• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO Fest's livestream is absolutely must-see

XYaOuaY.png

nlCWSX7.png

Nice
TPC is fuming

ViciousDS

Banned
The worst part was how everyone got their luggage, phones, etc. stolen. Makes for a worse situation when you are literally stranded on an island :/

the tents became a free for all when their weren't enough beds and stuff. So people were literally jacking tents to stay in even if it was your tent......that whole thing was unreal.

Aonuma

The dude was getting text messages too that you could read and the app crashed on him. It's such a train wreck now that it's delicious. The app has been a barely usable mess from the start and I'm glad they can't always get away with such a shit product.

LordKano

Fyre was on a whole different league because it actually put people in danger. They had health and security issues. Here at worst people will just have lost their times. At least it will make a good story to tell.

Cess007

Fyre was on a whole different league because it actually put people in danger. They had health and security issues. Here at worse people will just have lost their times. At least it will make a good story to tell.

And judging for the gif of the bottle, their minds too

The dude was getting text messages too that you could read and the app crashed on him. It's such a train wreck now that it's delicious. The app has been a barely usable mess from the start and I'm glad they can't always get away with such a shit product.
The hyperbole is strong with this one.

RyanW

The game hasn't got worse, it's "just" a badly organized event.

That's what I figured. The game hasn't had these kind of issues probably since around launch and it's only for people at Go Fest. I assume they've been slightly improved since the start of the event though

Zubz

Banned
It's absolutely disgusting that someone threw a bottle, but the general anger seems justified. Pokèmon Go could've been revolutionary, but this is a disaster.

Not "People swimming in piss" disaster or "literally Lord of the Flies" disaster, but TPC, GF, & Nintendo are about to drop the hammer on them.

Shakesporeon is actually amazing. I may steal that one lol

Me too.

Fyre was on a whole different league because it actually put people in danger. They had health and security issues. Here at worst people will just have lost their times. At least it will make a good story to tell.

A waste of time and money, considering the people who traveled out of state to the event.

RyanW

A waste of time and money, considering the people who traveled out of state to the event.

Isn't it really just a one day event where you get to have exclusive access to a few things while doing whatever anyone else with the app can do? It's not like they were going to comic-con

Plus people are getting refunds and $100 of in-game currency. So it's not like it was a complete waste

Isn't it really just a one day event where you get to have exclusive access to a few things while doing whatever anyone else with the app can do? It's not like they were going to comic-con

Plus people are getting refunds and $100 of in-game currency. So it's not like it was a complete waste

You think that's going to cover the trip for most people.

Alfredo

I'm tellin ya, they need to send out some Team Rocket cosplayers out there, pretend that they sabotaged the event, then stage some crazy Pokemon battle, then release the legendary from "Team Rocket's clutches" for everyone to catch.

Or do a live performance of that Brother My Brother song from the Pokemon movie to make everyone get all along.

AdanVC

I actually was planning an afternoon of playing Pokémon Go at the park but I better not to and just stay at home to watch how all of this massive mess ends LOL!

RyanW

This will hurt the brand though, they won't ditch them but there are going to be words for sure.

If the shitshow that was the game's launch didn't hurt the brand, this won't. Especially when most people playing will probably not hear a word about this event

LordKano

This will hurt the brand though, they won't ditch them but there are going to be words for sure.

This will hurt nothing. It's just bad publicity for Niantic but nobody that was already playing and paying for Pokemon GO will suddenly stop because one event went to shit. There will surely be consequences inside Niantic, but the brand won't get anything.

We're talking about a game making millions of dollars each day. While you were reading this post, they made several thousands dollars.

wwm0nkey

If the shitshow that was the game's launch didn't hurt the brand, this won't. Especially when most people playing will probably not hear a word about this event

This will hurt nothing. It's just bad publicity for Niantic but nobody that was already playing and paying for Pokemon GO will suddenly stop because one event went to shit. There will surely be consequences inside Niantic, but the brand won't get anything.

We're talking about a game making millions of dollars each day. While you were reading this post, they made several thousands dollars.

Not at all. Not everyone's going to hear about this, lol.

I am not saying this will do massive damage to the brand at all, but having a product that has this much quality issues after a year is still not a good look no matter how you look at it.

TPC won't drop Niantic but they will be having a good long talk

oti

Banned
These are your biggest US fans. This isn't some random event no-one knows about. Of course there are going to be consequences. Doesn't mean we will get to know what those consequences are.

Protein

Banned
I saw a woman just come on and say something along the lines of:

"They're here, the pokemon are all here...let's do this"

She looked like she was going to cry.

What the fuck is going on?

ViciousDS

Banned
Why is that funny? It seems like the logical thing to do.

because the challenges should have just been removed all together with the issues.....no point in them now. Just plan for legendaries to be released at a certain time later and then the global launch of them tomorrow like planned.

Zalman

I don't understand why you'd fly out from around the country to play Pokemon GO.
I guess it's less about the game and more about being social. Meeting up with other Pokémon fans, having fun. And it being an official event makes it feel more special.

Top Bottom