• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

Can anyone in Canada get Near to work? I'm in the Skyhook coverage zone and the damn thing can't find my location. I really want to get this working, it's frustrating!

It works for me - just using at home.
I've already had a couple people message me.

Though I'm kind of uncomfortable chatting with strangers so close to me. Especially when they start asking me about personal life... like what I do for a living and stuff.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Read 3 by Game Informer, Games Radar and IGN. It's Ninja Gaiden. None said anything about framerate problems. Only problem they had with it was that it was Ninja Gaiden again.

Since I love NG it's day one for me.

This is good as I only ever played the first NG they brought to the Xbox. I haven't played an iteration since. Worth 40 bones, though?

Digishine

Banned
Its Ch.1 of the trilogy. Someone else with better knowledge may know more specifics. It looks and plays awesome on Vita though.

I lied, 2 more shots of random things

Escape Plan Live Area and charger power electritiez!

http://www.abload.de/img/2012-02-17-144516jnu6x.jpg[/im]

Photo Viewer

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/2012-02-17-144628bduvb.jpg

Why in the flying fuck is there a picture of a nude kid on your vita ? :/

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It amazes me that people still want to play ridge racer these days, even one that has five cars and three tracks.

Hence the delay. I'm pretty sure based Scamco will add the proper content and HOPEFULLY polish the game to a solid 30fps at least.

Why in the flying fuck is there a picture of a nude kid on your vita ? :/

You ever have kids? Took it a few days back. It's not that apparent. He's the same kid in my avatar >>

Didn't expect anything to be made of it as it's not like I posted some sort of frontal nude detailed like "hey looky here" type of pic.

frequency

Hence the delay. I'm pretty sure based Scamco will add the proper content and HOPEFULLY polish the game to a solid 30fps at least.

You ever have kids? Took it a few days back. It's not that apparent. He's the same kid in my avatar >>

I never knew your avatar was a child. I couldn't really make out what it was...
But I see it now that you've mentioned it.

LiquidMetal14

FEB owners. 4GB enough? Don't anticipate going DD currently.

For save data, yeah. When DLC hits, you may be screwed. I would advise 8 or you're planning on DLC. I have a 4 and a 32. The 4GB might be as a backup for the road if I ever need it but it's sitting around while my main 32GB is the mainstay. Unless Sony dishes us a 64GB card at a later time.

I never knew your avatar was a child. I couldn't really make out what it was...
But I see it now that you've mentioned it.

A nice gaffer in the avatar thread made it and even colored his hair and added the Geralt ponytail ><

BFIB

Put the screen protector on, and it looks great. Except for a little sliver of screen that is still showing at the top left corner.

Whats the best way to lift it off to correct it? Adhesive tape?

Takao

Banned
It works for me - just using at home.
I've already had a couple people message me.

Though I'm kind of uncomfortable chatting with strangers so close to me. Especially when they start asking me about personal life... like what I do for a living and stuff.

So, what do you do for a living?

want to give me a job

Jason2slow

Neo Member
Open up the setup on the Vita until you get them 2 crazy long digits, stop there.

Go your PC and go to the att/buyasession area or URL given in the little pamphlet. Fill in all your stuff there. It worked the second try as the first failed due to a server error.

You handle the promo and everything through the site. If you really want to feel secure, talk to an operator from ATT while doing it. I had to have her show me where my free data pass promo would be. She even knew all about the free game and everything and this was on Wednesday so the operators/reps definitely were informed about the promo.

So the SIM card that came with the system is only good for the free 250mb deal? I have to get another card for the dataplans?

addyb

Ok gaffers ive got a bundle coming next week with Rayman and Golf. Im thinking of another game, dont really fancy uncharted just yet as ive only just finished UC3.

I was thinking of Virtua Tennis as i havent played one since the DC days. Just wanted some impressions on the SP career. Is it good? Does it offer a challenge as id hate to just blitz my way through tournaments with ease. I know visually its amazing so also wanted thoughts on the controls etc

frequency

A nice gaffer in the avatar thread made it and even colored his hair and added the Geralt ponytail ><

Cute :)
I'm jealous.

I knew it reminded me of something. I liked the Witcher.
I think it was the hair and the swords that threw me off.

As for memory cards, 4GB seems too small to me. It was way too small for even just the PSP. And everything is like bigger now. So yeah...

So, what do you do for a living?

want to give me a job

I post on GAF and pretend I'm busy when people walk by.

LiquidMetal14

So the SIM card that came with the system is only good for the free 250mb deal? I have to get another card for the dataplans?

No lol

Your sim is your sim. Just buy any plan on the site ( I bought the simple 15 dollar plan) and you get the free 250mb data and the game voucher (game voucher within a month)

Unrelated, avatar has a little vest too. Per my request. I'm not good a shopping!

Karish

not enough if you're not only using it for save games

I have 1 ps vita game, 1 vita demo and 2 psp games and it's almost full.

That actually reassuring. I don't really see myself putting even that much on it currently. Can always upgrade down the line. I just want something to get me through launch. $20 is nothing in the scheme of things.

No lol

Your sim is your sim. Just buy any plan on the site ( I bought the simple 15 dollar plan) and you get the free 250mb data and the game voucher (game voucher within a month)

Unrelated, avatar has a little vest too. Per my request. I'm not good a shopping!

Two questions.

1) I've got an iPhone. Can I take out that sim and use it in the Vita right now since I already have a data plan on that?

2) What is required of me to get the free game voucher?

Pachimari

Holy shit, I'm probably buying a PS Vita with major discount and we are getting all launch games for review, including Unit 13 next week. Could get it already on Monday woot! I think I'm gonna bite. Still not sure.

Edit: Okay I'm biting, getting it for $170 brand new.

anddo0

Hell no. Especially if you own DD PSP games. It will be good for about a month (if that). But you need something bigger. I have Escape Plan, HSG and Dissidia 012 [duodecim] on my card. I have just over 332mb left.

AkuMifune

Banned
Let me guess - you live in the US? Did you wait for him to explain or did you just get off the phone with Child Protection Services?

PBF215-Kitty_Photographer.jpg

jaxpunk

So has anyone figured out how to get the stink outta the FEB case? I doused it in febreeze when I got it Tues. and today it smells like burnt dog shit sprayed with febreeze...

Soi-Fong

Holy shit, I'm probably buying a PS Vita with major discount and we are getting all launch games for review, including Unit 13 next week. Could get it already on Monday woot! I think I'm gonna bite. Still not sure.

Edit: Okay I'm biting, getting it for $170 brand new.

Wifi or 3G/Wifi or FEB? I got my 3G launch bundle myself for 200 from Amazon for winning a 100 dollar gift card.

LiquidMetal14

Two questions.

1) I've got an iPhone. Can I take out that sim and use it in the Vita right now since I already have a data plan on that?

2) What is required of me to get the free game voucher?

1 - I don't know. Certainly try that. That would be awesome if true. Unless it's tied to your device.

2 - Buy any extra monthly data pass. The 15 dollar/250MB would suffice. You go to the website provided (att.com/buyasession) and you handle all the promos and your account from there. I applied the promo right after it showed up and it shows something like "VITAPROMO" or something to that extent.

So has anyone figured out how to get the stink outta the FEB case? I doused it in febreeze when I got it Tues. and today it smells like burnt dog shit sprayed with febreeze...

Yes, give each later of the protector 1 spray of even cologne or perfume. Let it sit zipped for a day, then let it air out for a day. Try reapplying till DAT ASS STANK is gone!

From what I've tried out it seems like a lot of people were too quick to point out its ugly, but the OS is very quick and easy to navigate.

and I think it's quite attractive. I like clean an simple, and I think it has a fun look about it.

1 - I don't know. Certainly try that. That would be awesome if true. Unless it's tied to your device.

2 - Buy any extra monthly data pass. The 15 dollar/250MB would suffice. You go to the website provided (att.com/buyasession) and you handle all the promos and your account from there. I applied the promo right after it showed up and it shows something like "VITAPROMO" or something to that extent.

Thanks.

So you do need to spend $15 to get the game voucher? Or is this one of those things where you can sign up for a free month, and then they hope you don't cancel before the next month bills?

From what I've tried out it seems like a lot of people were too quick to point out its ugly, but the OS is very quick and easy to navigate.
I may have been one of those people. I still won't be totally sold on the OS until I use it for awhile and as of right now I'm still not a fan of the bubbles but the positive impressions floating around have given me some hope.

LiquidMetal14

lol its strange that Im really only getting 2 launch games and the rest is from the PSP library. Am excite.

You may not be alone there. I bought 3 retail Vita plus 1 DD game (getting Hustle Kings free and SSD with promo). I bought 3 PSP and 4 PS1 games.

Pachimari

Wifi or 3G/Wifi or FEB? I got my 3G launch bundle myself for 200 from Amazon for winning a 100 dollar gift card.

WiFi Vita. But I also get all Vita games I want and some I don't want for review, so that's pretty good I think.
Imagine a PS Vita with around 20 titles for $170. I can't say no to that.

When I was a kid my mom bought a can of flowery smelling stuff for the bathroom and I heard my dad comment, "Great, now the bathroom smells like shit and roses."

LiquidMetal14

So you do need to spend $15 to get the game voucher? Or is this one of those things where you can sign up for a free month, and then they hope you don't cancel before the next month bills?

Yes, you do need to spend. It's not a big deal but it would have been nice if they were clear about that from the beginning. This is my only 3G device or "internet anywhere" ready HW so the 3G is quite attractive. I paid 15 for 2 months of lower tier data and I got SSD plus expansion free.

the OS looked really bad when it was first revealed. However, the OS really shines when it is in motion. I assume it will evolve as time goes on and more games are released, alleviating the issue of 'I Don't want Welcome Park permanently on my pages'. Having messed around with it at GameStop, it is incredibly fluid. For a gaming system, the OS is good--and trounces on the 3DS (Despite my love for that device as well). It shouldn't have Android, as that would just bog down memory.

GQman2121

Banned
They've got me quoted cheap at just one pound ($1.60 Canadian).
I'm expecting to take a small hit with customs/duties on the order but shouldn't be too bad.
Just placed my order. £1 shipping to me in Baltimore too. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive. Great price for this case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom