• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

Ty4on

I'm not reading in-depth on the bus, but:

I'm not sure what to make of this right now. Darryl was slightly fluffy in how he worded his post, but not so much in the point he was making so...
Elaborate. Both on how I was commenting on Darryl's post and what you perceived Darryl's post as.

Sophia

Page 4.

Verelios chimes in.

I'm back and ready to get lynching. Topic of the day seems centered around Darryl, Ty4on and Sophia. Have to go back and look through the pages for thoughts.

Nothing of particular note. Just mentions the conneciton. I don't have a strong read on him either way.

After that, more from Roy.

2) You say his posts has nothing of value, but it has a vote for ferret in it with reasoning. I don't think many people have given their opinions on ferret yet, so LP explaining his suspicion of Ferret is valuable to me. That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with LP his assessment, I personally don't think Ferret his triangle remark was some kind of scum play to get us to focus on those three, but it is an interesting observation, especially when most conversation up until this point did seem to be about the ty4on-darryl and sophia-ty4on conversations.

This is mainly in regards to El Topo, and notes that he doesn't think Ferret tried to make it a scum play. I'm inclined to agree looking over things.

Darryl then explains why he went after Ty4on over me

There's no real reason why I chose Ty4on other than the fact that he stuck out to me as someone that looked like scum trying to find posts to make. Someone like Sophia was already making a lot of posts so wanting to comment on the flavor of the minute isn't a stand out behavior.

There's someone like Sawneeks but that one is probably for meta reasons in that I tend to call Sawneeks out a lot in the start of every game we've been in and I don't wanna run the same loop every game. It's not that I didn't notice Sawneeks did it, I just didn't wanna talk about it.

His reasoning seems solid looking back at the conversation, although I think he could have done to mention this earlier.

After that, Sawneeks asking for clarification

Just looking for clarification. Is the 'That Post' you are referring to the one where Darryl placed his vote on you and called you out?

Ty comments on my focusing of Nin.

Why are you focusing so much on Nin?

I don't deny it. He's easy to go toe to toe with like Splinter. At the time it was just he was first to respond to my post tho.

Royal chimes in again here

I'm very glad we're shifting away from this Darryl/Ty4on/Sophia stuff because from what I've read they can handle that on their own (without interference) just fine and nothing about the conversation screams "Scum!" in the slightest. I'm not saying they're necessarily Town (though I think Darryl/Ty4on as WW is very unlikely at this point) but I'm not willing to vote on any of them based on what they've shown so far.

He feels glad we're shifting away from the Darryl/Ty4on/Sophia stuff. This strikes me as a bit odd to point out because then it brings it back into people's mins, which has the opposite effect of what he's happy about. Not much else to it tho.

Ty4on posts this list, at the end we get

Still keeping you here:
Darryl

Scummiest:
Sophia

Which is consistent with his vote, although kind of silly. Which was probably his intent. Oh well.

Then we had this post from Verelios bringing up to whole Darryl/Ty4on/Sophia thing again while also throwing shade on what seems to be banter on this part.

We've moved away from the whole Darryl/Ty4on/Sophia bit but I'm going to comment on it anyway because why not? When Darryl first brought up Ty4on's suspicious points I was kind of confused as Sophia showed similar reactions/posts and I didn't find either of them particularly telling. I couldn't quite believe they were acting scummy based on their initial interactions since they could easily brush them off as being game openers to set the mood or asking around. That's perfectly fine to me. On the other hand I also get what Darryl posted, I just don't agree it applies at this time, other than categorizing someone as town at this point in the game being a waste of time.

What I am curious about are the people either fanning the flames or trying to douse them out. But then, that doesn't say much when practically everyone gave their opinions. However-

This exchange stood out to me. I only remembered it because I was posting at about this time, but something about how naturally fluffy this is rubs me the wrong way, even though it might also just be fluff instead of them interacting. Only want to ask Dusk Soldier why they jumped in at that point. I can understand Ty4on, and Splinter already posted his stance but Dusk's was weird to me.

I don't know what to think of this, but whatever. After that, commentary from Sawneeks

Also, I do agree with you Darryl that Sophia and Splinter's ( and I guess by extension also Ty ) sudden Town read, or defense, is really strange.

Sophia's feels...how do I put this...more in line with her train of thought? Like she didn't just suddenly go 'I think Saw is Town!' and instead explained herself a bit and gave examples. Though that is the complete opposite of Splinter and his feels completely out of left field. It was unprompted and sticks out.

Same goes for Ty's weird defense, although that looked more like a questioning of Darryl rather than an a subtle defense of me. Still weird, though.

Not sure what to think of her observation, but the fact that she brought it out gives me townies vibes.

A little bit later she has this

Re: Ty

Didn't end up having as many questions as I thought I did. My only one so far would be in regards to this:

I know you currently read Sophia > Darryl and I'm curious as to why. You've stated over and over that you can't see Town!Darryl making the posts he has and yet you place Sophia above ( or below??? your list was weird and upside-down ) on your Scum list.

Frankly I agree, although mine are based mostly on a gut feeling for Sophia. I'm just trying to get your train of thought in regards as to why it's Sophia > Darryl. Examples would be wonderful as well.

Jumping back to one of Ty's earliest posts. Ty justifies his response on page 5

It's more that there's more doubt with Darryl. I don't have any specific examples of why Sophia is scummier or Darryl is townier to me. The doubt is from Darryl's actions not making terribly much sense from a scum either and his posts being weirdly articulated.

Sophia scum read is still mostly from the initial interaction. She read as someone trying to act townie in front of me rather than someone trying to read me.

So after observing all that in order (up to the relative end of Page 4 with a bit of early Page 5), what have I learned?

• Ty strikes me as slightly scummish
  • Darryl doesn't strike me as scummish.
  • Unmasked Ferret seems to have been leading in from Ty's conversation. Doesn't strike me as scummish unless Ty flips town.
  • Sawneeks is townish from her actions
  • LP strikes me as townish
  • Roy strikes me as townish slightly. His post was a bit safe tho. If Ty flips scum, I'm slightly inclined to believe Roy is town because of how he called out the points. I'm not so sure if Darryl flips scum tho.
  • Fireblend I'm kind of null reading. His vote was delayed, and his first comment was a rather safe observation to make.
  • Definitely a null read on Gorlak. Again, same safe observation to make.
  • Null read on Verelios, as far as this particular subject of
  • Royal's second reply bothered me. Maybe slightly scummish on this topic alone? I don't know, I'll go read over it.
  • I don't feel compelled to vote for anyone based off what I've seen right now. The few people I feel scummish about are also strong talkers too, so..
  • Writing large posts is headache inducing.

Sophia

I'm not reading in-depth on the bus, but:

Elaborate. Both on how I was commenting on Darryl's post and what you perceived Darryl's post as.

How to put it. Basically, I disagree with the assessment that you made there

"He's throwing shade at fluff posts, but never commented on the fluff posts."

And agree with the point Darryl was making, even if he put in a way that was a bit wordy.

Sorry if I wasn't too clear. My my train of thought isn't the best today.

Fireblend

Banned
I never said anything about recognizing that it isn't leading to any meaningful read. I'm calling out your passivity. Responses like these are just justifying how little effort you're putting in, while simultaneously making no effort. Like you're scum and checking off a list about your minimal amount of participation required. "I tried guys, really! I did that one half-hearted thing and another thing happened that was out of my control preventing me from actually trying! Now I've earned my ability to sit on the sidelines. I'll strive to reach the minimal amount of feigned effort next-day phase. I got off easy this time."

You've even started justifying it by turning our attention onto other people that have posted even less.
Sigh. Ok, you're free to think all of that and pursue it as you see fit. I don't think this is going anywhere of value and I'm unwilling to discuss whether I'm playing half heartedly or with minimal effort or whatever it is you're trying to push. I assume everyone here plays to win to the best of their abilities and resources. I've already answered your actual arguments and will continue doing so as long as they have substance to them and are not related to how shitty you perceive my playstyle to be.

Ty4on

And agree with the point Darryl was making, even if he put in a way that was a bit wordy.

I think you're misunderstand my post. I wasn't talking about Darryl's post in that sentence.

And people are complaining I make long posts :D

Anyway, Topo is by far my strongest scum read so far. Seems very thin-skinned and has been quiet since yesterday. Waiting for the storm to calm down? Or just busy?

As much as I like Calvin&Hobbes and do appreciate Blarg actually does something remotely useful, the reads that can be filtered from those strips are basic at best and with some of them I have no clue what they are supposed to mean (e.g. melonrabbit's or mine)

As Darryl is harping on Fireblend already, I will point to the other person that stood out to me for just posting inconsequential things this phase (while not just shitposting): Unmasked Ferret.

Speaking of shitposting: Salva, I hope you will join us in this game soon.

Later starting grouping more people together such as myself, Sawneeks, and Ferret although I’m not particular sure as to why that is. Royal, if you could clarify that would be most helpful.

It was to give context to the quote from gorlak directly above (the post sophia has quoted at the end of her last post 497) where he references people pointing out a "triangle. Afaik you three were the only people who explicitly mentioned that triangle up to that point.

Verelios

You're right, I take the bit about inactivity back, though I'd still say that doesn't remove you from my list. As far as I can tell most of what you've done so far is reference a convo with Ty, Splinter and Dusk and been on the defense since then despite them not really going after you. And you've chosen to ignore/deflect the one vote you actually have on you.

Speaking of, Sawneeks' had that vote on you since forever. Saw, you feeling comfortable with that vote collecting dust there?
I'm comfortable with the vote because there's legitimate reason for it (I guess), going on people not quite liking the rng suggestion. That was my fault, I just threw it out there without really caring or believing it'd go through, but it was a bad look. I can live with that.

Blargonaut is town, I can tell. It hurts but its true.

giphy.gif

SalvaPot

I'm comfortable with the vote because there's legitimate reason for it (I guess), going on people not quite liking the rng suggestion. That was my fault, I just threw it out there without really caring or believing it'd go through, but it was a bad look. I can live with that.

You won't be the first one, buddy, Gafia HATES rng suggestions so its one of the things that will usually get you lynched.

Notice how on day one its all about flimsy excuses to get lynched, its pretty much a free lynch since you can always hide behind the "lack of information" excuse, you know? Don't worry about it.

Sophia

And people are complaining I make long posts :D

Anyway, Topo is by far my strongest scum read so far. Seems very thin-skinned and has been quiet since yesterday. Waiting for the storm to calm down? Or just busy?

What you just saw was my basically notes process, except publicly.

Also, are you willing to commit to that vote? I'm not feeling very strongly about El Topo myself. He's in that same category of people with CM and SalvaPot that feel slightly scummish because they're not really "here" so to speak; coasting along.

And yeah, he has been pretty quiet now that you mentioned it. Just went back and checked and there's basically nothing from him.

Vote: El Topo

As Darryl is harping on Fireblend already, I will point to the other person that stood out to me for just posting inconsequential things this phase (while not just shitposting): Unmasked Ferret.

I phrased that oddly. To clarify: I don't think Fireblend stood out as much as Ferret, and I think there are several others (Ynnek7 and Verelios are of note) who are at a similar level as Fireblend. I would not lynch Fireblend right now.

What you just saw was my basically notes process, except publicly.

Also, are you willing to commit to that vote? I'm not feeling very strongly about El Topo myself. He's in that same category of people with CM and SalvaPot that feel slightly scummish because they're not really "here" so to speak; coasting along.

And yeah, he has been pretty quiet now that you mentioned it. Just went back and checked and there's basically nothing from him.

Vote: El Topo

vote: El Topo

Now that you say it (and I actually did a post-by-user-search, CM also can be added to the "inconsequential" people I listed in my last post. And the first line of this post rubs me in a bad way.

*Splinter

Actually no that would be an unnecessarily brazen defense, wouldn't it?

Hmm

Btw I'll tooootally go through the posts of the four I forgot (Fire, Gorlak, Flush, Ferret) when I'm not in Italy (which will be this day phase).

For now, my gut says Flush, but my heart says Gorlak.

Also I looked at the post Ferret made where he introduced The Triangle and it looks like a reasonable question to me? Darryl had just made a post strongly linking himself to Ty (and in my opinion, Sophia) and Ty had reinforced it by discussing exactly these three a little. Ferret asking other to comment on the situation looks like Mafia 101 to me, and if anyone is to be accused of "making The Triangle a thing" it should be the people who joined that conversation late/uninvited, but even that feels tenuous to me.

In a similar vein, I've seen people accuse several players of dog piling/victimising Sophia. Well, do you town read Sophia? If so say it, and say why. Or do you multiple scum are included in the dog piling? Ok but who, and why those players specifically. At least some of the players attacking Sophia must be town (purely by numbers) so by acusing all her commenters of dog piling you are disrupting genuine Towny scumhunting, and you'd better have a damn good reason to do so.

I'll try and give examples of who is doing this, but if someone beats me to it that's be super.

Ty4on

I like your post Splinter, echoes my thoughts on people commenting on people commenting on the triangle. Jfc what a sentence. Must be a clever Latin/Greek expression for that. Meta comments on the triangle?

I'm curious though as to why Gorlak? Flush as well though he's more of a null to me. Gorlak's first post with reads seemed to flow well and to have come from a stream of conciseness rather than something constructed.

*Splinter

I like your post Splinter, echoes my thoughts on people commenting on people commenting on the triangle. Jfc what a sentence. Must be a clever Latin/Greek expression for that. Meta comments on the triangle?

I'm curious though as to why Gorlak? Flush as well though he's more of a null to me. Gorlak's first post with reads seemed to flow well and to have come from a stream of conciseness rather than something constructed.
It's honestly tenuous, my impression of Gorlak was fine during my first read through the thread. He just stands out as a player I wouldnt normally forget, which tells me he has been less involved in the thread than usual. It's more "he's got my attention suddenly and I need to watch him closer than usual" than an intention to lynch him already.

roytheone said:
Sophia said:
Dusk Soldier said:
Blargonaut said:

Bronx-Man said:
Ty4on said:
Salvapot said:
Fireblend said:
Royal_Flush said:
Darryl said:
melonrabbit said:
Unmasked Ferret said:
Gorlak said:
Sawneeks said:
Barrylocke said:
Lone_Prodigy said:
Ynnek7 said:
*Splinter said:
nin1000 said:
Verelios said:
Christina Mackenzie said:

analysis incoming...

Sawneeks

Banned
Man, I have a lot of people in my blind spot. I can recall some players fairly easily ( Sophia/Ty/Blarg/Splinter ) while others I have trouble remembering what they posted in the early parts of the Day. I'm planning to go back through it all and see what's up, also give Verelios another read over as well, to see if I'm missing something.

Also get one of those sick reads lists going.

Speaking of, Sawneeks' had that vote on you since forever. Saw, you feeling comfortable with that vote collecting dust there?

I think he is acting scummy so, yeah. His posts still have not inspired much confidence and my gut feeling is backing me up on that. Posts a weird alternative voting method not for the intention of it being 'better' than the Normal method in order to replace it but mentions it 'as an idea', proceeds to only talk about that back-and-forth with me and Roy and doesn't move on to other topics until I call him out on it, and then his thoughts on the game are a safe middle ground of 'here's what Sophia/Ty/Darryl did and both sides could be town or scum therefore idk what to really make of it' followed by a reaching deflection over to Dusk.

It's not conclusive but out of everyone else so far he is the one I trust the least. :x

In a similar vein, I've seen people accuse several players of dog piling/victimising Sophia. Well, do you town read Sophia? If so say it, and say why. Or do you multiple scum are included in the dog piling? Ok but who, and why those players specifically. At least some of the players attacking Sophia must be town (purely by numbers) so by acusing all her commenters of dog piling you are disrupting genuine Towny scumhunting, and you'd better have a damn good reason to do so.

I'll try and give examples of who is doing this, but if someone beats me to it that's be super.

I'm actually planning on going back to reread the Day so I'll keep an eye out for this. Gonna be a bit tho

Ynnek7

Okay, let's see if I can contribute at all...

So, my first though was to comment on the Ty4on/Darryl/Sophia triangle, as that seemed to be a big topic. First time reading through the thread, I made nothing of it. Going back through again, the initial Ty/Sophia stuff simply seems like early game banter. I only read a little bit of Love Boat, so I probably missed the meta idea of them as teammates.

Everything that's happened since that initial bit appears to have been documented pretty well by Sophia herself.

I think the first Scum feeling I had all game was from *Splinter.

Sophia is scum. Her early impression of Darryl was unconvincing and she had a way-too-long argument with nin about whatever.

This was already helpfully pointed out by Darryl, but for some reason he highlighted Ty4on over Sophia. I have a couple of ideas as to why he did this but I'll wait for him to elaborate before I go into them.

Sophia also had that "Darryl isn't being Darryl" enough which - as pointed out by I think Flush - is nonsense. Darryl has been precisely as Darryl as I'd expect up to now, and while I wouldn't go so far as to town-read him I don't think he's done anything scummy or even un-Darryl yet, so I find Sophia's comment lazy. Either generating fake friction with a scum mate or trying to generate a little friction with town-Darryl (that being a reasonably likely way to keep him off your back).

I've only ever played with scum *Splinter, where he focused really hard on a town member on Day one. This doesn't seem to be what's happening here, thankfully, as he's already changed his vote CM with what could be a valid reason (their vote appearing opportunistic)

analysis incoming...

Coooooooool!

@Splinter. So your scum read of Flush was a gut read Splinter? Because I was going to ask you to explain it, but if it's just a gut thing (or some sort of regular joke) then there's not really a need.

@Sophia since MelonRabbit's post is what sort of lead into your previous note post, how do you current feel about her?

I phrased that oddly. To clarify: I don't think Fireblend stood out as much as Ferret, and I think there are several others (Ynnek7 and Verelios are of note) who are at a similar level as Fireblend. I would not lynch Fireblend right now.

Stand out in a bad way?

Why Mimikyu? Should have just used Furret, or Quilava.

Sophia

@Sophia since MelonRabbit's post is what sort of lead into your previous note post, how do you current feel about her?

The biggest thing that stands out on her is this:

On D1, everything is going to be a bit shallow. Agreed. However, getting so worked up in the quantity of posts from someone that is active and responding and attempting to scum hunt is weird to me.

The name dropping Sophia in this thread is kinda out of control.

LP has contributed to the discussion at large, unprompted I might add. El Topo only started getting serious when called out. I find the redirection towards Sophia far more damning personally.

Which is interesting, given she seemed pretty interested in the triangle early on.

Right on.

It has been a little bit since I played with Darryl. Actually, I believe it was my very first game Danny Phantom. He seems himself. But I’ve also played with him as town. I don’t necessarily see any immediately fault with his logic/arguments.

I’ve seen Ty on both sides. He tends to act a little too perfect townie when he’s scum. The fact that Ty4on and Darryl are already locked into a debate definitely tells me they are taking this seriously. Ty4on rebuffing Darryl’s claims as overelaborate could be seem as being overly defensive or scummy. Normally I wouldn’t think either would be so quick to jump into a feud—Day One when nothing else is happening and no one else is really talking to one another. However, I do recall Ty4on saying that his biggest challenge with being scum is creating natural conversations with scummates instead of avoiding them in the thread. So, perhaps that what is going on here?

Out of the triangle, I find Sophia defense of Ty4on interesting. Especially, after so soon their playful banter calling each other scum. But again, I'm not sure any of them would be so obvious. Unless we are already in WIFOM mode.

How are you feeling about them?

She did however state that she's not reading any of us as scum a bit later. So I'm not sure what to think. I'm not getting clear scum or town vibes. I need to go over her reads from earlier and see if anything sticks out.

Her commentary on Ty would have bigger implications regarding her if Ty flips town at any point. Without knowing Ty's alignment it's hard to make anything of it tho.

Darryl

Banned
Sigh. Ok, you're free to think all of that and pursue it as you see fit. I don't think this is going anywhere of value and I'm unwilling to discuss whether I'm playing half heartedly or with minimal effort or whatever it is you're trying to push. I assume everyone here plays to win to the best of their abilities and resources. I've already answered your actual arguments and will continue doing so as long as they have substance to them and are not related to how shitty you perceive my playstyle to be.

Playstyles are not your untouchable and unique individual quirks. They're held to scrutiny, and me calling your passive and defeatist playstyle out doesn't mean I'm calling it shitty. So if you're not feigning all of this, chin up. Jesus. I don't like your dismissive and defeatist tone. It's something I see out of town a lot but usually after they've run the piece a little bit and they're one vote away from getting hammered at the very end of the day. They don't usually jump into that bit at the start, unprompted. I think the tone itself shows a comfort with the game and your place in it, which comes easier to scum.

Verelios

Man, I have a lot of people in my blind spot. I can recall some players fairly easily ( Sophia/Ty/Blarg/Splinter ) while others I have trouble remembering what they posted in the early parts of the Day. I'm planning to go back through it all and see what's up, also give Verelios another read over as well, to see if I'm missing something.

Also get one of those sick reads lists going.

I think he is acting scummy so, yeah. His posts still have not inspired much confidence and my gut feeling is backing me up on that. Posts a weird alternative voting method not for the intention of it being 'better' than the Normal method in order to replace it but mentions it 'as an idea', proceeds to only talk about that back-and-forth with me and Roy and doesn't move on to other topics until I call him out on it, and then his thoughts on the game are a safe middle ground of 'here's what Sophia/Ty/Darryl did and both sides could be town or scum therefore idk what to really make of it' followed by a reaching deflection over to Dusk.

It's not conclusive but out of everyone else so far he is the one I trust the least. :x
Well, I disagree =/

Sawneeks

Banned
OK thanks for answering.

To answer you in return I don't really feel one way or another about any of them. None have really done anything unusual , and the discussions they've had are fairly normal.

You might have already answered this ( apologies if you have ) but if you don't feel 'one way or another' about Sophia-Ty-Darryl then why did you group them together and ask Melon what she thought about them?

Seems like a weird thing to do if you don't have a particular opinion about the question you're asking.

Ty4on

Anyhow, could I ask you to do this again?
I was referring to that post. Reword my attack on Darryl in that sentence. I'm not sure who of us are misunderstanding.

Like write it in your own words and clarify things the way you think they were intended to be interpreted.

Stand out in a bad way?

I mean, the quote literally one line above says "stood out [...] for just posting inconsequential things this phase (while not just shitposting)". Judge for yourself if that is bad.

Going to bed now, might be a bit busy tomorrow; I hope I can chime in during the day but I think I will be around at day end. btw, Burb, could you please keep the countdown in the OPs up to date?

Sophia

Anyhow, could I ask you to do this again?

Like write it in your own words and clarify things the way you think they were intended to be interpreted.

Er... I'm not really sure what you're asking here for? I've worded it the best I can, and honestly it's not a big deal because, as I noted, I'm not sure what to make of that post in general.

The biggest thing that stands out on her is this:

At school. I will jump into say that I only commented on the Triangle because Ferret specifically asked me too just as he is now asking you to comment on me. I found it very weird at the time, especially since when I asked for their thoughts in return they had little if anything to share.

My comment helped spark your analysis of people railroading you and now Ferret is back into the discussion? Interesting.

Also not sure what you mean a Ty flip will show as I have yet to post a full read on him? Please explain.

You might have already answered this ( apologies if you have ) but if you don't feel 'one way or another' about Sophia-Ty-Darryl then why did you group them together and ask Melon what she thought about them?

Seems like a weird thing to do if you don't have a particular opinion about the question you're asking.

I'm not the best at reads and analysis (everyone from Princesses can tell you that) so while they're interactions didn't really look like much to me I figured that might not be the case for someone else. Getting a second opinion on something.

The grouping was partially because of Ty's comment about a Darryl-Sophia combo being to obvious, as well as Darryls and Ty's interactions and Ty's and Sophia's interactions.

As an note I did sort of answer this in response to LP earlier

Fireblend

Banned
Playstyles are not your untouchable and unique individual quirks. They're held to scrutiny, and me calling your passive and defeatist playstyle out doesn't mean I'm calling it shitty. So if you're not feigning all of this, chin up. Jesus. I don't like your dismissive and defeatist tone. It's something I see out of town a lot but usually after they've run the piece a little bit and they're one vote away from getting hammered at the very end of the day. They don't usually jump into that bit at the start, unprompted. I think the tone itself shows a comfort with the game and your place in it, which comes easier to scum.
I didn't want to come across as defeatist nor am I calling in-game behavior inscrutable, it's just that we've hit an impasse and unless there's some open question or issue I can refer to keeping the convo going is just tiring and unproductive. I'm playing to win, and I agree asking for pity is not particularly conductive to that :p

Sophia

At school. I will jump into say that I only commented on the Triangle because Ferret specifically asked me too just as he is now asking you to comment on me. I found it very weird at the time, especially since when I asked for their thoughts in return they had little if anything to share.

My comment helped spark your analysis of people railroading you and now Ferret is back into the discussion? Interesting.

Also not sure what you mean a Ty flip will show as I have yet to post a full read on him? Please explain.

The commentary on Ty's playstyle and the WIFOM response takes on a different, and potentially bigger meaning if Ty flips town. That's all. On it's own, it doesn't mean you're scum, and my read on you is pretty null right now.

Ty4on

Er... I'm not really sure what you're asking here for? I've worded it the best I can, and honestly it's not a big deal because, as I noted, I'm not sure what to make of that post in general.

Ok, I was calling Darryl out for subtly calling out fluff posters:
[...]

There's so many wasted posts in this thread and you decide to single me out for being excessive. That's incredible.
While not attacking them directly.

I think you misunderstood and thought I was calling out Darryl's post for being fluffy? At least that's how I interpreted the "wordy" comment in this.

I thought Darryl's post had too many words and a diffuse argument, but whenever I used the word fluff it was referring to other posters and not Darryl.

Sophia

Ok, I was calling Darryl out for subtly calling out fluff posters:

While not attacking them directly.

I think you misunderstood and thought I was calling out Darryl's post for being fluffy? At least that's how I interpreted the "wordy" comment in this.

I thought Darryl's post had too many words and a diffuse argument, but whenever I used the word fluff it was referring to other posters and not Darryl.

Oooh, okay. Now I get it. In that case, I rescind my comment in the look over as it's based on a misunderstanding.

So you can tell a lot about a person from their favourite pokemon. However, some of these choices are a bit problematic. (And no, it's not because they aren't part of the original 151)

These players almost immediately jump out at me.

Bronx-Man said:
Scrafty is a staple evil-team mon. It has a very brazen fighting style. It likes to intimidate it's victims. Has lots of swag and moxie. And some of it's favourite tactics include Theifing items out of your pockets and then flinging them back at you. Always have to be careful going after one because it likes to throw sucker punchs.

Fireblend said:
Arcanine is a lengendary pokemon, which is team rocket's stated goal. Anyone looking to collect powerful legendaries is suspect.

Unmasked Ferret said:
Mimikkyu looks like a harmless pokemon, but it's a trickster that likes to use it's pikachu disguise to throw off would be attackers. If you so happen to be the cop, don't be surprised if this player has the godfather ability. UF already has tried to backpeddle on his favourite pokemon choice here.

Barrylocke said:
Golbat is another staple evil-team mon. Unchecked this thing will just confuse and disorrient town.

VOTE: Fireblend

Arcanine is easily the most threatening of this lot.

*Splinter

@Splinter. So your scum read of Flush was a gut read Splinter? Because I was going to ask you to explain it, but if it's just a gut thing (or some sort of regular joke) then there's not really a need.
Mostly gut, I guess. There was an early post that brought him to my attention, something about "always being a null read for the first x days" or something. Just seems a weird comment to make, like he's putting more consideration into how people view him than in trying to find scum.

Topo started with a similar comment and it's scummy but I think I've seen him do it before, unfortunately, so I can't read into it as much there.

Ty4on

Did anyone else misunderstand my post? Here is the part for context:
I used every sentence in that post and each sentence elaborates on the previous. I didn't point out the obvious, point out anything that other people were going to, or re-state prior opinions. I singled you out because you were the most guilty of taking advantage of the situation for the reasons that I mentioned in my post (the words you skimmed over and deemed them excessive).

There's so many wasted posts in this thread and you decide to single me out for being excessive. That's incredible.
Emphasise mine.

He's throwing shade at fluff posts, but never commented on the fluff posts.
The thing to understand (or misunderstand) is what I attacked Darryl for doing.

Sawneeks

Banned
Dusk, is that a list simply based on Pokemon choices or is based on your reads?

Well, I disagree =/

uh, ok?

I'm not the best at reads and analysis (everyone from Princesses can tell you that) so while they're interactions didn't really look like much to me I figured that might not be the case for someone else. Getting a second opinion on something.

The grouping was partially because of Ty's comment about a Darryl-Sophia combo being to obvious, as well as Darryls and Ty's interactions and Ty's and Sophia's interactions.

As an note I did sort of answer this in response to LP earlier

Hmmmmmmmmm, okay.

I felt like you had explained that last part before, I just couldn't remember exactly where it was. Thank you.

Top Bottom