• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XII: The Final CoroCountdown

backlot

No reason for it to use quick attack but stab return is delicious. Weaviles main problem is that it doesn't have a good ability like at all.

An ability would help but Weavile's real problem is that it doesn't have any attacks above 75 base power. Night Slash and Ice Punch just don't cut it.

TrickRoom

It could also be mixed. It kind of reminds me of the psychic/fighting mewthree that used to circulate around, even moreso than mewtwo y.

IIRC, we should be getting official art and assets in the next 12-15 hours! Get hype! Hopefully the in-game model/footage of Haribogue looks better.

Ravidrath

So Fennekin's evo has a weird stick sticking out her tail.

Looks like her tail might... come off and become a broomstick? So she'd be like a Fire/Psychic foxwitch Pokemon.

Looks like her tail might... come off and become a broomstick? So she'd be like a Fire/Psychic foxwitch Pokemon.

It's tail. It may look feminine but there's no way they'd be strictly one gender.

And yeah, in the cleaner scan that the sites put up today, you can see it holding the stick with what looks like a flame on it. I speculated that it could be an attack or idle animation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

She can take off the stick and use it as a wand.

With that said it has that implication that because it eats kindling/sticks as Fennekin, that stick is something...

Well, yeah, if Pokexperto/trade-mark registrations are to be believed, the final starter's evos names in Japanese will be:

Burigaron (Chespin's)
Gekkouga (Froakie's)
Mafoxy (Fennekin's)

So I expect some sort of mage-look since Ma means magic in Japanese and also works as a pun English magic/mage too.

-Horizon-

Well, yeah, if Pokexperto is to be believed, the final starter's evos names will be:

Burigaron (Chespin's)
Gekkouga (Froakie's)
Mafoxy (Fennekin's)

So I expect some sort of mage-look since Ma means magic in Japanese and also works as a pun English magic/mage too.

Mafoxy?...nickname will be Madoka it is then! That's not a stretch at all.

zroid

Banned
Well, yeah, if Pokexperto/trade-mark registrations are to be believed, the final starter's evos names in Japanese will be:

Burigaron (Chespin's)
Gekkouga (Froakie's)
Mafoxy (Fennekin's)

dammit...

I am on the brink of switching to #TeamFennekin

#TeamChespin, please forgive my insolence...

Burigaron (Chespin's)
Gekkouga (Froakie's)
Mafoxy (Fennekin's)

Gekkouga is the best name. Keep it for the english name! If the ninja gym leader can be koga, we can have that plus gekko.

Any insight into what burigaron means?

Gekkouga is the best name. Keep it for the english name! If the ninja gym leader can be koga, we can have that plus gekko.

Any insight into what burigaron means?

I am completely stumped on the other two. Gekogashira means ribbit + head of an organisation (like a Yakuza sect), but can't figure out Kouga in Gekkouga.

Burigaron has me completely stumped. I assume it's French, since both predecessors names include French references in the name, but cannot find anything.

I've never been very good with Japanese name meanings.

dammit...

I am on the brink of switching to #TeamFennekin

#TeamCheapin, please forgive my insolence...

I switched!

I remember it like it was yesterday ...

I woke up, jumped onto /VP/, enlarged the image of the starters and once I saw that fatty fat fuck I actually said "NOOOoooooo!!!" out loud. Really, it was a mini-vador-NOOOOO moment.

We can only hope GF pulls a Feraligatr on us by bringing in a awesome final evol for him well allowing that THING to just be a awkward teen stage ...

DaBoss

Mafoxy sounds like they can change it to Magifoxy for English.

We can only hope GF pulls a Feraligatr on us by bringing in a awesome final evol for him well allowing that THING to just be a awkward teen stage ...

Croconaw was awesome.

So PokéBOMB XIII is tomorrow with all of the info in English. Who's making it?

Croconaw was awesome.

Yeah, an awesomely strange looking hiccup in my favorite water starter line. Not UGLY but ya gotta admit ... that pattern on it's body is very far off from bother stages.

Thank goodness Feraligatr went back to looking like a "bigger version" of it's first stage.

It's tail. It may look feminine but there's no way they'd be strictly one gender.

... Why do people do this when others refer to Pokemon as "She/ Her"?

I'm sure you and anyone else who points this out would NOT do the same when someone refers to a Pokemon breed as "He".

backlot

Yeah, an awesomely strange looking hiccup in my favorite water starter line. Not UGLY but ya gotta admit ... that pattern on it's body is very far off from bother stages.

Thank goodness Feraligatr went back to looking like a "bigger version" of it's first stage.

I thought the caveman crocodile thing was cool.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, English names can get Pokebomb too? Then again English names are news and it's a summation of everything.

Neiteio

Well, English names, art, screens and stuff. That's news and not posted or postable here due to being in scan form so far. Why not have a new thread?
Just do what I did with Pyroar: Make it a numbered sequel to the current PokeBomb, Final Fantasy-style. So in this case, Pokémon XII-3: English names for new Pokémon.

DaBoss

Personally, I want a simple title that will tell someone what the thread contains, so:
The Final PokéBOMB XIII: 2nd Stage Starters; More New Pokémon; More Megalutions

Substitute XIII with XII-3 if you would like to.

Admittedly it is strange, it weirdly

Wait, English names can get Pokebomb too? Then again English names are news and it's a summation of everything.

That's what happened every other time. We get threads for the scans, but since we can't post them, there is a new thread for when the English site posts the stuff and everyone can see them.

Just do what I did with Pyroar: Make it a numbered sequel to the current PokeBomb, Final Fantasy-style. So in this case, Pokémon XII-3: English names for new Pokémon.

Sounds good enough to me. Can't wait for Trimeranian, Meowstick, Tyrannojawrus, Bronticle, Chusk, Tailuna, and Ribboss. :p

Busaiku

They absolutely deserve PokeBOMBs, so more people are aware of the English names.
I purposely avoid even reading the names nowadays before the English releases.

Personally, I want a simple title that will tell someone what the thread contains, so:
The Final PokéBOMB XIII: 2nd Stage Starters; More New Pokémon; More Megalutions

Yeah that sounds pretty decent. And the probable Pokemon news after that could be called PokeBomb Returns or something like that. Its a bit surprising that we haven't seen any legendaries aside from the cover legendaries and the Mega-Mewtwos. Hasn't it in previous games where we got to see at least another legendary prior to release

zroid

Banned

I agree with this, mainly because I think there will be one more batch of news before the game is released, and the final thread should be XIII :p

DaBoss

Yeah that sounds pretty decent. And the probable Pokemon news after that could be called PokeBomb Returns or something like that. Its a bit surprising that we haven't seen any legendaries aside from the cover legendaries and the Mega-Mewtwos. Hasn't it in previous games where we got to see at least another legendary prior to release

I think it is the "cute" legendary we get to see before. Not sure though, I never really paid attention before.

I agree with this, mainly because I think there will be one more batch of news before the game is released, and the final thread should be XIII :p

True, so this should be good:
PokéBOMB XIII-3:English|2nd Stage Starters|New Pokémon|New Megalutions|Type Chart

tumblr_mt1hzxxnN61si5mm4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt1hzxxnN61si5mm4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt1hzxxnN61si5mm4o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt1hzxxnN61si5mm4o9_1280.jpg

Source
tumblr_mt1ho9h9fn1si5mm4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt1ho9h9fn1si5mm4o2_1280.jpg

Source

TrickRoom

Those last two are worthy of card art.

Not going to quote it because everyone else is, lol.

Burigaron (Chespin's)
Gekkouga (Froakie's)
Mafoxy (Fennekin's)

It might be even more involved; They could be making a pun of "Mafo", as in "Maho" (魔法). Overlap!

Dr. Buni

... Why do people do this when others refer to Pokemon as "She/ Her"?

I'm sure you and anyone else who points this out would NOT do the same when someone refers to a Pokemon breed as "He".
Because referring to a Pokémon that can have both genders as "he" or "she" she makes no sense? It is okay if you are referring to your specific Pokémon, but calling the whole Teerunaa species as "she" is just nonsense. Mine will definitely be male, but I still call Teerunaa "it" when talking to other people on internet boards. People are free to call the Pokémon whatever they want, though, it is just very annoying .

Anyway, while I like Haribogu's design, I am bit sad the "bogu" part wasn't related to Kendo equipment ;_; A Kendo practitioner Grass-type starter would be so awesome.

Zaventem

Man hydreigon was my favorite dragon he got hit hard with these changes :( he's already fragile as fuck so 4x weakness is doing it no favors.

Top Bottom