• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XII: The Final CoroCountdown

Even worse, it's the wrong "it's/its". ;P

Ha!

Because referring to a Pokémon that can have both genders as "he" or "she" she makes no sense?.

You're missing my point sir.

I said that I don't get why I ONLY see people "correct" others when someone refers to a Pokemon as "She". Never do I see someone pop up and go "You mean "IT", not "HE" ... get it right!" when someone just refers to a breed as "he".

Example: I could post something like this ...
"Coooool, look at Mega Blastoise! He has friggin ARM CANNONS! :D"

How many people are gonna jump in and remind me that there are female Blastoise? No one, that's how many.

So if someone's gonna correct the "She" group I better see them be just as picky on the other group or else I don't really care to read it.

Dragon/Fighting just seems so crazy to me.
I mean, how would it look.
Bruce Lee reference!

Or a Haxorus Mega! Axe face turns into a Battle Axe Wielding Dragon!

Dr. Buni

You're missing my point sir.

I said that I don't get why I ONLY see people "correct" others when someone refers to a Pokemon as "She". Never do I see someone pop up and go "You mean "IT", not "HE" ... get it right!" when someone just refers to a breed as "he".

Example: I could post something like this ...
"Coooool, look at Mega Blastoise! He has friggin ARM CANNONS! :D"

How many people are gonna jump in and remind me that there are female Blastoise? No one, that's how many.

So if someone's gonna correct the "She" group I better see them be just as picky on the other group or else I don't really care to read it.

I missed your point indeed. In that case, I agree with your statement.

PS: I am not a sir.

PS2: Hariboogu is cute as heck, it is my second favorite of the evolutions, after Renamon

tumblr_mszd362zfm1r778tfo1_r1_500.png

http://verceri.tumblr.com/post/60963351614/duo-i-think-ill-draw-fenns-duo-next-time

Never ...

But that Fox evol went from being completely under my radar until I looked at it and noticed that ... it looks like its heavily based on a magic girl!

Friggin Magic-Girl Fox Pokemon? Top it off with an awesome Female Mage/ witch evol that has a broomstick or a STAFF and I'm there all day!

I can, at the moment, see something like this happening.

Have a feeling I'm going to regret this post.

olympia

I can, at the moment, see something like this happening (minus the sexy of the second one).

Have a feeling I'm going to regret this post.

Those are terrible.

I mean the art is good in the first one but the idea just isn't there for me.

The starters are awful. I think I'm just going to go with Chespin. Which will be weird since I only chose fire.

Those are terrible.

I mean the art is good in the first one but the idea just isn't there for me.

The starters are awful. I think I'm just going to go with Chespin. Which will be weird since I only chose fire.

Well, I was just going with the tail-broom/witch angle and that was what I found. :p

Partition

Banned
Isn't Fennekin's final supposed to be Fire/Psychic?

Why would it become a witch when the other witch Pokemon are dark type?

I think it will end up carrying the stick in it's hand like Alakazam's spoon or it will become a wizard type staff.

takriel

The BW starters' evos were leaked before the release (but everybody said they were fake :lol).

Haha wow, that must have hurt (if the developers actually heard that).

And good that we won't be shown the final evos; I'd like to find out for myself, yet can't help but read every new infos about the games.

Yeah, I remember people saying that Samurott was a Dialga rip off or something.

Yeah, Serperior was Milotic, Emboar was Rhyperior, and Samurott was Dialga. People had all sorts of ridiculous 'evidence' that they were fake - even after scans appeared of the things proving they were real.

Styles

I did not expect Fennekin's evolution to look like. I was hoping it would follow similar to that of Ninetale's and Aranine's designs.The only starter evolution I'm really feeling at the moment is Froakie's, unfortunately. The other two so far have been bleh.

Dr. Buni

Yeah, Serperior was Milotic, Emboar was Rhyperior, and Samurott was Dialga. People had all sorts of ridiculous 'evidence' that they were fake - even after scans appeared of the things proving they were real.

I admit I thought the similarities between their designs shapes was kinda strange, but I don't like labeling stuff as fake like most people, I'd rather wait for confirmation. Also it was quite funny watching people's reaction when they officially revealed the evolutions.

Stefan™;81582541 said:
I did not expect Fennekin's evolution to look like. I was hoping it would follow similar to that of Ninetale's and Aranine's designs.

I don't get this. You wanted a Ninetales rip off instead of the creative design Game Freak gave to Teerunaa? Why?

Keyouta

Teruuna uses the stick in it's rail as a wand from what people can tell by the scan. Lots of the art seems to be using it as a broom, though I guess it could be both.

I'm also out after the English details are released, keep myself away from anything spoilery.

I'm still astonished at how little we know about the games.
I suppose that, unlike Black and White, there's been a tonne of new mechanics and genuine game changers to show off, meaning that specific game info doesn't need to be shown off.

You're right, though. We know next to nothing of the plot, of the progression through the region, of the locations, we've seen comparatively little overworld footage at all- it's kind of amazing how much they're keeping back. All the more reason to go into a blackout, for me- I might not get the chance to go into a Pokémon game so clean again.

JoeM86

I suppose that, unlike Black and White, there's been a tonne of new mechanics and genuine game changers to show off, meaning that specific game info doesn't need to be shown off.

You're right, though. We know next to nothing of the plot, of the progression through the region, of the locations, we've seen comparatively little overworld footage at all- it's kind of amazing how much they're keeping back. All the more reason to go into a blackout, for me- I might not get the chance to go into a Pokémon game so clean again.

Indeed. It's pretty exciting, and they are clamped right down on leaks too so it should be fine. We're not likely to get much between now and October 12th

sure.

i won't look at any new info

"PokeBomb XVIII: all X/Y Pokemon leaked, major plot spoilers inside"

*clicks*

at least i will get the game a couple days early...

Indeed. It's pretty exciting, and they are clamped right down on leaks too so it should be fine. We're not likely to get much between now and October 12th
I wish I could be sure, but it's only been a day since IGN leaked Pyroar completely out of nowhere. As soon as journalists have their copies for review, nowhere's safe.
UK? Potential postal strike on October 10th so don't get your hopes up
My in store preorder continues to look like a good idea. :)

JoeM86

I wish I could be sure, but it's only been a day since IGN leaked Pyroar completely out of nowhere. As soon as journalists have their copies for review, nowhere's safe.

Review places have strict restrictions about what they can post, even what can be in the review. If things leak, they get in trouble and potentially lose access to review material in the future.

Pyroar wasn't really a leak (beyond the pictures going up early) but an IGN exclusive reveal yesterday.

Where are the English details? :(

Give it between 3 and 6 more hours

Review places have strict restrictions about what they can post, even what can be in the review. If things leak, they get in trouble and potentially lose access to review material in the future.
That was true last time, and that didn't stop the entire Pokedex from leaking before launch. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as final copies are out and about, it's simply a matter of time.

JoeM86

That was true last time, and that didn't stop the entire Pokedex from leaking before launch. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as final copies are out and about, it's simply a matter of time.

You don't need to remind me of that :p

However, that wasn't really a magazine leak. Instead, a magazine employee got access to inside information and images (they were from an alpha build, there are some subtle differences) and then reposted them. That's why cease and desists were sent out; they were alpha images. Review stuff went without a hitch. Outlets know that if they leak things, they will be prosecuted and lose access to stuff in the future.

Keyouta

It was also very easy to extract the data from the DS games, which is what happened. People will actually have to play through the games this time. But you still make a good point.

I also think it's pretty cool that Pokemon they announce in the future for this generation won't be known since we can't get info on the game cartridge files. And, if we did, the Pokemon might not even be in the game to begin with, since 3DS titles can be updated.

Dr. Buni

People on tumblr must be anxious to know the english names and change their URLs :p

@JoeM86: Why do you say the English stuff will be released in 3~6 hours? Any reasons to believe that? I am just curious.

I sincerely hope you're right, but I'm not taking the chance. If Hiro or someone leaks the Pokedex again, I want to be nowhere near.
@JoeM86: Why do you say the English stuff will be released in 3~6 hours? Any reasons to believe that? I am just curious.
They tend to put localised Coro Coro info up at 2pm BST on the X and Y site.

Top Bottom