• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Moon and Sun leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Massive upgrade. People might be put off that she isn't into battles though, but she does fight, and she takes a while before she finds purpose in traveling. Also Bonnie (the yellow-haired kid, Clemont's little sister) is the best girl bar none.

953.gif

Cool and wow that little not-pikachu clone on her head is way smaller than I thought it would be.

2 > 5 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 6

My Gen Ranking

2nd gen did stuff they don't do anymore and can't replicate properly given how much hype the series had from Gen 1 to 2.

Perfect gen ranking and I agree with it. When they shake things up it feels great. XY felt like ot was tpo generic.

RaidenXZ

Since we're discussing the anime, I would love to see a Gold and Silver follow up to the Pokemon Origins anime so we can see Gold take on Red on Mt. Silver haha

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Why wouldn't they name it X2 and Y2 then. Why name the direct sequels completely differently.

Perhaps to inspire more sales. I've never bought a "third game" before, but instinctively, upon seeing this name, even if this is a sequel, I thought "there must be some significant differences that might make me consider getting this." I guess time will tell if that's the case, though, and if I end up picking this up. More detailed information about what's different will determine my purchase, but the naming makes me more curious. I talked to my friend about it and he said he felt the same way as a first response.

yami4ct

Yeah I'm wondering if this is a sequel and almost a new gen at the same time. Like a Gen 6.5

I would say a new gen is signified by a completely new region and new pokemon. While I think a fairly significant chunk of new space will be added, and we may likely see new megas, I don't expect any truly new pokemon and thus it's not a new gen.

Anything is possible, though. I could definitely see GameFreak adding a whole new generation in addition to a Gen 6.5 campaign. It would be massively ambitious, and I don't think it's likely, but it would definitely be a 20th Anniversary worthy project.

BondFancy

The amount of people that have commented on a thread about a rumor about a new Pokemon game is insane. Pokemon is such a powerful game, that so many gamers young and old can appreciate. Hoping the new games are better than XY/ORAS, those were both a letdown, only thing I enjoyed were the mega evolutions.

Also. my Gen rankings:

2 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 6

Hisoka

As someone that thinks X/Y were disappointing follow-ups to B2/W2 I disagree with you on pretty much everything except the trainer customization. I especially dislike mega evolution.

That's nice, it's your opinion.
Disagreeing on the 3D battles is one thing that still buffles me. BW was kind of a hybrid, the sprites looked - pixel wise, worse than in previous ones.
And you seem to like the design of gen 5? All of my no. The starter alone were the worst we ever had. 6 introduced the best ones since a long time.

I understand just two points of some people and this are the mega evo and fairy type. They are really nice for me personally, as i play on tournaments and enjoy the variety of teams much more now.

Growlie19

I guess rankings are cool now?

1: Gen V (More story-based, great post-game, and a ton of new, amazing Pokémon like Braviary, everything in the Desert Resort, Cinccino, and many more. Probably biased with this being my entry into the series....)
2: Gen III (Legends are incorporated into the story, a good post-game, and best champion Steven Stone. Salamence being in the dex is just a bonus)
3: Gen IV (Great new Pokémon like Lucario and Drapion, cool cross-gen evos like Electivire and Honchkrow, a good post-game, and brought competitive battling to a new level. Too bad DP were so slow, fixed with Plat.)
4: Gen VI (An amazing regional dex and brought the series to 3D! Hawlucha, Greninja, and Tyrantrum are fantastic new additions, among others. The story regressed a bit and the post-game is lackluster, but still a solid entry)
5: Gen I (Started it all, and I can't wait to revisit them without emulation! Also has best fire types Growlithe and Arcanine! Poor gameplay elements bog it down, glitched or intentional. Also, what post-game?)
6: Gen II (Too grind-y and too Kanto reliant. Has a lot of poor mons that only got upgrades later on/still suck. The remakes only slightly ease the pain. Not even Scizor, Heracross, and Feraligatr can save this)

imjust1n

Banned
what happened to code name rainbow moon and Sun are not rainbow but I guess it's still a earth thing.
I'm excited to see what pokemon brings

yami4ct

what happened to code name rainbow moon and Sun are not rainbow but I guess it's still a earth thing.
I'm excited to see what pokemon brings

Pokemon games are refered to internally as a single project. A codename is a codename. These are very likely Pokemon Niji.

I would say a new gen is signified by a completely new region and new pokemon. While I think a fairly significant chunk of new space will be added, and we may likely see new megas, I don't expect any truly new pokemon and thus it's not a new gen.

Anything is possible, though. I could definitely see GameFreak adding a whole new generation in addition to a Gen 6.5 campaign. It would be massively ambitious, and I don't think it's likely, but it would definitely be a 20th Anniversary worthy project.

I think we are going to get new Pokémon but not enough for a truly new gen. Maybe like 20 new ones or something

yami4ct

I think we are going to get new Pokémon but not enough for a truly new gen. Maybe like 20 new ones or something

You would waste designs that could be saved for Gen VII, completely break compatibility with Gen VI and basically strand Gen VI.5 from a trading and competitive standpoint. There is pretty much all negative consequences and not positives for doing that.

You would waste designs that could be saved for Gen VII, completely break compatibility with Gen VI and basically strand Gen VI.5 from a trading and competitive standpoint. There is pretty much all negative consequences and not positives for doing that.

Then I think its Gen VII. Why would they break the tradition of new names just for a new area and a couple new Megas? Seems foolish

TopoGio

Neo Member
I seem to recall reading an interview around a year ago with someone from Game Freak (I don't know who, I'm not familiar with the people behind the scenes of Pokemon) and he stated that he would like to start introducing less and less new Pokemon and he also said something about how he wants the designs to be more simple and streamlined like earlier generations

I remember taking away that they wanted to perhaps stay away from traditional generations and introduce maybe 20 new Pokemon with each game or something along those lines.

They already did that with XY/ORAS to a degree, so might as well go the full nine yards.

yami4ct

They already did that with XY/ORAS to a degree, so might as well go the full nine yards.

Those were a part of a new gen. New gens always break compatibility in that way. ORAS has some limitations for trading due to some small form changes and stuff, but adding completely new pokemon would basically break compatibility in the same way you would a new gen. There is zero reason to do that for a .5 gen. You get very little benefit.

Teknoman

I'm on #Team7thGen

I'm honestly just excited for Pokemon so I can run my Pokemon League again. Everyone got bored after ORAS.

I still think everyone gets Remake / 3rd game burn out. Even if its fun for the first few hours, most people just spent insane amounts of time with the initial 2 versions.

I see that G/S/C fans are still under the incorrect assumption that Gen ll was anything more than an empty and lifeless world with the worst set of Pokemon yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom