• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Policenauts English Patch finally releasing TODAY!

Big Papa Husker said:
I just ordered the Interactive Cinema version. Now, I wonder how long it will take to get to the US...?
I just got it in the mail and am about to patch the game into English. I see that it is compatible with the PS mouse and was wondering would it be worth picking one up? My local game store has them for $5 or so.

pje122

I didn't use the mouse, and thought it worked fine with the pad. It would be hard to get a high score at the shooting range with just the pad though...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You don't need the mouse. I played the game fine with the D-pad on the PSP-1000's.

Just learn to use L1/R1 for lockon as the last story section/shooting section is BRUTAL.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Big Papa Husker said:
I just got it in the mail and am about to patch the game into English. I see that it is compatible with the PS mouse and was wondering would it be worth picking one up? My local game store has them for $5 or so.
I have no experience using one on this game... but I would go for it! Moving cursors with D-pad is lame. $5? Do it.

protonion

I used the pad and won easily all the fights (which are really few).
Awesome game. Don't forget to play with every woman's boobs!
Kojima please make a sequel!

Phatcorns

Just finished the game. Had bought it on PSN a while ago but never bothered trying to go through it. Found out the English patch was finally out and have been playing it on a psp rip for the last week or so.

I like how Kojima just knows how to be melodramatic. He isn't afraid to be corny or sappy and just makes it work. The main musical theme is so fucking good too. Every time it played I got so excited. Worked perfectly in the ending too.

I had no idea this game had a lock on OR mouse support. Probably would have made the end easier, but I didn't die so it's perfectly fine with a d-pad.

Overall, took me about 12 hours. Probably gonna try out Snatcher at some point. I would love to have a sequel to this on DS though. NOT a remake though. I'm really tired of playing through things twice.

such attention to detail. i love it

policenauts-sekuhara4.png

IrishNinja

finally getting into this one, and it's really awesome - bits of Die Hard mixed in with all the Lethal Weapon stuff so far. between this and Blade Runner/Snatcher, i wish Kojima was back to adventure games like this.

but HOLY FUCK I CANT DEFUSE THIS STUPID BOMB...gonna see if that gamefaqs guide can help.

IrishNinja

it's been a while since i played Snatcher, but i remember thinking it was brilliant for its time & wishing id've found it back on Sega-CD....what did you like there more than here? i honestly wasnt expecting to enjoy this one as much as i am.

just hit disc 2 - about how much is there left to go?

BadWolf

Templar Wizard said:
im on disc 2 now and i am wondering where i can go after this.
is there a medgacd emu for the psp so i can play snatcher on it?

Finished Snatcher on psp a couple or so years ago using the Picodrive emulator, worked perfectly iirc.

EXGN

ArjanN said:
I thought Snatcher had better pacing.

Definitely agree on that note. The first disc of Policenauts seemed a lot slower, more investigation and what not. The second disc flew by with considerably less investigative bits and way more action/dialog sequences.

Definitely seemed like Kojima was rushed to throw Policenauts out the door, I wonder if the first renditions of Snatcher (when it was only 2 acts) felt the same way.

i would say no, those were the design decisions, no rushing.
He gets pacing OH SO RIGHT on one title and then on the next one FUCK IT UP COMPLETELY.
eg, MGS3 and MGS4

EXGN said:
Definitely agree on that note. The first disc of Policenauts seemed a lot slower, more investigation and what not. The second disc flew by with considerably less investigative bits and way more action/dialog sequences.

I don't think that was a result of development getting rushed; it's just imitating a cop movie that would have the same structure (lots of investigation in the first part, lots of action in the second part.) Doesn't work as well for a game, though, I agree.

Top Bottom