• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/06/08

kuYuri

GQman2121 said:
I was under the impression that the week-one tee was going to be free for everyone who picked up the game at or around launch. What's the deal?

I thought so too at first. But if you go back and read the PS Blog post about it, no where did they ever say it was to be free. We just assumed it was.

It was only the space suit that they ever mentioned was to be free.

No45

GQman2121 said:
I was under the impression that the week-one tee was going to be free for everyone who picked up the game at or around launch. What's the deal?
I can only assume this is their "Horse Armour". There's no way that isn't on there to see what they can get away with.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
GQman2121 said:
It was free in Japan too.

WTF.

AndyD

aka andydumi
GQman2121 said:

Only the spaceman was going to be free. They never said free on the tee. Some people picked up on it back then, but then we all dismissed it as a misprint in the PR.

Well, if you get the t-shirt it's pretty flexible in terms of coloring it the way you want. Unless, of course, there's a simple t-shirt model already available that I haven't found?

RiverBed

Banned
hEist said:
.eu costumes not working here (usa version lbp, eu console)
the console is irrelivent, you have to match the DLC with the game version. both will work on any PS3 system, but the game and it's DLC have to be from the same region to work.

deepbrown said:
Is the UK store update up?
it doesn't matter. why not d/l it from any store? I usually d/l the demo with the smallest size from any store I find. as long as it is in English, I don't care from where I get it.

-viper-

Banned
They should convert some PS2 games for the PS3.

Would be awesome. There are many games that I'd love to play. I.e. GOW2, SOTC, Black, Timesplitters 3 etc.

-viper- said:
They should convert some PS2 games for the PS3.

I concur, i'd love them to start releasing PS2 games across the various region stores - since my JP PS3 broke i'm stuck without backwards compatability, and theres loads of games i'd gladly pay for to have a copy on my PS3's HDD (Dragon Quest VIII, Shadow of the Colossus, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike etc).

Baha

Since they've started doing region-free gaming for the psp & ps3, they should introduce either a new region-free ps2 or add region-free ps2 capability for BC ps3 models. I think an official region-free ps2 would sell and be a viable alternative for importers who don't want to mod their systems. It wouldn't have to be expensive either, there's a large enough install base for it and it could keep the ps2 going for a few more years.

StuBurns

Banned
Baha said:
Since they've started doing region-free gaming for the psp & ps3, they should introduce either a new region-free ps2 or add region-free ps2 capability for BC ps3 models. I think an official region-free ps2 would sell and be a viable alternative for importers who don't want to mod their systems. It wouldn't have to be expensive either, there's a large enough install base for it and it could keep the ps2 going for a few more years.
That's one idea, I'd much rather they just remove the region locks on PS3's BC. They don't care because the PS1 games on the store are all region free.

Tntnnbltn

Baha said:
Except it would be probably be illegal for Sony to do that. There are legal contracts regarding the territorial publishing rights for PS2 games. Sony can't just remove their region protection from every PS2 game ever published or they'd probably be open to lawsuits.

The only reason PS Classic games are region-free is because it's part of the agreement for PSN licensing between Sony and the games' respective publishers.

linsivvi

gofreak said:
I think it depends on the game. But two sony games I've tried this with, it didn't work. In the first case, Warhawk, it was a costly mistake, as I have one set of redundant DLC for it now, that I had to rebuy then on the right store.

Definitely game by game. I downloaded the Dead Space Obsidian suit from the American store and it worked on my non-US version of the game.

kassatsu

Banned
McBradders said:
Where did the links on how to set up foreign PSN accounts go from the OP?

(Hint; I need to make an american account :( )
Do you plan on buying stuff? If not just put fake info in for all the entries. I only remember there being a link for making a Japanese Account, which is still there, since that was all in Japanese.

krae_man

Metalmurphy said:
MS demo wasn't delayed. People just don't like to read.

I'm fairly sure Sony planned to include it the same week at first. Just because they never announced it was coming the same week as qore doesn't mean it wasn't supposed to come the same week as qore.

And it appears as though Home beta invites are going out to Qore aubscribers over the next 'several' weeks. :banghead :

Current Qore Annual subscribers as of 10/29 will receive vouchers via email. Some of you have already been invited. Similar to other betas, the roll out is phased over the next several weeks.

Afrikan

so..............Playstation Underground finally gives me access to Home (because of the home theme download)....... but they choose to wait this long and give it to me the same day as when I'm suppose to get access from my Qore subscription.......ha

I mean, I'm happy I'm not homeless anymore......but I would have appreciated if PU gave me access to the Killzone beta instead.....

mauaus

Afrikan said:
so..............Playstation Underground finally gives me access to Home (because of the home theme download)....... but they choose to wait this long and give it to me the same day as when I'm suppose to get access from my Qore subscription.......ha

I mean, I'm happy I'm not homeless anymore......but I would have appreciated if PU gave me access to the Killzone beta instead.....
think of it as a consolation prize

kuYuri

Baha said:
C'mon monkey, press the button already!

2j0dto5.jpg

Baha

le.phat said:
can anyone point towards the Eternal sonata demo ? can't find it on the J store, and i'm about to pick it up.

It's on the US store, and it was on the jp store the last time I checked. I suggest the US version if you can't read japanese since there's some important info there on how the battle system works.

RpgN

le.phat said:
can anyone point towards the Eternal sonata demo ? can't find it on the J store, and i'm about to pick it up.

Okay go to Muryou taiken*PV (Free demos and promotion videos)on the 5th option. You'll see the newest demos first like MGS4 etc. There are two categories in there for the psp and ps3 (taikenban) which shows all the demos for the respected systems. Click on the ps3 and you should find it between the list.

kassatsu

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Anyone downloaded Qore, hows the Home thing gonna work, they sendin emails or you d/l from inside Qore?
The US store isn't up yet, but it will be in an email like the R2 beta was.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
neojubei said:
Wow @ the euro store, pretty snazzy there.

Ya that is pretty nice! Now if only they had more than two ad-sets to cycle through I could stave off boredom alil longer! The US store has about 20 of them by my count... oh and please tell I'm not the only one that does this x_x

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Anyone downloaded Qore, hows the Home thing gonna work, they sendin emails or you d/l from inside Qore?

I received an email last night round 11pm

Top Bottom