• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please Stop! Trailer are spoiling movies and making me not want to watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

Totally agree with you OP. I was shocked when the trailers you've listened spoiled as much as they did. I'm not even gonna watch South Paw now.

Disgraced

Exactly. Spoiler culture was always a weird thing to me. Do people not enjoy movies like Empire Strikes Back now that everyone knows Darth Vader is Luke's father? A movie is so much more than a plot synopsis or a twist.
Surprises can be fun. It's a feeling of learning something. While I too feel it's the full package that's most important, knowing what's in store can deflate tension. I believe there to be some great works out there capable of maintaining excitement even after the audience knows what's coming. Lesser ones aren't sharp enough to do that, and seem to rely on shock-value alone. Point being, I'm a simple person that can't enjoy high art everyday, so let me enjoy my shock-schlock god damn it, and please don't ruin the shock part for me.

BowieZ

Banned
I stopped watching trailers years ago. I just go by recommendations from friends once the movie is out.

I watched the SW teasers though coz John Williams.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I don't care about spoilers, but:

The LAST SCENE in the trailer was the LAST SCENE of the movie. The trailer was literally the entire movie plot line, from beginning to end.

Also a feature of Amazing Spider-Man 2's trailers, and the Gravity re-release trailer around Oscar time.

Also I still miss your old animated avatar.

I haven't watched a trailer for a movie I really wanted to see in pretty much 3 years already; just plug in my earbuds and put on my cap if it shows during the feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom