• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par Score

I hope this isn't the giant one from my phone but someone put a Muk at my local gym. Wasn't he supposed to be glitched?

Grimer causes a number of older Android devices running older versions of the Android OS to crash. I have no idea if Muk is the same.

I don't really want Flareons. I want Jolteons!

Jolteons are sadly even worse than Flareons, compared to the god killer that is Vaporeon.

Pretty much all electric types suck due to the way stats are distributed.

taybul

What is the most popular/accurate IV calculator?

I started using GOIV, but it's on Android. It's a screen overlay that uses OCR to read the stats of the pokemon you bring up on screen. Can't speak for the accuracy of the tool but given how it works (ie, only reading what's on screen), I think it should be safe from Niantic's grubby fingers for a while.

Le-mo

Lookie what I came across while at the Park today!

dIvJSKH.jpg

I hate you.

Syntsui

Grimer causes a number of older Android devices running older versions of the Android OS to crash. I have no idea if Muk is the same.

Jolteons are sadly even worse than Flareons, compared to the god killer that is Vaporeon.

I confirm that Grimer makes my Moto X (2nd gen) on Android 6.0 crash.

Guess I'll just have to be the very best like no one ever was... by ruling the region with my electric type exclusively!

PMS341

I confirm that Grimer makes my Moto X (2nd gen) on Android 6.0 crash.

Glad/not glad to see this bug existing - I thought I was crazy. HTC One M8 crashes on any Grimer. Haven't found a Muk yet.

Can't update my Android version either because for whatever reason, the install requires 16 GB of free space - the amount of space my phone barely has. Don't really feel like formatting completely at the moment.

AdanVC

Lookie what I came across while at the Park today!

dIvJSKH.jpg

So jelly! Evolving the starters is so damn difficult. The only option seeing them on the wild like this and capture them. I choose a Charmander as my starter and I still don't have enough candies yet to evolve him into a Charmeleon : / And I have only capture two Bulbasurs and not a single Squirtle yet...

So jelly! Evolving the starters is so damn difficult. The only option seeing them on the wild like this and capture them. I choose a Charmander as my starter and I still don't have enough candies yet to evolve him into a Charmeleon : / And I have only capture two Bulbasurs and not a single Squirtle yet...

I chose Squirtle and have only ever had two of them, the second being hatched from a 2km. When PokeVision was running I tried to look around for Squirtle spawns and did not find a single one in my entire county. Feels bad man.

Sh0k

Is a Gyarados with Dragon Breath and Dragon Pulse any good? I'm mostly trying to collect as many Pokemons as possible, but considering that it took me a long time to collect 400 candies to get this Gyarados, I was curious about the move set.

ExVicis

I started with Charmanderb myself but the only evolved starter I have is Bulbasaur. The only reason for that though is I hatched one a round a few others. Now I need that hatched one to evolve because that Pokemon has 100% IV.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It'd be interesting to know what kind of pokemon are (super) common in your region, and which ones you wished were more common (because they are in other regions/countries).

Obvious super common: pidgey/rattata/weedle
Other commons: drowzee/caterpie/spearow/zubat/psyduck/poliwag/staryu/magikarp/goldeen/krabby/venonat/
Common elsewhere, rare here: growlithe/eevee/ekans/doduo/meowth/mankey/bellsprout/nidoran

Have not seen a single growlithe anywhere, same for doduo. I've seen that old rarity chart, and doduo was listed as 'virtually everywhere', that has to be in the US then.

It'd be interesting to know what kind of pokemon are (super) common in your region, and which ones you wished were more common (because they are in other regions/countries).

Other commons: drowzee/caterpie/spearow/zubat/psyduck/poliwag/staryu/magikarp/goldeen/krabby/venonat/
Common elsewhere, rare here: growlithe/eevee/ekans/doduo/meowth/mankey/bellsprout/nidoran

Have not seen a single growlithe anywhere, same for doduo. I've seen that old rarity chart, and doduo was listed as 'virtually everywhere', that has to be US only then.

I live in Hollywood, CA and the most common ones are Rattatas, Geodudes, Mankeys, Growlithes, Doduos and Zubats.

I'm in University District in Seattle right now and there seem to be tons of Eevees here, along with Pidgeys, Weedels and Caterpies.I wish I had these at home since it makes it easier to level up compared to Geodudes and Doduos. Also, Drowzees and Ghastlies are more common.

Vipu

Banned
From what I heard, you can only do it once for each time, but apparently it resets and can do it again if you do it for all 3. I'm going to give it a shot next time I get a 600+ CP Eevee.

Tried this, worked first 3 times, did again 3 each worked, tried again 3 each, didnt work.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I live in Hollywood, CA and the most common ones are Rattatas, Geodudes, Mankeys, Growlithes, Doduos and Zubats.

I'm in University District in Seattle right now and there seem to be tons of Eevees here, along with Pidgeys, Weedels and Caterpies.I wish I had these at home since it makes it easier to level up compared to Geodudes and Doduos. Also, Drowzees and Ghastlies are more common.

I'm jealous of your selection, especially the eevees and growlithes. Since they're so good for battles, I'd love to have a Vaporeon and Arcanine.

ManaMiku

Banned
I caught hundreds of Bulbasaurs, Charmanders, Squirtles, Pikachus, Ivysaurs and even a Venusaur. All of their IVs were terribly bad. I mean, not a single one is even above 60%.

I was wondering why in gym battles, why my 1400 Venusaur just narrowly beat a 1250 Vaporeon, when clearly - water type attacks should be weak against grass types, and grass type attacks should be super effective against water types.

Yes it said "Super effective!" when Venusaur attacks, and "It's not effective.." when Vaporeon attacks but it barely shows the effects. (Well it did, it showed that Vaporeon is stronger than Venusaur even though it lost by 1 hit).

But again, having a good look at my Venusaur's IV it shows.

I heard the only way I can get a good Bulba, Charmander, Pikachu or Squirtle is when they are hatched from an egg. Bummer.

Did it run after a single escape

Haha, nope! Got super lucky!

It is. I only just hatched my first ever Charmander, haven't even SEEN one in the wild!

Joni

Have not seen a single growlithe anywhere, same for doduo. I've seen that old rarity chart, and doduo was listed as 'virtually everywhere', that has to be in the US then.

Super Common: Pidgey/Rattatta/Spearow/Drowzee/Weedle
Common: Mankey/Caterpie/Magikarp/Venonat/Krabby/Magikarp/Poliwag/Nidoran/Bellsprout
Unbelievably rare: anything fire.

adamy

Banned
I caught hundreds of Bulbasaurs, Charmanders, Squirtles, Pikachus, Ivysaurs and even a Venusaur. All of their IVs were terribly bad. I mean, not a single one is even above 60%.

I was wondering why in gym battles, why my 1400 Venusaur just narrowly beat a 1250 Vaporeon, when clearly - water type attacks should be weak against grass types, and grass type attacks should be super effective against water types.

Yes it said "Super effective!" when Venusaur attacks, and "It's not effective.." when Vaporeon attacks but it barely shows the effects.

But again, having a good look at my Venusaur's IV it shows.

I heard the only way I can get a good Bulba, Charmander, Pikachu or Squirtle I heard is when they are hatched from an egg. Bummer.

This is what made me become obsessed with IV

Spent so much dust and candy on my main Charizard only to have him fucking suck, turns out he's 11% IV

zroid

Banned
So depressing when you finally catch a rare Pokémon, but it's pretty much useless because you have 3 candies. :(

breeding to farm candies can't come soon enough tbh

ManaMiku

Banned
This is what made me become obsessed with IV

Spent so much dust and candy on my main Charizard only to have him fucking suck, turns out he's 11% IV

LOL, get in line! I was so happy I got a Charizard 4 weeks ago, he was once a Charmander mind you! Like you, spent a lot on stardust and candy on him...ONLY to find out 5 days ago he's useless. 1 attack power? 0 defense? Really? :(

deanote666

Gold Member
its part of the system to get you to spend more money you want to try and get the perfect pokemon but they are randomized stat wise so you gotta keep farming for perfect pokemon if you could get what you wanted easily you would spend less money trying to catch the thing you wanted they want you to constantly catch stuff so you have to get more pokeballs

That's under the assumption you don't live in a small town where you only get the common junk with the very rare exception.

Awayze

Neo Member
I'm on level 15, only have Charmander from an egg, seen zero fire Pokemon and got zero 10km eggs. Far too many Pokemon flee, a Weepinbell should up, went and found it and it ran away and I'll never see one again.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Started playing with two of the online IV calculators that don't require a login and my Bulbasaur with the lowest CP is the strongest by a huge margin.

I wasn't planning on bothering with IV, but this shit cray. No turning back now.

SuomiDude

Ugh... My 10k was an Aerodactyl. A worse one than the one I already had. Disappointing.
I just got a fucking Eevee... again. Second time I got Eevee from 10k egg. And I didn't even get a better Jolteon like I hoped for after I evolved it, but a third Vaporeon instead. I already have a good Vaporeon, so a good Jolteon would've been nice (even if it isn't that good in Go). Well hopefully at least one of my 5k eggs is good (I have 6 of them and currently one going).
Also can't really complain, because this game has gotten me to walk so much more compared to before I started playing the game :)

GulAtiCa

I've been seeing Jigglypuff around a lot more lately. Already like 1/4th my way to my next Wigglytuff and I just evolved one the other day.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Anyone playing the game on a Huawei G Play Mini (CHC-U03)? A relative installed the app on their phone but on the map screen it has some glitches here and then. I'm willing to bet it's due the O.S (It's on 4.4) but I was wondering if it might be due the phone not meeting the minimum specs to run in general, which would be really odd.

For the new page. Any help would be really appreciated.

Chaos17

I got the radar / nearby tool pokemonnearby io - back up -- for the moment anyway.

(if they have implemented any account bans server side then it might stop working after load, or time, or other things I don't know about yet).

Pokeradar for gaffers, posting for new page.

How far is the area effect of the lure? Do I need to be close enough to the Pokestop that I can spin it?

This one is the closest to my office, but I'm not close enough to spin it. It's been getting lures throughout the day (it's right in front of a school) and I'm assuming the effect reaches here since I got my first Slowpoke and Ekans while it was active.

(I actually went downstairs and got that Horsea, but missed the Hitmonlee because lol no tracking).

you can't spin it, but you can cap the pokemon that come from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom