• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

Emowii said:
Ok, so Jaffe came into the thread and explained the situation. Cool.

Does everyone really need to lick the guy's balls afterwards? Geeze. In the end we're still the customers, and he's asking us to spend $10 on his game. No need to kiss his ass up and down for simply replying on a board to explain why his game has been delayed 2 months.

Sorry. I don't think anyone meant to hit on your girlfriend. Honest mistake.

Ploid 3.0

Emowii said:

Does everyone really need to lick the guy's balls afterwards? Geeze. In the end we're still the customers, and he's asking us to spend $10 on his game. No need to kiss his ass up and down for simply replying on a board to explain why his game has been delayed 2 months.

Would be nice if more game makers interacted like this on community forums. Take SE for example, people in FFXI want things fixed in the endgame there and have a huge forum. Yet every 5 months or more we get a interview with Sage Sundi (spelling I'm sure) to dance around questions, and problems with "I don't know" and the like. I know SE is a JP company but it sure would be nice for them to at least answer their JP customers. Only used this as an example. I'd be shocked and thanking SE the way people are reacting to Jaffe if they did the same. I don't think anyone is kissing up to him, he's involved in great games.

Lurking capcom guy, get working on Street fighter 4, and put online play in it.

spwolf

TTP said:
I think it's gonna go through the approval process again? Unless that's what the q/a thing is.

yep, they will be doing final testing... but again, does that mean it takes a long time to pass or what?

it is very unclear...

Emowii

Banned
wonderkins said:
Sorry. I don't think anyone meant to hit on your girlfriend. Honest mistake.
You're calling Jaffe a girl huh? Not exactly a flattering comment on your part.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Would be nice if more game makers interacted like this on community forums.
Yeah, and it's cool that he showed up in the thread to explain things, just as I said earlier. I just think some people go a little overboard with the ass kissing.

"Oh, I can't wait to play games with you Jaffe!" "Oh, thanks for explaining things Jaffe, you really are the man!" "Oh, I can't wait to buy whatever you make, as it can't be anything but awesome!" "Oh Jaffe, I want to have your love child!".

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Emowii said:

Yeah.

*vomits internally*

Emowii said:
Wow. You guys really are reaching for the laughs in that "girlfriend" quote.

eh....what can we say...slow day on GAF.

People are responding positively to Jaffe actually coming into the thread to explain the delay. It is nice for game developers to actually touch base with their base.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Arde0 said:
eh....what can we say...slow day on GAF.

People are responding positively to Jaffe actually coming into the thread to explain the delay. It is nice for game developers to actually touch base with their base.

So true.

I'd like Jade Raymond to do the same and come here explaining how things are going with Assassin's Creed.

I'm pretty sure Jaffe would love that too.

Ploid 3.0

Emowii said:
Yeah, and it's cool that he showed up in the thread to explain things, just as I said earlier. I just think some people go a little overboard with the ass kissing.

"Oh, I can't wait to play games with you Jaffe!" "Oh, thanks for explaining things Jaffe, you really are the man!" "Oh, I can't wait to buy whatever you make, as it can't be anything but awesome!" "Oh Jaffe, I want to have your love child!".

Most of those quotes are honest I believe.

"Oh, I can't wait to play games with you Jaffe!"

I'd also like to play against game developers but as Yamauchi's time record in GT3 showed me, I would only get murdered. But still, it would be cool to at least be in the same race. It would also be neat to be in a game of 21 with MJ, or heck a guitar hero duo with someone from some band I don't know I guess. Just to say I did (in case you say I'd be kissing up to MJ).

"Oh, thanks for explaining things Jaffe, you really are the man!"

People like the way he don't censor himself much in replies. Which is probably where "the man" thing came from. That and his interviews.

"Oh, I can't wait to buy whatever you make, as it can't be anything but awesome!"

I played the crap out of TM2, TMB, Downhill Domination (have to see if he had anything to do with this), and GoWs. Even played Mickey Mania and liked it before I ever knew about gaf. Seems like he's behind a lot of great games. Are there any flops (not in sales but in fun).

"Oh Jaffe, I want to have your love child!"

... :\ uh yea, that's crossing the line, but you can't help but grin.

Emowii said:
You're calling Jaffe a girl huh? Not exactly a flattering comment on your part.

Er, yeah. I'm sure he'll be confused by that.

Me: "Hey, Mr. Jaffe, although you produced, God of War, a video game centered around Greek mythology, you're probably unaware of sarcasm, right? I mean, <chuckle>, even though the word's etymology is Greek, you probably've never heard of it."

Jaffe: "Right. Are you a ****ing moran?"

Get off it, Emowii. Your Debbie-Downer trope is misplaced. Go be the Voice of Reason and Temperance on a board not dedicated to discussing and celebrating a pastime.

tha_con

Banned
David Jaffee, you're a cool guy, but honestly.

**** YOU.

This is rediculous. You say it's out, you say it's not, you say you teak it, you say you're finished. Honestly, it wouldn't matter if you wouldn't have told me way back in damn NOVEMBER that the game was scheduled for release in late Q4 '06 to early Q1 '07.

I'm calling it, it's all a bunch of bullshit, there is no Calling all Cars game, it's a vid they've been looping around, we're all ducks in a row.

[/fail thread]

PS: Still love your games, comments, and opinions, but please, don't make ANY more announcements about this game. Just let us be surprised instead of let down week after week, it's seriously NOT something we look forward to, surprisingly.

teepo

ATTACK OF THE NERDS

NYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHH

angry-nerd.jpg

Ranger X

Wollan said:
Way too much drama because of a simple series of delays.

Yup. And they'd be the first to be in fury when the game would crash on them.
Whiners should just shut up. It's the reality of making a game and it's important to debug it properly.

How the hell are we kissing his ass? He was nice enough to come here and fully explain what's going on, and some of us thanked him for clearing up the confusion. Why would we kiss his ass for that? Do you think any of us believe that he's going to round up all the posters in the thread that thanked him or whatever and give them jobs or something? Don't make a nuclear bomb out of a dud firecracker.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
more waiting for calling all cars... I'll probablly just pick up rub a dub, and really really want ps1 games for ps3 on the store.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
wonderkins said:
Er, yeah. I'm sure he'll be confused by that.

Me: "Hey, Mr. Jaffe, although you produced, God of War, a video game centered around Greek mythology, you're probably unaware of sarcasm, right? I mean, <chuckle>, even though the word's etymology is Greek, you probably've never heard of it."

Jaffe: "Right. Are you a ****ing moran?"

Get off it, Emowii. Your Debbie-Downer trope is misplaced. Go be the Voice of Reason and Temperance on a board not dedicated to discussing and celebrating a pastime.

I like this guy :).

Emowii, let people be positive if they feel like it. Jaffe gets plenty of abuse as well so I think it all evens out. I think a lot of people respond positively to his honest personality, and it takes some thick skin to be out there like he is. There are always people who are going to want to tear you down for whatever reasons.

Yama

crunker99 said:
STUMBLED onto these PS1 games for play on PS3 on the HK PSN STORE!

unforunatlye, the adding funds with a foreign credit card thing doesnt work anymore so if somsone can figure it out let me kno

here are the games
. The titles include:

Arc The Lad, Bio Hazard Director's Cut, R-Types, Marl Kingdom, Spectral Force, A. IV. Evolution, Tekken 2, Over My Remain, and Go For It! Morikawa!

All games cost 33HKD, and are available now. This games will likely be some of the same as the first USA PS1/2 on PS3 titles. If you grab one of these games, please let us know how it goes.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/5572/download--play-ps1-2-games-on-your-ps3-from-hk/
Don't forget Dino Crisis. :)

Here is my original review for Bio Hazard Director's Cut (PSP) from December:

http://biohaze.com/psp.html

And updated impressions after the PS3 and 3.40 update, which I put up a few days ago:

http://biohaze.com/ps3.html

Bebpo

Banned
Some pics I took of Marl Kingdom playing on PS3:

marl005.jpg

marl010.jpg

marl006.jpg

Runs at 480p. Looks and nice wonderful. My only complaint is you can't change the controller configuration (like changing d-pad movement to analogue) and you can't change screen size (for the purists who'd like to play in a little 1/2 size box in the middle at 320x240).

Very awesome being able to download and play PS1 classics for $4-6. Take that overpriced VC!

Now if they'd only allow US and Euro people to buy games off the JPN/HK store, I'd be all over a ton of niche/rare titles :(

Bebpo

Banned
Yama said:
And updated impressions after the PS3 and 3.40 update, which I put up a few days ago:

http://biohaze.com/ps3.html

The ability to continue at home where you left off on the go and vise versa is hands down the updates best feature. For those who have purchased the game already, upon booting up the new file on PlayStation Portable, a save conversion process appears. This allows the data to be read by both the PSP and PS3, respectively. Those playing for the first time are able to skip this process.

That is AWESOME. This is what Sony should have been advertising from day 1. This is really great stuff.

Zoe

Bebpo said:
Now if they'd only allow US and Euro people to buy games off the JPN/HK store, I'd be all over a ton of niche/rare titles :(

How'd you buy that game then??

Bebpo

Banned
Zoe said:
How'd you buy that game then??

There used to be a wonderful loophole at the HK store, then they closed it :(

In fact, I was sorta scared they'd fix the loophole so I put about $20 extra credit in my wallet. So now I can buy about 4 future games, but I'll have to really feel they're worth it since they might be the only 4 I can ever get :(

klee123

Bebpo said:
There used to be a wonderful loophole at the HK store, then they closed it :(

In fact, I was sorta scared they'd fix the loophole so I put about $20 extra credit in my wallet. So now I can buy about 4 future games, but I'll have to really feel they're worth it since they might be the only 4 I can ever get :(

Well, there is the inevitable PSN cards. Just the matter of "when?" I guess

CapoAheaz

dammit, i was so ready to buy this game
yeah those sound like some major bugs, but what the hell took so long to figure them out? Sounds like some BS.
Kutaragi probably gave Jaffe a spanking on the way out for the leak. NO FATHER, not again!

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
CapoAheaz said:
yeah those sound like some major bugs, but what the hell took so long to figure them out? Sounds like some BS.
Kutaragi probably gave Jaffe a spanking on the way out for the leak. NO FATHER, not again!
Cojelo con take it easy junior.
/scarface

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Wollan said:
Way too much drama because of a simple series of delays.
I dunno, homii, I think there's something fundamentally wrong with the approach Sony and MS have taken with the early days of their new download services. Too much emphasis on doing things just so and not enough emphasis on getting content out. CAC's delays are just part of the wider problem.

The Jer

So.....

Did anyone here play Gauntlet II back in the day?

I honestly don't know much about it except that it was an arcade game.... or it was a game for an Atari system.....or... well, I don't know much anything about it; I never played it, not once.

Is anyone here getting this game for nostalgia purposes?

Zoe

The Jer said:
So.....

I honestly don't know much about it except that it was an arcade game.... or it was a game for an Atari system.....or... well, I don't know much anything about it; I never played it, not once.

I think I played it on the NES... Probably one of the first games I was actually able to play with my brother rather than just being a spectator (I freaked when he bailed for an hour and told me to keep his party alive in FF1 :lol ). This will be a day one purchase for me.

Agent X

The Jer said:
So.....

It was originally an arcade game by Atari Games, released in 1986. Click here to see the KLOV entry for it.

Gauntlet and Gauntlet II in the arcades were both excellent multiplayer games. They pioneered the action RPG type of gameplay that you've probably seen in more recent years in games like Diablo, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and Champions of Norrath.

I might have to get Gauntlet II, for a few reasons. One reason is simply that I don't have any of the recent compilations that have Gauntlet II. The only version of the game I have is the Amiga version (a great conversion), and my Amiga and disks are packed away and not easily accessible.

Also, the fact that this will have online multiplayer will be a great benefit. The Gauntlet games can become tedious as single-player games, but as I said above they are great in a multiplayer setting. I just hope they implement voice chat in this game. Mortal Kombat II didn't have voice chat, but that was a strictly competitive game; Gauntlet II would benefit a lot more from the inclusion of voice communication because of the cooperative aspects of the game.

Aeon712

Bebpo said:
Some pics I took of Marl Kingdom playing on PS3:

Runs at 480p. Looks and nice wonderful. My only complaint is you can't change the controller configuration (like changing d-pad movement to analogue) and you can't change screen size (for the purists who'd like to play in a little 1/2 size box in the middle at 320x240).

Very awesome being able to download and play PS1 classics for $4-6. Take that overpriced VC!

I want it :(

Link Man

Banned
CapoAheaz said:

I have to agree. This sounds like something that could have been discovered/fixed during play-testing or debugging.

brandonh: see what I mean? This is why I don't get too excited until I see the official press release

Gauntlet II rocked. So many quarters, gone down the wayside. For just 20 quarters, I can now play with my heart's content.

WasabiKing said:
brandonh: see what I mean? This is why I don't get too excited until I see the official press release

Yes and I agree. I guess I was just high-strung that Jaffe said it would be May 3rd but yeah, things come up.

Ploid 3.0

rc213 said:
Holy hell @ RE1 playable on PS3 if you can't find the original disks, Gimme RE1/RE2 for purchase on U.S Store and I shall purchase them.

Fixed*

Some people wonder why we get excited about downloading ps1 games, and some are shocked ps3 users want/can download ps1 games. Wonder how many people forget it can play PS1 games if you can find the disks.

Rody

Does anyone know what website Jaffe is talking about in his blog?

David Jaffe said:
TO THE LAME ASS WEBSITE THAT SHALL GO UNNAMED- **** you, guys. Go **** yourselves. What other developer makes a ****ing change to a game when a review (IGN's in this case) has a good, valid point and is willing to open the ****ing code up at the risk of more bugs to make the game better? Amazing.But hey, you guys are great, you guys rock. I hope Kotaku ****ing puts your ass out of business, wanna be ****tards. And if you were actual journalists you would have read the mother****ing quote I posted on NEOGAF where I said because of the two bugs we needed to fix (not because I was afraid of the bargin bin) we had a window of opp. to fix the magnet problem. Assholes...total ****ing assholes.

Piscopink

Rody said:
Does anyone know what website Jaffe is talking about in his blog?

David Jaffe said:
TO THE LAME ASS WEBSITE THAT SHALL GO UNNAMED- **** you, guys. Go **** yourselves. What other developer makes a ****ing change to a game when a review (IGN's in this case) has a good, valid point and is willing to open the ****ing code up at the risk of more bugs to make the game better? Amazing.But hey, you guys are great, you guys rock. I hope Kotaku ****ing puts your ass out of business, wanna be ****tards. And if you were actual journalists you would have read the mother****ing quote I posted on NEOGAF where I said because of the two bugs we needed to fix (not because I was afraid of the bargin bin) we had a window of opp. to fix the magnet problem. Assholes...total ****ing assholes.

Kotaku +1

Top Bottom