• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtonic removes JonTron from Yooka-Laylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not wanting to have other races enter the gene pool isn't racist" is a comment I just received.

Yeesh.

Seriously is this how our society has devolved. We're at that point where some one could say "All n***ers must die" and that won't be considered racist. Clearly the other races shouldn't be in that gene pool. Saves them the shit of getting discriminated the told "So much for the tolerant left. You should show compassion to some one who considers you subhuman"

Humans were a mistake we're nothing but trash.

Dremark

Banned
Lol, "being too not racist is just as bad" definitely sounds like something the "truth is always in the middle" crowd would say.

I think that's a new one. When was the last time you saw someone criticized for not being racist enough?

besada

Banned
Couple of things:

1) Don't use GAF as your base to troll other places. It's not okay, and I will clip you for it.

2) Don't post links to stupid racists on Youtube just because they "called out" GAF. You're just giving them more views and encouraging the sort of stupid cross board drama that we're not particularly interested in.

Do your thing, say your piece, and ignore the haters.

jstripes

Banned
nah. Internet humour like this or angry nostalgia critc or whatever is Big Bang Theory-tier trite, without production values. I'm surprised these guys apparently have a good amount of adult fans. I can see how I might have liked this as a 15 year old maybe.

AVGN was funny to begin with because it was novel and he was played as a character. The problem is tons of nerds on the net watched it and said "Hey! That's me!", and started their own channels, using AVGN as a template.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
as a community I believe we should put our money where our mouth is and support this game. I'm going to buy a copy even thought I had no intention to before

I backed the game back then but I'll probably buy the Switch version when it launches as well.

Fuchsdh

Good on you, and this sort of narrative is great. The problem is so few people see outside of a tight circle and don't really meet people from different backgrounds so these experiences never happen.

Not only that, it's that most people wouldn't want to deal with these people. I mean, on GAF we had the thread about Derek Black, who was poised to become the white supremacists' standard-bearer, and how he came to disavow his past. But that took a host of folks to engage with him and not shut him out for years before that change happened.

It's great that some people can change, and if the son of Stormfront's founder could change, JonTron can too, but it's also asking a lot from everyone else to be respectful and show kindness to people who would prefer you to cease existing as well. You basically have to have a lot of people being superhuman in their tolerance and understanding.

Camjo-Z

The funniest thing about people screaming that they're going to boycott and that this game will lose sales and bomb now?
We probably wouldn't even identify Jon's voice in the game. Doesn't everyone in Yooka-Laylee speak in the Banjo-Kazooie gibberish?

Yep. The folks going on and on about how they aren't going to buy Y-L because of this SCANDAL!!! were never going to anyway. I mean, taking just a few glances at the post histories of people enraged about this in the Steam forums, literally none of them made any posts about Y-L prior to today and in fact the majority of them only post sporadically to complain and troll over perceived SJW/feminist influence in games.

Larry Bundy Jr is a known dickhead. Think he's a Gamergator too. I used to follow him before it became clear what his agenda was.

https://medium.com/@larrybundyjr_38...r-been-about-misogyny-b7c3c44c7e91#.ge137jq60

He's a GG was always actually about ehtics truther... now if he's come to change since then dunno

I'm quite flattered really! I never intentionally gone out of my way to appeal to them, but a lot of my videos are really showing corruption/incompetence has always been in gaming and not just a recent issue. But both pro and anti gamergaters have used my videos as examples in the past, so I'm quite honoured I have that kind of respect with both sides of the fence.

As for the controversy, I think it's become incredibly warped by a select few who have twisted it to obtain their own personal fame and fortune, totally disregarding proven facts in the process and shitting on the real people it genuinely has affected.

this is from January soooo nope he hasn't as I assume by those select few who twisted it he means Anita, Zoe, etc...

https://gamingreinvented.com/interview/lets-interview-guru-larry/

That Nick Monroe journalist guy is promoting credit card chargebacks on twitter. How do people like that get work, I don't understand.

Edit: I'm allowed to discuss this? its not just some twitter troll shitpost.

"Not wanting to have other races enter the gene pool isn't racist" is a comment I just received.

Yeesh.

The context of Jafari's gene pool quote is 100x worse.

Destiny tries to play along with Jafari and asks him "okay, so say a foreigner comes to this country legally and then fully adapts to our lifestyle and customs. Why would you still have a problem with that?". Jafari responds, with a tone that was half "you dense motherfucker" and half pure.... I dunno: "Because then they enter the gene pool". It was the way he said gene pool that was the weirdest. As if it was the Arc of the Covenant. Like this was the rush to the final boss before it took over the Citadel and sent the Reapers in.

That Nick Monroe journalist guy is promoting credit card chargebacks on twitter. How do people like that get work, I don't understand.

Dude's not a real journalist.... he's literally one of the biggest GG harassers PressFarttoContinue (I hate having to type that)

L Thammy

The context of Jafari's gene pool quote is 100x worse.

Destiny tries to play along with Jafari and asks him "okay, so say a foreigner comes to this country legally and then fully adapts to our lifestyle and customs. Why would you still have a problem with that?". Jafari responds, with a tone that was half "you dense motherfucker" and half pure.... I dunno: "Because then they enter the gene pool". It was the way he said gene pool that was the weirdest. As if it was the Arc of the Covenant. Like this was the rush to the final boss before it took over the Citadel and sent the Reapers in.

Was there a thunderclap when he said it?

What the fuck is up with defense of purity of the gene pool? We got this far by fucking everyone, not by being inbred shits. What is so important about having a "pure" gene pool? I don't get it. It seems like an insane stance to take.

L Thammy

What the fuck is up with defense of purity of the gene pool? We got this far by fucking everyone, not by being inbred shits. What is so important about having a "pure" gene pool? I don't get it. It seems like an insane stance to take.

Fun fact! Sub-Saharan Africa is the only place where humans don't have neanderthal DNA. We got this far by fucking everyone, even other species.

Charge backs on 2 year old transactions, good luck with that too them I guess.

Dude's not a real journalist.... he's literally one of the biggest GG harassers PressFarttoContinue (I hate having to type that)

Ugh, great to know Dodger's stalker is still around and leading GG causes.

joe2187

Banned

According to the Dailystormer guy who was compelled and inspired by Jontron and came to his defense.

"Cuckazoid and Mongoloid DNA is superior to Negroid DNA because it gives them higher IQs, Photosynthesis, and makes them genetic supermen."

Nanashrew

Banned
https://medium.com/@larrybundyjr_38...r-been-about-misogyny-b7c3c44c7e91#.ge137jq60

He's a GG was always actually about ehtics truther... now if he's come to change since then dunno

this is from January soooo nope he hasn't as I assume by those select few who twisted it he means Anita, Zoe, etc...

https://gamingreinvented.com/interview/lets-interview-guru-larry/

Oh wow that's the guy who made that weird video about Miyamoto that didn't have any truth to it.

FyreWulff

Because white supremacist idiots like these like to live this idea that the races are these separate lineages when race is a goddamn social construct invented by humans. And then you can make their brains 404 when you point out pedigree collapse, because mathematically having individual ancestors is impossible.

Mael

According to the Dailystormer guy who was compelled and inspired by Jontron and came to his defense.

"Cuckazoid and Mongoloid DNA is superior to Negroid DNA because it gives them higher IQs, Photosynthesis, and makes them genetic supermen."

Photosynthesis?
Is there any limit to the depth of their stupidity?

Mesoian

nah. Internet humour like this or angry nostalgia critc or whatever is Big Bang Theory-tier trite, without production values. I'm surprised these guys apparently have a good amount of adult fans. I can see how I might have liked this as a 15 year old maybe.

I mean, it's good. It's not the best, and it won't stand the test of time, but he got famous for a reason. The problem is, at the end of the day, Jon's schtick is the same as a ton of other visual comedians out there with very little difference beyond access to a good editor and studio (Barry's still the best).

But to be able to shrug and go "I JUST DON'T GET IT! WHY IS HE SO GREAT!" is underselling both Jon and the problem that Jon is.

Maybe they were racist plants all along.

I won't lie, that made me laugh.

Mael

So... white people, do you breath oxigen during the day or something?
Should I avoid sleeping in the same room as one during the night or something?
You can survive on water and sunlight for how long?
I wanna know about that superpower, I knew about the easymode for job and getting a place to rent but this is incredible!

joe2187

Banned
Oh no the dailystormer guy definitely called it photosynthesis

He was "Grazing" a scientific study done about humans evolution of skin pigments changing based on their exposure to their environment.

He claims white skin evolved from darker skin tones and which made them smarter, stronger and allowed them to harness the suns energy.

Nanashrew

Banned
Every youtuber that covers this news is getting flooded by the cancerous comments. Sheesh.

YouTubers molding their viewers to attack "SJWs," leftists, main stream media. Mixing in paranoia that the world is out to get them because their thoughts are bad and people don't know how to take a joke anymore.

It's dangerous.

The comments on all of Playtonic's Facebook stuff now are all completely toxic. A ton of people are decrying them for removing JonTron. The typical insults of "SJW", "cuck", and "liberal" are being tossed around like grenades.

It's fucking heartbreaking. This is a game that people have wanted for absolutely years, since long before we knew the name, long before Playtonic were formed. The developers at Playtonic risked a lot by leaving a second-party Microsoft studio to form their own independent team because they were passionate about making the same type of games they used to.

And now, mere weeks away from launch, this is the most prominent thing about it, and it's infected their own social media.

I honestly feel really bad for the people at Playtonic right now.

Nanashrew

Banned
I wanna know about that superpower, I knew about the easymode for job and getting a place to rent but this is incredible!

I practically glow in the dark.

MrBadger

The comments on all of Playtonic's Facebook stuff now are all completely toxic. A ton of people are decrying them for removing JonTron. The typical insults of "SJW", "cuck", and "liberal" are being tossed around like grenades.

It's fucking heartbreaking. This is a game that people have wanted for absolutely years. The developers at Playtonic risked a lot by leaving a second-party Microsoft studio to form their own independent team because they were passionate about making the same type of games they used to.

And now, mere weeks away from launch, this is the most prominent thing about it, and it's infected their own social media.

Seriously. They delivered a mostly transparent and well managed kickstarter campaign to complete a passion project they've been working on for ages, and then this shit has to happen so close to the end. That's really why I find this whole situation so depressing.

Skyzard

Banned

It's fucking heartbreaking. This is a game that people have wanted for absolutely years, since long before we knew the name, long before Playtonic were formed. The developers at Playtonic risked a lot by leaving a second-party Microsoft studio to form their own independent team because they were passionate about making the same type of games they used to.

Most of them weren't going to buy the game anyway. If they ever had a job to afford it, they'd know you can't spew bullshit like jontron did and not face consequences.

It'll be interesting to see if kickstarter backers get to leave Steam reviews on the game with the recent changes limiting reviews.

MCN

Banned
I can do photosynthesis but I'm not very good at it because my pasty white skin reflects more light than it absorbs.

Dram

I wonder if the fallout from this, will stop other developers from asking youtubers to be involved in their games?

Violet_0

Banned

pollen season is when we go wild

Harness the sun's energy to do what, cosplay as Vision?

386c54e3de55043e25d1e366d051b039.jpg

Jesus. He just keeps saying it like he wants a reaction. He wants someone to call him out so he can give them shit. What a child.

90% sure that's not the case. I recall a conversation between Arin and Jon on the show about how Jon is always the one who regrets saying things on the show and wants things censored because he doesn't want to ruffle feathers and make a scene.

Disclaimer: these are from 2012-2013 so he's probably changed a lot since then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom