• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Moon and Sun leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DedValve

Banned
Lunatone and Solrock to finally get their chance!?!?

lmao hell no.

Mega Ninetales and Mega Flygon is all I care about Gamefreak. and an endgame that doesn't suck.

JoeM86

I meant a visual update, something from this century.

Even Nintendo started to update.

P8LKsnZ.gif

:p

I'm still waiting on him to change the Pokedex link on the menu bar from B/W to XYORAS.

Right now it links to

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

When really it should be linking to

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/

Eh? The menu bars link fine

Yeah guys, the pic in that tweet was confirmed to be fake a long time ago. But damn that's one hell of a prediction lol
We all know it means it's coming, I'm just not going to say that on the site just in case they throw an additional curve ball at us.
That and if your site is ever wrong your forums will explode, so you gotta be super cautious to avoid chaos.

Illucio

Banned
Plot twist: Sun and Moon are references to space. Team Galactic were based around a space motif. The games full names are DiamondSun and PearlMoon #GenIVConfirmed

jk but not jk I don't know

Galactic were more focused on creationism and controlling time and space itself to make a new world.

Flame was focused on destroying/growing/resetting the world back to it's original state and have this Adam and Eve concept.

No one had a space exploration motif. Not even Team Rocket who's name can be related to space ship for space travel.

We reached space with Rayquaza in Episode Delta. So seeing Pokemon want to branch off to Sun and Moon seems interesting. Pokemon always like hinting at space Pokemon, so maybe they are taking this one step further?

They're going to pull a Gen V and launch on the old system, aren't they? Game Freak may be a lot of things, but cutting edge they are not.

Mind you, the series did launch on the (by then) ancient Gameboy hardware. I wonder how much control Nintendo have over these decisions...

Razmos

A "prediction"? Really? Sun and Moon is hardly the most original name and has been suggested many many times over the last 20 years.

Zalman

They're going to pull a Gen V and launch on the old system, aren't they? Game Freak may be a lot of things, but cutting edge they are not.

Mind you, the series did launch on the (by then) ancient Gameboy hardware. I wonder how much control Nintendo have over these decisions...
Nintendo wins either way. They get to sell 10 million copies of a game. And we still don't know if this is a new gen or not.

Kinokou

In some cultures Women represent the moon and Men the Sun.
Yes I learned this from Bayonetta

I heard someone theorize that it depends on the climate, if the sun is burning hot it's male, if it is pleasant it's female. No clue if it's true

I'm wasting so much time at work refreshing this thread.

There's nothing quite like Pokémon hype!

Yup. That totally did not happen to me during exams once, nope.

This thread is the perfect example of how the Zelda Cycle is real and is spreading to other Nintendo franchises.

It is very funny how the general opinion in the pokemon direct thread was "wtf 5 min direct? De-hyped", and now this thread is ultra hype, and this is likely what will be in the direct tomorrow.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Not reading through 30+ pages but has anyone mentioned the fact that a hacker a while back found 2 extra slots for the Kalos Pentagon?

Wait really?

Welp....that's (potentially) disheartening.

Though Magiarna and non-name relations don't make this necessarily fit.....unless they tie Xerneas/Yveltal into the sun/moon theme, or this is a 'partial' new region that includes Kalos as well?

trixx

They will not ignore their currently biggest and most active userbase/ they are not committing suicide

yeah I know it's for sure for 3ds. I'm hoping it's still counted as gen 6 though, and gen 7 starts on NX

X and Y was extremely underwhelming, make it a sequel for those games. Perhaps gen 3 part 2 lol

Malrend

Hopefully we'll finally be able to obtain 10 badges before challenging the Elite Four.

Just like Gary Oak

Gary_badges.png

#10outof8

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still not convinced. Still think they're going with the names Pokémon Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate.

Betty

Banned
Nintendo wins either way. They get to sell 10 million copies of a game. And we still don't know if this is a new gen or not.

I kinda feel it has to be a new gen, otherwise it would mean gen 6 is the first gen to get 3 pairs of titles.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
They will not ignore their currently biggest and most active userbase/ they are not committing suicide

Most likely be dual release a la Zelda U/NX, it'd be smart.

But this is TPC, proceed with caution.

TM94

It was always a mad ting when you picked Bulbasaur first, that first gym had no chance when you arrived with him in tow.

Zalman

I kinda feel it has to be a new gen, otherwise it would mean gen 6 is the first gen to get 3 pairs of titles.
Or you can look at it this way: If it isn't Gen 6, it would mean Kalos is the first region to only receive one set of games.

Betty

Banned
Or you can look at it this way: If it isn't Gen 6, it would mean Kalos is the first region to only receive one set of games.

Unless, as people are speculating, we get to return to it post game like Gold/Silver.

Which I'd like because I've never played X & Y.

topplehat

Everyone forgets that n3DS exists and is a bit beefier than OG 3DS, Gamefreak should take advantage of this like they did with GS, or go the Crystal route and make it n3DS exclusive.

trixx

AS/OR counts as gen 6? Haven't played the games, but I thought it still counted as gen 3. I wouldn't be surprised if this takes place in kalos or hoenn, probably kalos.

I'd be surprised if it starts elsewhere, or a new region

Naming it Sun and Moon would be so weird though if it's the third version. It's kind of misleading, right?

AS/OR counts as gen 6? Haven't played the games, but I thought it still counted as gen 3. I wouldn't be surprised if this takes place in kalos or hoenn, probably kalos.

Nah, it's gen 6. Gen 3 is RS and the gen 1 remakes.

sou da was dissing joe's website, not the game engine.
Joe's website's engine isn't very well optimized either. It doesn't even display in 3D most of the time.

If Sun and Moon are Gen 6 games, what could the cover legendaries even be? More Zygarde formes that haven't been revealed yet? Special formes for Zygarde and Yveltal?
My guess is that the currently know ultimate Zygarde is a "sun" form and there's like an inverse version.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
If Sun and Moon are Gen 6 games, what could the cover legendaries even be? More Zygarde formes that haven't been revealed yet? Special formes for Zygarde and Yveltal?

NMFried

Everyone forgets that n3DS exists and is a bit beefier than OG 3DS, Gamefreak should take advantage of this like they did with GS, or go the Crystal route and make it n3DS exclusive.

I could see it being n3DS enhanced, but no way they cut out that userbase.

people typically count remakes as part of the generation they were developed in.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Pokémon XYZ anime is scheduled for 52 episodes right?

So wouldn't it be kinda early to start a new gen entirely no? Maybe southern Kalos like many said but a reboot-ish with a new region wouldn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom