• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They really need to get netflix on this, I also am in the club! It makes me even more sad that vita doesn't have any AAA exclusives coming going forward :(

Jobbs

Banned
got one of these!

the main thing I want to do with it is play muramasa rebirth on my tv. in fact, that's really the only thing I want to do with it...

kess

Kind of liking it more now that I messed around with it for a bit. The software seems kind of buggy though-- a download of Jet Set Radio is hanging at a black screen (presumably waiting for an PSN connection which was spotty at best today), and a PSP game that worked fine last night is displaying a "serious system error" and forcing a system restart every time it is chosen. Not having 1080p isn't that big of a deal, especially since I'm using it to play older games at the moment. And Youtube works quite nicely on the thing. Even if there isn't a dedicated app for it, it helps take away some of the sting of missing Netflix.

It's not a replacement, though, and the game selection is spotty at best, which may or may not be Sony's fault. I find it strange the store has the PSP version of Castlevania: SOTN, but not Rondo of Blood. I mean, what the hey, both of them were sold on a single UMD not that long ago. Without major streaming services, this device lives or dies by its software selection.

OmegaDL50

got one of these!

the main thing I want to do with it is play muramasa rebirth on my tv. in fact, that's really the only thing I want to do with it...

Yes, that and Soul Sacrifice Delta are on my next "to buy list"

Dissidia 012, Disgaea 4, Persona 4 Golden, Muramasa: Rebirth, and Soul Sacrifice Delta seems to be a solid starter line up for this mini console.

Kolma

My Christmas gifted white Vita TV fell through.

Long Story short, it was sent to an apartment I hadn't lived in for 2 years in a different state.
USPS refused to reroute it for me, had to send it back amazon and order a different one.
Expecting it by next Friday D:

Went ahead and ordered an HDMI splitter so that I can stream/record with it

Ekir

After returning an EU model I'm waiting for the Asian one, I hope the X/O dont give me many adaptation problems ._.u

I want one of these so bad despite never owning a PS3 or 4. Love my Vita, but feel like I wouldn't mind playing some of my Vita library on my TV. Think I'll be buying a 64GB card before the PSTV though (Can't believe 32GB STILL wasn't enough!)

Vashetti

Banned
I want one of these so bad despite never owning a PS3 or 4. Love my Vita, but feel like I wouldn't mind playing some of my Vita library on my TV. Think I'll be buying a 64GB card before the PSTV though (Can't believe 32GB STILL wasn't enough!)

Once you get 64GB, you'll find that's not enough either :)

Once you get 64GB, you'll find that's not enough either :)
Right now I have a 32GB and 8GB card I juggle around. I've got two 3GB+ games on the 8GB card and everything else on the 32GB card. I still have two others 3GB plus games, plus an assortment of Plus stuff and PSP stuff I can't fit :(

Ekir

After returning an EU model I'm waiting for the Asian one, I hope the X/O dont give me many adaptation problems ._.u
What is the difference? Better game support?

Nah, the game library is the same in all vitas, its totally an account matter.

I bought it at play asia, because the price (in europe they are awfully expensive). The only difference as far as I know is that they have X&O buttons swapped.

KZObsessed

Got a PS TV for my brother for Christmas and found that a lot of games I wanted him to play aren't supported on the UK version.

Specifically some PSP games which I thought was strange like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre. They're supported on the US version which makes it even more frustrating.

Any chance these could be supported in the future? If I bought the US versions would they work?

Vashetti

Banned
Got a PS TV for my brother for Christmas and found that a lot of games I wanted him to play aren't supported on the UK version.

Specifically some PSP games which I thought was strange like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre. They're supported on the US version which makes it even more frustrating.

Any chance these could be supported in the future? If I bought the US versions would they work?

No account-switching. You'd have to reformat the memory card.

5amshift

Banned
Got a PlayStation TV from the moms and debated if I should open my limited edition Danganronpa 2, but I think I'm going to play through Persona 4 Golden first.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I put in Killzone Mercenary and I found it really difficult to play. The framerate seems...really low.

Before i buy a Vita TV today, i need to know, can i use it with headphones? Like, if i use a dual shock 4, will it output headphone audio like it does with Ps4?

SerTapTap

Before i buy a Vita TV today, i need to know, can i use it with headphones? Like, if i use a dual shock 4, will it output headphone audio like it does with Ps4?
Doesn't send the audio stream to the DS4. Will need bluetooth headphones or headphones plugged into whatever is receiving the HDMI audio.

Worth it for primarily streaming ps4 in another room via wifi?

I hear lots of horror stories.

How recently? At launch remoteplay was fucked but it was fixed in like two weeks. Remoteplay is great for me but I use wired.

Has Sony updated the game compatibility at all yet? As soon as Lumines: Electronic Symphony is supported I will buy one.

Games are "approved" game by game. There have been many additions, no idea about lumines though. The older and more touch/etc input a game uses the less likely it is to be supported in the future if it isn't already. Seems to depend on the publisher as well, and some publishers (Idea factory international) basically said "fuck it we don't even care about already released games"

Sh0k

Is Hot Shots Golf Invitational compatible with the PSTV, I don't remember a lot of touchpad/touchscreen use in this game?

Doesn't send the audio stream to the DS4. Will need bluetooth headphones or headphones plugged into whatever is receiving the HDMI audio.

How recently? At launch remoteplay was fucked but it was fixed in like two weeks. Remoteplay is great for me but I use wired.

Games are "approved" game by game. There have been many additions, no idea about lumines though. The older and more touch/etc input a game uses the less likely it is to be supported in the future if it isn't already. Seems to depend on the publisher as well, and some publishers (Idea factory international) basically said "fuck it we don't even care about already released games"

I dont have access to wired in the room the other TV is in.

When was this update?

Montresor

This thing is $40 at EB Games / Gamestop in Toronto today. Boxing Day price only (Dec 26).

edit: My mistake - it's $60 at EB / Gamestop today in Toronto.

SerTapTap

I dont have access to wired in the room the other TV is in.

When was this update?

Literally a couple weeks after it launched and the thing's name was probably tarnished forever. Really stupid move but at least it was fixed. There's always powerline adapters if normal wired connections aren't an option. WiFi probably works but it's going to depend a lot on your signal strength, router and such.

Here's my deal breaker on this device-

Is there any means by which I could use it to watch my YouTube subscriptions and giant bomb videos?

Even if its just downloaded giant bomb videos that are streamed over network?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Here's my deal breaker on this device-

Is there any means by which I could use it to watch my YouTube subscriptions and giant bomb videos?

Even if its just downloaded giant bomb videos that are streamed over network?

It has a web browser which might work, and it has a DLNA video app that you could use if you have downloaded videos on a PC elsewhere in the house.

SerTapTap

Wow. All games? Or is there some stipulation?

All games that support remoteplay which is...basically everything except Playroom. You just treat Remote Play as your controller and connect their controllers as guest accounts. I think up to 4 player on the PS TV is supported now too?

SerTapTap

Why doesnt Sony update its supported list.

Only found out today that minecraft vita is compatible.

You'd think they could just have an automatic list since there's clearly an internal list that "refresh live area" checks. But no, they really didn't think this through. Wikipedia is the closest thing I've found to an updated list and it doesn't seem to list support per region

OmegaDL50

so when an announcement is made how do we know if it works with PS TV or not?

From what I understand more recent games not even on the outdated Whitelist on the Official Playstation website are basically a trial and error thing.

People will buy the game and put in on their PS TV and if works, great. If not, hope you have a Vita to play it or good luck waiting for a possible compatibility update or getting a refund from Sony.

Strange enough when I could visit the Web Store, there was a section devoted to PS TV compatible games, I don't know if the webstore has every possible compatible game listed however.

Takao

Banned
The Japanese PlayStation site has individual game pages where it'll say if something is Vita TV compatible. I don't believe Digimon Story's page has gone up yet, and it's too early for Saga's.

ascii42

I put in Killzone Mercenary and I found it really difficult to play. The framerate seems...really low.
Been a while since I've played it, but I thought I remembered the framerate being pretty solid, and that it uses a dynamic resolution to help with that.

Is there a way to get the PlayStation TV to turn on when you press the PS button on the DualShock 4? For me it just lights up, goes white for a bit, and then turns off(the controller that is, not the PSTV)

Ekir

Why doesnt Sony update its supported list.

Only found out today that minecraft vita is compatible.

They do, with a lot of delays and awfully done though.

For example, the official EU list is still in an old entry from the blog, back when they announced the hardware
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ease-date-price-full-list-compatible-games-2/
just look the bottom additions after Zuma game and some others mixed with the rest of the content, they dont even respect the alphabetical order or the original capital letters from the list, even the more amateur pages have more respect with their updates and lists.

Top Bottom