• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Did you forget the picture of the other side?

hwwDI.png

PlayStation Vita we hardly knew you
You came with no games
but kind words from Mr. Shu
So Lord 3DS and iOS reins
Capcom betrayed
Level-5 dismayed
See you in a grave next to Gizmondo 2

Seriously though, REALLY can't decide if I want to drop another $80 down on this launch getting Rayman, Lumines and UcMC (or Army Corps) during the Target sale on top of my already ordered UC, Wipeout, and HSG. Already spending so much but it's so tempting ughhh. Only console ever where I've wanted 6+ games at launch.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I went into the freaking bathroom to read my uncharted manual and I opened the game and there is NO MANUAL AT ALLLLL

For those of you that dont have one yet check your local best buy. Mine here in Coral Springs, FL has a playable unit. Its so beautiful....Fifa was identical to the PS3 version to me and Uncharted looked great. My favorite demo easily was Gravity Rush. Everyone that owns a Vita must pick it up.

StuBurns

Banned
I thought there was a legal requirement to have like a slip about health concerns and stuff. Is that crap on the boxes themselves now?

Asked this a couple of days ago but this topic moves quickly. Does anybody know if Def Jam: Fight For NY - The Takeover works? It's not listed on Sony's site or on the first page on this topic.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
You came with no games
but kind words from Mr. Shu
So Lord 3DS and iOS reins
Capcom betrayed
Level-5 dismayed
See you in a grave next to Gizmondo 2

Why are you posting this in multiple threads?

Takao

Banned
Seriously though, REALLY can't decide if I want to drop another $80 down on this launch getting Rayman, Lumines and UcMC (or Army Corps) during the Target sale on top of my already ordered UC, Wipeout, and HSG. Already spending so much but it's so tempting ughhh. Only console ever where I've wanted 6+ games at launch.

I wish we had retailers who did Buy 2 Get 1 Free events without it being applicable to bargain bin games from 2007.

fernoca

Im so torn between using a JPN PSN account or AUS PSN account. Maybe once I start switching between the two it wont seem so bad but right now I cbf. Does Japan store get all the stuff aus would?

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
I've bought more psp games these last 2 days than I ever bought to play on my psp. In fact, I haven't even picked up an actual Vita game yet. Can't wait for PSX games to be playable!

Eusis

I went into the freaking bathroom to read my uncharted manual and I opened the game and there is NO MANUAL AT ALLLLL
It's the worst system launch to have this happen with too, so many of these games are able to be gotten well over a week in advance and it's a shame there's nothing to flip through. All I can do is be amazed at how small the case is and look at the cart. And online pass when applicable.
In a dark room my vita screen with a black image is not totally black....:(
I think I'll keep a light on when using the Vita just to not see that. Kinda funny considering it's backlit, but it's generally not a good idea for that to be the only light anyway.

Fixed1979

When you connect your Vita to the PS3, the latter should automatically fire up the PS3 Content Manager Assistant. Then you start the Content Manager on Vita.

Sometimes, PS3 misses the cue and the PS3 CMA doesn't show up. You'll have trouble connecting to the PS3 in this case.

You have to re-plugin the Vita USB cable to get PS3 to start CMA again.

Thanks, that's all it was.

Chatin

Probably been discussed already, but I can't find anything.

I linked my PSN account through email address rather than username, and didn't realize until all was said and done that I linked it to the wrong account. So my PSVita is now linked to an alt account I had on my PS3 for Portal 2, and I want to change it to the account I actually use.. not sure how. Are we able??

Agent X

Even the web brower, though lacking some important features at this point, is not as bad as I was lead to believe. Most sites I've tried loaded up very quickly and without hitches. You can scroll around and zoom in and out at 60 fps just like an iPhone (and unlike most Android phones). It's far and away the most usable console browser to date (the PS3 and PSP are both terrible as is the 3DS). If they can add some additional features and also allow it to run while playing a game we'll have a genuinely useful feature.

Sounds good, from what you're saying.

Have you tried the PS3 Web browser after the firmware 4.10 update? That update ushered in some serious improvements in speed and rendering quality, and the PS3 browser is actually relatively usable now. How would you say the Vita browser compares to that?

What blows me away is how fast you can move between tasks. There's no hiccuping or loading to deal with. When you want to check out trophies on PS3 you better be ready to wait but everything here just moves.

I know you can view PS3 trophies on the Vita. When examining the PS3 trophies, do they also load up very quickly?

That news about free Vita version if you own PS3 version (and vice versa) is amazing news. Hope its something that continues with Sony games even if no other publishera follow

Well done Sony

Yes, I've certainly got to agree with this. I'd love to see this trend continue.

If it's far more shatter proof then gorilla glass, then it's almost assurdedly plastic.

Isn't Gorilla Glass supposed to be very strong?

VanWinkle

In a dark room my vita screen with a black image is not totally black....:(

Weird, my Zune HD's screen is, and it's OLED. I thought black pixels literally weren't turned on? Unless you're talking about that weird blotchy pattern that sometimes happens with OLED screens in a pitch black room.

CaLe

List the PSP games you bought and say which one you feel takes advantage the most of the Vita screen or the dual thumbstick.

My list:

- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
- Persona 3 Portable
- FF IV Complete
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Dissidia 012

My vote goes for FF IV Complete, not for the 2nd thumbstick, but because it stretches SO well on the OLED screen. It's a thing of beauty.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Are you able to turn off notifications when you're playing a game? I checked the manual and it doesn't seem like you can. I don't want shit to appear when I play something like Lumines, where it can actually screw you up

Fixed1979

I fixed it I think. Is it okay for you now?

I'm looking at the revision history. Someone purposely went and deleted it section by section.

I just went in to check it and it was there...refreshed and now it's emptied....I should have backed it up....

EDIT: It's been restored, Google Docs rocks! I don't think we lost any names but it may be worth moving the link and putting in a quote box to view to prevent lurkers from trying to delete shit.

Ken

Are you able to turn off notifications when you're playing a game? I checked the manual and it doesn't seem like you can. I don't want shit to appear when I play something like Lumines, where it can actually screw you up

I checked and all I could find were an option to disable the PS button from flashing during a notification, and to disable the sound that comes with a notification.

Cheska

My friend come over to see it and asked why it smells like cigarettes

Mine doesn't smell like cigarettes, but it sure does smell funky. Kind of like a new car smell, but worse. And after seeing Dallow's post about his Vita smelling, I took a whiff, and now mine has that scent as well :( I'm considering spraying the case with my Dior perfume or something and letting it sit for a while. The other alternative is getting another case, but there aren't a lot of options catching my eye right now.

As far as the screen protector, did you guys put something over the back touch pad as well? I bought the Sony screens, and applied the one over the front, which seems more than sufficient.

I thought you were getting your Vita next week?

robotrock

Banned
So guys, Super Stardust isn't downloading! I think I heard about this problem, but decided to buy it anyways because I bet it's awesome. Any fixes? Can I download it on my PS3, then copy it to my Vita?

Edit: Yeah nevermind.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Isn't Gorilla Glass supposed to be very strong?
Yes. I don't know of any tests that have been conducted to compare the two when it comes to strength.
But keep in mind Gorilla Glass exists because glass is required for LCD screens. This is not the case for OLED.

Why some OLED devices use a gorilla glass variant I can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom