• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Has anyone played the base game? How is the VR mode?

Base game is not great. It's a clever concept but just not a ton of fun or that well implemented. Was worth the $5 or so I ended up paying for it for the campaign craziness but not much more. Don't have VR so can't comment on that mode but I haven't read glowing things. But this looks completely different from a VR standpoint.

Oh gotcha. Gotta reserve those first few posts next time! Speaking of, when will be the time for OT3? When we hit the page limit?

Yeah, When we hit the page limit.
The thread is progressing at a fast pace we might hit the page limit by January 2018. Unless Matt keeps posting updates non-stop then we might hit it by christmas time, lol.

MattAces

How is Invaders? I really like the idea of the shield, does it translate well to gameplay?

Tempted to buy it as part of the summer sale

Overall a very solid wave shooter, tracks really well, slowmo is cool but no vibration.
You fight off a bunch of generic robots.
If you want a better game, Dick Wilde is the best wave shooter available now. Extremely chaotic and challenging, tracking is perfect, you literally need to dodge and have a huge playing space. Aim supported. Wide variety of weapons including bow, shotgun and shield, grenade launcher, rifle and more.

The thread is progressing at a fast pace we might hit the page limit by January 2018. Unless Matt keeps posting updates non-stop then we might hit it by christmas time, lol.

I think that we can all take that as a challenge!

You're going to need to start thinking of OT3 titles! Sticking with Matrix references, or are you going to branch out? Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Joystick

Don’t Knock Twice - Launch Trailer

https://youtu.be/OsEjGqJ8fpM

How PS VR is shaping the unique scares of PS4 horror Don’t Knock Twice

For those with a PS VR, we’ve implemented support for either a standard controller, single or dual PlayStation Move controllers, and you can even play seated, standing or room-scale.

Don’t Knock Twice is a 2-3 hour game with adventure horror style gameplay driven by narrative clues, an intuitive control system featuring “stretchy hands” and a one-click 180° rotate button, hidden collectables and Trophies, two ending scenarios and of course, a Platinum Trophy.

20% pre-order discount.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...of-ps4-horror-dont-knock-twice-out-september/

valeu

i'm loving tiny trax. it has a great feel. castlestorm is a lot of fun also. and still playing endless mode of superhot, and eve:valkyrie.....and tomorrow is paranormal activity. can't wait

tr00per

Hmmmm well if dreams officially becomes a psvr title then I might start racking up a post count as well :p

Base game is not great. It's a clever concept but just not a ton of fun or that well implemented. Was worth the $5 or so I ended up paying for it for the campaign craziness but not much more. Don't have VR so can't comment on that mode but I haven't read glowing things. But this looks completely different from a VR standpoint.

I see. Oh well. Thanks for the review!

I already have most psvr games (seriously...) but have some credit left to use before the end of the UK sale.

Things I am considering are VR Invaders and Lethal (not sure since I already have rush of blood, dick wilde, farpoint, various gear vr gallery shooters and gear vr motion controller...)

Brookhaven: dunno this looks like another stressful jumpscare fest I wouldn't play much.

Robinson : not as cheap as the others and the reponse was very negative at release.
I am totally over motion sickness nowadays though, can play Quake on Gear VR for long sessions without the slightest issue etc.

Static: was intetested in this until I learned it was 3 hours long and no replayability.

Windlands : this one is really short too though, isn't it?

I am also considering just getting Tiny Tracks even though it isn't on sale.
It seems pretty arcadey and replayable, which is more my thing with psvr than paying 15 pounds for a 2 hour experience (Thesseus, Batman etc).

If I didn't mention something, I probably already own it.

Grinchy

Banned
I already have most psvr games (seriously...) but have some credit left to use before the end of the UK sale.

Things I am considering are VR Invaders and Lethal (not sure since I already have rush of blood, dick wilde, farpoint, various gear vr gallery shooters and gear vr motion controller...)

Brookhaven: dunno this looks like another stressful jumpscare fest I wouldn't play much.

Robinson : not as cheap as the others and the reponse was very negative at release.
I am totally over motion sickness nowadays though, can play Quake on Gear VR for long sessions without the slightest issue etc.

Static: was intetested in this until I learned it was 3 hours long and no replayability.

It seems pretty arcadey and replayable, which is more my thing with psvr than paying 15 pounds for a 2 hour experience (Thesseus, Batman etc).

I think Robinson is a terrible game. I try to steer people clear of it whenever I can. Brookhaven isn't bad, but it's the kind of game that was fun at launch but will now feel basic and dated compared to more substantial titles.

The short puzzle games I'll pick up when they're on sale.

MattAces

I think Robinson is a terrible game. I try to steer people clear of it whenever I can. Brookhaven isn't bad, but it's the kind of game that was fun at launch but will now feel basic and dated compared to more substantial titles.

Can second this. I still have to finish Robinson, eventually. But the game is boring, puzzle is basic and nauseating. Dinosaurs are the only huge redemption, but you only look at them. Graphic is really okay, it has extremely complex modern graphic but resulting in blurry texture, some likes it but I prefer clarity.
Brookhaven is a fun game, but it's definitely one of those "generation 1" game. Aim support and gun play is solid, sound effect is good, but beyond that it's a basic game.

Clever!! I'm always down for more asymmetrical multiplayer VR games. Has anyone played the base game? How is the VR mode?
I actually really liked the base game, but never did try the VR mode. Or I did, but it was just like a lawn chair that you sit on atop the robots?

Anyway, worth it for the multiplayer and commentary, in which you constantly mess with each other while destroying cities and attempting to play golf.

The new mode looks fun, too!

FingerBang

Yeah, I finished it at launch (got a review copy) and it was an okay game at best. It felt really rushed and the lack of motion controls is really puzzling. Luckily I was able to play it on my pro since the resolution was so low on the base PS4 it made me feel sick. But I enjoyed some parts of it.

Also, 3 hours for a 60$ game is just unacceptable.

Is Robinson merely ok (or bad) even as a VR experience?

Most of the psvr games are things I would have zero interest in playing on a monitor, but VR makes them great.

How is Thesseus?

Most of the psvr games are things I would have zero interest in playing on a monitor, but VR makes them great.

How is Thesseus?

Yeah it's okay, it's a pretty linear walking sim with a few unchallenging puzzles thrown in. One of the better games graphically but certainly not worth RRP probably more a £15-20 game.

MattAces

How is Thesseus?

It's definitely OK at best, i would say lower than that. Aside from looking at cool dinosaurs, it has absolutely no reason to be a VR game at all. This is one of the games that felt like they just slap a VR camera on it.
They could EASILY implement Move control, but their studio probably ran out of money to continue development.

Guppeth

Get Statik today before the sale ends. It is only 3 hours long but there are also some hidden puzzles that unlock a secret ending. I bought it full price at release and haven't replayed since beating it, but I don't regret buying it at all because it's fantastic. It has some extra multiplayer puzzles that I haven't had an opportunity to play yet.

Get Statik today before the sale ends. It is only 3 hours long but there are also some hidden puzzles that unlock a secret ending. I bought it full price at release and haven't replayed since beating it, but I don't regret buying it at all because it's fantastic. It has some extra multiplayer puzzles that I haven't had an opportunity to play yet.

I didn't realise this, will have to fire it up with the other half at some point this week.

Have we talked about You Are Being Followed yet? It's being developed by Uncommon Chocolate. The original idea won 2016 BAFTA for Best Concept, created by Nic Gordon.

"YOU ARE BEING FOLLOWED is a virtual reality story-driven game, containing puzzle and exploration elements, where you only see what you can hear. You control Emma, a blind woman, driven by paranoia to leave the noise of her home in a bustling metropolis in pursuit of a place of complete silence."

Trailer is due later this week.

Images - https://twitter.com/ps4vrnews/status/897204546283417600

Burglekutt

PSVR owner from day one and I never got sick from anything including things like RE7 with smooth turning. Tried Robinson about a month ago and definitely started feeling a bit off. It took about an hour for the feeling to go away. Also, what I did play wasnt very fun.

KyroLen

Neo Member
I just got my VR headset and a new PS4, I don't have move controllers yet but I tried the demo disc it came with and wow... the experience is unbelievably amazing!

I'm looking for some recommendations on games to get this weekend, preferably horror games as I love those.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood was one of the games included in the demo disc, so i'll def be getting that as the 5 minute experience with it was awesome. There were also two other horror games, Kitchen and Here they Lie. Kitchen didn't work because I didn't have the 7 feet required away from the camera, but Here they Lie worked and it was sufficiently creepy so i'll be picking that up as well I think.

Any suggestions on more horror, or roleplay type games in VR? Or just fun games in general in VR, I'm new to this whole thing so all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance! PSVR is amazing!

valeu

I just got my VR headset and a new PS4, I don't have move controllers yet but I tried the demo disc it came with and wow... the experience is unbelievably amazing!

I'm looking for some recommendations on games to get this weekend, preferably horror games as I love those.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood was one of the games included in the demo disc, so i'll def be getting that as the 5 minute experience with it was awesome. There were also two other horror games, Kitchen and Here they Lie. Kitchen didn't work because I didn't have the 7 feet required away from the camera, but Here they Lie worked and it was sufficiently creepy so i'll be picking that up as well I think.

Any suggestions on more horror, or roleplay type games in VR? Or just fun games in general in VR, I'm new to this whole thing so all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance! PSVR is amazing!

RE7 of course, and Paranormal Activity

KyroLen

Neo Member
RE7 of course, and Paranormal Activity

Yeah RE7 is a def buy from me, played a little on just regular PS4 and loved it so I'm guessing the VR experience is going to be insane with that game.

Paranormal Activity looks good too, but checking into it looks like it requires the Move controllers which I don't have right now and after this purchase won't be able to afford for a little while unfortunately.

Yeah RE7 is a def buy from me, played a little on just regular PS4 and loved it so I'm guessing the VR experience is going to be insane with that game.

Paranormal Activity looks good too, but checking into it looks like it requires the Move controllers which I don't have right now and after this purchase won't be able to afford for a little while unfortunately.

Prepare to sh*t bricks with RE7! Bought it with my PSVR and played it from start to finish in VR. I can nevet imagine playing the game in non VR mode.

PSVR owner from day one and I never got sick from anything including things like RE7 with smooth turning. Tried Robinson about a month ago and definitely started feeling a bit off. It took about an hour for the feeling to go away. Also, what I did play wasnt very fun.

Same here.
Robinson is the only game to make me feel weird.
Never got out the starting area which sucks because i wanted dto see more of the world

I just realised that the UK summer PSN sale ends tomorrow. Lots of VR goodies available.

Help me choose between:

Rush of blood. £6.49
Dick Wilde. £7.39
VR Invaders. £7.99

I've got Moves (obvs) and Aim.

Just got an email from Sony with a PSVR Survey... Anyone else get this?
Sul2LiB.png

MattAces

Looks sweet. I really like these "tabletop" style VR games.

I see people on social media saying "where's the VR?" It's a shame they don't see it.

It's the exact same problem whenever there's a VR coverage by Kotaku or some other major news site, people call VR as "Wii motion controller gimmick".

It's painfully hard to explain it to people, plus the fact that these people are the category of "I'm not wrong, I don't want to listen, whatever"

Glix

It's the exact same problem whenever there's a VR coverage by Kotaku or some other major news site, people call VR as "Wii motion controller gimmick".

It's painfully hard to explain it to people, plus the fact that these people are the category of "I'm not wrong, I don't want to listen, whatever"

It's infuriating.

I am someone who despises waggle controls. Hate them with every fiber of my being.

1:1 is not waggle controls. It is completely different.

Gyro aiming is not waggle controls, it is awesome.

DBZ Budokai on Wii, is waggle controls. It is an abomination

Arms is waggle controls. I love the game but only with a controller.

My 2c

I finished Dino Frontier over the weekend. What a fun, charming little game! Highly recommend to everyone here. The feeling of picking up your little townspeople and putting them on dinosaurs and watching them roam around and shoot bandits is just a delight.

I would love to see a sequel, with some expanded areas - like a bigger farm and more mines.

It's painfully hard to explain it to people

It's nigh-on impossible. It's one of those things you have to see/hear/feel for yourself.

The gulf between flailing around in Wii Tennis and aiming through your scope in Farpoint is vast, but it's very difficult to convey with words or videos.

There does seem to be a segment of the gaming press/community who want to put VR down at every opportunity, but I don't know why. It wasn't this way when we went from sprites to polygons, or cartridges to CDs, was it? Those changes were embraced for the new experiences they enabled, but VR seems to cause a degree of bitterness for some reason.

Glix

It's nigh-on impossible. It's one of those things you have to see/hear/feel for yourself.

The gulf between flailing around in Wii Tennis and aiming through your scope in Farpoint is vast, but it's very difficult to convey with words or videos.

There does seem to be a segment of the gaming press/community who want to put VR down at every opportunity, but I don't know why. It wasn't this way when we went from sprites to polygons, or cartridges to CDs, was it? Those changes were embraced for the new experiences they enabled, but VR seems to cause a degree of bitterness for some reason.

In fact it was the opposite. Sprites were mocked as last gen tech and no longer accepted.

Joystick

Some more info on Chernobyl VR Project which was briefly shown in an earlier PS VR video montage.

Today we are announcing our PS VR title, Chernobyl VR Project, an interactive journey to the abandoned city of Pripyat and its nearby nuclear power plant.

The disaster at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant on 26th April, 1986 is one of the greatest tragedies of our time. Our title merges the interactive experiences only available through the gaming medium with educational elements to create this unique experience, one that allows you to understand the tragedy through the stories of the people who lived there before and after the tragedy.

The Chernobyl VR project was created through the combination of multiple 360 movies, panoramas, 3D scanning of locations and buildings, 360 photography, stereoscopic videos and much more. The result is a visual tour around the Chernobyl and Pripyat area.

This VR experience will serve as a document to the place, the stories behind it and the people who lived there. It’ll be available on PS VR in the near future.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...coming-ps-vr-experience-chernobyl-vr-project/

Top Bottom