• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Policenauts English Patch finally releasing TODAY!

alterno69

Banned
I´m using a friends account because i don´t know why i can´t create new topics. i hope he doesn´t get mad:D

policenautsout.jpg

So the thing is after a lot of effort between people from México, England and the US, finally the fan made translation for Policenauts is complete. It will be available in 1 hour or so.

I hope you enjoy it

For more info check http://policenauts.net/

Cool trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2PGy3dsO4I

Be sure to thank all the guys behind this!

renzo

Im the one who posted this, this is my original account.

Been testing it for a few months and the translation is flawless, i´m so happy to finaly play this, go out and spread the word.

HUELEN10

alterno69 said:
I´m using a friends account because i don´t know why i can´t create new topics. i hope he doesn´t get mad:D
n5kocj.jpg

As for this game in English, that is good news indeed! I hope it happens one day to Captain Rainbow.

oh my god thank you dude, one question though uhm is there some way to put this patch in the iso directly so i can eboot it and play it in my psp?

IrishNinja

so awesome! after Mother 3, i was hoping this one was moving ahead but hadnt seen an update - this just went on my list of games to beat this year, for sure. much love to these guys.

now if that extra KOTOR 2 stuff gets tied up this year, itll be a clean sweep.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Holy shit... I didn't think this'd ever get finished.

I'm pretty excited -- I've wanted to play this game for so damn long.

vocab

Blu_LED said:
Oh man, the game is really expensive. Is it worth the import?

You can buy it off the JP PSN store if you want :lol

I wouldn't buy an actual physical copy though. Kojima anit getting the money for it. Also, the PS1 version is cheap. I don't know if you are looking at the NEC PC-9821 or 3DO version, because both of those are way too expensive.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
alterno69 said:
So the thing is after a lot of effort between people from México, England and the US, finally the fan made translation for Policenauts is complete. It will be available in 1 hour or so.

I hope you enjoy it

Be sure to thank all the guys behind this!

HOLY FUCK! FINALLY!

Be still my heart!

But I have other games/RPGs to complete before I can play this! :(

And I haven't played Snatcher since I don't have a Sega CD. :(

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i thought i'd get an email, but i heard it hear first :lol

time to dust off my psp. (i bought policenauts on the japanese psn, does anybody know if there's any way to alter the file with the new patch, or not?)

TheSeks

mattiewheels said:
time to dust off my psp. (i bought policenauts on the japanese psn, does anybody know if there's any way to alter the file with the new patch, or not?)

Popstation.

Damn, this would've been a great game to play for my stay-at-home vacation. I start working again on Monday : /

Still, super excited to finally play this mofo and not have to worry about needing a guide :D

TheSeks

renzo said:
FYI The PSN version is not compatible with the patch

Really? :| I guess Konami changed something in the release like FF7 US got a retranslation on a few lines (apparently) in the US PSN release of it.

I was worried I wouldn't be able to see Policenauts in English during my lifetime. Now I can put those fears to rest. I still remember the 2 page review Gamefan did on it, and always dreamed of playing it. This made my day. :D

TheSeks

Tain said:
oh fuck, Konami's seriously preventing the release of this thing?

No. We're talking the PSN release, which has something changed so it can't be patched to have English script (yet?), unlike the disc release.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Ah what a lovely birthday present Junker HQ! I know it's meant for Kojima's birthday but I'll take whatever piece I can :D

That trailer is awesome. Hearing the Policenauts ending theme kick in gave me goosebumps.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It gets released 2am my local time, midnight for Japan to coincide with the stroke of the date switching to the 24th. Looks like I'm in for another long night.

I wish they worked on the Saturn version as well as it would have been nice to play it with my stunner. Oh well, I'm really stoked they finally finished this project. I'll have to load this up on my PSP. SWEEEEEET

Top Bottom