• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My £5 Rayman has been cancelled :( :(
Boo! I was really looking forward to giving it a try. Now I'm probably never going to play it. Amazon should have canceled it immediately instead of giving people false hope. Which GAFer was it who contacted customer support about it and was promised he would get it?

RobbieNick

I found a GameStop that had a cancelled early bundle. I'm waiting till sunday to buy the games so I can get the 2 for 1 sale at Target. What demos are available for search on PSN?

Almost had a heart attack here. Left my vita plugged in and charging while I went off to work today, came home to find the PS button flashing, but the screen not turning on at all. Had to hold the power button down until it gave me the option to restart. Now it's working fine, but....whew, I was scared!

thechemist

Audίoboxer;35200297 said:
I mean that is a good deal, but because you pretty much need a memory card, Amazon simply works out better.

Yep, thats right! It seems like the main retailers in the UK have shown their cards, and amazon/ play are the best.

Bullza2o

I ordered HSG 1 day after its release, and right now the estimated delivery is 2/23. My Vita has Release-date delivery. Am I the first one whose game is coming after their Vita?

Does Rayman require a memory card?
Yes, the cover says it does.

iy5SHP4sp5CHc.jpg

kodt

Banned
So is the free PSN game on the Amazon deal only if you sign up for a month of service with AT&T? Do you not get it until the end of the first 30 day period? If so do you need to let it auto-renew for the second month to get the code or can you get it even if you cancel before 30 days?

Also it says it includes a 250MB DataConnect Session Pass, but it sounds like you can't use it until you have already payed for a month of data service?

aknbad30

Banned
Yeah. I mean.. its the middle of the workday downtown and I'm getting this many guys. Cant wait for the Vita to officially release.

Quick note...

Go to the main OS... and navigate it by barely touching the screen.

I shit you not I can do stuff before my finger even touches the screen... that is way sensitive.

I think thats the way OLED is. My galaxy s2 is the same way. If I hover really really close to the screen it senses it.

Fixed1979

Alright, I haven't done it before so I hope it works. There's a lot of PSN ID's going around and the thread is moving pretty quick...Made a quick and dirty spreadsheet. Add your name if you want and X the games you have that contain some type of online component. Add a game if it's not listed....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvOUmIRo0S9VdG5qRllXODhmNE9tcFpMWG9wZTlabEE

Edit: I'll look at making a thread in community as well (just for multi), unless someone else wants to...I guess I should check to see if there is one.

Xiaoki

Yes, the cover says it does.
So, has the feature of being able to have save data and DLC be saved to the game cartridge been completely abandoned or something?

It seems like every game requires a memory card.

Also, yeah yeah, jokes about Sony selling over priced memory cards. Serious inquiry.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Alright, I haven't done it before so I hope it works. There's a lot of PSN ID's going around and the thread is moving pretty quick...Made a quick and dirty spreadsheet. Add your name if you want and X the games you have that contain some type of online component. Add a game if it's not listed....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvOUmIRo0S9VdG5qRllXODhmNE9tcFpMWG9wZTlabEE

Edit: I'll look at making a thread in community as well (just for multi), unless someone else wants to...I guess I should check to see if there is one.

Is this view only?

Is this Welcome Park?

Isn't that the hotshots lobby?

ekadish

Word on the street is you get the game AFTER 30 days from the time of sign up for your data plan.

Yes, but I would figure there would at least be a mention of what you're going to get in 30 days. All you do is sign up for 3G via AT&T's website (on Vita's equally-lame browser compared to PSP) and they thank you signing up and that's it.

I guess I'll just have to go on blind faith and hope to hear from AT&T or Sony in 30 days...

Xander51

Is there a limit to maximum number of friend requests per day or something, maybe to prevent spam? I was adding people in the Lumines thread and now it tells me "You can't add any more Friends."

raven777

I was just playing around with welcome park. I was pretty surprise of the quality, how well it was made. It was also good that they integrated trophy with it lol.

ekadish

It's pretty awesome. I don't even have my 3G on, and it's showing guys that are about 6 miles away. Most of the guys I seem to find are in the student housing area down here... I'm just a mile or so away from them.

Is a map supposed to show on Near for the background? All I get is gridlines. I've only used it from home via wifi though so maybe once I'm out and about with 3G it'll bring down some maps?...

JudgeN

So I'm way behind but how does the PSVita handled games installed from other regions? Say you login to your EU PSN account and download some vita games then install them to the card. When you switch to your US account does the system restore wipe the memory card? Or does it just change the region and you can play your EU vita games on your US account?

datamage

I added my name to it even though I don't have the Vita yet. (Next week.)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I added my name to it even though I don't have the Vita yet. (Next week.)

Yeah... I preempted as well. And the only game I added was the one I've paid off... even though I plan to buy most of them.

AwRy108

Thanks for this, I added myself, though I won't have the Vita until Feb. 22nd.

frequency

I've never seen that google thing before.
I just clicked on it and saw someone in the middle of editing... live!
That's kind of really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom