• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can there be an Hispanic cowboy/soldier Dem to run against Cruz because jesus christ, we should be able to exploit the fact that Cruz is the fucking nerdiest nerd who ever lived and the definition of establishment.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What's so bad about Ryan's tax plan that even a good chunk of Republicans are refusing to support it?

What's so bad about Ryan's tax plan that even a good chunk of Republicans are refusing to support it?

It cuts corporate taxes and pays for it with a border adjustment tax.

A border adjustment tax should just cause minor changes to international trade due to the currency appreciating in value, but because the American dollar is so influential and so many debts are held in U.S. dollars, foreign countries would start taking measures to make sure that the U.S. dollar did not increase in value. If the dollar increases in value by a lot, this will cause a financial crisis that will cause a major recession in South America and possibly the U.S.. If the dollar does not increase in value, then the border adjustment tax turns into a massive tariff that raises the price of goods by a huge amount (which really hurts old people, the Republican base).

chadskin

Wow.

FT: Robert Harward turns down Trump's national security offer

C40kn7zWEAMNbut.jpg

Paywall but Harward probably wanted Bannon out and Trump wouldn't budge.

Also, can we dispel this notion once and for all that Bannon has any idea what he's doing? He has no idea what he's doing. The media tries to paint him as this evil genius, but literally every article I read tries to do this by naming the Art of War and some books by right wing hacks as how "diverse" his intellectual tastes are.

Hopefully Harward is just playing hard ball to get his own staff.

Obama's people pushed for him as Flynn's replacement so he's probably much better for the job than anyone else and Trump needs not insane advisers.

Bernie endorsed him because Ellison endorsed him in the primary. Perez wasn't even in the race by the time Warren, Schumer, Pelosi, et al. had endorsed Ellison.

My feeling on the race is that, I like Perez most for the job (actually I like Mayor Pete the most, but I think this job is a waste of his skills for the next four years and he should look to running for higher office instead), but I don't see a lot of daylight between Perez and Ellison, and I think Ellison losing would cause more consternation than Perez losing. So, just give it to Ellison.

Tbh, I kind of get the sense that this is the Ellison camp's strategy (like how claiming it was all sewn up was Perez's), and I kind of despise it? But at this point he's got a gun to our heads so just give him the damn job.

Same fucking thing Bernie did. Hate it hate it hate it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Gutting Medicare, most likely.

He did the same thing back in 2011 and every single Republican went along with it.

It cuts corporate taxes and pays for it with a border adjustment tax.

A border adjustment tax should just cause minor changes to international trade due to the currency appreciating in value, but because the American dollar is so influential and so many debts are held in U.S. dollars, foreign countries would start taking measures to make sure that the U.S. dollar did not increase in value. If the dollar increases in value by a lot, this will cause a financial crisis that will cause a major recession in South America and possibly the U.S.. If the dollar does not increase in value, then the border adjustment tax turns into a massive tariff that raises the price of goods by a huge amount (which really hurts old people, the Republican base).

Ah, I see. Thanks.

HES
LOSING
FUCKING
LEPAGE

Dude...when Paul LePage is the voice of reason you know it's time to take a step back.

Paywall but Harward probably wanted Bannon out and Trump wouldn't budge.

Also, can we dispel this notion once and for all that Bannon has any idea what he's doing? He has no idea what he's doing. The media tries to paint him as this evil genius, but literally every article I read tries to do this by naming the Art of War and some books by right wing hacks as how "diverse" his intellectual tastes are.

I can still remember when Karl Rove was held up to be an unstoppable genius.

lol

but seriously, I don't know who she would have put there. Just keep Kerry or give Bernie it as a olive branch ala Barack making Hil SecState? I don't think he would have taken anything lower.

Why would Bernie want to be Secretary of State? He doesn't really care about foreign policy much at all.

Hillary would assuredly have had people in mind from her time in Foggy Bottom.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are they starting to try and distance themselves from the sinking ship?

Yea. In the build up to inauguration it could be argued it wouldn't get too bad, but it's pretty clear at this point that it's worse than we all thought it would be. He might have a bit of trouble filling that seat.

Also, I doubt Petraeus could get the needed security clearance for the job.

lol

but seriously, I don't know who she would have put there. Just keep Kerry or give Bernie it as a olive branch ala Barack making Hil SecState? I don't think he would have taken anything lower.

Bernie would be the last guy to put in charge of State, he's got no interest in Foreign Policy. If he'd gotten anything it'd be Labor. Not that any of it actually matters at this point.

KT McFarland is a loser who has no government experience in the last 30 years. Trump is insanely unwilling to fire unqualified stooges and it's hilarious considering his catchphrase is literally "you're fired."

Perriello and Northram tied, both lead GOP candidates by a lot. QPac poll. VA gov.

https://poll.qu.edu/virginia/release-detail?ReleaseID=2429
Good start, but obviously doesn't mean much this far out. And remember McAuliffe had a large lead in polls that shrunk to a three-point victory when all was said and done.

Perriello enjoys a bit wider margins, but hard to say whether that's just name recognition or a genuinely broader appeal.

kirblar

Good start, but obviously doesn't mean much this far out. And remember McAuliffe had a large lead in polls that shrunk to a three-point victory when all was said and done.

Perriello enjoys a bit wider margins, but hard to say whether that's just name recognition or a genuinely broader appeal.
Northam can't legally campaign yet.

There was a leaked Hillary shortlist for cabinet nominees, take it with a grain of salt though obviously http://link.axios.com/view/58718b5d1e5603b30e8b466f53nzw.k01/3ce9d4a1

Also Risch sent me a letter reassuring me that he'd take my opinions concerning DeVos into account, pretending like he didn't get his dick hard at the thought of crushing our state's already shitty education.

From across the pond, but lol at this party switch

https://twitter.com/britainelects/st...70748333445120
That's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom