• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO Fest's livestream is absolutely must-see

nubbe

Shitty.

shitheads02ksu.gif

don't attack Misty ffs
Shes just as frustrated as everyone else

N° 2048

Me: Oh, cool I'll check out this Pokemon GO thread, seems like the event is doing well from the thread title.

:|

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I saw that some local towns in my area had gatherings to go along with the fest. Looks like they had a lot more fun than the actual event :x

border

NianticCEO: "AT&T has a cell tower at the north end of the park, if you want to go there and try to hop on."

That would be a really great solution if the game didn't kinda require you to always be moving around.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Mike's advice: M-maybe if you all go hug the AT&T cell tower?

Crowbcat of this is going to be delicious.

Sonic last year, Pokémon this. 2019's live event fail has a lot to live up to. Actual Jurassic Park levels perhaps.

Alexlf

I saw that some local towns in my area had gatherings to go along with the fest. Looks like they had a lot more fun than the actual event :x

It was the same in my town. 30-40 people got together and shared food and had a great time wandering the local park. I was worried I'd be missing out by not heading to Chicago, but it looks like it's the other way around lol. Feel very bad for the people having a hard time at the event, that's gotta suck.

Hazu

I didn't read the whole thread, but what happened exactly? They had issues with the game and people got mad because of it?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't read the whole thread, but what happened exactly? They had issues with the game and people got mad because of it?

People paid money to travel... paid money to get in... nothing worked. Only a few people caught anything. People left... people weren't allowed to leave... more apologies and blaming it on the servers (which were fine)... compensation made...

NianticCEO: "AT&T has a cell tower at the north end of the park, if you want to go there and try to hop on."

That would be a really great solution if the game didn't kinda require you to always be moving around.

The word "fest" seems like the worst thing for a game requiring online connection. During Lollapalooza, you can't get signal at all because of how many people are there. I'm sure this wasn't nearly on that scale but.. surely someone thought of that.

border

Along with all the usual snafus, screwups, awkward moments, and technical/quality issues we associate with live events.

jwk94

The word "fest" seems like the worst thing for a game requiring online connection. During Lollapalooza, you can't get signal at all because of how many people are there. I'm sure this wasn't nearly on that scale but.. surely someone thought of that.

Before the Women's March earlier this year, I had never heard of this happening. Shouldn't cell phone providers have a way to account for huge clusters of people in case of an emergency?

RRockman

Banned
This isn't Sonic level until we have a costumed Pikachu awkwardly walk out to the crowd and start dabbing to the music :x

Bruh we've passed sonic. Sonic was So bad it's hilarious. This is so bad that it came from funny right back around to sad and dissapointing. It's schadenfreude at this point, and that's not my kinda thing. :/

border

Black Phillip is attending Pokemon Go Fest. No wonder the event is doomed. That loathsome trickster speaks with a forked tongue and seeks to corrupt our maidens.

DFWtsCDVwAAdKQv.jpg

I saw a woman just come on and say something along the lines of:

"They're here, the pokemon are all here...let's do this"

She looked like she was going to cry.

What the fuck is going on?

You never know what somebody is going threw in their life. I've learned to never judge. What may be just a app for me and you may mean something more to the person next to us.

RyanW

I am not saying this will do massive damage to the brand at all, but having a product that has this much quality issues after a year is still not a good look no matter how you look at it.

TPC won't drop Niantic but they will be having a good long talk

If anything the people in Niantic who talked with the event organizer and the event organizer itself are what's going to have a rough Monday morning, if they make it to Monday

Alienous

It's a good thing Niantic aren't a Japanese company.

The sheer amount of apologetic bows they'd need to get through after this would paralyze people.

dmr87

What a shitshow.

Me and a couple of friends were out catching for the challenges but we said fuck it and went home.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't at all be surprised if we had an encore of this to top it all off:

giphy.gif

I'm still trying to figure out if the person got stuck in their suit, or if a crazed man ran up to hug it :x

Black Phillip is attending Pokemon Go Fest. No wonder the event is doomed. That loathsome trickster speaks with a forked tongue and seeks to corrupt our maidens.

DFWtsCDVwAAdKQv.jpg

I haven't seen the movie, but wasn't a goat the reason behind the Chicago Cubs' curse?

SaviourMK2

I understand the frustration, but getting mad at her won't solve anything, blame to organizers (a hex on me if she's the organizer)

Koomaster

I feel bad for the staff there; like the hosts and people there to hype up the event. They don't deserve the boos even tho I understand the frustrations of the attendees. I'm sure the hosts are just as upset, but are trying to be helpful and upbeat.

I'm still trying to figure out if the person got stuck in their suit, or if a crazed man ran up to hug it :x

I haven't seen the movie, but wasn't a goat the reason behind the Chicago Cubs' curse?

The dancer seemed to have deflated the suit and the stage-hands went into emergency mode, what's ludicrous is that after a few moments, it looks like they repair the suit, try to bring him back out to the crowd's appaluse, only for it to fall apart again. No one was hurt thankfully, the whole thing blew me away by just how surreal it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jATNXN9w1NA

Edit: correction, upon closer inspection, it's a 'her' not a 'him'.

nightfly

Honestly, why does Niantic seem to be so piss poorly managed? They take forever to come out with any new content, fix bugs, and they can't even figure "hey, we'll be having several thousand people come to one place, better make sure our servers are doing well and hey, perhaps do some more upgrading to be sure".

Top Bottom