• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Lake

You should of scratched out american and put canadian.
I don't see Obama renouncing his ties to Kenya.

I just realized...Ted Cruz is ugly as shit.
He looks like somebody or something but I can't place it. This is the closest I've gotten so far.

tPLgwQq.jpg

lpylQ5J.jpg

Or maybe???

gZ1Po1m.gif

bananas

Banned
Can I request a title change?

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| BREAKING: Doing dumb things that people hate makes you unpopular

On the really off chance that this ends up being the poligaf thread until the elections next year

Dems are gonna pick up 30 seats in the house

Hold even in the senate

Pick up michigan, pennsylvania, maine, florida for governor's seats, with ohio, wisconsin, and south carolina possibly within reach but we'll see

i'm making this my prediction post because diablos asked me to

I did really well last time

drunk predictions
Rest assured, my predictions stay the same regardless of my mental state.

However diablos specifically requested i put my reputation (whatever that is) on the line for this, so here you go.

This is of course assuming that whatever i put here holds true until election day, which is well over a year away, so whatever events may happen between then and now are completely unprecedented and i can't account for those.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I predict that no matter what happens, Wolf Blitzer will once again use a line of questioning that avoids any prior knowledge or understanding of the issue. He might even get ambitious and insist on a situation that removes the need for it!

KingK

Ok, I just got back drunk from a night at the bars and decided to check PoliGaf before going to bed, and that last page of the previous OT was fucking hilarious. I seriously could not stop laughing. Also, thank god for google chrome spell-check.

Diablos

On the really off chance that this ends up being the poligaf thread until the elections next year

Hold even in the senate

Pick up michigan, pennsylvania, maine, florida for governor's seats, with ohio, wisconsin, and south carolina possibly within reach but we'll see

:-D

Dat optimism. We can do this.

edit:

0C5AaGE.jpg

Look at those faces. They are angry but determined. So much resolve.

Ghaleon can still invoke censure against you if necessary.

(Nobody laughed at this joke last thread so I'm using it again. It works for Ted Cruz!)
Just because it's a stated policy platform doesn't mean that once the party gets in power that they'll do anything about it.

He's been after my scalp for years. If he was going to go for it, he'd have done so by now.

ido

Predictions?

Obama gets a third term, makes it illegal to be white, and turns the White House into a mosque.

I think that covers it.

Diablos

Really hoping the D +8 advantage sticks on the generic ballot, and also helps Seantors like Pryor in Arkansas keep their seats in really close Senate races.

Diablos

lol @ Republicans winning the House in 2012... hahaha... it's like all they do is listen to talk radio and think that such a sense of urgency no doubt meant that the Democrats were still controlling all three branches of Government!

You do realize that Harry Reid gets resolve on loan and must repay by being extra spineless later, right?
How do you figure?

Hold even in the senate

Speaking of predictions, I need to fire up and do some re-tooling to the 'ol algorithm in preparation for 2014..

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I'm loving AM radio's new, "Checks and balances the House is elected by the people something something checks and balances so this is all ok! CHECKS AND BALANCES" campaign.

1. Bob Corker said its been a bad 24 hours. No movement. GOP overreached in trying to attack the ACA and now dems overreaching.

2. Lindsay Graham says GOP Senate wont support bill that forces Boehner to break Hastert Rule so no undoing of current funding level.

3. Redstate contributor writes article complaining about being kicked off current insurance plan and having to pay much more for an ACA compliant one and it not being fair.
Ohhhhh the irony of a conservative complaining about losing current plan and experiencing a huge jump in premium in the greatest insurance system in the world.

More funny comments from my night with republicans.

Hilary won't run (trust the guy he talked to someone who worked on her campaign)

If she does she won't have democratic support in the primary and someone else will win.

She can't win a general, polling means nothing this far out. People hate her and the Clinton.

And of course if she does run bengahazi will hurt her. There are too many unanswered questions.

Hilary won't run (trust the guy he talked to someone who worked on her campaign)

If she does she won't have democratic support in the primary and someone else will win.

She can't win a general, polling means nothing this far out. People hate her and the Clinton.

And of course if she does run bengahazi will hurt her. There are too many unanswered questions.

So fun.

bananas

Banned

The next few years are gonna be fun.

KingK

My friend from back home called me last night to see if I was getting on GTA, and then said "you must be regretting who you voted for now."

He was getting more and more ridiculous until he finally said that when the truckers surround DC, Obama is going to use it to declare martial law and he's probably going to try to run for a third term. I told him to stop there, spent about 3 or 4 minutes explaining the facts of the shut down/debt ceiling and where I stand, and then told him that if he was going to ignore facts and be and continue to be completely delusional we should probably change the subject.

He was always rather conservative, but mostly apathetic (I don't think he's ever voted). It's kinda sad to see how radicalized he's gotten since I moved away. I gather that he gets most of this shit from his coworkers at the factory

Riki

My friend from back home called me last night to see if I was getting on GTA, and then said "you must be regretting who you voted for now."

He was getting more and more ridiculous until he finally said that when the truckers surround DC, Obama is going to use it to declare martial law and he's probably going to try to run for a third term. I told him to stop there, spent about 3 or 4 minutes explaining the facts of the shut down/debt ceiling and where I stand, and then told him that if he was going to ignore facts and be and continue to be completely delusional we should probably change the subject.

He was always rather conservative, but mostly apathetic (I don't think he's ever voted). It's kinda sad to see how radicalized he's gotten since I moved away. I gather that he gets most of this shit from his coworkers at the factory

This is a lot of Americans. I've had these conversations at work a lot, and no matter how many times you explain them to people they just don't get it.

However, I will say, ACA has been turning a lot of people. They know it's good. There are people with older relatives and friends and even themselves that suddenly can afford healthcare. HOW ABOUT THAT! And that is having a much bigger effect on their thoughts than anything I could say.

It's no wonder the GOP was so hell bent against it. They know it will be their long term downfall. And the more they fight, the worse it will be for them.

This is a lot of Americans. I've had these conversations at work a lot, and no matter how many times you explain them to people they just don't get it.

However, I will say, ACA has been turning a lot of people. They know it's good. There are people with older relatives and friends and even themselves that suddenly can afford healthcare. HOW ABOUT THAT! And that is having a much bigger effect on their thoughts than anything I could say.

It's no wonder the GOP was so hell bent against it. They know it will be their long term downfall. And the more they fight, the worse it will be for them.

You know what I'm going to find hilarious?

In 10-15 years, I can guarantee you the people who were so adamant against the ACA will be HELL BENT on keeping it untouched or expanded.

I'm sitting here thinking to myself "Yeah...you guys are going to be SUCH hypocrites in a decade or so."

So that's why I sit back and laugh, because I know their going to change their tune once the scary black man is out of office.

Riki

You know what I'm going to find hilarious?

In 10-15 years, I can guarantee you the people who were so adamant against the ACA will be HELL BENT on keeping it untouched or expanded.

I'm sitting here thinking to myself "Yeah...you guys are going to be SUCH hypocrites in a decade or so."

So that's why I sit back and laugh, because I know their going to change their tune once the scary black man is out of office.

I dunno. Will they find the scary white woman any more appealing?

But yes. It's just like every single other government program. People fight and fight and fight. And then they need it. And suddenly it's the greatest thing ever and don't you DARE touch it!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
They need to fire David Gregory, holy shit. His interview with Leon panetta was painful to watch. Basically he said that this is also the presidents fault for "playing" around with debt ceiling. W t f

Funny thing is there are no checks against Congress. Being a deliberative body they're supposed to keep themselves in check.

There are checks. Just not against them not doing their job. Checks and Balances are for excesses. The founders just didn't think they'd be this incompetent, at least the republicans. The 111th was a great congress.

This Yglesias article is amazing

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2013/10/13/shutdown_white_house_obamacare_bailout.html

But here's some reporting from me. Back in the first week of the month, I was in Philadelphia and someone asked me if the reason HealthCare.gov wasn't working was that the people running the site were furloughed because of the shutdown. I explained that no that isn't the case and these are just two unrelated things that happened the same week in politics. Then in Cleveland last week a cab driver who found I was coming from DC explained to me how outrageous he thought it was that Republicans had shut down the websites that would have let him sign up for health insurance. And a bartender told me the GOP is getting what it wants out of the shutdown—Obamacare isn't launching.

Anecdotes but still, Republicans have hurt their brand and bailed out a massive failure on Obama's end. The failure of the website would have but amazing pressure on delaying the law.

They need to fire David Gregory, holy shit. His interview with Leon panetta was painful to watch. Basically he said that this is also the presidents fault for "playing" around with debt ceiling. W t f

Serious people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom