• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

How would one take advantage of this?

Anything that helps me with Skiploom is a godsend right now, I can't even beat that stage let alone S-rank it, and I feel so close to the end of the main stages

I've just been looking at reddit's S-rank guide to get a starting idea of what team to use as not to waste hearts on experimenting with lineups and scouting the stage.

Skiploom's Stage for example I still don't have Skiploom so I can't use that strategy. But I do have skill boosted delayers that are SE like Infernape and Snorunt. So went with MBee, Infernape, Snorunt and Snorlax and didn't let it disrupt.

Without those two I might have tried the new Accelgor's Eject++ addition. If you don't have Mbee sped up Shiny Ray, Salamence's MB+ and Accelgor

I actually gave Snorlax a small cookie so it reached SL2 it's still only LVL5.

EDIT: Sorry slow response

Played around with the Snorlax bug, holy shit. Game breaking is right, but I don't mind because some of the balance in this game at the tail end is so fucked that it deserves to be broken.

Raced through the EX stages, the timed mission cards are all done, and Skiploom went down as well. I'm only 15 stages off being caught up now and I wonder how far this can take me before I check in again. I've still got 60+ banked hearts and I don't mind spending 'em right now.

But yeah... I'm going to burn through my banked hearts too. So much time and money is going to be saved by being able to catch up in one day at a significant discount.

You can SL Snorlax up the first level pretty easy in its repeat stage, especially when you use Snorlax at the moment! It only takes two PSBs. Managed to S-rank that one itemless as well, haha.

Skiploom I just used moves+5, MBee (12/12), Snorlax and two strongest super-effective Pokémon. Beat it with seven moves left without even really having to try, after struggling with it for ages.

Eh, oh well. I did it on a whim because it was half way full. Right now hearts are more important than cookies.

I've got 40 hearts left and 50 S-Ranks to go.

Machine

I only have three s-ranks left to get: 540 (Dragonite repeat), 546 (Tentacruel) and 550 (Mega Aggron). I wonder if it's worth exploiting just for those three. I only have two skill swappers at the moment so I kinda hate to burn one to switch Snorlax back from stabilize++

I only have three s-ranks left to get: 540 (Dragonite repeat), 546 (Tentacruel) and 550 (Mega Aggron). I wonder if it's worth exploiting just for those three. I only have two skill swappers at the moment so I kinda hate to burn one to switch Snorlax back from stabilize++

Do you have any mission cards to complete? It'd be useful there too as well as the S-ranks (you might even get a skill swapper back if you're lucky)

Machine

Do you have any mission cards to complete? It'd be useful there too as well as the S-ranks (you might even get a skill swapper back if you're lucky)

The only mission I have left is the Yveltal one about clearing 40 black clouds because fuck that mission.

There's still Persian and Rhyhorn even at lvl1 and a lower starting BP the glitch does so much damage it probably doesn't matter it's not a strong as it can be.

I did Dragonite repeat but I couldn't beat Tentacruel though I'm sure you can do it cheaper than it would normally cost.

Sucks tommorrow's check-in gift is an ATK+ but I'll won't check in til I have to last minute.

Stage On

Did Stage 251-300 of the escalation battle Today. Yes you have to use M+5 if you want to be able to consistently clear the stages but honestly with skips it wasn't THAT big a drain. Not like I have much to use those coins on anyway since I've already cleared the rest of the game outside of a few mission cards.

Yeah the reward might "only" be 3 max level up, but those are literally the most valuable item in the game and the more I can get get my hands on the better.

Check-in looks safe on 3DS today.

Done all the missions that Brute Force helps with now, and also all the EX stages. Ten main stage S-ranks to go (the last ten) but I'm down to 4,000 coins which probably isn't enough even with Snorlax. Should get weekend Meowth opened tomorrow without a check-in though so might just be able to make it to the end. With some luck.

I tend to use Keldeo (something) and three other Pokémon around 70-80 ATK, whoever I feel like levelling up. Keldeo is super effective and has Power of 4+ which activates with enough regularity that if you've messed up towards the end you can still do a decent 600+ ATK hit to finish it off.

I don't get 500 coins every time because skyfall and bad luck prevent it, but I'm definitely around 90%.

Check-in looks safe on 3DS today.

Done all the missions that Brute Force helps with now, and also all the EX stages. Ten main stage S-ranks to go (the last ten) but I'm down to 4,000 coins which probably isn't enough even with Snorlax. Should get weekend Meowth opened tomorrow without a check-in though so might just be able to make it to the end. With some luck.

I would imagine that means we won't get one til next update at the earliest, which I kind of wish I hadn't burned through all my hearts.

But I would be kicking myself if I didn't take advantage of the glitch and it was patched the next day. Had I been in reaching distance of Jumpluff I would had be satisfied but now I'm 12 S-ranks away to finishing (but only 15k to my name)

Any suggestions for a team to farm Meowth?

Conkeldurr plus 3 ghosts was my go to. Consistently getting the 500. That's all gone to pot now.

I tend to take whatever

-Fighting type in need of training
-Power of 4 user or something strong or reliable equivalent (slowly feed Articuno RML)
-A weak pokemon (right now it's Vanillish)
-Last spot can be anything in need of training (with Houndoom Comp next I've got Manaphy here last week was Acceglor)

I would imagine that means we won't get one til next update at the earliest, which I kind of wish I hadn't burned through all my hearts.

But I would be kicking myself if I didn't take advantage of the glitch and it was patched the next day. Had I been in reaching distance of Jumpluff I would had be satisfied but now I'm 12 S-ranks away to finishing (but only 15k to my name)

I've got 300 coins, I've never been so poor! I had a Pokémon run away without even letting me throw a Great Ball and I was amazed because I'd never seen that before, then I realised it was because I didn't even have 2,500 coins.

But yeah, I'm way ahead of where I was yesterday so who cares, I was only gonna spend the coins on these stages anyway and a damn sight slower. I'm not bothered about hearts, I'd saved up 99 and I'd had them for about six months and I've no idea what I was expecting to happen that I'd need them - something like this, surely!

pHand

LOL, just used Brute Force to cheese my way through Survival Mode. Ended up with 30 moves left and only spent 10k coins. Thanks, GS!

Did Stage 251-300 of the escalation battle Today. Yes you have to use M+5 if you want to be able to consistently clear the stages but honestly with skips it wasn't THAT big a drain. Not like I have much to use those coins on anyway since I've already cleared the rest of the game outside of a few mission cards.

Yeah the reward might "only" be 3 max level up, but those are literally the most valuable item in the game and the more I can get get my hands on the better.

I think my Pokemon just aren't strong enough to finish the last run, so instead I've used my coins on Yveltal. I'm halfway through SL4 and managed to get 1 RML so far, so I think it's a better use for coins if you don't have a maxed out team for Keldeo-R.

LOL, just used Brute Force to cheese my way through Survival Mode. Ended up with 30 moves left and only spent 10k coins. Thanks, GS!

What team did you use? I'm considering this before the bug gets fixed. Probably MBee, Snorlax, Rhyhorn and someone else, but WHO

pHand

What team did you use? I'm considering this before the bug gets fixed. Probably MBee, Snorlax, Rhyhorn and someone else, but WHO

I used M-Bee (Lv 13, SL1, 12/12 MSU), Hoopa-U (Lv 10, SL4), Krookodile (Lv 10, SL3), and Snorlax (Lv 5, SL3). Rhyhorn in place of Krookodile is probably better, but I haven't caught it yet. I basically only used coins for DD on the later fixed stages: http://www.serebii.net/shuffle/survival.shtml

I just beat Survival Mode itemless with a team of Gengar, Yveltal, Machamp and Snorlax.

Was really easy. A bit too easy in fact. Each stage had well over 30 moves. How can you fail?

I'm wondering if it was this easy because it was my first attempt though? Does it get harder the more you go at it?

CassSept

I think they did fix a bug immediately once, but I can't remember which one it was. Happened totally out of the blue too.

I need to remember to use the glitch this weekend before they fix this, at this point Survival Mode is the only thing I'm missing and thanks to relatively less content these past weeks I'm near coin cap too, so that sounds like a perfect moment to do it.

JoeM86

It's weird. My Japanese 3DS has received the special 10,000 Coins and 30 hearts gifts but my English 3DS hasn't. These gifts are separate to the daily ones at the moment

Orgen

What's this Snorlax bug everyone's talking about? I need to S Rank a lot of stages so with all the free hearts would be a godsend to me :D

CassSept

What's this Snorlax bug everyone's talking about? I need to S Rank a lot of stages so with all the free hearts would be a godsend to me :D

Don't update today, apparently it's been fixed.

They screwed up something during the update and Snorlax's skill, Brute Force, which increase damage against NVE Pokemon triggered no matter the type of opponent, which resulted in insane damage output.

Orgen

They screwed up something during the update and Snorlax's skill, Brute Force, which increase damage against NVE Pokemon triggered no matter the type of opponent, which resulted in insane damage output.

Yoooooo, I already updated :( That's what happens for not reading this thread more frequently

Still working today on the 3DS. I expect it to be fixed with tomorrow's Check In.

Sad times. This bug has been ridiculously fun.

pHand

I just beat Survival Mode itemless with a team of Gengar, Yveltal, Machamp and Snorlax.

Was really easy. A bit too easy in fact. Each stage had well over 30 moves. How can you fail?

I'm wondering if it was this easy because it was my first attempt though? Does it get harder the more you go at it?

Try it again now that the Snorlax bug has been fixed ;) The way it works is that you get 5 moves per stage, but if you don't use up all of the moves they get banked. The problem is you don't get to change teams between stages, so you'll inevitably reach stages where only one or none of your Pokemon deal Super Effective damage. The Snorlax bug trivialized Survival Mode because you didn't have to worry about type effectiveness.

Also note that the rewards change after the first time you complete it. For example, you receive 3 RMLs upon first completion, but after that you'll only get 1 Exp Booster L.

Guess I won't check in today. What would I lose out on?

Flying through my mission cards with the bug, though some of the earlier EX stages are so easy now with the power creep I could probably do them without the bug.

Still needed items for Florges though.

Ran out of coins and hearts at stage 549, haha. So close. Would have been nice to get that final S-rank because I wanted to get the last expert stage out of the way but it's no big deal, I'll just have to save up some coins and clear it the old-fashioned way.

pHand

Guess I won't check in today. What would I lose out on?

Flying through my mission cards with the bug, though some of the earlier EX stages are so easy now with the power creep I could probably do them without the bug.

Still needed items for Florges though.

You'd lose out on the once-a-day Thundurus-I, which has a 6.25% chance of dropping an MSU. There's also the daily check-in bonus on 3DS. It looks like they're giving away an MSU and even a Jewel in the upcoming days, so try to finish up whatever you can quickly.

Think Thundurus appears without check in on 3DS. Looks like I'll miss out on a Disruption Delay today but tomorrow is a speedup so I'll do it then.

Think Thundurus appears without check in on 3DS. Looks like I'll miss out on a Disruption Delay today but tomorrow is a speedup so I'll do it then.

Thundurus can be played without checking in, yeah. And I just got a MSU from it!

I'll check in very late tonight for the MSU. Try to make the most of Snorlax today.

I think I've hit a road block with Snorlax

4 S-Ranks left but only 8000 coins. Hoopla, M-Metagross, Tentacool and Tentacruel

I climbed to 247 in the EB but damn those levels are insane with only 8 moves. Even exploiting with Glitchlax I'll need a +5 for those 3 levels.

Still though with 50k got near 70 S-Ranks in two and a half days

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
freakin' hell, I've been completely forgetting to give Mewtwo mega speedups to help with weekend Meowth. & damn it, my first run after spending a jewel was one of the worst I've had, only 2,600 & that was AFTER the Moves +5.

Maybe something will happen next week to use my coins & 68 spare hearts on......& with that, I've probably made it so we have a new safari...

pHand

Almost done farming Yveltal, and so far I've gotten 4 RMLs. Probably around 40k coins spent so far, which is still way cheaper than what I would've spent to finish Keldeo-R. The PSB drop rate has been sporadic, but the stage is super easy so it's not as much of a slog. The stage has also opened my eyes up on Nosedive. Being able to more consistently deal massive damage is so satisfying.

freakin' hell, I've been completely forgetting to give Mewtwo mega speedups to help with weekend Meowth. & damn it, my first run after spending a jewel was one of the worst I've had, only 2,600 & that was AFTER the Moves +5.

Maybe something will happen next week to use my coins & 68 spare hearts on......& with that, I've probably made it so we have a new safari...

Somewhat related, but it seems that Mega Boost++ has received another buff as of the last update, and is now 50/60/100 at SL5. If it was 80% for a 4-match maybe it might be worth it, but for now a fully MSU'd Mewtwo plus Unown-! can probably get MMY up and running in a single move anyway.

I finally checked in. Spent 60 banked hearts and a fair bit of coins. Some stages are still BS even with the bug so I stopped wasting more time on them.

It's really good for EX stages though. Itemless S rank of Honchkrow is pretty amazing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I have both Mega Boost+ & MB++ at skill level 3. I'm trying to balance leveling those skills up & Nosedive on Meloetta.

Meanwhile, I feel like I've used all the Skill Swappers that will be useful to me. Probably will start to use RMLs on Ash-Greninja.

Any suggestions for a team to farm Meowth?

Conkeldurr plus 3 ghosts was my go to. Consistently getting the 500. That's all gone to pot now.

What kind of damage did Conkeldurr use to have? Maybe just use Hippodon's LDE at lvl 1 a match 3 is 300 hp and match 4 is 450 (something like that I toyed around with 3 ghost and one K.O. ability)

It's really good for EX stages though. Itemless S rank of Honchkrow is pretty amazing.

Agh, that's what I should have done was collect those worthless EX mon just in case they become relevant one day. Oh well.

pHand

Agh, that's what I should have done was collect those worthless EX mon just in case they become relevant one day. Oh well.

The Expert stages need an overhaul for sure. I was looking through my list and I was surprised by how many I caught but didn't have a rank for, then realized it was because they were also Special stages at one point or another. What's the point of getting S ranks if they're just going to be Special stages, and with less HP/better catch rates to boot.

What kind of damage did Conkeldurr use to have? Maybe just use Hippodon's LDE at lvl 1 a match 3 is 300 hp and match 4 is 450 (something like that I toyed around with 3 ghost and one K.O. ability)

It used to be 360 with a match of 3 if his ability hit.

I've had a bit of a play around with different teams for Meowth today now that Snorlax has gone back to sleep, and actually sticking with Conkeldurr has garnered the better results. Him plus 3 even weaker ghosts is golden. You can afford to have one of those ridiculous sky falls with a combo of 10 or more and still do barely any damage. Just make sure you have a 4 match of Conkldurr lined up for the last hit and you don't have to worry about what little damage you've done.

The Expert stages need an overhaul for sure. I was looking through my list and I was surprised by how many I caught but didn't have a rank for, then realized it was because they were also Special stages at one point or another. What's the point of getting S ranks if they're just going to be Special stages, and with less HP/better catch rates to boot.

How the handled the Expert Stages is odd, soon as it became a challenge to keep up with S-ranks the quality of Pokemon they rewarded you with fell off a cliff. It's like they didn't want to make the rich richer so they decided the only thing fair was no one gets nice things.

I don't even mind the re-releases into Special and now even Regular Stages if it worked like an Exclusive timed release. Advanced players get a powerful mon with a great ability and everyone else will have to wait a while for a chance to catch it or catch up in S-ranks.

UyfhwJx.jpg

dat 5 match super bolt

WVW69kPBv8wEvYSBbi

For those unaware, the challenge is to get as high a score as you can on Meowth stage 37, the caveat being that you have to also get 530 coins. Harder than you think. No Snorlax cheating if you haven't checked in still!

No idea if Joe even reads this thread any more, but NEW HIGH SCORE.

JoeM86

30 hearts check in on 3DS today, be prepared. 20 more hearts tomorrow as well I think.

I'm inexplicably at the Heart limit.

I'm also at the Jewel limit now because of a Jewel campaign. I haven't put money into this game in months yet they're giving me free Jewels up the wazoo.

I think this is building up to the Alola Pokémon coming, perhaps tomorrow

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I still have 87 extra hearts. What the hell am I suppose to use them on? I'm almost at level 200 of the escalation battle.

...oh, it gave me a jewel instead of more hearts.

There's currently a 30 Hearts and 10 Jewel gift going for all players outside of the daily bonuses as well

I think it's 30 Hearts and 10k coins at least on 3DS the jewel reward is something separate for those who have spent money on the game.

Today I got 10k today so I guess I get 30 hearts tomorrow with the scheduled 20 hearts. I Must be off a day because I skipped one or two check ins because of Snorlax.

Is it OK if I post my friend code (mobile) here? I need to fill 6 spots.
This thread moves slow enough I don't think it is a problem. But I think most in here are 3DS users you might have better success with Reddit's thread

Top Bottom