• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/06/08

Whoever buys the Bikini Fashion Show - theme for $1.99 needs to get a life, seriously.

I honestly wouldn't have minded a really bare update (although Qore + NCAA is sweet) because of ALL THE FREAKIN GAMES I have to play. My goodness.

BTW -

That PSP store sure is bringing in the content.

Sigh.

For Naruto, is the EU Storm pack 1 the same as the US Storm pack 3 w/ Shizune, or is it the pre-order pack with one of the hokages? If so are the DLC region locked like LBP?

DMeisterJ

Banned
TheMissingLink said:
BTW -

Sigh.

It sure is. Look at all the content on it!

/sigh.

I still don't understand the point of getting the Store on the PSP if it's never used. >_> A PS1 game, something. C'mon Sony.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
This MGS4 demo is way to large! Gonna take me all overnight to d/l x_x! Pretty decent week anyways. I like the new PJ Monsters theme!

DMPrince said:
probably right. first two are from gamestop and gamecrazy.

Ohhhh well it still don't quite make sense ta call it #3 unless they plan on releasing those other ones at some point?

n1n9tean

Banned
Yay, I have MGS4 on the way to my house right now. I was in the beta so I know how it controls.

I hope there's no spoilers in this demo!

Man, this months Qore is a joke, the only good thing to come out of it is the 5 seconds of the SOCOM HOME space :lol

And I still haven't gotten my beta code.

Tntnnbltn

TheMissingLink said:

Sigh.
It sure is... for Europe. Four PS Classics and three UMD legacy games in the last 3 updates.

6/11/2008
► Spin Jam (PSone)
► Theme Park (PSone)

30/10/2008
► Def Jam Fight for NY: The Takeover (PSP)
► Cool Boarders 2 (PSOne)

23/10/2008
► Crash Bandicoot 3 (PSone)
► Practical IQ (PSP)
► Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (PSP)

Last two updates lacked in awesome. Which means the next 6 are going to be nuts. Crash Commando, Fat Princess, Penny Arcade, Quest for Booty, Street Fighter, Lumines, holy shit!

dwin45

miyamotofreak said:
Last two updates lacked in awesome. Which means the next 6 are going to be nuts. Crash Commando, Fat Princess, Penny Arcade, Quest for Booty, Street Fighter, Lumines, holy shit!
Wait, when does Fat Princess come out?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Flunkie said:
Hasn't like, everyone played MGS4? Is the demo something special or is it just something we've all seen before?

They could put exclusive content in it?

Issun23

AdawgDaFAB said:
For Naruto, is the EU Storm pack 1 the same as the US Storm pack 3 w/ Shizune, or is it the pre-order pack with one of the hokages? If so are the DLC region locked like LBP?

It's the Shizune pack. Even though it is labelled as Storm Pack 1 on the Store, when you unpack it, it reads Storm Pack 3, just like the US one. And most probably, DLC is region locked. Easy enough to check if it's not. Just download the pack from the US Store and try to patch it to the EU data file and see if it works. You'll know if it did by checking the file history (press Triangle). All patches will be included there.

Pack contains Shizune as a support character, two missions (one battle, one race) and an extra Naruto costume - his pyjamas. Instead of transforming into nine tails he'll go to sleep and recover hit points.

neight

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Man, this months Qore is a joke, the only good thing to come out of it is the 5 seconds of the SOCOM HOME space :lol

And I still haven't gotten my beta code.
kassatsu said:
That was by far the worse episode of Qore yet.
It was no worse than any other Qore. That is, all fluff. Sure no good games were featured in this issue but we never learn anything good about them anyway. Qore is and has always been for fanboys.

decon

I love LBP as much as the next guy but...

○ MotorStorm Custume (£1.59 / Not on Australian store)
○ Rare Week 1 T-Shirt (£3.99 / AU$8.45)
What the fuck. Seriously, what the fuck is this? £4 for a fucking digital t-shirt? £1,59 for a god damn helmet? What's up with this shit? Should be £0,5 at the most. Fuck your Rare Week T-Shirt MM, this is just stupid.

Surprised to see a demo of MGS4, a little late maybe?

neight said:
It was no worse than any other Qore. That is, all fluff. Sure no good games were featured in this issue but we never learn anything good about them anyway. Qore is and has always been for fanboys.
No, not really...

I never complained about the other ones, its just that this one was low on content.

eznark

Banned
decon said:
I love LBP as much as the next guy but...

What the fuck. Seriously, what the fuck is this? £4 for a fucking digital t-shirt? £1,59 for a god damn helmet? What's up with this shit? Should be £0,5 at the most. Fuck your Rare Week T-Shirt MM, this is just stupid.

Surprised to see a demo of MGS4, a little late maybe?

Yeah, I can't imagine I'll be buying any LBP costumes. Unless you throw a Brewers/Packers jersey up there, then I will be unable to control the fandom.

decon said:
No one is making you buy it. It's a rare item for collectors that will only be on sale this week. Only hardcore fans will buy it.

I have no problems with them selling it since it adds nothing at all to the gameplay, is just for show, and if people wanna waste money on that then more power to them, doesn't mean that you have to.

Tntnnbltn

Late addition to the Australian store... Might also be on the other European stores which missed out yesterday.

► LittleBigPlanet
○ MotorStorm Costume (AU$3.45)

Edit: Wow, that's new. Just went back into the store and the Latest section is LBP themed.

K0NY

neight said:
Qore is and has always been for fanboys.
Apparently this month it was for Nintendo fanboys. Did you see all the Nintendo stuff they showed in those stores? There was a bunch of Mario stuff and some Dreamcast games but hardly anything Sony related. I was like, :lol

So did anyone get their Home beta invites from this yet? Also, if you've already been given the beta key before and you're a Qore annual subscriber, do you get a second one?

Crisis

Banned
I haven't purchased any of the premium themes on the PSN but they do offer something kind of neat. You can actually get image previews of the themes before you buy them. You can even enlarge them to full-size.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Crisis said:
I haven't purchased any of the premium themes on the PSN but they do offer something kind of neat. You can actually get image previews of the themes before you buy them. You can even enlarge them to full-size.

That true, but the latest themes do not have previews... which sucks. And why dont free themes also have previews?

AndyD said:
That true, but the latest themes do not have previews... which sucks. And why dont free themes also have previews?

The new premium ones have previews. When they first appear in the store they don't have previews for some reason, but when I looked again later the new themes had previews.

Crisis

Banned
AndyD said:

Really? I checked out the premium themes that were already on the store and found the previews. Sucks about the new ones. Maybe they'll add them soon. Free themes do not have previews as far as I know.

n1n9tean

Banned
Did anyone get their home invites? I'm already in home (have been since the beta first started) but I have a friend whi is a Qore subscrier who was asking me how it's supposed to work/when he should get his code or whatever.

I also had this very annoying kid who wouldn't stop begging for my email and password to my PSN account once he saw me in Home. I kept telling him Home isn't shareable. He even told me he was a Qore subscriber. If that's true then all he needs to do is be patient. I ended up having to delete him. He just would not stop spamming me with messages. :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
n1n9tean said:
Did anyone get their home invites? I'm already in home (have been since the beta first started) but I have a friend whi is a Qore subscrier who was asking me how it's supposed to work/when he should get his code or whatever.

I also had this very annoying kid who wouldn't stop begging for my email and password to my PSN account once he saw me in Home. I kept telling him Home isn't shareable. He even told me he was a Qore subscriber. If that's true then all he needs to do is be patient. I ended up having to delete him. He just would not stop spamming me with messages. :lol

qore subscriber since 1st day, nothing yet.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I just got done with the MGS4 demo and by done I mean I died ;_;

Like really really fast! I went in a building and ran around some and got spotted and tried hiding in a locker but I guess that trick don't work no more cause they opened it and started shooting the crap outta me >_<!

Will have to try it again later on a easier difficulty then the default one I guess.

J2d

Pixeljunk encore is back on the euro store. Bought it but can't unzip it because I apparently have a more recent version already, someone needs to be fired.

Top Bottom