• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastion

I plan to buy digital versions of game that have a lot of replay value-sports games, fighters, arcade experiences(Stardust) and PSN exclusives. All other games( barring digital sales) will be on carts, such as Uncharted. Once I beat it, I can then trade it in if I so desire.

I haven 32 gb card by the way and am hoping that is enough space for a long time(probably not!).

UberTag

So, nobody with Escape Plan yet? Impressions?
Canadians and importers may not want to purchase it.

Shame too... I'd like some impressions before ponying up $15 too.

Especially with no demo, no reviews and that pricetag.
Worried about this game being one of those all style, no substance titles.

Tobor

'Cause they don't have an iPad/iPhone? What I mean is that this could be a good game to keep in your catalogue if you have girlfriend/kids and would like to borrow your Vita for a little while.

Also, we're talking about 30 different mini-games here. Not the same shit with different levels.

Anyway, I do agree that it should be cheaper, but this is on a Playstation platform. People would complain if Sony decided to forget the "mainstream" market and Little Deviants is for this audience. Just don't expect $5 launch games here, it won't happen.

I'm not expecting $5 launch titles. Not the ones that matter. I'm expecting a game like this to be a pack in title. Not an unreasonable expectation, and if kids love it and borrow your Vita, even more reason for it to be a pack in title.

$30 on the other hand is a joke, which was my whole point.

Raine

Uncharted, Wipeout, Virtua Tennis for me. This is great because I didn't WANT to buy 3 games just yet. I was trying to convince myself to not do it but Target made the decision for me...

Varshes

I just bought it, downloading it now. I'll post some impressions if I can tonight.

- J - D -

SHIT!

I have two First Edition Bundles being sent to me.

My girlfriend told me earlier today that she stealth-ordered one for me for Valentine's day. She thought I only had the Wi-Fi one ordered and would have told me to cancel it today. But I forgot that I hadn't told her that I switched to an FEB order instead.

Fuck. Will have to go through the process of returning one.

Peterthumpa

Exactly, really worried to spend 15 bucks when I could use it for paying half Rayman.

UberTag

Downloaded and installed both LUMINES (got the "watch the credits" trophy... yay) and Rayman Origins. Grinding through the lengthy BlazBlue download right now.

There's a Unit 13 trailer up as well. And I'm still having no luck on the SSD DLC pack.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I thought about getting Virtua Tennis, but I realized I'd rather have something like Hot Shots Tennis...anything that reminds me of that amazing Mario Tennis gameboy game please.

Peterthumpa

I'm not expecting $5 launch titles. Not the ones that matter. I'm expecting a game like this to be a pack in title. Not an unreasonable expectation, and if kids love it and borrow your Vita, even more reason for it to be a pack in title.

$30 on the other hand is a joke, which was my whole point.
If that was your point, than I completely agree. I was under the impression that you thought the game was simply trash - which is not true.

I'm trying to buy some PSP games on MediaGo but it refuses to add funds to the wallet and made sure my information was right 3 times. I want DJ Max 3 for 20 bucks dammit :(

frequency

I was going to wait on Lumines, knowing Ubisoft price drops are within weeks...
But...
It's too delicious. Damn this demo. Going to go pick up a physical copy tomorrow.

Bii

I was going to wait on Lumines, knowing Ubisoft price drops are within weeks...
But...
It's too delicious. Damn this demo. Going to go pick up a physical copy tomorrow.

Hey, how about you wait 'til Sunday?

I'm also downloading MJ via my PS3. :D

lol, downloading MJ right now. He's right. When you first see it, it says demo. Then when you actually go to the download it just says "Michael Jackson The Experience"

If this is the game, I'll look at this as my pack in as I Wal Mart the piss out of Little Deviants tomorrow morning.

Ken

Nah, the other Ubi games are all full size, but the only one borked is MJ which I guess is the full game, no unlock needed.

It's funny because as I was queuing the games up, I thought something like would happen. haha
After watching some gameplay, I'm not sure it's even worth the memory card space.

I'm trying to buy some PSP games on MediaGo but it refuses to add funds to the wallet and made sure my information was right 3 times. I want DJ Max 3 for 20 bucks dammit :(

I am having the exact same issue. I tried two different debit cards and no luck.

I will have to call Sony support, tomorrow.

Little Deviant and Uncharted has the PS Vita Demo tag underneath while MJ, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Asphalt, and Lumines have PS Vita Game....so yea...^_^

I can confirm by looking at the file size that it is the complete game. Either it's a timed demo like the trial version in some PS3 titles or it is the full game.

Edit: MJ is the only one borked? That's fun to hear.

lol, downloading MJ right now. He's right. When you first see it, it says demo. Then when you actually go to the download it just says "Michael Jackson The Experience"

If this is the game, I'll look at this as my pack in as I Wal Mart the piss out of Little Deviants tomorrow morning.

Is it possible they're doing the thing they do on PS3 where you can score trophies but they're in a bubble in the trophy list until you purchase and unlock the full game?

steveovig

This might be a dumb question but I couldn't find my answer in the original post. Does the $250 wi-fi model at least come with a memory card of some kind, even if it's just a tiny 4GB one?

Nah, the other Ubi games are all full size, but the only one borked is MJ which I guess is the full game, no unlock needed.

It's funny because as I was queuing the games up, I thought something like would happen. haha

Lumines demo is 722 MB for me and says PS Vita game and not demo :p

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Is it possible they're doing the thing they do on PS3 where you can score trophies but they're in a bubble in the trophy list until you purchase and unlock the full game?
oh shit

someone play the other Ubi demos/trials?
I didn't think they would do Vita "trials" like on PS3.

DiscoJer

Sony did that with the PSP at least once before - that Undead Knights game from Tecmo-Koei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom