• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

PROGRESS, friends

READING

learning

FUN

reads lists

The sign of growth, and success

Now this is [Mafia]

Now we're [Mafia]

more reads lists

more

Ty4on

Personally I didn't find anything about the initial Ty40n/Sophia/Darryl exchange alignment indicative. But I feel like it's provided a safe talking point for people to make themselves look they're contributing.
Do you think all three of us are town?

4. Blargonaut [m]

Came in commenting that he will blaze it. went to sleep after it and woke up and made a funny response to kawl who stated that he "dislike(s) honing in on particular groups of people so early." followed by a vote on StanleyPalmtree. Reacts to salva speculating about how the pokemon trainer work by saying "Interesting". Gorlak votes Salva and Blarg responds to that by saying that he is bored and wants to have a conversation. Asks me what my favourite pokemon is and creates an avatar for me. mocks Ty4on for using funny words such as "agenda-y and el topo for him saying that he has more posts than LP-Kiddo.
Tries to mock Roy and El topo. dissapears just to come back and call out sophia who called him coaster. "Dear Sophia, I'm just waitingSigned, Blargonaut" wants to have a conversation with her. Gets asked by sawkneeds why he voted stan. He responds with a poem. Mocks Salva in the same Post. Tells sawneeks that it she will get townie points if she lists the merits of why reading interactions between two people is important.
Responds to sophia who is saying that it bothers her how sawneeks is playing "...more...agressive"by telling her that it is "practically pokemon go go power raging".
Tries to engage other players to discuss the Setup with Pokemons and Pokemon Trainers. Talks about a game idea that would make a lot of money.

Thats it. not a lot of info to gather but thats just blarg. I dont know what to think of it.
I am sure that if he gets more heat under his belt he will deliver.

But for now

Neutral feelings about this guy.

DWgrull.gif

Ty4on

El Topo [m]

Senpai please notice me. The sequel??
Coast city until getting called out by LP and backed up by Sophia. Topo was in favor of quantity over quality which is not a good look and seemed immediately heated. Attempt to turn the whole argument around and get everyone looking at Sophia—which isn’t the first time this has happened in this thread by others. Many people want us to look at Sophia. Scum.
This is a kinda weird read. El Topo phrased it weirdly by attacking L_P for having fewer posts, but I really doubt he genuinely believes in quantity over quality. He later clarified that he thought L_P was scummy for masquerading a read as contribution.

*Splinter

VOTE: Christina Mackenzie

Glad we got a little Sophia bandwagon going. No way I'd actually lynch her today (a conversation driver lynched over D1 vibes? Please), and CM's vote comes late enough in the conversation to look opportunistic to me (plus I was already suspicious of him so thats all a neat little package).

Alternatively I'd consider Salva and Topo. Both more null than scum but have given me no reason to keep them around. Actually I'd say Topo is slightly scummier for leaning on his personal meta.

I wanted to call out the melonrabbit but I see she has started posting reads at least, will wait to see the rest. Bronx has also promised reads soon™ so I'll wait for those before I pass judgement.

I think I was a bit hasty townreading Ty, his posts have felt a bit... self-conscious? Less sure of him now.

Still trust Sawneeks. Also trust nin, for now.

I like Dusk, not super confident on his alignment but he doesn't pull his punches, would like to keep him around for now at least to see who else he bumps into.

Struggling to read Roy. His posts feel reasonable to me but then people point out he didn't actually say much. I'll give him a light town read for now - his defense felt reasonable at least.

Hmm who else?

Verelios bumped into Dusk but then retreated into the shadows, not feeling great about him.

Ynnek claims he is busy but will be around later, will withhold judgement until then.

Blarg continues to Blarg, not too concerned with him for now.

Haven't seen much of Darryl since my last reads. Guess he is still a null but I won't be lynching him today.

Stan is a slightly concerning null. He doesn't feel that different to previous games but I also don't know much of what he thinks about this game. Ehhhh can't decide. I'm not against lynching him at this point.

Barry is catching up, whatever.

Ok who did I miss?

Ty4on

VOTE: Christina Mackenzie

Glad we got a little Sophia bandwagon going. No way I'd actually lynch her today (a conversation driver lynched over D1 vibes? Please), and CM's vote comes late enough in the conversation to look opportunistic to me (plus I was already suspicious of him so thats all a neat little package).
Boooooo

*Splinter

I missed Fireblend (Fireblend is in this game??), Flush (scum), Ferret (null) and Gorlak (how could I forget Gorlak?)

Hmm...

Sophia

I'd be okay with a Christina Mackenzie or SalvaPot lynch. Bronx maybe too but I guess he's gonna join us once he gets out of class?

There's also nin, who has done a whole lot of nothing.

Honestly, it's hard to get a read on people for some reason. There's a lot of players and a lot of passive activity that's really anti-townish. I have a fairly good read on everyone active, but not a good read on the people who are being passive.

This actually doesn't make me feel confident about you, believe it or not. :p

I missed Fireblend (Fireblend is in this game??), Flush (scum), Ferret (null) and Gorlak (how could I forget Gorlak?)

Hmm...

Fireblend's been here and there. Royal I'm not sure about because his behavior reminds me of how he was as scum in Bachelor Party. and yeah Gorlak seems like wasn't here until the last page.

There, fixed it. And didn't even burn my dinner in the meantime \o/. You can always look up the games supported by the tool on the main page.

Current one for your convenience:

stanleypalmtree (0)
christina mackenzie 48 (400)
blargonaut 179 (294)

nin1000 (1)
sophia 59 (74)
roytheone 423

sophia (2)
ty4on 96
fireblend 232 (374)
*splinter 237 (459)
christina mackenzie 400

verelios (1)
sawneeks 97

ty4on (1)
darryl 123

*splinter (1)
melonrabbit 134

salvapot (1)
gorlak 197 (222)
gorlak 424

roytheone (0)
gorlak 222 (424)

unmasked ferret (1)
lone_prodigy 259

lone_prodigy (1)
el topo 275

bronx-man (1)
sophia 323 (462)
stanleypalmtree 442

hyperactivity (1)
fireblend 374

christina mackenzie (1)
*splinter 459

Sophia

Bear with me today, I'm out of it a bit because I didn't get much sleep.

Actually, Nin, how do you feel about the more inactive players? I noticed your read of Roy, and that was helpful (he's not really standing out to me beyond his vote to you, which worries me) but anyone else that immediately strikes you as trying to hide under the radar?

Darryl

Banned
If I had to go with a player to lynch today, it'd probably be FireBlend.

Vote: FireBlend

His posting has been so inoffensive that I haven't been noticing it. Plus he ignored me that one time.

My reads A-Z.

Blargonaut [m]

Our post leader. To be expected as it is Blarg. Usually by this point on in D1, Blargonaut has found someone or some conspiracy to tunnel begins spouting some wild and crazy theories. Since this has yet to happen he seems like he’s most coast-y than normal. Null.

*snip*

-y am the sea-y

nin1000

Banned
Be aware that most that will be said now was already mentioned in the Sophia post since they interacted a lot.

Ty4on [m]
Comes in to respond to sophias bait by saying that he did not know that Mafia was called Team Rocket and telling Sophia that he has " no issue with Nin's first few posts and he's been an easy mislynch target for scum in the past. Doesn't quite look like scum hunting to me." Sophia then asks him what his thoughts on my no-lynch suggestion are, he responds by telling her that its "kinda Nin-like and not very popular in today's meta" and "not very alignment indicative". Then asks sophia what her plan in this game is going to be. He is somewhat staggered by her saying "staying alive" and puts a vote on her. Since she reacts to that he asks her if she reads him as a scum player. Explains to me the benefits of Lynching people, since "The lynch is the only tool town has to kill people". Gets voted on by Darryl who said that his "Arguing for a day lynch can feel like you are asking to be held with more responsibility, which shows some comfort. ". Asks him why his post is so long and why he singled out him and not other players such as Sawneeks. Asks him what he thinks about Sophia. and created a theory that "A Sophia-Darryl team is just too obvious.". Goes to bed. wakes up and explains why sophia and daryll could be a team but also says agrees with everyone ".. that it's bold though," but still stands by his words and his thoughts. Daryll explains himself and Ty4on responds that it looks "Agenday". Explaining later on that daryll is tunnelling on him and that he is "throwing accusations and shifting the burden of proof over to me. ". Says he wants to take a look at Ferret ( he never did ) Again daryll explains his reasoning and Ty4on again tries to defend his thoughts on why he thinks that it could be possible that he could be scum. Asks LP what he thinks of El-Topo.Daryll makes a argument saying that he " was just pointing stuff out. It's obvious that you don't really know what you're arguing about. I think that the sheer recklessness and disregard in your posts makes me think you're leaning town." with that the argument is dead for now and T4yon goes on to ask him about his thoughts on other players.
Calls out Roy for " trying to have all the opinions.". Asks sophia why she is so much focusing on me. Asks Sawneeks about her thoughts on other players such as Gorlak and L_P. comments on darryl who was saying that it is far fetched to "town read" anyone at this stage ( talking about sawneeks). He thinks that such thoughts can get "the ball rolling and gives us a point in Splinter's read of Saw so we get a better idea of his views evolved." Explains that he has no Town reads atm. His " main tool is looking at other people's reads and it's hard when they don't have any. " says that he dislikes that some people are alredy being called "town" even though he cant get his head around why someone would call them town at this stage. Posts a short List of players from town to scum. Top: Gorlak / Scummiest:Sophia

besides sophia he has been also one of the man posters in this Day phase. He had his fair share of heat since his argument with daryll but i dont see him as a danger to town.

Normal vibes about this guy

nin1000

Banned
Actually, Nin, how do you feel about the more inactive players? I noticed your read of Roy, and that was helpful (he's not really standing out to me beyond his vote to you, which worries me) but anyone else that immediately strikes you as trying to hide under the radar?

I will give bronx the benefit of the doubt for now and hope Dusk will say something soon aswell. More reads will follow

Fireblend

Banned
If I had to go with a player to lynch today, it'd probably be FireBlend.

Vote: FireBlend

His posting has been so inoffensive that I haven't been noticing it. Plus he ignored me that one time.
Eh, I tried getting something out of Sophia earlier and then my next target got replaced like 10 posts after. And I must have missed that post you're referring to, but the way you spelt my name makes me not regret it.

Darryl

Banned
Eh, I tried getting something out of Sophia earlier and then my next target got replaced like 10 posts after. And I must have missed that post you're referring to, but the way you spelt my name makes me not regret it.

If passivity and "eh" is the best reaction you can muster towards being essentially an obstruction to people trying to find scum than maybe voting on you is the right idea

Verelios

Sorry for not posting much earlier today, I haven't felt great since waking up and staring at screens doesn't help. I'm going back over stuff now.

I meant to ask before but forgot but what does the bolded mean btw? Is it a reference I'm not getting?
It's not really a reference, just a comparison between Pokemon who want other Pokemon to be free (or dead!) and freedom fighters.

So you won't take a hard stance on any of those three yet you are more than willing to go after folks who are either 'trying to snuff it out' or 'fan the flames'. So....almost everyone who is commenting on it except for those who are staying completely out of it? That's a pretty large group. Anybody in particular who is trying to either 'snuff it out/fan the flames' that gathers your attention?

hrm

And I frankly agree with Dusk, that last part feels like you're reaching here. Although considering Dusk has not contributed much either I'm not feeling alright with either of you. :/
I'm going to first say, commenting on this and then saying you don't feel alright with either me or Dusk is really misleading, it could mean anything or nothing, especially when you preface your post by calling me out.

And, to answer you, I didn't take a hard stance on the three of them because I thought their interactions weren't indicative of scum play, which I explained in my post. Unless you saw differently?

This is a kinda weird read. El Topo phrased it weirdly by attacking L_P for having fewer posts, but I really doubt he genuinely believes in quantity over quality. He later clarified that he thought L_P was scummy for masquerading a read as contribution.

LP has contributed to the discussion at large, unprompted I might add. El Topo only started getting serious when called out. I find the redirection towards Sophia far more damning personally.

Ty4on

Packing and plane trip ahead ._.
Gonna read a bit on board and hopefully contribute before bed when I finally get back to my desktop computer.

I have work tomorrow (1600GMT) and can't be active for the deadline so if any Americans have questions ask them tonight.

LP has contributed to the discussion at large, unprompted I might add. El Topo only started getting serious when called out. I find the redirection towards Sophia far more damning personally.
I don't agree with El Topo's opinions, but I found your read of him a little shallow.

What redirection towards Sophia?

#1 - roytheone [m]
i5ypvCF.jpg

#2 - Sophia [f]
6UYS34g.gif

#3 - Dusk Soldier [m]
dQFuIgK.png

#4 - Blargonaut [m]
YPeF5ks.jpg

#5 - Bronx-Man [m]
g2jGb0Z.gif

#6 - Ty4on [m]
SZnV6eK.gif

#7 - SalvaPot [m]
PaXumhL.gif

#8 - Fireblend [m]
Uy0KaCx.gif

#9 - Royal_Flush [m]
BersmbU.jpg

#10 - Darryl [m]
qlmDKHY.gif

#11 - El Topo [m]
dgZ9vvK.jpg

#12 - melonrabbit [f]
olvIT2H.gif

#13 - Unmasked Ferret [m]
PzqBzPI.jpg

#14 - Gorlak [m]
t2xtG4e.gif

#15 - Sawneeks [f]
b2wV8e0.gif

#16 - Hyperactivity [m] --> Barrylocke [m]
Vh9ehwr.jpg

#17 - Lone_Prodigy [m]
KQ9Y5Yr.jpg

#18 - Ynnek7 [m]
KbM8XST.gif

#19 - StanleyPalmtree [m]
kJPfUre.jpg

#20 - Kawl_USC [m] --> *Splinter [m]
L1WV8L6.gif

#21 - nin1000 [m]
AP2DoS1.gif

#22 - Verelios [m]
XtuNusc.jpg

#23 - Christina Mackenzie [m]
vOZKbjE.gif

On D1, everything is going to be a bit shallow. Agreed. However, getting so worked up in the quantity of posts from someone that is active and responding and attempting to scum hunt is weird to me.

1. Who said anything about voting for someone due to post counts? Please give a post for this claim.
2. Please explain yourself in detail on LP and his assessments. I see nothing of value and Sophia hasn't tried to explain her trust in LP either, instead resorting to hollow phrases like "He came out with a fairly decent observation". About as brilliant as when people in PiR thought they had caught a slip up by WAMD.

The name dropping Sophia in this thread is kinda out of control.

Fireblend

Banned
If passivity and "eh" is the best reaction you can muster towards being essentially an obstruction to people trying to find scum than maybe voting on you is the right idea
That is some next-level begging the question. If I was being such a critical roadblock to victory you should've said so in the first place. What obstruction is that, again?

Also,

Unvote

Since Hyper is no more.

Sophia

The name dropping Sophia in this thread is kinda out of control.

I really should compile notes on who's doing it, because there's almost certainly one scum to be found there.

Might make that my task in a bit. Right now I'm kind of just reading the conversation

Also I can't possibly lynch Blarg in good consciousnesses today simply because of the Calvin and Hobbes comics, rofl.

Darryl

Banned
That is some next-level begging the question. If I was being such a critical roadblock to victory you should've said so in the first place. What obstruction is that, again?

Also,

Unvote

Since Hyper is no more.

I'm voting on you so if you're not scum you're wasting my time that could've been spent trying to find scum. You're obviously not going to succeed at it yourself since you were too busy letting your vote comfortably sit on some guy who was in the process of dropping out (and you had next to no reason to let your vote sit on him to begin with - dude was a hard null in a sea of nulls).

Ynnek7

Oh man, it's day one so I'm not comfortable really writing anyone down as town (or scum, really) but that reads list is a great way to get people emotionally invested in the game.

Like his read of me: "I've been a bit busy, but am I coming across as bored? Have I made claims to be building up something big, only to dissapoint myself and the group? I have to do better!"

Part 1.

Fireblend [m]

Originally comments on the Ty-Sophia-Darryl convo and gives a healthy amount of skepticism and makes to note that others pointed it out to him (define these others. Who exactly?) Shortly thereafter has a vote-in on Sophia, doesn’t really explain it and kinda disappears from the thread after Sophia responds to him. Reappear and backpedal away from the Sophia-Darryl-Ty stuff and puts a vote on Hyper? After claiming to have little direction one way or another. I get chasing inactives but it seems little a tactic to distance himself from having to explain his Sophia call-out. This gives me a bad feeling. Scum.

Gorlak [m]

Wanted to Ty4on to talk about Sophia. Hmm. Really I don’t have much here but this stood out here. Null.

Hyperactivity (Barrylocke [m]) - I’ve got nothing here. Please post your reads. How are you feeling about D1?

Lone_Prodigy [m]

Mr. Quality Over Quantity. Honesty I think LP hit the nail on the head when he asks Ferret why he felt the need to direct everyone attention to Ty4on, Sophia and Darryl. The topic of these three has felt forced to me since it was introduced and I’m wary of anyone not questioning it. There also seems to be an undercurrent of people (Fireblend, El Topo, Gorlak and others) of singling out Sophia, for some reason. I think LP has given solid reads and seems be genuinely contributing instead of merely pretending. I feel mostly confident in his towness. Town.

nin1000 [m]

nin is all over the place again. Jokes about being scum, mislynching etc. Doesn’t seem very interested in engaging in conversations other than wasting time by weakly pushing a no lynch strategy. Started posting reading throughout the thread, some still to be getting lost in the natural flow of conversation. There seems to be an effort put into the each of the reads, however I want to wait and read them all once when he’s completed them to really be about to comment. For now but gut feels a little off on this one. Leaning Scum.

Royal_Flush [m]

Not a whole lot here until #344 which gives very little in the way of reads. Does mention we should stop looking at Ty-Sophia and Darryl as a thing. Later starting grouping more people together such as myself, Sawneeks, and Ferret although I’m not particular sure as to why that is. Royal, if you could clarify that would be most helpful. Null.

roytheone [m]

This this post of his:

Man, who should I vote on?

Fireblend......

......or El topo?

One the one hand, lynching Fireblend will secure a victory.

On the other hand, El topo is.....El topo.

Choices, choices.

Links both Fireblend and El Topo together. Both of whom are acting very a little off today. Roy later goes after El Topo once LP has brought him to everyone attention and Roy and El Topo go back and forth for a few pages. Reading it now is coming across as an attempt from Roy to bus. Somehow ends up with a vote on Nin??

Not sure how to feel about this one.

We'll get to the Ss after I have lunch.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm voting on you so if you're not scum you're wasting my time that could've been spent trying to find scum. You're obviously not going to succeed at it yourself since you were too busy letting your vote comfortably sit on some guy who was in the process of dropping out (and you had next to no reason to let your vote sit on him to begin with - dude was a hard null in a sea of nulls).
Well, I agree this is a waste of time, specially if you're recognizing it's not leading to any meaningful read and you're pretty much forcing me to waste our time and blaming me for it. You're just being dismissive for the sake of being dismissive.

And I'd actually rather vote for an inactive again than one of the active posters so far because of how ambivalent I feel towards them. We're still 24 hours away from the end of the day after all and prodding isn't useless. And then there's people like Bronx, Varelios and even Ferret who were active at some point but now are kinda missing (though Bronx said he'd show up soon?).

Verelios

Well, I agree this is a waste of time, specially if you're recognizing it's not leading to any meaningful read and you're pretty much forcing me to waste our time and blaming me for it. You're just being dismissive for the sake of being dismissive.

And I'd actually rather vote for an inactive again than one of the active posters so far because of how ambivalent I feel towards them. We're still 24 hours away from the end of the day after all and prodding isn't useless. And then there's people like Bronx, Varelios and even Ferret who were active at some point but now are kinda missing (though Bronx said he'd show up soon?).
What? I'm on this page, literally 20 Posts above you.

Ty4on

*Tunnel*
This reads as a backpedal when Fireblend flips town.
I really should compile notes on who's doing it, because there's almost certainly one scum to be found there.

Might make that my task in a bit. Right now I'm kind of just reading the conversation

Also I can't possibly lynch Blarg in good consciousnesses today simply because of the Calvin and Hobbes comics, rofl.
We'd as a whole new dimension to them if you flipped town.
*Tunnel*

Activating flight mode :/

Sophia

Ty4on was first to vote for me:

VOTE: Sophia

But Sawneeks was first to bring up me and Ty4on together, if only in the context of a casual read.

Not at the moment besides you and Sophia, but then again like half the player list hasn't even checked in yet.

You know, I was on board until you said Water pokemon are the best. Fire pokemon are clearly superior. I mean, have you seen Typhlosion?

It's not really about being fair, it's about starting to look for reactions, connections between people, and vote patterns. You can Scum Hunt based on gut reads but vote records don't lie. We give that up we basically give up a Day of Scum Hunting we can use later on.

What do you mean be 'we all learn something'? What do we learn if everyone's vote is predetermined and not chosen by them? :/

Hmmmmm. I guess I can see where you're coming from here? I just don't agree, we don't learn anything from a No Lynch and playing safe gets us nowhere.

Then we get this from Ty4on:

Bedtime and if last night is any indication these painkillers make me sleep a long time -_-

A Sophia-Darryl team is just too obvious.

I wanna speak with you tomorrow, Darryl. I didn't see anything solvey in your last post. I know your style is going hard on people, but your argument was so diluted in that long post. There's no analysis of what I wrote, just a big slab of justification for why what I wrote was scummy.

After that, we get this from Unmasked Ferret which comes out of nowhere. Noticeably, he hasn't voted for me, and still hasn't.

OK cool. So pretty basic question but how do you feel about the Ty4on, Sophia, Darryl triangle?

There's this quote from Melon

Right on.

It has been a little bit since I played with Darryl. Actually, I believe it was my very first game Danny Phantom. He seems himself. But I’ve also played with him as town. I don’t necessarily see any immediately fault with his logic/arguments.

I’ve seen Ty on both sides. He tends to act a little too perfect townie when he’s scum. The fact that Ty4on and Darryl are already locked into a debate definitely tells me they are taking this seriously. Ty4on rebuffing Darryl’s claims as overelaborate could be seem as being overly defensive or scummy. Normally I wouldn’t think either would be so quick to jump into a feud—Day One when nothing else is happening and no one else is really talking to one another. However, I do recall Ty4on saying that his biggest challenge with being scum is creating natural conversations with scummates instead of avoiding them in the thread. So, perhaps that what is going on here?

Out of the triangle, I find Sophia defense of Ty4on interesting. Especially, after so soon their playful banter calling each other scum. But again, I'm not sure any of them would be so obvious. Unless we are already in WIFOM mode.

How are you feeling about them?

She later clarifies that this was a misread on her part.

Was referring to this post, Sophia.

But I misread who it was it was a response to, originally thought it was Darryl. I see now it was Nin.

Not really reading anyone of three as scum. Although I have a very limited profile for Darryl and he could admittedly fall into that blind spot.

Fireblend then chimes in saying this

After playing 2 mini games in a row the amount of players in this one is dizzying. I've thought "wait, xxxxx is playing too?" like 10 times today, and people just keep checking in. Also, I kind of want to lynch Stan just because of that avatar, but then again maybe Hyper has precedence because of his flavor in the mini game. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, it seems like the discussion has been gravitating towards the usual day 1 lynch vs no lynch dance (I wouldn't put much stock on any side of this conversation), some Sophia-Ty banter that seemed oddly safe to me, and then some more believable Darryl-Ty stuff. Not super indicative of anything (specially since the game's barely started) but worth keeping in mind I suppose.

Also other than both of them engaging with Ty I don't see any Darryl-Sophia connection. Sawneeks and Ferret mentioned a triangle but it looks more like a disconnected graph to me :p did I miss something?

This strikes me out because, honestly, it's a real safe read to make if you're scum. At the same time, I have seen town players make this observation too so it's not particularly strong either way.

Sawneeks brings up the connection here, asking for Kawl's thoughts on it, but we never get it.

How did I forget you were in this game, you even posted and yet I didn't remember you were here. D:

What's up, Royal. How have you been? Thoughts so far?

I agree, but it was that or just ask you your thoughts on the events so far which have included:

1. Ty-Sophia-Darryl
2. Nin 'No Lynch' 2.2
3. a shit ton of fluff

Figured I'd ask you about the interesting topic rather than the large, fluff covered mess.

Then she brings up this series of posts in resposne to Fireblend

For Ty-Sophia it was these:

Darryl isn't directly connected to Sophia per say but having all the above happen only to get this in response:

Was strange. Scum!Darryl jumping in for Scum!Sophia? Doubtful, that's incredibly bold to play, not to mention it's early on Day 1 and that kind of #gambit would backfire easily as time goes on.

Perhaps 'triangle' isn't the right word here but after Ty-Sophia had their back-and-forth earlier they were 'connected' in my mind. So having Darryl suddenly pop in to go after Ty it got him grouped into that space as well. I think with the amount of fluff going on so far having any sort of active scum hunting got those individuals to stand out to me and those 3 just grouped together in my mind given the order of events.

Although after I posted about the trio, Sophia comes in with this:

so there is a better sophia-darryl connection, albeit a light one.

The amount of effort into this is a slight town read so far.

Then there's this from Unmasked Ferret

Yeah, no you're right triangle wasn't really the right word or shape or connection of lines to use. Not that it really even matters. (Sophia did say HI DARRYl but I think that's just a thing she does, but Ty also brought up a Sophia-Darryl combo being too obvious so I kinda made a connection)

Confirming that he did bring it up because Ty mentioned it.

Next we get this Sawneeks reply to Fireblend

I wanted to get my thoughts out, so sue me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

By the way, you mentioned you found Sophia and Ty's discussion to be 'oddly safe'. What do you mean by that, something stick out to you?

After that we get Gorlak coming in

The back and forth between Sophia and Ty4on seems a bit forced, like they try to break their Love Boat bond today and purposely put some distance between themselves.

I haven't noticed any difference in nin to be honest. All this talk of having changed and being a new player sounds like a distraction.

Verelios let's random vote everyone messes up our chance of finding any scum based on D1 vote record. Bad idea.

Darryl's argument against Ty4on can be copied 1:1 against Sophia. They have both argued the same way against nin, while Sophia was even more direct at confronting nin. I agree with Darryl that another "lynch/no lynch" discussion at the start of a game is tiresome and won't bring any benefits in the long run. But I'd go as far and say that this discussion is not alignment indicative whatsoever. I've seen dozens of town and scum players arguing for and against it. What I'm interested in is according to your logic, why did you choose Ty over Sophia?

While reading this thread it's interesting that several players point at this trio, just like I did. Looks like that's the only interesting thing going on for now.

Kawl blaming town for honing in on a group of people early, is a clever way for scum to divert the attention.

Mister I'm not reading should be a policy lynch. I hate that attitude.
Vote: Salvapot

Also can we lynch Blarg soon?

Again, another easy observation to make if you're scum. Given Gorlak's past play style I don't feel as confident about this one being a potential townie action as I did with Fireblend. But that's just my gut speaking.

More to come.

Fireblend

Banned
What? I'm on this page, literally 20 Posts above you.
You're right, I take the bit about inactivity back, though I'd still say that doesn't remove you from my list. As far as I can tell most of what you've done so far is reference a convo with Ty, Splinter and Dusk and been on the defense since then despite them not really going after you. And you've chosen to ignore/deflect the one vote you actually have on you.

Speaking of, Sawneeks' had that vote on you since forever. Saw, you feeling comfortable with that vote collecting dust there?

Sophia

Onto the next page for me, Page 3

We get this comment from Royal.

I find neither of those to be odd. Ty-Soph looks like a friendly banter, Ty-Darryl like usual X-Darryl stuff.

Doesn't particularly stand out. Maybe slightly townish? I don't know. Royal's a very perceptive player and is not likely to make easy mistakes if he's scum.

Afterwords, we get Roy chiming in on it.

This day seems like a pretty typical day 1. Lots of fluff and jokes and people monkeying around, Darryl pressuring people, Blarg being Blarg and not very useful. There were some points of interest, mainly the standard lynch/no-lynch discussion and the Darryl-sophia-ty4on interactions. I can see Darryl's argument how defending day 1 lynch could be an easy way for scum to appear active and pro town (since no-lynch is often seen as anti-town). On the other hand, we don't have much to discuss yet so I wouldn't fault Ty4on for giving his opinion about it. His reaction to Darryl his post was a bit defensive though. I also thought him calling out Sophia's vote on Nin (which came over to me as not a very serious one and more meant to create some activity) which kickstarted the sophia-ty4on interactions was not particularly strong.

He does comment on Ty4on's defensiveness regards to Darryl's vote. I'm slightly inclined to agree with this observation, but only to a degree. If either Darryl or Ty4on flips scum, I'd feel very confident about Roy being town.

After that, we do see some of the defensive behavior from Ty4on

Currently catching up.

I first linked Darryl to Sophia because I struggled to see why a townie would post that, but this post fueled my tunnel.

Look back at the context. Darryl makes his post and Hyper then makes two posts where he's completely oblivious to what's going on.

I do agree with you that it's bold though, that's why I said it was too obvious. I didn't read Disney Princess, but from skimming scum chat it seemed like scum!Darryl wasn't afraid of sticking out.

I'm just having a harder time seeing Darryl's post coming from from a town. What struck me about the post from Darryl is how weak his argument was and what a weird thing to focus on it was in context. Heck, as he pointed out later:

Emphasise mine.

He's throwing shade at fluff posts, but never commented on the fluff posts.

Commenting more on it:

Reading his post again the first two paragraphs are generalized. That's why I commented on it justifying its position. I don't see the reasons he's pointing out here.

The third paragraph mentions me, but really nothing in particular about my post. Also the weird "discussion for discussions sake" comment. I didn't try to start a discussion. I didn't give Nin a question to answer to and I didn't reply to his replies either.

I'm not sure what to make of this right now. Darryl was slightly fluffy in how he worded his post, but not so much in the point he was making so...

Fireblend then votes for me

It's just that it died down quickly and seemed to be mostly going through the motions. I get that it was the start of the game, but I wanted to make a point that it seemed like a less significant convo than Darryl and Ty's.

You seem to think usual Darryl isn't something to be concerned about.

Vote: Sophia

You seem to be around. What do you think of those "grouping" you with Ty and (less so) with Darryl?

Also, fave pokemon is Arcanine. Everyone around me has one on Pokemon Go and I'm still stuck with a couple Growlithes I've hatched from eggs :<

He appears to be following up on the "oddly safe" portion from earlier. Interesting delay between his first comment and the vote, but nothing sticks out

I told it seems like someone trying to make a connection where there is none, and I'm still inclined to agree with that.

VOTE: Sophia

Hang on let me find an avi

Splinter votes me to put pressure on me. Me and Splinter have always butted heads whenever we play, but it usually occurs later on.

He also seems convinced I was scum, at the time. Comments on my impression of Darryl.

Sophia is scum. Her early impression of Darryl was unconvincing and she had a way-too-long argument with nin about whatever.

This was already helpfully pointed out by Darryl, but for some reason he highlighted Ty4on over Sophia. I have a couple of ideas as to why he did this but I'll wait for him to elaborate before I go into them.

Sophia also had that "Darryl isn't being Darryl" enough which - as pointed out by I think Flush - is nonsense. Darryl has been precisely as Darryl as I'd expect up to now, and while I wouldn't go so far as to town-read him I don't think he's done anything scummy or even un-Darryl yet, so I find Sophia's comment lazy. Either generating fake friction with a scum mate or trying to generate a little friction with town-Darryl (that being a reasonably likely way to keep him off your back).

Ty4on himself, already somehow linked with this pair, seems fine to me. Light town read, not much to add at the moment despite his "connection" to the above.

At this point, Ty4on and Splinter both chime in with this

This looks...
*Looks through Mafia dictionary*
Agenday.

Anyhow, what do you think of Sophia?
Oh I forgot

Darryl, ignoring his responses to you since then, why did you choose to highlight Ty4on over Sophia (or anyone else I guess)?

We then get Lone Prodigy's posts on it. He came in unprovoked and provided some interesting opinions and commentary

I'm on Page 2 at the moment. Will get to Page 3 later.

Why draw attention to three players? Their levels of interaction are minimal at best.

It had its desired effect though, as Sawneeks immediately latches on.

And here is a non-committal backpedal. "Yeah maybe there's nothing there but here I am singling out some players so hopefully others run off with this and absolve me of any responsibility in drawing attention to them."

No, you're not getting away that easily.

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

As well as a vote on Ferret. These strike me as a town action.

At any rate, I take note of the connection here

You think it might have just been because Ty brought up a Sophia-Darryl connection?

Either way, interesting.

Related, but I noticed Sawneeks still has her vote on Verelios after he responded to her. You still not feeling confident about him, Saw?

To which LP replies

I must've overlooked that. The triangle comment stuck out more to me, as three are sufficiently large enough to possibly contain a scum member. Town like the better odds and will pick sides.

Ty must've seen Darryl post right after you, but you ignored his introductory post and queried Hyper instead, so he might have seen that as deliberate.

Strikes me as a "Oh I missed that" reaction, which is neutral and not alignment indicative if you ask me.

And then we get this from Darryl.

You don't even defend yourself, so I'm not provoked into elaborating. You attempt to counter-argue and deflect. If I didn't include this line right here, you guaranteed would've responded to this post with some variant of "but why haven't you answered my vague question about Sophia?", like pressuring me into some vague thoughts and feelings about Sophia right now is somehow going to be useful to you later on in the game. I could say that I think Sophia is town, I could say she's scum. Either way she or me flips, it'll be useless because it's a throwaway statement without any sort of commitment behind it. I have very little opinions about most players and I don't have any opinions on Sophia either.

I don't know what to say about the full extent of this yet, but the overall commentary does strike as town!Darryl

Ty refers to it as a scum on scum interaction I think?

Why should I defend against an argument I don't understand?

IMO scum on scum interactions are the strongest tools in this game so obviously I want my biggest scum reads to interact.

That's the end of Page 3, more in a second.

Darryl

Banned

I never said anything about recognizing that it isn't leading to any meaningful read. I'm calling out your passivity. Responses like these are just justifying how little effort you're putting in,

while simultaneously making no effort. Like you're scum and checking off a list about your minimal amount of participation required. "I tried guys, really! I did that one half-hearted thing and another thing happened that was out of my control preventing me from actually trying! Now I've earned my ability to sit on the sidelines. I'll strive to reach the minimal amount of feigned effort next-day phase. I got off easy this time."

You've even started justifying it by turning our attention onto other people that have posted even less.

Top Bottom