• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun and Moon worldwide initial shipments top 10 million

SlickVic

I preordered eons ago and they still haven't given me release day shipping. Hell, they aren't even giving me 2-day shipping despite it being marked as such. My listed arrival date is Tuesday.

I'm kind of super pissed about but I won't cancel because the 20% discount and $30 of gift cards.

Huh not sure what's going on then. As soon as I saw the Amazon email that it would come on Nov 22 I just cancelled it and ordered on Best Buy. Thank goodness for GCU.

Sorry for partially derailing this thread with my math, guys.

Here's a question: Is anyone holding out for a potential Switch version? I know it seems crazy with all the hype surrounding these two versions, but I can't help wanting to experience it with IQ that isn't crud.

Here's a question: Is anyone holding out for a potential Switch version? I know it seems crazy with all the hype surrounding these two versions, but I can't help wanting to experience it with IQ that isn't crud.

*Why not buy both versions jpeg*

Whats a mature Pokemon game?

Pikachu-With-Machine-Gun.png

=P

ggx2ac

I made the mistake of saying you were wrong as pointed out by someone else. I didn't notice your % sign at the end because all I was seeing was 1/7 in decimal form.

My mistake, you weren't wrong but most mathematically minded people would have said for you to simplify your answer. By either saying 1/700 of the world population, or having the percentage say 0.14% of the world population rounded to 2 significant figures.

I made the mistake of saying you were wrong as pointed out by someone else. I didn't notice your % sign at the end because all I was seeing was 1/7 in decimal form.

My mistake, you weren't wrong but most mathematically minded people would have said for you to simplify your answer. By either saying 1/700 of the world population, or rounding the percentage to say 0.14% of the world population rounded to 2 significant figures.

It's cool. I thought I may have made some error when I calculated after seeing your response (I didn't go back to verify), but I laid it out in its entirety for the sake of absurdity, hah.

*Why not buy both versions jpeg*

I need cash for FFXV, The Last Guardian, and Gravity Rush 2. :[

lupinko

I'm contributing, I just reserved Sun and Moon cartridges at the Pokémon Center and am going to buy eshop Moon at Lawson.

I'll get my NA copies of Sun and Moon cartridges and eshop Sun for Christmas.

Preordered tomorrow when I get paid! I'm hype! Pity we have to wait until! Wednesday here in the UK and my og 3ds will suffer stutter according to a couple of reviews. I'm not buying a new 3ds this close to switch though!

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
For reference XY shipped 12m worldwide up til December 31

X/Y was a front-loaded title and word of mouth didn't help.

It came out one month earlier than Sun/Moon and shipped 12m until the end of December. Sun/Moon should top that number for the quarter.

viHuGi

Banned
Unbelievable, by December 31st it will be the biggest 3Ds Game ever.

Also biggest game of the year most likely.

Can't wait to see Media Create next week.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I doubt this will happen based on all the years of Pokémon sales data we have access to.

XY was likely hampered more by the quick release of ORAS than negative word of mouth.

What do you say, that they have stuffed so much the channels and can't ship 2m more?

ramparter

Banned
An HD version for Switch would help the console big. I feel bad for Nintendo if they want it and Pokemon Company disagrees.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Nintendo is highly conservative with manufacturing. Look at Amiibos and the Nes Classic. Their conservatism caused Ocarina of Time 3ds, Star Fox 3D and a bunch of 3DS, Wii, and Wii U games to become hard to find for awhile before much needed reprints. They aren't going to just ship out 10 million copies of a game without feeling highly confident in sales/preorders.

Nintendo doesn't follow price protection like most publishers and that's why you hardly see price drops or limited supply at their games.

When something collapses at price it's because retailers overestimated demand.

KtSlime

When is it supposed to be out? Tomorrow? Or the 19th? I have ordered it on Prime, but I am worried that I will have to wait all day for it. I didn't know I'd get tomorrow off.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
X/Y sold 4 million in the first weekend, this should double that (at least).

Pokemon Co. said Sun/Moon initial shipment is 150% of X/Y. X/Y shipped 7m and sold 4 at weekend. Expecting selling 8 from a shipment of 10 doesn't sound likely, it needs a very high sell-through.

maxcriden

Not suprising. Expecting it to sell gangbusters. I tried pre-ordering from Amazon last week and couldn't get release date delivery; wonder if they already sold through their entire pre-release stock (managed to get it on BestBuy.com so it's all good).

I preordered eons ago and they still haven't given me release day shipping. Hell, they aren't even giving me 2-day shipping despite it being marked as such. My listed arrival date is Tuesday.

I'm kind of super pissed about but I won't cancel because the 20% discount and $30 of gift cards.

I'm sorry to hear it, both of you. This is a frequent problem with Amazon and preorders in my experience. I would recommend you contact Amazon CS to see if there's anything they can do. They're usually really good.

Hegarol

Rumors said that it's a Game Freak game, so a mainline one.
I think this was discussed a few months ago and most of us aggreed someone assumed a mainline game because they heard something about Pokemon.
You shouldn't get your hope up, its probably a spinoff. If we are lucky its not a Channel but more like an XD/Colosseum game.

LordKano

I think this was discussed a few months ago and most of us aggreed someone assumed a mainline game because they heard something about Pokemon.
You shouldn't get your hope up, its probably a spinoff. If we are lucky its not a Channel but more like an XD/Colosseum game.

I would be fine with anything Pokémon related as long as it's a good game tbh.

phanphare

Banned

yes I am. I believe it's been strongly hinted at by emily rogers and I don't want to double dip.

daxgame

yes I am. I believe it's been strongly hinted at by emily rogers and I don't want to double dip.

hmm, I've seen her saying that a Pkémon game will be coming in the first 12 months on Switch, but was there anything hinting specifically to S&M?

phanphare

Banned
hmm, I've seen her saying that a Pkémon game will be coming in the first 12 months on Switch, but was there anything hinting specifically to S&M?

yeah I don't think it was her but there was a tweet that I saw in one of the Switch threads mentioning emily rogers that said the game is what everyone expects but it also has a really cool name. shocking alberto confirmed that the name is really cool. so I think it's probably the 3rd game like yellow, crystal, and platinum.

ramparter

Banned
Well, The Pokemon Company has already said they are working on a game for Switch, so I don't think this will be the case.

Rumors said that it's a Game Freak game, so a mainline one.
Still imo it will be a missed opprtunity if they dont make a version of this one that's already developed. A main pokemon in the first year would be huge.

yeah I don't think it was her but there was a tweet that I saw in one of the Switch threads mentioning emily rogers that said the game is what everyone expects but it also has a really cool name. shocking alberto confirmed that the name is really cool. so I think it's probably the 3rd game like yellow, crystal, and platinum.
Well Sound like Pokemon Eclipse ;)

13ruce

Banned
Switch versions for sure after all said is done first cash in on 3DS then release the rhird version on Switch for even more sales.

Top Bottom