• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
lol:

29ca843318e347099039ed4200ab855c.png

Jarsonot

Even if that were the case, you're still effectively going blind without an indicator of how close you are to the first pokemon on the list.

But if it drops down on he list you know you're going in the wrong direction. You can actually hunt for them now.

Toki767

But if it drops down on he list you know you're going in the wrong direction. You can actually hunt for them now.

Technically I guess. But man, 700 feet is like over the length of 2 football fields. As is, it still just feels like a stab in the dark for 15 minute spawns.

Chaos17

Even if that were the case, you're still effectively going blind without an indicator of how close you are to the first pokemon on the list.

Didn't said it was better but that the list auto updating when you get close to a pokemon isn't as bad as a before, imo.
BUT! we need more testing to be sure. The grass should've changed at least when you get closed to have a visual "confirmation".

Awayze

Neo Member
700 feet radius with a time limit is going to be hard when playing on your own and there's a time limit on the spawning Pokemon.

Found a Fearow. Gave it a Razz and used a Great Ball, and it ran away. I know there was a Voltorb and Hitmonchan around too, but it being hot out here and not willing to walk all around again, I just stopped. Also got a Bulbasaur in my bedroom this morning.

Jarsonot

Technically I guess. But man, 700 feet is like over the length of 2 football fields. As is, it still just feels like a stab in the dark for 15 minute spawns.

700 feet radius with a time limit is going to be hard when playing on your own and there's a time limit on the spawning Pokemon.

I agree, but that's only for the furthest away. Also, I'd rather have a large radius than a small, even if it means getting to the really far ones may be difficult.

I checked the Sightings before and after catching a Pidgey. It disappeared from the list after the catch.

I will check if the tracking works at a later time.

Up on the iOS store with a slightly different update list. What's interesting is this:

"We're currently testing a variation of the 'Nearby Pokémon' feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI."

So it seems not everyone will be getting this part of the update and they will be tweaking it independently from any patches along the way.

So wait. Niantic identified three issues related to catching Pokemon in a recent tweet: throw accuracy, higher chance of escape, and missing XP bonuses. Today's patch notes say they fixed the accuracy of curveballs and the missing XP bonuses.

Nothing about the escape bug?

Oh, also, it sounds like they're A/B testing some different implementations of a new tracker. May I humbly suggest to Niantic that the version they gave me, the one that drastically reduced the number of pokemon I see to no more than four or five at a time, is probably NOT the one you want to go with.

Boney

Banned
Uhm the game froze on me and had to close the app. Tried to connect immediately and couldn't so after a while I tried again and my account reversed to level 1 and had a bulbasaur (which I ever had) and a pidgey I caught before noticing the reset.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Ah nvm logged with a different mail

Chaos17

Oh, also, it sounds like they're A/B testing some different implementations of a new tracker. May I humbly suggest to Niantic that the version they gave me, the one that drastically reduced the number of pokemon I see to no more than four or five at a time, is probably NOT the one you want to go with.

scan mimited to 700 feet (200 meters) it seems
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4wsrgx/pokemon_go_update_20160808/d69m1r9

Edit: people below click on the link to get explanation for new nearby from fast testing from fans.

Kssio_Aug

Lure Module and Incenses has the same effectivity?

Also, I couldn't notice a difference between the new sightings system and the old nearby one. Someone cares to explain?

Zomba13

Just updated, also got the sightings, unsure about that... ANYWAY, Sighting: Flareon! Pops up right on me! ??? CP, use 1 berry, 1 great ball, CAUGHT, and somehow curveball exp. So far this update is alright.

EDIT: oooh it's 800CP Ember and Fire Blast.

Anyone else can confirm ? Someone on Reddit confirmed that testing and was able to find a pokemon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4wsrgx/pokemon_go_update_20160808/d69m1r9

Someone on Reddit confirmed that testing and was able to find a pokemon.

Well, I opened up sightings and selected a Pokémon and it crashed my phone... so maybe?

Yrael

Why am I seeing a minimal and max % ?

fcpw9Gy-.jpg:large

The IV calculators aren't precise. There are usually a number of different IV combinations that could lead to the stats you see, particularly if your Pokemon is still low level.

Should be slightly less for top tier Pokemon, surely? X+15 is a 100% increase when X is 15 and a 10% increase when X is 150; so 'mons with higher base stats notice the influence of IVs less.

Yes you're right, sorry, for some reason I went and mentally swapped the two columns in the chart I linked to without thinking (I think because whoever made the chart claimed the first group was all evolved Pokemon, then put it in the second column. I also blame my sleepiness, lol). 2.17% is the damage increase for top tier Pokemon, 2.63% for Pokemon across the board. Just click the link to see the full list. The difference is tiny either way.

The patch notes mention that they're testing a variation with a subset of users, and that the UI experience may change for some people. That's not 100% confirmation of A/B testing or the existence of more than one implementation, of course, but that's kind of what it sounds like to me.

If the range is, in fact, 700ft for everyone, then that's either a reduction in range or a sign that spawns have decreased in my area, and I'm heavily betting on the former. I've rarely had my screen not show a full grid of pokemon. Today, the screen was always no more than half full.

EDIT: though if the top comment in that Reddit thread is true and the list removes duplicate pokemon, that actually might explain the discrepancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom