• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Point & Click Adventure Thread 2017 - Pixels Walk With Me

Tizoc

Ill give it a play thanks for the link mate

Also spile chunsoft are bring a New visual novel game to pc titled 428
This was originally a japan only release

TripleSun

Yeah 428 is simple amazing and makes me wish people still made sound novels. There's something to a visual novel that only has BGM in it. Not technically a PnC game, but a game I'd recommend to people from this forum for sure. Surprised they are making an English version, honestly lol

zq_audio

Neo Member
Soooo...I'm not sure if this is appropriate or not, but I thought I'd let everyone know that my point & click adventure recently hit alpha and I'm looking at releasing it December of this year.

It's called, "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars".

Here's the key art that I just finished last night:
AA_CoverArt_Full.png

Here's the teaser trailer we released a little over a year ago:
https://vimeo.com/144301098

Here's some info:

Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars is a point & click adventure horror game told through the eyes of a family that has recently moved to an isolated town in the frozen lands to the north. Explore, research, uncover mysteries, solve puzzles, and interact with a large cast of characters in this rich and layered story.

Michael, Lily, and Gabrielle have recently moved to the frigid town of Haven under tragic circumstances. As they begin to rebuild their lives in this new home and meet the townsfolk of Haven, they quickly discover that not everything is what it appears to be. Michael struggles with dreams of dark waters and an unknown ancient evil resting beneath the cold waves. Are these simply dreams or are they a premonition of things to come?

Key Features:

Third-person 3D Point & Click-style adventure game
Play as two different characters throughout the game
Deep narrative with abundant lore to discover and absorb
Large cast of characters to speak and interact with
Cinematic musical score by Chad Seiter (chadseiter.com)
Direct tie-in to the tabletop game, The Great Nameless – also by Winter Night Games

Here's the webpage along with some in-development screenies:
www.winternightgames.com

Let me know if I shouldn't self-promote here...I'll slink back into the shadows. :)
-Zack

Tizoc

Right my Phase 2 of clearing my PnC backlog takes me to my Steam backlog, here are the list of games I wish to play and finish over the coming weeks

1979 Revolution
The Abbey of Crime Extensum
Armikrog
A Bird Story
Blues & Bullets
Botanicula
The Charnel House Trilogy
Cibele
Contradiction
DoTT
Detective Case & Clown Bot
Detective Grimoire 1+2
Desire
Goosebumps
Grim Fandango
Hamlet
Heroien's Quest
Indiana Jones
Jacob Jones 1+2
Journey Down 1+2
King's Quest 2015
Loom
Nikopol
The Order of the Throne
Post Mortem
Puzzle Bots
Quest for Infamy
realMyst
Samorost 1-3
Silver Case
Superbrothers
Tesla Effect
Tiny Theif
Violett
Void & Meddler

TripleSun

Soooo...I'm not sure if this is appropriate or not, but I thought I'd let everyone know that my point & click adventure recently hit alpha and I'm looking at releasing it December of this year.

It's called, "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars".

Definitely loving the atmosphere! Ever since Black Mirror series I haven't found a kind of horror/suspense series that I've been able to get into but this looks great. >Deep narrative >Large cast of characters, you got me interested!

epmode

Man these TJD: Chapter 3 images are hitting me in the right spots.

I really like The Journey Down. They're among the very few games that really remind me of Lucasarts. Good-natured with excellent music and production values.

I backed the Kickstarter too.

Right my Phase 2 of clearing my PnC backlog takes me to my Steam backlog, here are the list of games I wish to play and finish over the coming weeks
Heads-up with Blues and Bullets, its a good game but only two episodes out of five ever came out and the dev team went under so it will never be finished.

You need to play Contradiction though, its great.

Tizoc

Heads-up with Blues and Bullets, its a good game but only two episodes out of five ever came out and the dev team went under so it will never be finished.

You need to play Contradiction though, its great.
I onwo about blues and bullets and i owned contradiction since telease so itll be a joy to get back to jenks.
Wish the team could do a kickstarter to finish up a final chapter though :x

zq_audio

Neo Member
Looks cool. Reminds me of Alone in the Dark. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks

Definitely loving the atmosphere! Ever since Black Mirror series I haven't found a kind of horror/suspense series that I've been able to get into but this looks great. >Deep narrative >Large cast of characters, you got me interested!

Thank you! I'll periodically shoot updates to this thread but won't over-saturate! :)

Be on the lookout for a gameplay trailer soonish (probably this month)!

TripleSun

Did Simon D'souza manage to finish the score for part 3? Or have they hired a new composer?

As far as I know Jamie Salisbury is doing the score for episode 3. He did a couple tracks on Ep. 2's soundtrack so gauging from those I'm sure he won't let us down.

Simon wasn't able to finish off Ep. 2's score it seems, so his friend Jamie composed two of the remaining songs on the set and is moving onto Ep. 3 music

sangreal

I actually just finished TJD1 and 2 after buying it on a whim off the app store a few days ago so it is funny coming to this thread looking for a new game and seeing it discussed on this page

I really enjoyed the games, but I didn't know it was incomplete before I started or I probably would've waited. At least TJD3 actually has a release date unlike some other episodic games I've played

I really like The Journey Down. They're among the very few games that really remind me of Lucasarts. Good-natured with excellent music and production values.

I backed the Kickstarter too.

really reminds me of grim fandango

Tizoc

Ill get back to clearing my pnc backlog once i beat hollow knight.
Lots f cool games coming in the coming weeks but i will manage to get wome pncs cleared alongside them

TripleSun

Also we got another PnC release date today. I don't know if anyone here has been following Paradigm, but I've loved the vibe for a while now and am happy for him that his creation finally has a release date, April 5th. Here's the main trailer if anyone is interested. The game is pretty quirky but the art is gorgeous and can't wait for the release day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS46leUFXek&

[edit] Also in other news
Today, the company announced that Full Throttle Remastered will be available on PS4, PS Vita and PC on April 18th.

Hackbert

ah i see i am not the only one who found the journey down 1+2 on this months humble bundle. such awesome point and click games. i love the flair and music. great that it is not just text but voiced in every sentence. it is quite short, but good game for a study break and coffee

edit : lateshift sprung into my eyes in the store to preorder for the ps4. the bunker and contradiction showed me how i missed these kind of games. this one looks high budget if a bit b if not c movie like hehe

Tizoc

Yo Sir_Crocodile, and everybody in this thread, even if you don't like Telltale-style games, I STRONGLY recommend playing Revolution 1979 if you haven't yet.
It's a (light) adventure game set during Iran in the late 1970s focusing on the Revolt against the ruling party at the time. It has some good voice acting and narrative IMO, and is only 2-3 hours long. You can get it on Steam for $6 from here if you're interested-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K8BUKWS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

One thing I rather liked is that the voice actors pronounce things in the Iranian dialect really well like how Abbas is pronounced 'Abbaws'.

Ayways, next up
Armikrog!

pixelmeat

Neo Member
Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you know that Agatha Knife is on Greenlight and it would be awesome if many of you, adventure game lovers, could help us with this process.

Please have a look at our greenlight page and vote for us if you think the game is worth it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881497950

You can check our Greenlight trailer too, to have a better idea about the game plot and features.

agatha_knife_greenlight_title.gif

Thank you all for your support :D

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you know that Agatha Knife is on Greenlight and it would be awesome if many of you, adventure game lovers, could help us with this process.

Please have a look at our greenlight page and vote for us if you think the game is worth it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881497950

You can check our Greenlight trailer too, to have a better idea about the game plot and features.

agatha_knife_greenlight_title.gif

Thank you all for your support :D

I voted yes despite the fact that if there's one thing I really can't take, either in games or other media, is violence against animals. Here's to hoping you treat it intelligently, I'm really curious about your take on this. The trailer kind of hints that I might be right in suspecting it'll be thought-provoking, at least :)

pixelmeat

Neo Member
Change the dialogue font.
For the love of god, at least give us an option for something legible.

The font is meant to be Agatha's handwriting and we are keeping it in the trailers because that's how we think the game is meant to be played. Anyway, we provide an alternative font for people who don't feel comfortable with a weird 7yo handwriting. There goes your option :D

Fuz

Banned
I'm really impressed by the quality and quantity of animations in The Little Acre. No more "generic use/get animation". There's a lot of work behind it, and it help immensely to make the world feel real. Nicely done, Pewter.

Although... I'm really not a fan of "flash-style" graphics.

Tizoc

What is UP with the saving in Armikrog.?
I thought I had saved my game, having made it near the end of the game.
I load my save and I am at a very early section of the game.
What the hell.
Guess I gotta keep making new names for my save files.

I rather enjoyed the game but it is surprisingly short.
Will beat it another day in the future....

On to A Bird Story for now.

pixelmeat

Neo Member
I voted yes despite the fact that if there's one thing I really can't take, either in games or other media, is violence against animals. Here's to hoping you treat it intelligently, I'm really curious about your take on this. The trailer kind of hints that I might be right in suspecting it'll be thought-provoking, at least :)

Hi! I missed your post, sorry.

Regarding violence against animals, we treat it from the traditional neighbourhood butchers perspective. There are some discussions during the game referring to the ethics behind the topic. Different characters have different opinions on the matter. There are several meat and veganism related jokes. But the main point of the game is faith. We see the sacrifice of living creatures to be deeply related with religion and spiritual beliefs, so the majority of the dialogues tend to point that way.

Of course, labeling the script as thought-provoking or intelligent will ultimately depend on the player :D

True but it's not uncommon in the genre. I do like the small bits that are shown, at least enough for a small pledge

Yeah, but there have been enough people burned on KS that they're far more careful these days.

A lot harder for someone who's not shipped a successful game to get funded on KS now then it was a few years ago.

Funded!
I forgot to pledge for a copy but hey I'll grab it by 2019, so hopefully it gets good reviews.

oh it made it? Nice! I was going to bed and saw that it was just under 500 or so with 3 hours to go. Was a little worried there for a bit. Would have sucked to have not gotten funded with such a small amount to get.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I got Shardlight on iPad, can't believe how much cheaper it is than the PC version.

I got Shardlight on iPad, can't believe how much cheaper it is than the PC version.

They have to compete with the freemium iap crap and the $1 dollar games.

If you price it anywhere near what it's worth on mobile you get tarred and feathered by people who don't understand what games cost to make like the mob decrying Super Mario Run

really horrible price perceptions in the mobile space..

Tizoc

Seems I am halfway through Botanicula. Interesting little game though the weird creature designs are offputting a bit to me.
I do love the gang's yelps though 'Yahoo!'

Just heard about this upcoming PnC called Starflint and I really love the backgrounds and the general animation. Although I'm not really a fan of people hyping up multiple endings and endless replay value. Also who knew Square Enix had a Kickstarter-like thing going lol I didn't

https://collective.square-enix.com/projects/344/starflint

Oh, backed this a while ago on Kickstarter but it didn't make it, good to see it's not dead!

pixelmeat

Neo Member
Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know that Agatha Knife has been greenlit.

We have already begun preparing all the Steam launch material and we expect to have all the localisation ready soon.

Thanks for your votes and support, they have been key to the campaign success.

Top Bottom