• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Moon and Sun leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Let's play a little. If they were to introduce space Pokemon, which ones from the current roster could be changed to this form? I'm thinking Yvetal, Lunetoi and Sunsoil (what were their names ?)

Seil

AS/OR counts as gen 6? Haven't played the games, but I thought it still counted as gen 3. I wouldn't be surprised if this takes place in kalos or hoenn, probably kalos.

I'd be surprised if it starts elsewhere, or a new region

ORAS interact with XY as part of the same generation. They both have the pentagon mark for Pokemon obtained within them, can battle and trade with each other, etc. They're also tied together as far as lore is concerned.

Remakes are always part of the generation they were released within. FRLG are Gen III and HGSS are Gen IV.

holy shit, so many people shit-talking Sinnoh in this thread. y'all wouldn't know an impeccably designed overworld if it smacked you in the head. i bet half of y'all slandering sinnoh think that johto/kanto are better, lmao

Fun fact. I experimented with a 3D glasses layout for a prank a few years back (plus to tie in with Pokédex 3D). It did not go well :p
That's great lol. An unintentional eventual reference to X and Y too!

Let's play a little. If they were to introduce space Pokemon, which ones from the current roster could be changed to this form? I'm thinking Yvetal, Lunetoi and Sunsoil (what were their names ?)
Clefairy (another type change!), Staryu, the new alien Pokemon, Solrok and Lunatone are my picks.

Berordn

Pokémon XYZ anime is scheduled for 52 episodes right?

So wouldn't it be kinda early to start a new gen entirely no? Maybe southern Kalos like many said but a reboot-ish with a new region wouldn't make sense.

The games have hinted at a new locale through certain characters, but since the theory that Sun and Moon tie into the Zygarde cores pretty well it's possible they abandoned that.

Either way it seems pretty likely that Sun and Moon are the Z that everything is referring to.

Sesha

I heard someone theorize that it depends on the climate, if the sun is burning hot it's male, if it is pleasant it's female. No clue if it's true.

No truth whatsoever. It's mostly arbitrary, though in the Indo-European pantheons the sun is typically considered male, regardless of location.

I'm wasting so much time at work refreshing this thread.

There's nothing quite like Pokémon hype!

I'm jealous. I wish I felt the hype. I should feel excited but instead I just feel like shit.

trixx

ORAS interact with XY as part of the same generation. They both have the pentagon mark for Pokemon obtained within them, can battle and trade with each other, etc. They're also tied together as far as lore is concerned.

Remakes are always part of the generation they were released within. FRLG are Gen III and HGSS are Gen IV.

Oh okay I always assumed it was based off the region and interpreted them as being modern enhancements/interpretations of the originals. Thanks for clarification.

Plasmid

Charmander variant with a star instead of flame

Starmander
Starmeleon
Starizard

$$$$

Koppai

NX exclusive and i'm in. Skip the 3ds please

Really doubt that is going to happen when all things point to NX being a console, not a handheld. Install base for 3DS is already there. If anything they will wait until next gen or whatever to release on NX (if there is a handheld). Who knows, they could continue to ride out 3DS :p

There's an alien Pokemon? Is that the Zygarde?
Nah, just two psychic type Pokemon. Maybe it was gen 5? Either 5 or 6. It's Beheeyem!

250px-606Beheeyem.png

JoeM86

pls don't change it to some bullshit, "mobile friendly" garbage

your site is fine the way it is. old school fansite layout :)

I actually have a mobile layout sorted, it's just an adaptable layout and I'm trying to get the desktop version to play nice.

It wouldn't look much different unless on mobile.

It is possible that this won't be generation 7 but I'm not saying it has no chance to be generation VII. The new pokemon revealed could be like a Victini situation and be secretive on the Kalos dex because it makes no sense to associate it with Volcanion in the movie otherwise. Gen VII would be nice but we will have to wait until tomorrow. These games are true though because Serebii showed evidence of them redirecting to pokemon.com.

finalflame

Gold Member
pls don't change it to some bullshit, "mobile friendly" garbage

your site is fine the way it is. old school fansite layout :)

Adapting websites to be responsive to mobile viewports does not mean they have to drastically change the way the desktop version looks, at all.

Kalos has the best dex, quality over quantity. Everything from the starters to the fossils and to the legendaries were awesomely designed and you could see how much care and thought were put into them.

Unova has the best story, the characters are well developed, and it was ace they incorporated the gym leaders and treat them as the hyped up machines they're meant to be.

Sinnoh has the best atmosphere, so chilled out and relaxing. Everything from the beautiful, historical, rugged landscape to the Jazz influenced music helps it accomplish this.

Hoenn has the best sense of adventure, you travel the most diverse landscape, including rain forests, deserts, oceans, and volcanoes. The music is triumphant, and besting your dad gives you that sense of progress.

Johto has the best progress between instalments, it took everything that made gen 1 big and made it bigger. It added so many staples to the series, and was what a sequel should be.

Kanto started it all. Personally, I don't find it all too appealing these days compared the other gens. It just doesn't match up, it's region is boring fields and similar looking towns. The Pokemon look bland in comparison to the newer ones, and everything else it had other regions do better, but it did start it all, and I'm grateful for that.

i agree with most of this post but gen 4/Sinnoh deserves way more credit for advancing the series with important mechanics than Johto does. Johto just felt more profound at the time.

That's an awfully strong opinion that is thankfully untrue.

I wanna know what's untrue about it, lol. Gold and Silver having broken level curves for example is practically fact writ in stone at this point

Velcro Fly

the physical/special split makes playing anything before gen 4 difficult in my opinion. as a kid i never understood that some types were physical and some were special but the actual split made it so much easier. that was maybe one of the biggest gameplay changes for me personally.

i agree with most of this post but gen 4/Sinnoh deserves way more credit for advancing the series with important mechanics than Johto does. Johto just felt more profound at the time.

I wanna know what's untrue about it, lol. Gold and Silver having broken level curves for example is practically fact writ in stone at this point
The physical/special split of Gen IV changed the game massively, in a good way.

The physical/special split of Gen IV changed the game massively, in a good way.

and for as much of a game-changer as that was, it's not even the game's biggest and most important introduction of a feature to the series.

i want you all to think back to when you were kids or young adults playing the old Pokemon games.

who did you trade with? who did you battle with? were you lucky enough to have siblings, or friends at school, who owned the game and a gameboy and maybe a link cable if you didn't have one?

GTS and online functionality eliminated all of the hoop-jumping associated with the game's core features and made trading and battling a near-universal experience that almost everyone could have and enjoy.

Nah, that's gotta be gen 3. Abilities alone blow everything else out of the water.

Anth0ny

I actually have a mobile layout sorted, it's just an adaptable layout and I'm trying to get the desktop version to play nice.

It wouldn't look much different unless on mobile.

Adapting websites to be responsive to mobile viewports does not mean they have to drastically change the way the desktop version looks, at all.

that sounds great!

time to add it to the list of websites that have a great mobile version while not sacrificing the look and functionality of the desktop version:

1. neogaf.com
2. serebii.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom