• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament co-developed with Harada and Namco Bandai Announced for arcades

tbm24

So, Tekken games from Arcade to Console

Tekken 6: 2 years
Tekken 5: 3 months
Tekken 4: 8 months
Tekken 3: 1 year
Tekken 2: 7 months
Tekken 1: 4 months
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: 1 year
Tekken Tag Tournament 1: 9 months

Bit of a wildcard in attempting to predict

Namco isn't likely to pull a Tekken 5 again. Releasing it so soon hurt their arcade business quite a bit. 8-12 months most likely. If anything people should hope for a 1 year gap. This way the game is ironed out and consoles get the latest revision+likely extra characters.

Cynn

I require this game! Wii U or the cabinet it's self... I'll have it. Here's hope that Scizor joins the fight!

Kouriozan

My guess is that it'll be announced for Wii U a few months after Smash 4 release.
Or it'll be for the next Nintendo home console, haha.

Espada

Wow, so Pokken was real after all. Looks pretty good for how early it is. I'm not expecting this game in North America until late 2015. Oh well, more time for it to blow people's socks off at E3 2015 and be Nintendo's big holiday title.

I think a good roster for this game would be:

- Lucario (confirmed)
- Blaziken (confirmed)
- Machamp (confirmed)
- Hitmonchan
- Hitmonlee
- Heracross
- Hariyama
- Breloom
- Infernape
- Toxicroak
- Mienshao
- Hawlucha
- Poliwrath
- Scrafty
- Pikachu (either regular or the Pikachu Libre)

This way you get all sorts of different fighting styles, aesthetics, and elemental effects.

A Pokemon fighting game based on Tekken having only fighting pokemon makes perfect sense, and they deserve it after the severe nerf they got in Gen 6.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
A Pokémon x Tekken for Arcade... ?

funny-gif-nathan-fillion-castle.gif
Was the sentence in bold in the OP still not seeable by people?

javac

Arcade releases for fighting games especially in Japan are pretty much the norm. Even Persona 4 Arena got an arcade release first right? The main question is how long it takes to get "ported" over. I'm guessing it'll be mid to end of next year at the earliest.

In 2015 we have...
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Mario Maker
  • Star Fox
  • Splatoon
  • Zelda
  • And now Pokken.

I'm guessing pokken will release in the October/November period if it comes out on Wii U next year since that's when Pokemon games tend to release unless we get a Mainline game next year like X/Y 2. Zelda will be the big holiday title.

javac

You think they'll make a Wii U fighting stick for this? I wouldn't mind that. Pro Controller is a must. I bet the gamepad will have click-able attacks like SSF4 3D. Also imagine GameCube controller support :p

Espada

Why? There are some Pokemon who are humanoid but not fighting type, hopefully those are included.

Because it makes the most sense? Fighting types are often based on one type of fighting, much in the same way that fighting game rosters like Tekken have martial artists of all stripes.

In the context of a pokemon fighting game why drop Toxicroak for Froslass? Blaziken for Metagross? Or Machamp for Ampharos? In what I assume will be a small roster, the choice of which pokemon to include matters that much more.

Axass

It's optimistic prediction. This game will definitely come to Nintendo console but not necessary WiiU. It can be Nintendo next gen console launch title.

The game shown today would look bad on Wii U, let alone superior hardware. Like many others I predict a Fall 2015 release date.

Neff

A Pokémon arcade game is a pretty smart move. It gets an insanely popular franchise into the hands of those without Nintendo hardware, without placating rival formats, and offers something to competitive hardcore gamers at the same time. It probably won't set the FGC alight or have Wii Us flying off the shelves when it inevitably gets a port, but damn it's a clever strategy.

Lernaean

Banned
It's optimistic prediction. This game will definitely come to Nintendo console but not necessary WiiU. It can be Nintendo next gen console launch title.

I doubt it. Nintendo next home console is 2 years away at least.
I bet PT will be on arcades early 2015 and late 2015 on WiiU.

Busaiku

You think they'll make a Wii U fighting stick for this? I wouldn't mind that. Pro Controller is a must. I bet the gamepad will have click-able attacks like SSF4 3D. Also imagine GameCube controller support :p

There's a Tekken Tag Tournament 2 stick for Wii U.

This will release late next year with amiibos. It's a no brainer.

Pretty cool!

I feel dumb for not thinking of this immediately once I saw the thread.

I wonder if they'll also make the figures compatible with the arcade version. Wasn't there another arcade fighter that did something similar with unique stats the players could save and take with them anywhere?

Arcade releases for fighting games especially in Japan are pretty much the norm. Even Persona 4 Arena got an arcade release first right? The main question is how long it takes to get "ported" over. I'm guessing it'll be mid to end of next year at the earliest.

In 2015 we have...
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Mario Maker
  • Star Fox
  • Splatoon
  • Zelda
  • And now Pokken.

I'm guessing pokken will release in the October/November period if it comes out on Wii U next year since that's when Pokemon games tend to release unless we get a Mainline game next year like X/Y 2. Zelda will be the big holiday title.

And Devils 3rd, perhaps Fatal Frame and Fire Emblem. Though some of the titles could be delayed and i think we don´t know all the games that are out 2015. Great times ahead. 2016 new 3D Mario and Metroid Prime 4.

@elgato: a Wii U release is very likely.

Lernaean

Banned
"For Arcades"
window-wiiu.jpg

Ice cold, Nintendo.

Very funny, original and appropriate.
I'll give you two hints.
1) The game IS coming to WiiU.
2) That image shows a window showing a rainy day outside, the WiiU is clearly reflected on the window glass, so it means it's inside, warm and cuddly.

Top Bottom