• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XII: The Final CoroCountdown

JoeM86

Got bigger pics

Hariboogu is the Thorn Armour Pokémon. It is 0.7m, 29kg and has the ability Overgrow
Teerunaa is the Fox Pokémon. It is 1.0m, 14.5kg and has the ability Blaze
Gekogashira is the Bubble Frog Pokémon. It is 0.6m, 10.9kg and has the ability Torrent.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Pyroar would be sooo good if it wasn't for that goofy ass mane.

So... what can we derive from those names?

waka gashira (plural waka gashira)
Middle man in practice right under the Yakuza clan leader, the oyabun. The waka gashira sees to it that the oyabun's orders are carried out correctly by the wakashu.

Firemind

Now I'm holding out hope Chespin's final evolution is Grass/Steel. Gen IV didn't have parity either. Empoleon's steel typing didn't help it at all. Which made Piplup the worst choice of starters.

Got bigger pics

Hariboogu is the Thorn Armour Pokémon. It is 0.7m, 29kg and has the ability Overgrow
Teerunaa is the Fox Pokémon. It is 1.0m, 14.5kg and has the ability Blaze
Gekogashira is the Bubble Frog Pokémon. It is 0.6m, 10.9kg and has the ability Torrent.

I hope ya get a better pic of the T-Rex.

I really hope there won't be any leak again... I don't want to see every Pokemon. :/

Well from here on this is what we will get.
Possible new trailer in a Nintendo Direct in a week or so with new Pokemon.
Possibility of the game leaking a few days before launch.
And maybe some Pokemon here or there from ads or places like IGN.

So as long as you ignore the game if it gets leaked you should be fine.

Qurupeke

Well from here on this is what we will get.
Possible new trailer in a Nintendo Direct in a week or so with new Pokemon.
Possibility of the game leaking a few days before launch.
And maybe some Pokemon here or there from ads or places like IGN.

So as long as you ignore the game if it gets leaked you should be fine.
I don't mind this, I just don't want to see staff that we weren't supposed to see until the release. Especially the legendary pokemon of Kalos...

*sees the starter rankings* >_<

It's time for some REAL TALK.

Venusaur > Blastoise > Charizard

Meganium > Typhlosion > Feraligatr

Blaziken > Sceptile = Marshtomp

Empoleon = Torterra >>> Infernape

Serperior > Samurott >>> Emboar

moving

Neo Member
So... what can we derive from those names?

waka gashira (plural waka gashira)
Middle man in practice right under the Yakuza clan leader, the oyabun. The waka gashira sees to it that the oyabun's orders are carried out correctly by the wakashu.

We got them on PokéJungle a month or so ago, can't check exactly when. I also only have access to an older version, we had an updated version which had better transliterations of the names. I'll fetch that ASAP.

Hariboogu (&#12495;&#12522;&#12508;&#12540;&#12464;) &#8212; Hari (&#12495;&#12522;) comes from pin/needle, boogu (&#12508;&#12540;&#12464;) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut in French.

Gekogashira (&#12466;&#12467;&#12460;&#12471;&#12521;) &#8212; Gekogeko is common onomatopoeia in Japan for the sound a frog makes. Gashira means either head or boss.

Teerunaa (&#12486;&#12540;&#12523;&#12490;&#12540;) &#8212; Teeru (&#12486;&#12540;&#12523;) means tail and runaa (&#12523;&#12490;&#12540;) means lunar.

Also: first post.

MarkusRJR

When are we gonna learn the version exclusive Pokémon? I'm not sure which version to get and since it's a worldwide release I'm not sure when we'll learn. Did we learn before the JP release with prior games?

Also, with the prior JP releases did they reveal all the new Pokémon or did they leave surprises?

Dr. Buni

Thor Armour Pokémon? I am really hoping Hariboogu's evolution is a faster and bipedal version of Torterra, with a Grass/Rock typing.

Hopefully it will also look better than Torterra, but hey that is a really hard goal to achieve.

NeonZ

It's really disappointing that the new Pokemon this gen are spot on and some of the best designs in a very long time, but then they go and mess up the starter evos. They are all bad besides Froakie2 which is just a rehash Swampert. Can't we just get one more gen with good starter designs across the board? The last time that happened was Gen 2.

You say something like that, but I really don't like Gen 2's starters. Cyndaquil's and Totodile's lines feel really generic, just bigger and uglier evos that don't add anything new(Compare them to the Gen 1 starters, which added things like wings, cannons or the open flower, or any of the later ones which often had more drastic transformations), meanwhile Chikorita ends up with a completely non threatening final evolution. Now, I also disliked these middle evos for gen 6, but there's still the third Evos and maybe even Megas this time.

Elfteiroh

Thor Armour Pokémon? I am really hoping Hariboogu's evolution is a faster and bipedal version of Torterra, with a Grass/Rock typing.

Hopefully it will also look better than Torterra, but hey that is a really hard goal to achieve.

Grass/Rock would be awful... Not as bad as Ice/Rock, but bad enough. Grass/Ground would be way better. But really, The Knight evolution seems more and more plausible, and I really hope I'll be able to call mine Sparkster. xD

On the same note, I think I'm more and more confident I'll be able to all my Froakie Gamabunta. :p (Also my Fennekin: "Fayrizia", don't ask, it's the name of one of my Witch D&D character, she have a red fox as her familiar)

Ezalc

*sees the starter rankings* >_<

It's time for some REAL TALK.

Venusaur > Blastoise > Charizard

Meganium > Typhlosion > Feraligatr

Blaziken > Sceptile = Marshtomp (pretty sure it's supposed to be Swampert here)

Empoleon = Torterra >>> Infernape

Serperior > Samurott >>> Emboar

Bahahahahahaha no.

Wiz

So should we expect a press release today/tomorrow with all the new info for the rest of the world?

Elfteiroh

Sorry to be a bother but could anyone make an avatar out of this for me? I need it badly :p

And if you could give it a pop out effect like this one (though in the other direction)

T8AABbz.png

Many, many thanks! Avatar request thread has been sleeping for the last few hours!

Am I too late? :p
Froakie2avatar_zps163e810a.png

Dr. Buni

Grass/Rock would be awful... Not as bad as Ice/Rock, but bad enough. Grass/Ground would be way better. But really, The Knight evolution seems more and more plausible, and I really hope I'll be able to call mine Sparkster. xD

On the same note, I think I'm more and more confident I'll be able to all my Froakie Gamabunta. :p (Also my Fennekin: "Fayrizia", don't ask, it's the name of one of my Witch D&D character, she have a red fox as her familiar)

I think it would be better than Grass/Dark at least. Grass/Dark was awful before Gen VI and now the type got one more weakness to worry about. Depending of Chespin3's stats, I think it wouldn't be that bad as Grass/Rock. That said, there are better type combos, like Grass/Steel, but I can't picture Chespin3 having this type.

Ah, I don't nickname my Pokémon, but I'd like to say my Fennekin will definitely be male and fabulous.

Dr. Buni

I would approve of megas for the Monkey trio. I like their base forms, but except for Simipour, I hate their evolutions :|

Delio

Oh, apparently the stick can be removed. Fennekin evo uses it as a wand.

Yeah just saw a blurry pic of this. So it's not much of a broom if it takes the stick out to attack lol. BUT I'm all for the magical girl wand. I hope flamethrower and the like comes from the wand.

Top Bottom