• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Policenauts English Patch finally releasing TODAY!

equap said:
Holocaust sad or 9/11 sad?

wuorxy.jpg

maybe now this thread will get some more attention!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Can't do much about it. The average gamer cares little for credits or staff information in games, let alone movies, unless it is literally thrust in their face at every marketing moment possible. Kojima is famous for one thing outside of Japan and that is MGS.

Flek

Banned
i just had a guy in a nother board asking "who is this guy??" after someone posted a picture of himself and kojima ... gamers these days are nuts NUTS ( ;) )

BluWacky

Cruzader said:
hmm, do I have to play Snatcher to enjoy this game or what?

No, it's only a spiritual sequel, not an actual sequel.

I don't know why I'm excited about this. I hate Japanese adventure games, with their slow text and limited interactivity. But I am, nonetheless.

Peff

Nope. Both have the same gameplay system but story-wise they're independent. Although you should play it regardless.

Where is it :(?

EDIT:

Code:
Coming very shortly, guys....

Yay!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cruzader said:

It's in a similar vein, but no you don't.

Also for the people that played Snatcher on PSP. Did you use the PSX version or the Sega CD version? I've been meaning to play Snatcher and want to play it on my PSP but I'm not sure how to go about it. :lol

Blu_LED said:
What about through Linux?
Running through Linux might work but it will not be as satisfying as it should be especially since Linux via PS3 doesn't recognizes the graphic card. Best bet is PC. I haven't tried it and never will though. Googling might help.

TheSeks said:
It's in a similar vein, but no you don't.

Also for the people that played Snatcher on PSP. Did you use the PSX version or the Sega CD version? I've been meaning to play Snatcher and want to play it on my PSP but I'm not sure how to go about it. :lol

I used the sega CD version, it worked quite well. PicoCD is the emulator you want, all it requires is the bios IIRC, then you slap the disc image for snatcher in and you're good to go.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

TheSeks

Blu_LED said:
What do you think I'm dumb? It's still blacked out.

Then your browser fails at frames/you fail at Flash navigation.

Patch

Monday, August 24th, 2009

Policenauts English v1.00 (filesizehere)

BluWacky

TheSeks said:
Then your browser fails at frames/you fail at Flash navigation.

It doesn't work in Google Chrome, for some reason, if that's what Blu_LED's using. Haven't tried it in IE.

However, links to download the patch are on the site forum instead. Get it that way!

BluWacky said:
It doesn't work in Google Chrome, for some reason, if that's what Blu_LED's using. Haven't tried it in IE.

However, links to download the patch are on the site forum instead. Get it that way!
I'm using Safari. Whatever I'll just download it from the links.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What were the rules when the Mother 3 patch was released? I'm pretty sure a lot of people in there didn't have a Japanese cart.

BluWacky

duckroll said:
So, I presume everyone here who will post impressions has imported the PS1 game, or bought it off JP PSN right?

Handy notes for purchase (not for duck, obviously, but anyone else who wants a copy):

NCSX have the PS Books version in stock for $35/£23 apparently.

There are a fair few copies on eBay, several on Buy It Now at around the £10 mark shipping internationally which are presumably legit (and a definitely legit £18 PS Books version).

And the PSN version is an absolute steal at Y600/£4/$6, even though you can't use it with this patch due to the DRM etc. But at least you'll own a copy! You'll need a Japanese PSN account (Google instructions for it) and points for the Japanese store - you can buy Y1,000 cards on eBay if you don't have a card that'll work.

You can buy Policenauts through the web here (I believe!), or through the Game Archives on your PS3 (get into the Japanese store, pick ゲームアーカイブス which is the fourth option down. You can search through the games by title using the first option that comes up - Policenauts is thoughtfully titled in the Roman alphabet, although on the off chance it isn't keep a look out for ポリスノーツ).

TheSeks

Ninja Kn1ght said:
As a huge fan of Kojima, I purchased the PS1 version years ago.

Can the patch be applied in OS X?

Possible, but I can't find a .prx patcher for it on Mac, so I'm switching to 'doze to patch it with the .bat file included with it. :lol

Looks like I'll be searching eBay for this game. Want to try it out. Know nothing about it but the info in this thread and since MGS is one of the best series ever, I've gotta try this. :D

Is it possible to patch it and run it on any of the PlayStation's? I don't have a modded PSP anymore but I guess I could try that if PSOne or Two are to hard to do.

Edit: Just found a copy for $12. Be here in a few days. :D

God fucking dammit why did they have to make a XDelta patch? There is no XDelta app for Mac that works. They couldn't use IPS or something could they, NOOOOOO.
Blu_LED said:
Okay I'm trying to do the patch now, and I'm fucking terrible at this stuff.

I put the two ISO's into the Policenauts_English_v1.00 folder, and now I need to download something from http://code.google.com/p/xdelta/. Which one should I download? Does this program work on Mac?
I went through this a while ago with another game I needed to patch and I was unable to do it. I ended up having to use a hexedit program to apply the changes manually. There's no way that can be done with something as big as this though.

TheSeks said:
Possible, but I can't find a .prx patcher for it on Mac, so I'm switching to 'doze to patch it with the .bat file included with it. :lol
I wish I could do that, but when the Geniuses at Apple gave me my replacement computer for on that was broken and they restored all my stuff on the new computer they formatted the drive in a way that Boot Camp doesn't like...

Top Bottom