• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Oh COME ON, IDIOT. I just tried to transfer a low CP/low IV Squirtle, but hit "evolve" by mistake. Daaaammit.

It asks you to confirm if you wish to evolve as well. That sucks :(

I feel something similar, I accidentally transferred my Pidgeot without paying too much attention.

ajf009

Went on a walk today with my dogs, saw 2 nidoran, a pidgey, rat, and seadra-didn't catch a single one even though i had multiple 'great' throws AND i used raspberries. Man they really fucked this game up since release, i think i preferred playing it with the constant crashes

(mat)

Went on a walk today with my dogs, saw 2 nidoran, a pidgey, rat, and seadra-didn't catch a single one even though i had multiple 'great' throws AND i used raspberries. Man they really fucked this game up since release, i think i preferred playing it with the constant crashes

I've noticed that today in particular, I'm getting a lot of 1 pokeball captures, actually.

Wasted 3 Razz Berries and multiple Pokeballs on a Raticate of all things.

Can't be too upset at the "bugged" catch rates though. A Magneton I encountered a few days ago broke out and fled, but later showed up in my Journal and it turns out I actually caught it.

ajf009

I've noticed that today in particular, I'm getting a lot of 1 pokeball captures, actually.

and to be fair, I've experience that on occasion as well! But more often than not lately I've been experiencing this terrible change in gameplay, whats the point of playing if more than half time I can't catch anything

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The difference between a 100% IV and a 90% IV Pokemon is that the 100% Pokemon inflicts, on average, 2.17% more damage in battle before fainting (slightly more for the top tier Pokemon).

Should be slightly less for top tier Pokemon, surely? X+15 is a 100% increase when X is 15 and a 10% increase when X is 150; so 'mons with higher base stats notice the influence of IVs less.

I hope this isn't the giant one from my phone but someone put a Muk at my local gym. Wasn't he supposed to be glitched?

NyHU9P5.png

My stupid Eevees won't stop turning into Vaporeon. Including both the 100% I've found. This probably would make most people happy but I am trying to have a team of super buff Lightning pokemons to be a cool person.

Guardian

Banned
My stupid Eevees won't stop turning into Vaporeon. Including both the 100% I've found. This probably would make most people happy but I am trying to have a team of super buff Lightning pokemons to be a cool person.
Because of how crappy Flareon IV is. You probably will never get anything good even with 100% IV Eevees.

A friend of mine got Twister too, sucks. I need like 30 more candy for mine, about the same IV as yours.
i hate how this game doesn't let's you learn moves. It's stupid as hell. Now I gotta grind again.

Because of how crappy Flareon IV is. You probably will never get anything good even with 100% IV Eevees.

I don't really want Flareons. I want Jolteons!

Name it "Sparky" next time. ;)

I already exhausted all the nickname tricks (from before I knew what IVs were). Unless you can do it more than once?

I guess I am very very lucky my 95% Gyarados got Hydro Pump. I would feel sad if I got Twister. lol

My first Gyarados was a 98% and it got Hydro Pump. But no self-respecting member of team Instinct such as myself is going to use water pokemans.

GulAtiCa

I already exhausted all the nickname tricks (from before I knew what IVs were). Unless you can do it more than once?

From what I heard, you can only do it once for each time, but apparently it resets and can do it again if you do it for all 3. I'm going to give it a shot next time I get a 600+ CP Eevee.

From what I heard, you can only do it once for each time, but apparently it resets and can do it again if you do it for all 3. I'm going to give it a shot next time I get a 600+ CP Eevee.

Guess it won't hurt to try the next time I get a high 90s Eevee. I have a full roster (that is, 6) of 90-100% Vaporeons that I guess I'm just holding onto in case trading is ever a thing.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
How far is the area effect of the lure? Do I need to be close enough to the Pokestop that I can spin it?

This one is the closest to my office, but I'm not close enough to spin it. It's been getting lures throughout the day (it's right in front of a school) and I'm assuming the effect reaches here since I got my first Slowpoke and Ekans while it was active.

(I actually went downstairs and got that Horsea, but missed the Hitmonlee because lol no tracking).

Guardian

Banned
I guess I am very very lucky my 95% Gyarados got Hydro Pump. I would feel sad if I got Twister. lol
Get out of here with your balls rubbing in my face. *Salty*

Sorry that's what I meant. Jolteon.

Someone on here said that if you evolve Eevee by cycling through all the nicknames. Then once you get back to Sparky. You should get a Jolteon.

I tried that and it worked.

I did Rainer(Vaporeon) -> Pyro(Flareon) -> Sparky(Jolteon)

Then repeat. My next one I named it Rainer and got a Vaporeon.

So for your case. You should probably save your best Eevee for the Sparky nickname.
------
I know I can find Gyarados in the wild. That's not my concern. It's just a pain in the butt to grind to 400 candies again AND find a Magikarp that has 90%+ IV.

Syntsui

How far is the area effect of the lure? Do I need to be close enough to the Pokestop that I can spin it?

This one is the closest to my office, but I'm not close enough to spin it. It's been getting lures throughout the day (it's right in front of a school) and I'm assuming the effect reaches here since I got my first Slowpoke and Ekans while it was active.

(I actually went downstairs and got that Horsea, but missed the Hitmonlee because lol no tracking).
It doesn't reach, unfortunately. I'm surrounded by two constantly lured stops and I get fucking nothing :(

Fuu

It doesn't reach, unfortunately. I'm surrounded by two constantly lured stops and I get fucking nothing :(
Hmm I see. Maybe the fact that the character spazzes out a little while the GPS adjusts helps a bit because sometimes he gets closer to the stop then walks back by himself.

Fuu

It sucks because both at work and at home I'm close to a Pokestop, but not enough that I can spin it without going outside lol.

Anyway, my first 5km and 10km eggs hatched earlier today, I got a Vulpix and an Omanyte respectively. I haven't seen either in the wild so I'm happy. At 42 caught/seen now.

HardRojo

Niantic probably wants me to buy storage upgrades now that I can't decide on a whim which Pokémon to transfer without Pokeadvisor. It was so great coming back home, checking my catches of the day and transferring what I didn't need. Calculating inaccurately one by one isn't fun, it feels just like breeding back in the day, completely boring.

dmr87

Someone on here said that if you evolve Eevee by cycling through all the nicknames. Then once you get back to Sparky. You should get a Jolteon.

I tried that and it worked.

I did Rainer(Vaporeon) -> Pyro(Flareon) -> Sparky(Jolteon)

Then repeat. My next one I named it Rainer and got a Vaporeon.

I went through all three and did a Pyro as the 3rd, then I tried Rainer and got another Flareon. So I would say that yours were a coincidence.

Azole

Neo Member
Niantic probably wants me to buy storage upgrades now that I can't decide on a whim which Pokémon to transfer without Pokeadvisor. It was so great coming back home, checking my catches of the day and transferring what I didn't need. Calculating inaccurately one by one isn't fun, it feels just like breeding back in the day, completely boring.

I actually find that part fun... Low cp mons that I don't need will automatically get transferred (common mons around here that is). After calculating so many mons individually, you kind of know what to look for. After a day of hunting, it is exciting to go back home and calculate the IVs.

Edit: with Pokemon assistant, it is very hard to miscalculate... There are set stats and when you input the wrong information, it will tell you that there is no data for what was inputted.

I used my first Incense last night. It was mostly lackluster. The vast majority were Pidgeys, Weedles, and Ratatta. I was walking the whole time, which means that I was getting lots of spawns.

I don't know for sure if had the pink smoke around it, but Porygon showed up during the early part of the 30 min. Since that monster doesn't show up around my area, I'm guessing that was the one noteworthy Incense spawn.

I caught the Porygon, and it is very strong for my level.
I have 4 of these Incenses, and I'll be getting another one when I reach level 15 (I'm at 14). I wouldn't spend my money on these items.

The only items that are really tempting are incubators.

I used my first Incense last night. It was mostly lackluster. The vast majority were Pidgeys, Weedles, and Ratatta. I was walking the whole time, which means that I was getting lots of spawns.

I don't know for sure if had the pink smoke around it, but Porygon showed up during the early part of the 30 min. Since that monster doesn't show up around my area, I'm guessing that was the one noteworthy Incense spawn.

I caught the Porygon, and it is very strong for my level.
I have 4 of these Incenses, and I'll be getting another one when I reach level 15 (I'm at 14). I wouldn't spend my money on these items.

The only items that are really tempting are incubators.

Incense for me for the most part was always a waste of time. Only time I got something decent was a Scyther. Other than him nothing but Pidgeys and Ratattas

Crazy what you can learn playing this, it turns out that a building I always thought was a buddhist temple is actually a temple of a cult called Mahikari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom