• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Isn't it funny how easy some of those stages are now with MBee and MSalamence. Before I passed on the S-Ranks because it cost too much with +5, MS and DD but some can be done itemless or at worse +5.

Yeah the power creep is pretty obvious when you revisit older stages. The catch rates are still atrocious though so I'm still using multiple hearts to catch them.

Can't remember which Pikachu it was but it broke out of 2 Great Balls so I gave up.

pHand

Yeah the power creep is pretty obvious when you revisit older stages. The catch rates are still atrocious though so I'm still using multiple hearts to catch them.

I wonder if a year from now we'll have Pokemon that go to Level 50 and make the 500 stages super easy to S rank.

Disappointing to see that the Garchomp comp rewards are back to previous levels. I guess the Shiny Ray rewards were just a special one-time thing. And I'm guessing the HP of stage 10 of the EB was deliberate because it gave out a Skill Booster M instead of a lower reward. It's odd that 85 gives a Skill Booster S.

Stage On

I wonder if a year from now we'll have Pokemon that go to Level 50 and make the 500 stages super easy to S rank.

Disappointing to see that the Garchomp comp rewards are back to previous levels. I guess the Shiny Ray rewards were just a special one-time thing. And I'm guessing the HP of stage 10 of the EB was deliberate because it gave out a Skill Booster M instead of a lower reward. It's odd that 85 gives a Skill Booster S.

It's kind of dumb they made stage 10 so hard when the reward is a measly Skill Booster M considering how easy those are to get from the weekly Eevee stage.

85 is not a boss, so it kinda makes sense, I guess.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's the max, 99?

I've only used one of them from the previous time we got 30 of them, so I'll be at 59 hearts after this check-in.

Edit: OH, a new safari. That's why....& with 2 more Pikachu variants....

CassSept

So yeah, they seem intent on producing ever-more-ridiculous catch rates with these safaris. I cleared Goldeen in a single move and got 24% catch rate. Sigh.

So yeah, they seem intent on producing ever-more-ridiculous catch rates with these safaris. I cleared Goldeen in a single move and got 24% catch rate. Sigh.

Came here to complain about the exact same thing! Haha. I just beat Goldeen in one move too. Bullshit catch rates.

This is going to be a fun safari.

Doesn't really bother me. Unless you're stupidly lucky, by the time you've encountered both the 2% Pokémon you'll have seen Goldeen ten times and will have most likely caught it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*gets 3 Goldeens in a row, then Pikachu (male kimono) with MAX percent catch rate via great ball*

Well, least I got one of the rares taken care of.

Edit: Oh god, I thought the Plusle stage was bad enough, Minun is even worse....

Yeah, this safari is the worst. The coin stage doesn't even show up all that much, and it's only 300 coins anyway. I was hoping at least Goldeen would have some coins as well (I mean, its name is GOLDeen). Last safari was so much better.

I wasted them all, but never mind, there was nothing much to use them on anyway. Couldn't have used them before the safari and that's where I really wanted them.
You didn't need to check in to play the Safari it was already in the code.

And apparently for reference the next time this happens, we can shut the game off as soon we see the message, it hasn't saved yet. So next time you could boot up, burn the hearts then check in.

EDIT: This also has to be the most worthless Safari to date. Not only is it full of weaker clones of mon, there are clones of clones. How many electric Flash Mobs do we need?

Yeah, this safari is the worst. The coin stage doesn't even show up all that much, and it's only 300 coins anyway.

It spawns a fifth coin on the final move, if you're feeling brave...

You didn't need to check in to play the Safari it was already in the code.

And apparently for reference the next time this happens, we can shut the game off as soon we see the message, it hasn't saved yet. So next time you could boot up, burn the hearts then check in.

Good to know, I'm not sure I'd have bothered though really! Hearts is free. I'm patient.

Fewr

I've been lucky with this safari.

I caught plusle, minun and kingler all at around 20-25% which saved me some cash.
I haven't seen the pikachus yet.

I've been lucky with this safari.

I caught plusle, minun and kingler all at around 20-25% which saved me some cash.
I haven't seen the pikachus yet.

There's no point wasting cash on anything until you've got both Pikachus anyway, you're bound to see all the other stuff more than once before you get the two rare ones and then just use great balls when you're mopping up.

This also has to be the most worthless Safari to date. Not only is it full of weaker clones of mon, there are clones of clones. How many electric Flash Mobs do we need?
I'd argue that the only useful Pokémon in this safari are Plusle and minun, just because with them you could build yourself a Flash mob team which could hit everything and not care about being super effective or not.

Then again, getting three Flash mobs to level five would take much more effort than it's probably worth.

Huh, they actually haven't released all the Gen 1 Pokemon yet.

And yes this Safari is garbage. No extra drops or bonuses besides the one coin stage and you can't even bring a team that's SE to everything. I have one Ground, one Grass, and Beedrill, which means it takes even longer to beat anything.

Now I see why they gave us 30 hearts.

pHand

I got up to 290 in the EB and nope'd out of there. Non-boss stages having 27k HP is absolutely ludicrous. I'd have to spend thousands of coins just to get to stage 300, and then have to further shell out for a full item run and possibly a Jewel as well, all for just 3 RMLs.

And yes this Safari is garbage. No extra drops or bonuses besides the one coin stage and you can't even bring a team that's SE to everything. I have one Ground, one Grass, and Beedrill, which means it takes even longer to beat anything.

I wouldn't bother with Ground. The Electric Pokemon in the safari have very little HP, and I've had no problems running with M-Bee, Bellossom, and Shaymin-L. It's more important to stop their disruptions.

I stopped at 250, two full item runs plus the 8000 or so to reach the final lvl on timed stages wasn't worth the rewards to me.

As for this Safari I think I'm done with it. I caught Plus and Minus and Kingler. I'll wait for a repeat when there's a possibility of presents to be dropped or a worth while addition to search for. I'm going spend this weeks hearts to make some money back then catch up on some S-ranks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2,000 coins & 2 RMLs via check-in

Also, a bunch of new Pokemon who can use RMLs, including a few who can now take 5 more like Xerneas (upping his attack to 130, making him the strongest Pokemon in the entire game, slightly more than Machamp). Some of them are insane, like Combee can take 10, going from base 30 to freakin' 100 at level 20.

20 free hearts tomorrow as well (3DS) so make sure you have space! Between the safari (maybe) and the escalation it shouldn't be hard to make room.

Looks like upcoming SS mon are in the code one of which include Genesect. But its PSB stage ends before the update and it's unknown what the ability is.

I was planning to spend the 50k+ to get it to SL5, I started well enough after 6 tries I had 3 PSB and a RML but now I wonder if it will be a waste.

EDIT: I decided to risk it and go for SL5. With the daily gifts, it will help offset the cost of EB and Comp.

There's three Crowd Control abilities on deck to be swapped and we've never seen that ability eligible before. Most of the time a damage dealing ability like Risk Taker or Power of 5 are given a disruption clearing ability like Swap+ or BB+/BS+. With the recent Bug types additions they've shored up any pressing need Genesect could be improved.

They could give it an immobilizing ability. It doesn't make sense to give it Sleep Charm with two of its SE opponents immune but Shock Attack covers 2 of the 3. Mind Zap might have been tempting at on time but we have Absol and Abomasnow to cover all SE matches but Dark types (There are no Fairies or Fighters to cover Dark either so it's possible)

There's no combo ability for Bugs so unless they bust out something new like Goad, Good Luck or Alchemist it appears those abilities are reserved for Alolan mon.

My guess is we either get Swap++ or Stabilize++ and I'd rather have a SL5 Crowd Control and return it to its former glory.

Stage On

man the current escalation battle has an insane difficult jump at stage 240. I went from being able to beat it itemless without any trouble to having difficulty beating it even with using M+5 AND disruption delay.

Machine

man the current escalation battle has an insane difficult jump at stage 240. I went from being able to beat it itemless without any trouble to having difficulty beating it even with using M+5 AND disruption delay.

I just passed 200 and I'm not sure I will continue. It looks like it becomes a huge coin sink and I'm very low on coins currently. I would like to hit 250 but we'll see how things go.

pHand

It's absolutely ridiculous how hard 241-249 are, and it only gets worse from there so I just stopped at 250. The fact that even M+5 isn't enough to consistently beat non-boss stages is disgusting.

It's one thing to recycle old content, but to actively make them worse by making EBs more difficult w/o changing the rewards to compensate is just aggravating. It makes all of our effort leveling up Pokemon feel worthless.

Itemless competition run: 38k

Full items: 42k

:(

Is that with MRay or MGengar?

It's absolutely ridiculous how hard 241-249 are, and it only gets worse from there so I just stopped at 250. The fact that even M+5 isn't enough to consistently beat non-boss stages is disgusting.

It's one thing to recycle old content, but to actively make them worse by making EBs more difficult w/o changing the rewards to compensate is just aggravating. It makes all of our effort leveling up Pokemon feel worthless.

That sucks, I was hoping to reach 150 by Monday so I would have a week to tackle the other half but I guess plans change.

Fewr

How many pokemon until we complete the pre-kalos pokedex?
From memory when I checked the blank faces in the game yesterday we've got the grass black/white starter, a couple of 3 stage pokemon, victreebel, and meloetta in its other form.

Apart from those, I think I'm only missing the winking mudkip.

REMINDER: Tomorrow 4/4 will gift another 20 hearts. Then the last one will come on the 11th

So after 5 attempts with 3 different Megas I got 96k with MGengar which is just outside of tier 1. I'm glad it wasn't a timed comp because that was a really purple team but I a little disappointed this comp was so heavily RNG dependent. A SL5 Genesect and trained Accelgor really don't have an impact I thought they would have on this comp.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fighting type Meloetta (Pirouette Forme) is up, along with repeat safari (no new pokemon).

Yay for a new strong Fighting type, base attack 80 with a rather decent ability (Nosedive, one of the "will occasionally do more damage" abilities) , I'd assume it's worth leveling its ability up?

pHand

Kinda bummed that they repeated the Houndoom safari when there are 3 other safaris that haven't been repeated in a long time (Mesprit, Manectric, and Angry-Chu). Oh well, at least they didn't randomly add a single 1% Pokemon.

Fighting type Meloetta (Pirouette Forme) is up, along with repeat safari (no new pokemon).

Yay for a new strong Fighting type, base attack 80 with a rather decent ability (Nosedive, one of the "will occasionally do more damage" abilities) , I'd assume it's worth leveling its ability up?

It takes 120 skill points for SL5, which boosts its activation rates to 45/70/100. That's comparable to Risk-Taker, 50/70/100. The difference is that Nosedive always does x5 when it procs, so if my math is correct a max leveled Meloetta will do 2000 on a super effective 5-match. At first glance it definitely seems more versatile than the other burst damage options, at the cost of its max damage being lower.

Kinda bummed that they repeated the Houndoom safari when there are 3 other safaris that haven't been repeated in a long time (Mesprit, Manectric, and Angry-Chu). Oh well, at least they didn't randomly add a single 1% Pokemon.

It takes 120 skill points for SL5, which boosts its activation rates to 45/70/100. That's comparable to Risk-Taker, 50/70/100. The difference is that Nosedive always does x5 when it procs, so if my math is correct a max leveled Meloetta will do 2000 on a super effective 5-match. At first glance it definitely seems more versatile than the other burst damage options, at the cost of its max damage being lower.
I believe it's better than Risk Taker, because it always does x5, while RT averages 4.16.

Ondore

If you're in a situation where you can get away with both, whynotboth.gif

Nosedive is consistent, while Risk Taker may go low but can also pull in 4k a hit (assuming SL5 for both). Plus, RT is just over half the cost of Nosedive.

pHand

Mobile just got a huge update (must be downloaded from the Play Store, can't just check in). The big news is that there's a new button next to Optimize that allows you to set the team you previously used the last time you played a stage. This makes Meowth farming and getting S ranks sooooooooo much more convenient. I assume 3DS users will get the feature a year from now, lol.

Also, the new skill swaps are available and a bunch of skills were buffed. And if all that wasn't enough, a ton of Mega Pokemon had their evolutions sped up or were given the ability to take more MSUs. MMY now takes 14 MSUs and can evolve with just 9 icons!

As exciting as all of this is, it really makes me worry even more about the power creep. The disruptions will probably be even more insane in the future to keep us buying Mega Starts.

Nosedive you're just investing in activation rate so you don't necessarily need to spend 120 boosters at SL4 (70sb) you have 35%, 60%, 90%. So it may be less reliable than a SL5 (70sb) Risk Taker but it's a always a positive x5. I'm slowly working on a SS Skarmory and will invest in Meloetta once its done working on Meowth's farm (it may be too strong to bring to Stage 37)

And that is an awesome update. Looks like select old abilities are getting buffed (Last Ditch Effort, nearly all the Combo abilities) and new SS abilites all together like Big Wave (water type Pyre)

A favorite team button has taken far too long to get here but I'm giddy (EDIT: is it last time you played any stage or the last time you played on that particular stage?)

pHand

A favorite team button has taken far too long to get here but I'm giddy (EDIT: is it last time you played any stage or the last time you played on that particular stage?)

It stores the last team used for each stage, so you could have a separate team for Meowth, Ampharos, etc. I'm curious if it works with Special stages as well. I'd love to have my Weekend Meowth team ready at the press of a button.

Wow, the disruptions in this stage are a bit bloody aggressive.

Probably don't even bother attempting it without at least a DD, you're wasting 500 coins.

I took 2 stabs at it and got nowhere. But I apparently suck at this game since I don't bother doing things like maxing out specific pokemon and don't even have a max candied Ray x_x

Brute Force (pretty much just Snorlax) is broken currently if you need to catch any EX stage mon now is the time before they patch it. Might be good to S-rank some stages like repeat Snorlax too. Heatran's Mission Card. Ah the possibilities. Currently it's x3 damage on everything including SE mon when it's suppose to only work NVE mon. So it's like a universal combo multiplier.

EDIT: So far beat S-Ranked Repeat Snorlax, Skiploom, Sawk, Shellmet itemless. All these newer tanky stages that aren't disruption heavy (f.u. Swoobat) are pretty easy with only a heart or two. Did all the timed Mission Card challenges like Heatran, Venasaur and Blastosie. I'm glad they've been giving out all these hearts, because I want to do as much as I can before the next check in. They probably won't patch it that quick, they never been very prompt but this is a game breaking type of glitch so who knows.

Brute Force (pretty much just Snorlax) is broken currently if you need to catch any EX stage mon now is the time before they patch it.

How would one take advantage of this?

Anything that helps me with Skiploom is a godsend right now, I can't even beat that stage let alone S-rank it, and I feel so close to the end of the main stages

Played around with the Snorlax bug, holy shit. Game breaking is right, but I don't mind because some of the balance in this game at the tail end is so fucked that it deserves to be broken.

Raced through the EX stages, the timed mission cards are all done, and Skiploom went down as well. I'm only 15 stages off being caught up now and I wonder how far this can take me before I check in again. I've still got 60+ banked hearts and I don't mind spending 'em right now.

Top Bottom