an offer if u read Gaf sexy), Qores pretty meh this month, maybe cause i tried to watch it infront of my family and felt like a nerd cause of Home, but meh, i want Home Beta! :)

DunpealD

Anybody else tried

&#9658; Kenka Banchou 3: Zenkoku Seiha
&#9675; PSP
&#9675; 60MB

this one?

Just tried it yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed. :lol
For those who don't know: It's kinda a beat'em up in which you can modify your combo(not in the demo) like in Kingdom of Paradise/Key of Heaven. Of course the setting and gameplay is completely different.

Here are the controls:

Analog Stick: Controlling character
D-Pad: Controls camera
R - Button(While roaming): Mince Beam(?) use it in roaming to answer other peoples Beams, challenge other people or intimidate normal people
R -Button(In battle): Guard
L - Button(While roaming): Talk
L - Button: Throw
Square: Combo attack
Triangle: Strong attack
Circle: Jump
X: Run
Circle + X: Posing to recharge spirit
Square + X: Hitting behind you and turn around
Triangle Circle: Special move

Also if you engage the enemies in battle using the beam you can launch a starting counter attack by recreating the sentence shown before the "QTE".

There are also menus and other things but you should be able to use try and error to see what they do, but beware in the first menu when you go left you'll be asked if you want to end the game.

EDIT: Something else I noticed is, if you intimidate normal people they'll leave things like money :lol

I'm worried because they never sent me my Resistance 2 code either. If a friend didn't hook me up earlier, I wouldn't have even gotten in.

Dante

What's the ETA on the home beta invites to be sent out from this Qore episode? My brother keeps bugging me for info.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Metalmurphy said:
Sony monkeys are working on it.

I haven't gotten mine neither.

Even if you get emailed a code that does not mean HOME will work. I've been receiving non-stop network error with HOME.

Dante said:
What's the ETA on the home beta invites to be sent out from this Qore episode? My brother keeps bugging me for info.

I thought they would already mailed out.

neojubei said:
Even if you get emailed a code that does not mean HOME will work. I've been receiving non-stop network error with HOME.
Actually I'm already in HOME and it worked fine for me yesterday :p

I just want my second code to give it away.

kassatsu

Banned
This week for Japan.

&#9658; LittleBigPlanet (DLC IS REGION LOCKED)

&#9675; Toro from Mainichi Issho (¥200)

&#9675; Europe Costume Contest Winner (Free)

&#9675; Animal Costume Pack (¥300 or ¥100 each)
- Frog
- Shark
- Gorilla
- Penguin

We better get that animal pack.

zeloe326 said:
GEE ZUS! That Bayonetta Trailer in HD is breath taking. That game looks sweet. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Really? Because while I'm sort of amused by the ridiculous over-the-top sextease, you can't actually judge the gameplay by CG. And the realtime stuff tears so hideously it's not any help either. I'll reserve my excitement until they can show what it will actually look like.

kassatsu

Banned
4 psone games got added to the Japanese PSN store.

Front Mission 1st
Building Crush
Land Maker
Touki Denshou ~Angel Eyes~

plus a Winning Eleven demo and 2 White knight videos

carlosp

Banned
kassatsu said:
4 psone games got added to the Japanese PSN store.

Front Mission 1st
Building Crush
Land Maker
Touki Denshou ~Angel Eyes~

plus a Winning Eleven demo and 2 White knight videos

such a great game, really addictive.

MadFuzzy

The HK store also got the Winning Eleven demo and trailer today, along with Wipeout HD (134HKD) and Penny Arcade Aventures Episode 1, plus the Mirror's Edge demo.

MadFuzzy

The Japanese store updates so far this week:

Game Archives:

Front Mission 1st (600 yen)
Building Crush (600 yen)
Land Maker (600 yen)
Touki Denshou ~Angel Eyes~ (600 yen)

Demos:

World Soccer Winning Eleven 2009

Videos:

Samurai 3 Promotional Movie
World Soccer Winning Eleven 2009 Opening Movie
White Knight Chronicles TGS 2008 Special Movie
White Knight Chronicles Live Part Movie

Aru

buffi said:
Building Crush looks cool.
Will be picking that up for sure.

LBP DLC is region locked I assume?

kassatsu said:
This week for Japan.

&#9658; LittleBigPlanet (DLC IS REGION LOCKED)

&#9675; Toro from Mainichi Issho (¥200)

&#9675; Europe Costume Contest Winner (Free)

&#9675; Animal Costume Pack (¥300 or ¥100 each)
- Frog
- Shark
- Gorilla
- Penguin

We better get that animal pack.

;)

Front Mission 1st is a cool addition to the Store :D

Ponn

Banned
Yea, really enjoying this QORE Home Beta here Sony. Thanks for nothing.

My bet is they will send the codes out a week after Home is open for everyone.

Elios83

Wollan said:
1.00 is just about to release. They're not sending out the Qore or public invites before it's up.

Shouldn't 1.0 be the open beta version?
I thought the closed beta was done on the 0.98 version and it should be the same for Qore.
If 1.0 is ready they should release it to the public.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Metalmurphy said:
Actually I'm already in HOME and it worked fine for me yesterday :p

I just want my second code to give it away.

Good for you, maybe I am really on a Sony blacklist.

Wollan said:
1.00 is just about to release. They're not sending out the Qore or public invites before it's up.

I received mine on the first week of november and I subscribe to qore, i know i would not get the code if i was not subscribed.

And how do you know Home is about to be released?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
stuburns said:
1.0 shouldn't even be beta, 1.0 is used to signify initial official release code.

they've had 1.x updates of previous betas... Socom for example

amodf

what angel eyes came out really that's awesome

best 2-D sprites vs awful 3d renders fighter ever

tecmo's first boobs r awzum fighting game

RobbieNick said:
Wait, you had to subscribe to Qore BEFORE 10/28 to get the HOME Beta?!!

Shit! I just wasted 25 bucks. :)-(
You paid 25 bucks just to have access to the beta?

Servers you right then :p

I made a thread about it dude. But, if it makes you feel better, no one got the codes yet.

Metalmurphy said:
You paid 25 bucks just to have access to the beta?

Servers you right then :p

I made a thread about it dude. But, if it makes you feel better, no one got the codes yet.
Oh, I thought I missed out on my codes cuz I was already in the beta.

Good to know that mine still may be on the way (so I can give it away).

Top Bottom