• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apath

Ultimate MvC3 is $39.99... So I guess no discount for third party? Unless you count no tax.

Also. is anyone purchasing Super Stardust?
I was all set on purchasing it until I read that was the free game from AT&T.
I'm buying Super Stardust Delta when I get my system from Amazon, but I'm not getting the 3G Launch Bundle.

Ken

Nope neither :)
OoooOo, now that's interesting. I might play much more offline.

Then UMvC3 probably isn't worth it. I haven't played much CSII on my 360 so I can't comment on the offline content of BB. On the other hand, the offline content for UMvC3 is pretty weak. You get an arcade mode with no story and a different mode where you can change the game up via special cards you collect. Regardless, both have you just fighting against the AI and it'd probably get boring fast.

matmanx1

Nope neither :)

OoooOo, now that's interesting. I might play much more offline.

I prefer BlazBlue and indeed am picking it up tonight with my Vita. It's got a ton more single player content than UMvC and I really dig the soundtrack. UMvC is a great game but feels like less of a deal for $40. Either way you really can't go wrong and would be getting a quality experience.

Eusis

That's what I was suspecting. The original BlazBlue has a full blown story mode and I read this has one too (and includes prior story modes?), whereas UMvC3 is pretty barebones for single player stuff. If this BlazBlue includes prior story modes then this version's even more valuable.

It almost helps there's that PSN discount, but givent he size of the game I think $5 to NOT hog up a ton of stick space is worth it, even on a 32 GB. At least Uncharted is a "play through and dispose" kind of game.

Gamespawn

Is the only way to add funds or a debit card to a PSN account via the PS3 or a Vita? I can't find any options for it on the PSN site. I'm new to PSN so I have no idea where anything is.

If you download MediaGo from Sony's website, you can add funds via your PC. What I'm doing is buying but not downloading so that when my Vita arrives, I can download directly to it.

Or, you could just use it to add funds to your SEN and wait on buying.

AkuMifune

Banned
Anyone here getting the Vita that doesn't own a PS3?

My PS3 died a year ago, I've been 360 only since. It was this or a PS3, and I spend more than enough time in front of the TV already. I'm looking forward to having options.

Though I'll probably pick up a PS3 again for The Last of Us.

frequency

When games are > 3GB, 32 (only 29 useable) seems so small.

On another note, does anyone know how to turn off friend sign on notifications? It's really starting to annoy me... a lot. And I think my Vita is bugged. When someone signs on, the notification thingy at the top right goes blue and shows a number. It used to be when I tapped it, the number would go away and it would turn grey again. Now the number never goes away and the icon stays blue. I've checked both my downloads and notifications and there's nothing new there. Just people signing on...

dO7SG.jpg

Really?! :/

Yuripaw

Banned
Does anyone know if Gods Eater Burst is compatible on Vita? It's not on the Vita PSN, and I'm afraid to download any game I'm not sure would work on the Vita. I have Little Big Planet and Modnation racers on my PS3, and when I plug my Vita into the PS3, it shows Little Big Planet, but not modnation racers available to transfer. I didn't even know the modnation was not a compatible game.

Sorry to quote myself, but really hoping to see if someone has this answer, cuz I wanna buy GEB. I couldn't justify it when it was $40, but it dropped down to $20 today.

So it might be best to wait and see regarding Marvel vs. Capcom till tomorrow. Maybe a price drop will occur on its official release date like it did for Uncharted?

I doubt it but I'll wait.

Guevara

Vita in the house!

Thing feels great, I'm about 5 chapters into Uncharted and it was as natural as playing on the PS3. I think my headshot rate is actually a little better because of gyro aiming. Buttons/dpad are nice and clicky, though the face buttons could be a little bigger. Thumbsticks are perfect, the whole thing feels very high class.

Tobor

It's a kids mini game collection. Why so harsh?
It's not like reviews have called it complete garbage either. Eurogamer was pretty positive in their article.

It should be a pack in or free download. At best $1.

I played it at Best Buy and it is garbage, at retail prices. As a pack in, I wouldn't care, I just feel sorry for anyone paying real money for it.

Eusis

So it might be best to wait and see regarding Marvel vs. Capcom till tomorrow. Maybe a price drop will occur on its official release date like it did for Uncharted?

I doubt it but I'll wait.
After Stardust it DOES seem the best policy is to wait until you can actually play it before buying. At least then if any surprises come along you already got to play it some anyway.

So as far as I've noticed so far:

10% = sony + ubisoft

$5 = Aksys

No discount = everyone else

Updated that.

theBishop

Banned
When games are > 3GB, 32 (only 29 useable) seems so small.

Yeah, that's why I think Vita is ultimately going to be a retail-first system. Also, this is just the launch lineup. We'll probably see lots of games over 6GB, and maybe a few over 10. With games like Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 spilling into multiple dual-layer DVDs, it wouldn't be shocking.

Sony really should've gone with a standard storage format. SDXC or MicroSD would make digital-only possible. You can get 64GB SDXC for well under $100.

Peterthumpa

I played it at Best Buy and it is garbage, at retail prices. As a pack in, I wouldn't care, I just feel sorry for anyone paying real money for it.

Opinions, opinions. It's a great pick up and play game for kiddies and girlfriends.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I'm surprised reviews aren't worse.
(not really)

Eusis

Yeah, that's why I think Vita is ultimately going to be a retail-first system. Also, this is just the launch lineup. We'll probably see lots of games over 6GB, and maybe a few over 10. With games like Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 spilling into multiple dual-layer DVDs, it wouldn't be shocking.

Sony really should've gone with a standard storage format. SDXC or MicroSD would make digital-only possible. You can get 64GB SDXC for well under $100.
I think it really depends on the game. Lumines is acceptable at 700-some MB, and games like Rayman Origins are probably fine too. It's these 3 GB games where it's a problem, Uncharted is probably best as trade-in fodder if you're inclined to do that, and BlazBlue is worth keeping around and so you might not want that much space taken up, especially if you have an 8 GB card and hell, I wouldn't want that on a 16 GB card.

ZeroAKA

Does anyone know if the PSN store works over 3G? For example, will I be able to download something like the Live Tweet app using 3G (assuming it's under 20MB, of course)?

theBishop

Banned
I think it really depends on the game. Lumines is acceptable at 700-some MB, and games like Rayman Origins are probably fine too. It's these 3 GB games where it's a problem, Uncharted is probably best as trade-in fodder if you're inclined to do that, and BlazBlue is worth keeping around and so you might not want that much space taken up, especially if you have an 8 GB card and hell, I wouldn't want that on a 16 GB card.

But I want to see more 3GB games ;). I'm hoping to play an Elder Scrolls on this thing some day.

I'm totally excited for the PSN games like Stardust and Escape Plan, but they're not the main event in my opinion. You don't need a 5" OLED to play those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom