• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtonic removes JonTron from Yooka-Laylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISee

I don't get this racism is a valid opinion and protected by freedom of speech thing. Why is the degradation of another human being and an attack on his human dignity just an opinion?
Am I now allowed to insult somebody and than hide behind 'but that's my opinion and I have the right to think and say that this person is an asshole (asshole is a placeholder for much worse insults)'?
Originally everybody is free to do whatever they like, but we organized is societies with rules. My own freedom ends whenever I interfere with the freedom, the dignity or the rights of another human. Freedom of speech doesn't give me the right of defamation, the right to lie, to insult or to attack the dignity of another human.

I'm sorry for repeating myself, but I'm just so frustrated. I'm white and married to a half black, beautiful woman and my children are also of color and I'm terrified to see where the world is going and how western civilizations are changing.

Ferr986

I don't get this racism is a valid opinion and protected by freedom of speech thing. Why is the degradation of another human being and an attack on his human dignity just an opinion?
Am I now allowed to insult somebody and than hide behind 'but that's my opinion and I have the right to think and say that this person is an asshole (asshole is a placeholder for much worse insults)'?
Originally everybody is free to do whatever they like, but we organized is societies with rules. My own freedom ends whenever I interfere with the freedom, the dignity or the rights of another human. Freedom of speech doesn't give me the right of defamation, the right to lie, to insult or to attack the dignity of another human.

I'm sorry for repeating myself, but I'm just so frustrated. I'm white and married to a half black, beautiful woman and my children are also of color and I'm terrified to see where the world is going and how western civilizations are changing.

Some people just don't know (and/or don't want to learn) what free speech really means.

welcome the world where you cannot have "own opinions"

It's a world without public platforms for bigotry, hatred and discrimination, and it's been around for decades.

Sometimes we let things pass (early responses to Hitler in Europe, global responses to Saddam etc...) but it ends up leading to conflict, oppression, even genocide, so generally we stick to the rule no public platforms for bigotry, hatred and discrimination.

God, I saw two different people tweeting photos of Capital Bee, the antagonist, at the ADL(Jewish anti-defamation league).
One was photoshop'ed with a Star of David on it.

ItIsOkBro

There's like three things going on here

One, you can have your own opinions, and people can reject them.
Two, some of Jon's nonsense weren't opinions but rather claims, claims easily refuted with actual facts and statistics. Disagreeing with facts is not welcome.
Three, what you can't do is say you're racist, vile opinions are "different political views." Nah, they're just racist and vile. This one bothers me the most. I can't deal with people casting what Jon said as a "political view," and that Playtonic removed him because of his "different political views."

Ruff

image.php

Jon Jafari is completely free to voice his opinions, no one has stopped him, he is not going to jail for them. That does not protect him, however, from the opinions of others. It, too, is within anyone else's freedom of opinion to believe him to be a trash being and for Playtonic to not want to associate with that napalm.

Was this posted? Nice guy Boogie still batting for Jon by claiming peeps are out to get him.

Like I said boogie is weaponized centrism... he literally sets out to say create a context where racist and being against racism have the same moral value....

It's also "centrism" because his targets are always on one side....

EmiPrime

Boogie is an apologist for racism, misogyny, homophobia and harassment masquerading as a moderate/centrist. It's a very unconvincing, passive aggressive act. I wanted to believe that maybe he was just a useful idiot but my interactions with him on GAF quickly disavowed me of that notion. The mask has slipped.

Ms.Galaxy

Was this posted? Nice guy Boogie still batting for Jon by claiming peeps are out to get him.

Mhm.. Yup, clearly there are key people trying to destroy an independent Youtuber's career. They're right now sitting in a giant dome lair under a swamp planning such evil deeds like... criticizing Jon's views and denouncing him. The horror.

Let me guess who those "key players" are. Do they look like this?
journalist.jpeg

Slayven

When you are so middle of the road, you only support bigots. And lets stop sugar coating racism, homophobia, transphobia, misogyny, etc with cute words like "views". "opinions", and "other side". You are lowkey giving them legitimacy

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah right, the evil media and press. I wish there would be even one of these imaginary high positioned media outlets actually, factually and repeatedly report about all these youtube scumbags.

ISee

That's a good thing you dumbass. He's a racist shithead, people should be calling him out for his views. Boogie and TotalBiscuit trying too hard to double down on the racism they didn't even say.

TB is also defending JonTron?

Boogie must have voted Trump. He must have.

Sick of these people defending JonTron for his racist views. Makes me angry inside. Feck Trump for bringing racists out from the dark.

But at LEAST now, I can unsubscribe to Boogie. Feck him, that fat feck.

I understand that people are angry at boogie, at jontron, etc. but please let's not go that way.

Sick of these people defending JonTron for his racist views. Makes me angry inside. Feck Trump for bringing racists out from the dark.

But at LEAST now, I can unsubscribe to Boogie. Feck him.

Bedlam

Very uncalled for. Let's stay civil here.

But yeah, I'm also unsubscribing.

EmiPrime

Uncalled for. You can criticise Boogie for the things he says just leave his appearance out of it.

Ms.Galaxy

Yeah I apologise. Just pissed off right now. I'm sick of this. Who else is defending JonTron? I hope not Angry Joe...

Totalbiscuit. Him and Boogie are the only two I can think that are defending him out in the open.

I don't think Angry Joe would approve of any of what JonTron said considering that he's Hispanic and seems to be left of the spectrum.

Some of these Youtubers have some strange persecution complex. Newsflash: nobody really gives a shit unless you say racist shit. So get out of here with this conspiracy level stuff, stop defending disgusting people and just make your videos. The media is not out to get you. You are part of the media. Act like it.

Real Hero

These people are horrible fuckers. Seriously Boogie is just a scum bag. Jontron is at least clearly a total moron. It's those that defend him him such a deceptive way that are really dangerous.

Totalbiscuit. Him and Boogie are the only two I can think that are defending him out and open.

I don't think Angry Joe would approve of any of what JonTron said considering that he's Hispanic and seems to be left in the spectrum.

Never liked TB (and I'm British) so I'm staying even further away from him and his content. Anything TB featured, I won't touch or buy. Same with Boogie.

Actually I dare all the YouTube racists to come out and expose themselves. Because I want to unsubscribe to you and don't want anything to do with you.

But hopefully AJ isn't one of them. It will tear me apart as I love the guy.

Seventy70

So, Boogie grows has a spine when it's about body shaming, but when it comes to being a flat out racist, then it's just "trying out ideas" He acts like such a nice guy, but it's quite obvious he's just being willfully ignorant at this point. You can play a nice guy act with the most evil person if you wanted. It doesn't make it valid though.

https://youtu.be/54uSD67M-Zo?t=40s

"I had a friend named Matt who was always making fun of me for being fat."

"One day I had enough and I cornered him and asked him, "Why are you always making fun of me! Why are you always making me feel bad!"

"I stopped hanging out with Matt."

LOL

From his description, as shitty as Matt was being, he had good intentions. Yet, that was enough for him to stop hanging out with him. You can't even say the same for JonTron.

Breads

Banned

They are called former fans who found out their lovable goof harbored smoldering hostility for their race that they didn't have sense enough to hide.

So, Boogie grows has a spine when it's about body shaming, but when it comes to being a flat out racist, then it's just "trying out ideas" He acts like such a nice guy, but it's quite obvious he's just being willfully ignorant at this point. You can play a nice guy act with the most evil person if you wanted. It doesn't make it valid though.

Just another case of "nice guys" being "nice" as a means to an end. Self serving piece of shit. He would rather softball bigotry as long as it doesn't risk alienating his viewership at best... knowingly doing to it bring in new viewers who see his a safe venue for their bigotry at worst.

Ms.Galaxy

Never liked TB (and I'm British) so I'm staying even further away from him and his content. Anything TB featured, I won't touch or buy. Same with Boogie.

Actually I dare all the YouTube racists to come out and expose themselves. Because I want to unsubscribe to you and don't want anything to do with you.

But hopefully AJ isn't one of them. It will tear me apart as I love the guy.

Yeah, AJ seems like he's not one of them. Looking at his twitter now and the last couple of things he tweeted was about universal healthcare and healthcare should be a human right. Plus he's anti-Trump, so I think he's okay.

Some of these Youtubers have some strange persecution complex. Newsflash: nobody really gives a shit unless you say racist shit. So get out of here with this conspiracy level stuff, stop defending disgusting people and just make your videos. The media is not out to get you. You are part of the media. Act like it.

All of this. These youtubers are just being dumbasses and falling on swords to defend this racist, ignorant fuck. Fuck TB, fuck Boogie's middle of the road nonsense. Fuck both of them.

Some people don't seem to see the limits of their freedom when it trespasses on others or are willfully running over it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Oh fuck off.
Boohoo people don't like racist scumbags.
How the fuck can anybody defend Jon. Like, this is the hill you choose to die on? Defending somebody who LITERALLY said foreigners "dilute" the "gene pool"?
Just fuck off, hope those views are worth it.

It would have taken some real balls to stand up and say "I know I usually defend this stuff but this is unacceptable" but of course no. It's "well, he probably didn't mean what he said BUUUUT here is the REAL story and why poor old Jon is a victim"

Just disgusting. I feel really dirty for having liked this guy once. Urgh.

https://youtu.be/54uSD67M-Zo?t=40s

"I had a friend named Matt who was always making fun of me for being fat."

"One day I had enough and I cornered him and asked him, "Why are you always making fun of me! Why are you always making me feel bad!"

"I stopped hanging out with Matt."

LOL

From his description, as shitty as Matt was being, he had good intentions. Yet, that was enough for him to stop hanging out with him. You can't even say the same for JonTron.

What a bloody hypocrite. Going by what Boogie2988 said in the Jontron defense video, he shouldn't be allowed to stop hanging out with a fat-shaming dude because he needs to educate and reach over the hatred and this is the real world where you have to accommodate for other's hatred and you're a weakling if you cut out people who you should reform because they're going to get worse and blah blah blah blah centrist bullcrap.

Boogie is pathetic. When i learned about that shit he pulled here when GG was starting to turn up, i knew then he was an aint shit kind of dude. He can fuck off somewhere.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
On a side note, while I don't feel most of his content anymore I have gained a massive amount of respect for Jim Sterling for calling out both Boogie and TB in his article, despite being friends with both of them.

On a side note, while I don't feel most of his content anymore I have gained a massive amount of respect for Jim Sterling for calling out both Boogie and TB in his article, despite being friends with both of them.

I always loved jim, but after that i have huge respect for the guy. And good on him for calling out TB and Boogie's shit.

Shane89

Being allowed to have your own opinion doesn't remove consequence for your actions. He's allowed to hold those opinions, doesn't mean others have to accept it.

exactly, but that doesn't mean that he should be fired too.

Beware that i DO NOT like his opinion, but the fact that he got fired for "personal opinions" is non sense IMHO.

Ms.Galaxy

flipflop.png

Gee he flipflops and tends to say things to please everyone. It's shocking sometimes

Boogie, I feel, is someone who has a legit fear of being hated and does anything to please everyone.

Beware that i DO NOT like his opinion, but the fact that he got fired for "personal opinions" is non sense IMHO.

His personal opinions is white supremacy, an ideology ran by fake "racial science" that historically leads to genocide. Why would any company want to associate themselves with that?

Also, stop calling it an opinion, it lost its acceptability long ago. Call it what it really is, hate and bigotry.

Breads

Banned

Being fired is a consequence. It's their company using their own freedom of speech to tell the world that they cannot support his views.

Views he chose to put out there as is his right.

He fucked up. Not Playtonic.

Sakwoff

Yeah, AJ seems like he's not one of them. Looking at his twitter now and the last couple of things he tweeted was about universal healthcare and healthcare should be a human right. Plus he's anti-Trump, so I think he's okay.

I think I remember Joe making a vlog-style video speaking out against gamer dudes' harassment of feminist critics at some point as well.

I don't particularly enjoy his content, but the guy's alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom