• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
everyone should try welcome park before they play their games. I was really surprised at how well it was made.
2012-02-17-132003.jpg

It is welcome park.

You just wanted to show off your trophies

patsu

LOVE the digital game manuals.

However, its hilarious that certain publishers still keep them shitty black and white, even though they are for the Vita scren, not being printed.

Oh, Sega. Virtua Tennis Vita is a hell of a good game, but lol at your black and white manual.
http://i.imgur.com/Nput7.jpg

Ps. Dear Vita Web Browser, fuck you for not having copy paste yet.

... and drag-select in text edit fields ! ^_^

Other than that, I love my Vita browser. It's my main on-the-go browser now whenever I'm on a network. And I have an iPhone 4S !

Guys, does ps3 media server works with Vita???

Not yet. DLNA support is shown on a Sony Vita presentation slide, but no news so far.

I would really love to see someone take some shorts or video of Lunar on a Vita.

I'm at work so I can't take any pics but I will say that Lunar looks AMAZING on Vita. It already looked good on PSP, that's some amazing sprite and environment artwork, but it just shines so bright on the Vita's OLED. It benefits tremendously from the increased size.

thuway

Have any third parties made any new sticks for the machine?

I'm waiting for someone to take the Xbox 360 nubs and let me attach them onto here :).

I'm at work so I can't take any pics but I will say that Lunar looks AMAZING on Vita. It already looked good on PSP, that's some amazing sprite and environment artwork, but it just shines so bright on the Vita's OLED. It benefits tremendously from the increased size.

Awesome! That is exactly what I wanted to hear! :D

OSHAN

This may have been answered already but the Wi-Fi version is fully functional with Near, correct? I can't see them dividing the userbase up like that but who knows.

Bebpo

Banned
Wish more PSP games worked on Vita. I wouldn't even mind double dipping on a handful since they're mainly dirt cheap these days. But I looked through all the lists and there wasn't much there.

MDSLKTR

Fuck you guys, just last week I wasn't even considering getting it. Now I just transferred money in order to make a preorder this sunday. I even looked online if the feb kit was available anywhere to pruchase today but no luck. Seriously... fuck you :(

patsu

I think folders should be an OS priority for them right now. One of a few, but one of them nonetheless.

They may be able to hold out for a while. We can already add more bubble screens to organize/categorize our apps. *If* we can create our own bubbles to point to any screen, we can jump to different categories of apps directly without swiping through the screens sequentially.

frequency's feedback about long copy time may be more serious since there is no quick remedy. I'd love an incremental backup or sync feature. It will turn Vita into a more useful and convenient portable device.

I'm shopping for a Bluetooth/WiFi car stereo now so that once my Vita is mounted on the dashboard, it can play through my in-car entertainment system wirelessly.

Karish

W/ Amazon out of 8gb cards, I am strongly considering settling for a 4GB right now. Would I regret this. Don't really plan on going DD only at all, I trade in games and buy used ones a lot. More worried about not being able to put demos, PSN games, and the occasional PSP game on there...

IMACOMPUTA

W/ Amazon out of 8gb cards, I am strongly considering settling for a 4GB right now. Would I regret this. Don't really plan on going DD only at all, I trade in games and buy used ones a lot. More worried about not being able to put demos, PSN games, and the occasional PSP game on there...

Ill sell you an unopened 4gb.

raven777

2012-02-17-133027.jpg

2012-02-17-133702.jpg

I just wish Gravity Rush had better resolution/AA, then the visuals would have been perfect. But I still love it. I really hope it release in March in US

patsu

It got delayed a month because of Chinese New Year :(

sigh~ well, at least it's not a flood, or fire, or tsunami.

Fuck you guys, just last week I wasn't even considering getting it. Now I just transferred money in order to make a preorder this sunday. I even looked online if the feb kit was available anywhere to pruchase today but no luck. Seriously... fuck you :(

My friend, when someone introduced a nice girl to you, you say thanks. [runaway]

kuroshiki

Buy 32 GB and be a boss. Like a boss.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Just buy 3G or wifi at this point.

If know it's a bit early to ask. But the PDP Trigger Grip is currently unavailable i Europe, so I'm currently considering this grip.

Has anyone tried it?

The complaints I've seen about it are that it makes hitting the back touch very difficult. To me that would be a bonus since one of the two things I hate about the Vita is that I have big hands and they naturally cradle the entire back of the device. Holding it the way it was designed is incredibly uncomfortable. My other complaint is that the left analog stick is far too close to the dpad.

GQman2121

Banned
Honestly, outside of the VIP Case from Thrustmaster, I think all of the cases I've seen look like shit. I'm having a hard time finding somewhere to import the VIP case too.

We should make a GAF Technika Crew, assuming the Vita version is still on the way.

Word. I never played Technika, I don't live in California/SE Asia, where 99% or Technika cabinets are located. Still, I sure hope Technika comes out fast. Vita launched in Korea, 3DS didn't (at least yet), and Koreans were always PSP >>>>> DS AFAIK. Really hoping the game is out soon.

Just think about it - Trophies, Online, etc.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Honestly, outside of the VIP Case from Thrustmaster, I think all of the cases I've seen look like shit. I'm having a hard time finding somewhere to import the VIP case too.

I agree. I am almost considering settling for the case that looks like a grandmother's purse.

outsidah

System is really awesome and seems to fit well with where we are currently in technology, Sony did a great job with this. I have to admit I haven't been super impressed with the screen like some of you have (I've only played Uncharted so far) but maybe I' spoiled with the Galaxy Nexus or I'm playing the wrong game.

There's some PSP UMD's I would love to play on this thing but buying them again is a tough pill.

UberTag

I agree with you on the cases. Is Zavvi.com not accepting any more North American orders for the VIP Case on their website? That's where I ordered mine.

Here's their site listing for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom