• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

Planet

There is no difference at all between downloaded and disc based games, except the disc needs to be in drive, of course. Same loading times, as they all load everything from HDD, same functions.

The only thing is when you are remote playing on tour and want to change games, you might have to call the spouse to swap discs. ;)

BTW: didn't notice any more or less lag with DS4 compared to DS3.

The End

Just grabbed one for $36 off of groupon.

It's slightly hilarious that the 16Gb memory card I got cost almost as much as the system, but it finally crossed the P4G+PSTV < $60 threshold and I can't hold off any more.

I've got all (most?) of the free PS+ vita games from years past, plus a bunch of PS1/PSP games. I'm kicking myself for not picking up freedom wars when it was $5, but I'll definitely grab it at $15 when I finish P4G.

I got a copy of UMvC3 for $4 at a garage sale last week, which I feel slightly bad about, but not too bad.

What else (that works with the PSTV and isn't a PS1/PSP game) should I keep an eye out for?

Cool thanks! I'm gonna try it out. I just don't know if I should use a Dual Shock 3 or 4 because of the input lag.

If you're primarily using this for remote play, you'll want to use a DS4. There are a growing number of games that use the touchpad button for menus. Ex. Far cry 4, arkham knight you can play fine on DS3, but you'll have to go without using the map, upgrading, etc

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Are you looking for all of the games that were previously offered on PS+, or just the current games?
I see the list of all instant games and the compatible games list on Wikipedia, just wondering if anyone went through them and compiled what works on playstation tv.

Edit. I went through the lists zzz

List of Instant Game Collection games (North America) compatible with PlayStation TV

Jet Set Radio
Retro City Rampage
Chronovolt
Foosball 2012
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Plants vs. Zombies
Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov's Revenge
Knytt Underground
Germinator
The Pinball Arcade
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball
Machinarium
Rayman Origins
Hotline Miami
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
Thomas Was Alone
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD
Velocity Ultra
Limbo
PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Doki-Doki Universe
Muramasa Rebirth
Dragon's Crown
Fez
Proteus
TxK
Velocity 2X
Pix the Cat
Rainbow Moon
Spelunky
Luftrausers
SteamWorld Dig
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
The Hungry Horde
Final Horizon
Titan Attacks
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
The Swapper
Woah Dave!
Rogue Legacy
CounterSpy
OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
Killzone: Mercenary
MonsterBag
Hohokum
The Unfinished Swan
Race the Sun
Super Exploding Zoo
Futuridium EP Deluxe
MouseCraft
Entwined

Just bought a playstation tv for dirt cheap. Directly translated I guess it would be about 40 dollars ? Original price would be around 150, so it was really cheap :p (the recent reduction to about half the price, is about twice the amount that I got it for). Was going to get it when it came, but Really felt like it stumbled, with the half hearted support (why not make vita compatible joypad to play all vita games - or allow full remapping s you can use dualshock 4)...
At this price though, it seems they are going really fast. I talked to a guy who said they'd unexpectedly sold out, so I had to come back after they got another shipment.

This was all fine and good, until i figured I needed a memory card. Nobody sells them anymore. Not even the (more than expected) places that sell playstation tv, heck, NOT EVEN GAMESTOP ! what is up with that !
After visiting about 8 stores, I finally gave up and went online. However, the 16, 32 and 64 gb cards were all sold out - from all online stores, so I ended up getting an 8 gb card for now.. Gonna get a bigger card later. I have a HUGE ps+ backlog of games that I assume I can get on my new machine :p It's very small ! It's smaller than you expect, even after all the pictures.

Anything interesting I should know ? :p (nothing depressing please !)

Pachimari

I'm really confused now.

I have my PlayStation TV and PlayStation 4 connected to the same WiFi, but they can't find each other, and I don't know how to connect them manually, as I have already tried the "add device" option.

=(

Planet

Many WiFi routers have an option that connected devices can't see each other. Maybe that is activated by default on yours? Check those settings. :)

R-User!

I never saw anyone talk about how the PSTV can "recieve" and play videos streamed from a PSVITA.

In case anyone doesn't know about this you:

Turn on your PSTV.
Turn on your VITA.

1. Play a video on your VITA.
2. Tap the VITAs' screen to bring up the controls.
3. Click an Icon on the top right side of your VITAs' screen to "send it" (stream it) to your PSTV. (Wait a moment for buffering)
4. Tap your VITA screen to dismiss the controls and then watch the controls fade from your Television.
5. Voila! Watch your video content streamed from VITA to your PSTV!

Pretty cool!

Though it's wierd that I can't stream music from my VITA to my PSTV; go figure...(licensing?)

DrRussian

I just got mine today and my main plan for it is remote play but I think I'm gonna use it for vita games once I get a memory card.

Pachimari

Sucks that I can't get Remote Play to work at the place I'm currently at. Says the password for the WiFi is incorrect, which it isn't. Weird.

khaaan

If I get a PSTV, can I just stick my Vita memory card in there and be going within minutes without setup hassle? I've found a used one at a good price and am about to pull the trigger. Also, how would my PS3/PS4 and PSTV distinguish between each other when I turn it on? Would both devices turn on?

NewDust

If I get a PSTV, can I just stick my Vita memory card in there and be going within minutes without setup hassle? I've found a used one at a good price and am about to pull the trigger. Also, how would my PS3/PS4 and PSTV distinguish between each other when I turn it on? Would both devices turn on?

I do the memory card swap between Vita and TV, zero hassle. There is some minor setup though (account id and tv stuff) but that should take less than 5 minutes. For your second part, I think you mean turn on by controller? If so, your controller is always synced to your last connected device.

Very little hassle. Though I'd suggest separate contollers for each device, as it will turn on the last device you used. Anytime you change a ds3/4 to a different dwvice you have to plug it in and sync it

Every time this thread is bumped I check to see if Uncharted or Gravity Rush are now PSTV compatible and leave disappointed. I guess I should give up on the dream.

Vashetti

Banned
Every time this thread is bumped I check to see if Uncharted or Gravity Rush are now PSTV compatible and leave disappointed. I guess I should give up on the dream.

Uncharted in particular would require an extensive patch to make it 100% compatible.

I think they should patch it as a gesture of goodwill after leaving it out of the trilogy remaster, but they won't.

NIS America just announced Disgaea 3 now playable in both North America and Europe

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/619922910401155072

That's nice of them. Did it receive a patch or was the blacklist just updated? I think if fans pulled together more and contacted devs, several games could be taken off the blacklist, because there are a few that definitely should work.

That's nice of them. Did it receive a patch or was the blacklist just updated? I think if fans pulled together more and contacted devs, several games could be taken off the blacklist, because there are a few that definitely should work.

Not sure have yet to test it myself

khaaan

Very little hassle. Though I'd suggest separate contollers for each device, as it will turn on the last device you used. Anytime you change a ds3/4 to a different dwvice you have to plug it in and sync it

Thanks for the info, grabbed one over the weekend.
Setup took something like 10 minutes, would have been quicker if it weren't for updates. In hindsight I'm wondering if I should have kept it at its 3.2 firmware in the hopes that hacking/emulation works out but I'll live. My only disappointment was finding out that everytime I switch the memory card between devices I have to rebuild the database. It's not extremely long but long enough for it to matter, I have a 64 gig card so at its worse the build was taking something like a minute to do. I'll probably cave and buy a
4 gig for the PSTV. My only other complaint was that Sonic's Sega Genesis Ultimate Collection wasn't compatible, that one was kind of a heart breaker.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with it, I was really surprised and impressed by how good Vita games look on the big screen. Killzone looked great but what really grabbed me were the Atelier games, honestly if I didn't know I was playing on the PSTV I would have just assumed it was a PS3 game.

animax

My only disappointment was finding out that everytime I switch the memory card between devices I have to rebuild the database.

That's not normal. It's forcing you to rebuild every time? It is known that the icons can move but you can get around that by having the same layout on both devices.

But yeah, you definitely shouldn't have to rebuild every time you switch device

That's not normal. It's forcing you to rebuild every time? It is known that the icons can move but you can get around that by having the same layout on both devices.

But yeah, you definitely shouldn't have to rebuild every time you switch device

It does that for me as well, using a 64gb card. It takes like 20 seconds so it's not really an issue for me.

Vashetti

Banned
Disgaea 3 PS TV patch is out (Thanks, /r/VitaTV)

19575521668_c52c9942c6_b.jpg

kaydigi

I plan on getting a Ps4 and Psp TV either today or Monday. How is lag when playing NBA 2k15 from the Ps4 over wired lan?

On Pc via steam, NBA 2K15 is unplayable on every steam client I tried no matter how I downgrade graphics on the host pc. The host pc can run the game no issue but the clients go slow decode crazy on the game.

GeoramA

Love my new PSTV. Jumped on the bundle from GoHastings and I'm so glad I did. PSTV, 8GB stick, DS3 controller, and Lego Movie for $50 was an awesome deal.

Now my backlog just got even bigger, lol. I sold my Vita early 2014, so I missed out on a lot of PS+ freebies like KZ Mercenary, Muramasa, Dragon's Crown, Sonic Racing Transformed, etc. Got all of those downloading as I type this.

Lime

Is there any future plans to make more PSP games compatible with the TV? Final Fantasy Tactics doesn't work for me (EU) yet, despite it working for US PSN. I just got it and its frustrating to be locked out for some arbitrary reason.

Vashetti

Banned
Is there any future plans to make more PSP games compatible with the TV? Final Fantasy Tactics doesn't work for me (EU) yet, despite it working for US PSN. I just got it and its frustrating to be locked out for some arbitrary reason.

All the Final Fantasy PSP games don't work in the EU, except for the Dissidia games.

So that's:

FFI
FFII
FFIII
FFIV
FF Tactics

that don't work, for no reason. Not sure who we can contact about it.

Lime

Square Enix haven't commented on it? It just seems like some arbitrary lock for no reason other than perhaps licensing to other platforms.

Vashetti

Banned
Square Enix haven't commented on it? It just seems like some arbitrary lock for no reason other than perhaps licensing to other platforms.

As far as I know, nothing's been said about it. PS TV isn't exactly the most popular device and the userbase is small so often goes unnoticed.

Would it be worth it to do the memory card swap thing to get Soul Sacrifice Delta DLC to use with my physical cart on my US profile? I have the network pass redeemed on my HK account. Really fucking annoying that you can't have multiple accounts on the PSTV.

Top Bottom