• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita FW 1.8. What changed?

EekTheKat

The button remap to touchpad thing is pretty nice, I just remapped crouch on peace walker to the bottom right corner of the touchscreen and now I have a crouch button accessible without having to take my finger off of the left stick.

I like the little arrow to browse back up. Sorely needed. Especially since I spend most (if not all) my time on GAF Mobile.

2012-08-28-001054f4y2s.jpg

Omg. I love that up arrow to top of page!!

KillerAJD

While I like the ability to import playlists from iTunes and my PS3, it's pretty infuriating that you can't create them on the Vita itself. I'm ok for now with just using the shuffle play option, but come on!

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
The new smaller friend pop ups are great! Button controls work great (as they should!) and the ability to send picture messages will come in handy.

Also the Near app seems to have gotten a good solid update too.

Good update all in all. Shame about SCEA pissing the bed on PS1 compatibility.

Being able to map the L and R buttons to the right stick for psp titles is a godsend. There's no reason not to pick up Daxter and Vice City Stories now.

patsu

When an Application crashes, you get a prompt to report and send the data to Sony right away.

Came to post this. Yeah, hopefully they can fix that Flickr crash quickly. Smells like a server bug to me (although the client shouldn't crash).

<3 !

Near and the GPS actually give me an accurate location now on my wifi model

Yeah, they mentioned it in Gamescom.

androvsky

I noticed the PS1 games on the Vita handle saves the same way PS2 Classics on PSN do; they automatically make a pair of memory cards for each title. It's a good way of handling saves, better than the PS3 where you couldn't make virtual cards after starting a game, but somehow it just adds to the feeling we're getting trolled with regards to PS2 BC on the PS3.

Eusis

Oh ok, I thought it was for psp.
Actually so far it seems to be only for the PSP. I'll poke more into PS1 games later, but it SEEMS to have the back touch fully preset without any option to modify. I'll have to test if it trades button inputs or whatever with a game that uses L1/R1.

Rear scrolling is pretty amazing. All it needs is button and HTML5/flash support and this could quite possibly be a superior mobile browsing experience to my phone and tablet.

KalBalboa

Banned
I just booted up Ghostbusters PSP and assigned the bottom left to be the trap-throw button.

Good times.

Any word on push-notifications for what Wario was talking about? I tried friending him on PSN but he wont accept requests.

whitehawk

Banned
The livearea thing looks different?

fL8VG.jpg
Okay this is seriously awesome. I can comment and 'like' any of my friends achievements. I could ask how they got the achievement, or challenge them etc. So good.

edit: PSP Mini games used to always have the yellow update button present, even if there wasn't an update. This is no longer the case.

KalBalboa

Banned
Okay this is seriously awesome. I can comment and 'like' any of my friends achievements. I could ask how they got the achievement, or challenge them etc. So good.

That's actually something you could do on day one, chief. We're hoping that there's push-notifications now so people actually know that they got commented.

Sintoid

You already could do that but your comment was not reported to the friend you "Liked"

Let's see if now they added this report

Edit - They did it! Finally Near is the Social Network for Vita Users
Let's try to see if the same works for the comments on the live areas of the single games!

Top Bottom