• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Grinchy

Banned
It's nigh-on impossible. It's one of those things you have to see/hear/feel for yourself.

The gulf between flailing around in Wii Tennis and aiming through your scope in Farpoint is vast, but it's very difficult to convey with words or videos.

There does seem to be a segment of the gaming press/community who want to put VR down at every opportunity, but I don't know why. It wasn't this way when we went from sprites to polygons, or cartridges to CDs, was it? Those changes were embraced for the new experiences they enabled, but VR seems to cause a degree of bitterness for some reason.

I kinda wonder if it's younger people who were new to the scene when motion controls came out and now they just expect anything that isn't standard gaming to be a short-lived fad. And stubborn people don't want to be wrong once they've assumed something.

Bastion

So I just started Paranormal Activity and can not pick up,the flashlight in he woods right at the beginning of the game. Anyone else having issues with this?

So I figured it out. I had to adjust my camera.

That's a hell of a discount on Dirt Rally. Just bought it. Glad I didn't use my last 35 pounds of credit on Robinson or something else I didn't partucularly want just to use it before the summer sale ended.

So thanks to all those in this thread who told me Robinson sucks yesterday and put me off pulling the trigger on it :D

ChouGoku

I'm so hyped about Megaton Rainfall, the dev answered a few of my questions and you will still be able to fly out of the galaxy and the Pro VR version will have supersampling. Cant fucking wait.

EDIT:
AND PLANET BUSTING in the game
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Holy shit I need this now

So I just started Paranormal Activity and can not pick up,the flashlight in he woods right at the beginning of the game. Anyone else having issues with this?

So I figured it out. I had to adjust my camera.

Will have to do that too as I had the same issue, I'm assuming I have mine high and better suited low?

Got a PSVR user survey from Sony today, so keep an eye out peeps!

Completed mine last night. It's quite long and takes a while but it's worth doing.

I put some stuff about the breakout box not supporting HDR and some of the types of games I'd like to see.

It's good that they're asking for our feedback, no idea what they'll do with it but it's our chance to tell them what we think so it's important that as many of us complete it as possible.

Completed mine last night. It's quite long and takes a while but it's worth doing.

I put some stuff about the breakout box not supporting HDR and some of the types of games I'd like to see.

It's good that they're asking for our feedback, no idea what they'll do with it but it's our chance to tell them what we think so it's important that as many of us complete it as possible.

I asked for more Move and Aim integration.

I'm so torn on Dirt Rally, I don't normally enjoy time trials but a good VR racing game that gives a sense of speed would be really fun

Can anyone who has a standard PS4 vouch for it?

I'm so torn on Dirt Rally, I don't normally enjoy time trials but a good VR racing game that gives a sense of speed would be really fun

Can anyone who has a standard PS4 vouch for it?

started playing it with a standard PS4, it is noticeably blurrier than on a Pro, but still very fun. jumping around on a tight track with a fast 80's car is intense :D
and it's one of the only full fledged VR titles, if Rally racing (and some rallycross) is your cup of tea it will give hours of content.

Just picked up Mortal Blitz, Dirt Rally Bundle and Paranormal Activity.

Glad I waited on Dirt, that Bundle is a bargain at £16 for the full game, 3 DLC packs and the VR pack.

MattAces

Fruity Shooty by lovely nDreams. They always make sure PSVR is in!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoFOruzeKAI

Gameplay is similar to Job Simulator with shooting element. You have to do the job to earn money while defending yourself.

Game will feature different jobs.

jpg

jpg

jpg

Glix

RE: Farpoint w/ AIM & PSPRO

Holy shit!!!! Fucking blown away. Graphics are gorgeous and using the AIM is fucking cool as hell and immersive.

I barely got to play, maybe 30 minutes, but still... WOW.

Stanng243

Now that I got the free DOAX3 Vr upgrade, I really wish I could afford one of these. Any chance we can expect an official price drop this year?

MattAces

The Solus Project is coming to PSVR on 9/18!
https://youtu.be/wV5g0ieNfis

Damn you! I was literally typing my post.

The Solus Project, which first launched for PC and Xbox One in June and July 2016, respectively, is coming to PlayStation 4 with PlayStation VR support on September 18, developers Teotl Studios and Grip Digital announced.

The first-person survival exploration adventure game is set on a mysterious and seemingly uninhabited alien planet. As humanity's last hope, players must unveil the secrets buried deep below the planet's surface to stay alive.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/08/solus-project-coming-ps4-playstation-vr-september-18#Hjdq37pBvQk5HVqM.99

15 hours full length VR experience, survival single player campaign, very positive on steam. But it definitely looks like a controller only game.
Solus-Project-PS4_08-16-17.jpg

Also good job on Sony with PSVR advertising. They've been pushing PSVR lately in social media and announcement stuff, whenever a game is VR compatible, they usually only mention it as a PSVR game despite having a normal version.

The Solus Project is coming to PSVR on 9/18!
https://youtu.be/wV5g0ieNfis

Septemeber looks pretty full :p

September (9 Confirmed)

100ft Robot Golf - Kaiju Driving Range [Free DLC] [September 12] #

Bloody Zombies [September 12] ♦ ¢

Don't Knock Twice [September 5] # ¢

End Space [September 19] ¢

Light Tracer [September] # ¢

Megaton Rainfall [September 26] * ¢

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV [September] # Ѧ

Radial-G: Racing Evolved [September] ¢

The Solus Project [September 18]

DarkWish

Why is it so incredibly difficult to get the Farpoint bundle with the Aim controller? I think it was up on Best Buy but by the time I added to cart... it was gone. Then I checked Amazon and 1 left... added to cart and it's gone. I check GameStop and I see an add to cart button... click it and it gives me an error. Been looking for a while now but I also refuse to pay more than the regular price for it.

Codiox

GAF convince me on dirt rally for 15.99.

Im not a fan of realistic racing games, only like something like Fzero. But somehow I'm tempted because it's a full fledged VR title isn't it?

Help me GAF!

But isn't VR dead because it's not getting any support? /s

Before I was able to buy every VR game I wanted. Now I just don't have the money or time to keep on top of it. With the userbase still relatively small, and games coming out so quickly, I just hope there are enough buyers to go around.

Im not a fan of realistic racing games, only like something like Fzero. But somehow I'm tempted because it's a full fledged VR title isn't it?

Help me GAF!

Sorry, it's like the hardcorest of the realistic racing games :D

Now that I got the free DOAX3 Vr upgrade, I really wish I could afford one of these. Any chance we can expect an official price drop this year?

Amazon had a deal on this recently where they sold the headset and camera and three games for 299. Keep an eye open for deals. The oculus summer of rift sale is creating some competition.

It's getting hard to keep track of the quality new releases for PSVR these days ---- can someone list some of the recently-released must-haves?

I've picked up Rez Infinite & Apollo 11.......not sure what else to get. Here's my current library:

Resident Evil VII
Battlezone
Star Trek Bridge Crew
EVE Valkyrie
Eagle Flight
Dirt Rally
Batman Arkham VR
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
PSVR Worlds
Werewolves Within
Apollo 11
Rez Infinite
Here They Lie
Bound
Farpoint

Help me GAF!

Yeah as Noisepurge says it's a hardcore sim, Driveclub is defo easier to get to grips with. I admire Dirt Rally VR but I find Driveclub more fun to play.

Why is it so incredibly difficult to get the Farpoint bundle with the Aim controller? I think it was up on Best Buy but by the time I added to cart... it was gone. Then I checked Amazon and 1 left... added to cart and it's gone. I check GameStop and I see an add to cart button... click it and it gives me an error. Been looking for a while now but I also refuse to pay more than the regular price for it.

Because it's awesome and they severely underestimated the demand for it.

It's getting hard to keep track of the quality new releases for PSVR these days ---- can someone list some of the recently-released must-haves?

I've picked up Rez Infinite & Apollo 11.......not sure what else to get. Here's my current library:

Resident Evil VII
Battlezone
Star Trek Bridge Crew
EVE Valkyrie
Eagle Flight
Dirt Rally
Batman Arkham VR
PSVR Worlds
Werewolves Within
Apollo 11
Rez Infinite
Here They Lie
Bound
Farpoint

This is the latest GAF Recommended list, you do already have a lot of these tho...

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246040598

Glix

Check the link I posted a page or two ago. The gamestop link works. My buddy ordered one yesterday and I got one in store!

majik13

Resident Evil VII
Battlezone
Star Trek Bridge Crew
EVE Valkyrie
Eagle Flight
Dirt Rally
Batman Arkham VR
PSVR Worlds
Werewolves Within
Apollo 11
Rez Infinite
Here They Lie
Bound
Farpoint

RE7
Farpoint + AIM
Star Trek
Until dawn
Batman
VR Worlds, if you find a good price
Werewolves Within (if they have fixed the game breaking bug)

Cth

So I picked up a used PSVR about 2 weeks ago and I've been having lots of fun with it.

Games I have so far:
Resident Evil, Job Simulator, Until Dawn Rush of Blood, VR Worlds, Drive Club VR, all the free content so far, etc.

Things I'm looking at getting:
Superhot VR, Megaton Rainfall, Star Trek Bridge Crew

I'm more about the experiences than VR gaming to be honest though. I know a lot of people like the Dino game but it reminds me of Kingdom of Kelfings on Xbox. I love watching stuff in Hulu in the virtual theater, solving puzzles in Statik (I may get this one also soon depending on length), discovering that I can now watch 3D Blu Rays, etc.

Anyways, thanks for the thread!

What did people think of the Mr Robot VR video on Littlstar? I'm a fan of the show and thought the VR video was good, slight spoilers for season 1, but surprisingly high production quality.

Way better than the Alien Covenant VR experience, which I thought was really weak.

Cth

What did people think of the Mr Robot VR video on Littlstar? I'm a fan of the show and thought the VR video was good, slight spoilers for season 1, but surprisingly high production quality.

Way better than the Alien Covenant VR experience, which I thought was really weak.

Really well done, and fit in well within the context of the show (no spoilers!).. it helped that they kept it experimental.

Have you tried the new IT experience? That was fun to check out last night.

Have you tried the new IT experience? That was fun to check out last night.

I haven't tried it yet. Is it on Littlstar or YouTube?

To be honest I'm a bit apprehensive about watching it. I've been ok with horror games in VR, but haven't tried a horror experience. The clown from the trailers is pretty creepy and I don't really want him in my face!

I'll man up later and give it a go.

Joystick

Fruity Shooty by lovely nDreams. They always make sure PSVR is in!

There's some more info on the PS Blog:

launching later this year on PlayStation VR.

So Shooty Fruity combines VR sharp shooting with immersive job simulation, in brand new “shoot and serve” multi-tasking gameplay. Why do we keep going on about multi-tasking? Well it’s a gameplay mechanic we’ve found to be only possible in VR with a couple of PS Move controllers.

Successfully ‘doing your job’ gives you access to an arsenal of high octane, military-grade weapons that you can use to pulp the ripe plump fruit into little pieces.

As you progress through the numerous challenges, striving for illusive promotion in your glowing ‘career’, you get to do even more shop-themed tasks whilst taking on a whole store of fruit types.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ller-fruit-in-ps-vrs-hilarious-shooty-fruity/

Top Bottom