• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

Reave

I just downloaded WipEout, and while it brought back great memories, it's inferiority to it's sequels (and the amazing WipEout Pure) is very blatant. It's nice to have games like these, but after my experience with WipEout, I'm a little weary about buying more old PSone games. They haven't aged well at all.

Mrbob

The Home invitations went out? Maybe I'll actually get in when I go home to check. I doubt it though. I never get into any of the Sony betas, even though I've been a GAP member for years.

WasabiKing said:
I'm absolutely shocked that everything is up right now

Same here. This is a good thing though. Perhaps Sony is getting better at getting stuff out.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Clipjoint said:
[IMG.]http://thedogsofwarclan.com/DSC01537.JPG[/IMG]

Oh snap.. but damn does it need to be that large of an image :lol

Clipjoint

Suikoguy said:
Oh snap.. but damn does it need to be that large of an image :lol

Resized. It says "release date 3-May-2007" so I'm guessing it's legit.

Can't wait to get home to see if I got in.

Ragnarok10

dsc01537.JPG

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hmmm, where would that be? It's not anywhere in my store... :(

And I can confirm that background downloads still work while playing PS1 downloadables! :)

Ploid 3.0

Dude I better be able to download that when I get home. Don't scare me like this (didn't get accepted to the beta).

Clipjoint

Ploid 3.0 said:
Dude I better be able to download that when I get home. Don't scare me like this (didn't get accepted to the beta).

This is only showing up for a few of the people who received the Beta email. Most people won't see this yet.

SOLDIER

I can't decide what to purchase this week. I was hoping some of you can help me out.

1. What's the word on Gauntlet II? I've only played a small amount of the series. Is online lag-free? Do you basically just log in and kill everything that moves? Is it possible to finish the game, or is it endless?

2. Do the PS1 games have any sort of graphical upgrades to them? And they can be transfered back and forth from the PS3 to PSP, right?

3. Which of the PS1 games do you recommend? I kind of have my eye on Jumping Flash.

Ceb

MiamiWesker said:
I always wanted to play Medievil, is it any good, does it hold up?

I'd say yes. The platforming controls are a bit wonky, but it's one of the better-looking PSOne games and is pretty fun. :)

I know that this Home beta is for those that signed up, I guess I totally missed it. Is there going to be another level to this whole beta test, like another chance to get in?

sk3tch

SOLDIER said:
2. Do the PS1 games have any sort of graphical upgrades to them? And they can be transfered back and forth from the PS3 to PSP, right?

3. Which of the PS1 games do you recommend? I kind of have my eye on Jumping Flash.

No graphical updates that I can tell.

I'm guessing the few people here that think they look better just haven't played a PS1 game in their PS3 yet. I've played 5-6 PS1 games in the past few weeks (anticipating the download service - I've been trying to grab some decent PS1 games on the cheap) and they just have not aged well - at all. There's something to be said for sprite-based stuff. As In the Hunt (old Irem sub shmup) still looks great...but all the PS1 polygon crap looks terrible.

I bought Jumping Flash! and I regret it. But hey, it's only $6-...so give it a shot.

el Diablo

Banned
Bleh didn't make the beta, well at least i didn't see it listed anywhere.

Damn you Sony, wish you'd never sent me the beta invite :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Crash Bandicoot games should look decent even on big screen due to their technology (minimal texture warping), camera view, and art style. I know MGS1 does also look good. R-Type Delta as well.

But yeah, 99% of polygonal PS1 games will look pretty crappy.

LJ11

Reznor said:
I just downloaded WipEout, and while it brought back great memories, it's inferiority to it's sequels (and the amazing WipEout Pure) is very blatant. It's nice to have games like these, but after my experience with WipEout, I'm a little weary about buying more old PSone games. They haven't aged well at all.

Yeah, it doesn't stack up to recent offerings in the series. The graphics are obviously dated, the game was launched a few months after the PS1, did so it's to be expected. If you never ever played Wipeout than it might be worth a look, but if you want a real introduction to the series wait for a port of XL or purchase Pure on the PSP.

Edit: The game is still fun in my opinion, but I've been spoiled by Pure.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Marconelly said:
Crash Bandicoot games should look decent even on big screen due to their technology (minimal texture warping), camera view, and art style.

It does actually, I was kind of surprised. Fun too.

Only problem was once I quit the game, I was getting flickering bands of white noise, after my PS3 readjusted its resolution. Had to reset the machine to get rid of them..

Ranger X

So.

What if some of my friend is invited in Home and that he shared me games before (aka i know his login/password for PSN) i could go in "download list" under his account and download Home for myself right?

hmmm...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jim said:
Trailers hitting GameTrailers now also:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4770

SSDHD looks awweeesome. No tunnel though :(
Just saw it a second ago. Same exact reaction as you.

What's there looks seriously amazing, MUCH better than I though it would based on those small pictures on 1up. Music is great too. But, no tunnels :(

Who knows, maybe the final game will have them, maybe they are keeping that a secret or it's not finished yet. They must know those tunnels were THE thing people loved about their old game.

What keeps me hopeful is that the level structure seems the same otherwise, there's 5 levels, and there's boss character (you can see that flying saucer in the trailer)

Ranger X said:
So.

What if some of my friend is invited in Home and that he shared me games before (aka i know his login/password for PSN) i could go in "download list" under his account and download Home for myself right?

hmmm...

I dont know anything but I am pretty sure that will get him kicked out. But if it works let me know ;)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ranger X said:
So.

hmmm...

Not necessarily. Not all content is shareable, and I would very much doubt that this is.

Jim

http://threespeech.com/

ThreeSpeech said:
WATCH THIS SPACE
Lots to tell! We’ve just got out after two days of presentations from the PlayStation team on what’s instore on the PS Network, among other things! So, keep an eye out on Three Speech over the next week or so for interviews with David Jaffe (God of War/Calling all Cars etc), more info about LittleBigPlanet and Warhawk (which is looking great by the way), new downloadable titles and plenty more exciting announcements.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Watch the Super StarDust HD trailer in slow motion off the PS3 if you can. You can see alot more going on, especially that awesome explosion at the end.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hey guys...make SURE to create a PS1 internal memory card before starting up a PS downloadable...I forgot to do that and lost a few minutes on Crash. Ah well.

JB1981

chubigans said:
Hey guys...make SURE to create a PS1 internal memory card before starting up a PS downloadable...I forgot to do that and lost a few minutes on Crash. Ah well.
argh

I3rand0

chubigans said:
:lol I did the same exact thing in Jumping Flash

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
chubigans said:

Doesn't it prompt you to do that when you launch the game? :p

Crash is fun fun..downloading wipeout now.

Goldrusher

Ranger X said:
So.

hmmm...

That could work, unless Sony has the betatesters registered by account and PS3 serial.
But once you downloaded the demo, it's an online thing...which can only be played with betatester accounts.

So if you don't have it listed in your Playstation store than you didn't get into the Beta. Seems like an odd way to release the beta.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hehe, hadn't noticed before, but you can access the original manual for your PSone game when you hit the home button. Looks like they scanned it in, you can navigate through it. Kind of neat.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i guess i didn't get in either

gofreak said:
Hehe, hadn't noticed before, but you can access the original manual for your PSone game when you hit the home button. Looks like they scanned it in, you can navigate through it. Kind of neat.

that's pretty sweet

Kittonwy

Banned
gofreak said:

Awesome. ~_~

Bebpo

Banned
chubigans said:

As said by the guys above, when I loaded a PS1 game for the first time, the system said I didn't have a PS1 memory card made and asked me to make one first.

^^;

antiloop

gofreak said:

They need to explain these things better. You shouldn't only be able to find features by accident (even if that can be fun too). :p

Top Bottom