• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X & Y sell more than 4 million units worldwide in first two days

FLAguy954

Some NPD numbers (3DS(2013) vs PSP(2007))

March
PSP: 180K
3DS: 230K

April
PSP: 183K
3DS: 113K

May:
PSP 221K
3DS 114K

June
PSP: 290K
3DS: 225K

July
PSP: 214K
3DS: 150K

August
PSP: 151K
3DS: 130K

Total:
PSP: 1239K
3DS: 962K

You don't want to see DS numbers...

The PSP barely edges out the 3DS and it got those numbers with the iPhone barely being a month old and a non-existent Android user-base.

The 3DS' sales, in comparison, are far more impressive considering the massive amounts of smart-phone users and how much more fiercely competitive the portable space has become.

So excuse me if I'm not impressed by your comparison and that I feel the 3DS is selling very well given it's very different (and more difficult) circumstances.

Lexxism

The PSP barely edges out the 3DS and it got those numbers with the iPhone barely being a month old and a non-existent Android user-base.

The 3DS' sales, in comparison, are far more impressive considering the massive amounts of smart-phone users and how much more fiercely competitive the portable space has become.

So excuse me if I'm not impressed by your comparison and that I feel the 3DS is selling very well given it's very different (and more difficult) circumstances.

What's more, 3DS is ahead(by at least 5m) of PSP in worldwide sales on their 10th quarter of its life.

Yanikun

Banned
I still think the 3DS can do even better than that, in the US. Maybe we'll start seeing the 3DS outselling the PSP now that Ani Kuro and Pokemon are out and it's getting its own Zelda, Mario Party, and Kirby next year. That might be a strong enough combo to improve upon its numbers so far.

liger05

What's more, 3DS is ahead(by at least 5m) of PSP in worldwide sales on their 10th quarter of its life.

No doubt the 3DS could do better but being 5mil ahead of the PSP at this stage is pretty significant considering the different market conditions and the PSP was a sales beast out of the gate.

Top Bottom