• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it? If Trump loses a primary, Kasich is not going to be the guy to do it. Trump failing doesn't make Kasich more popular.

Depends on what happens to Trump's numbers. What I'm seeing here is that like 15% Republicans who approve of Trump were not willing to actually say they support him in a 2020 primary.

The more interesting number is this:

Trump - 56%
Pence - 33%

That is an atrocious number for Trump against his VP.
OOOOOOOH.

Leftist means "us"

Centrist means "those guys"

Edit in before Crab complains about this
I'm a pro free market, pro assault weapon, anti-handgun, pro-immigrant non-straight POC that believes in the necessity of American unilateral strength abroad, cheaper (but not free) college with cost cutting initiatives, german style allpayer healthcare system, and ecological preservation. My closest political analogues are like... Hillary Clinton and Bill Kristol.

Depends on what happens to Trump's numbers. What I'm seeing here is that like 15% Republicans who approve of Trump were not willing to actually say they support him in a 2020 primary.

I just don't see Kasich being able to capitalize on it. Being a Cassandra doesn't endear you to primary voters.

pro assault weapon, anti-handgun

I don't get it. Do you mean pro hunting weapons, anti personal safety guns?

I don't get it. Do you mean pro hunting weapons, anti personal safety guns?
Hunting, but also assault weapons in general. Gun deaths are going down, not up, and mass shootings are simply uncommon. It also alienates other voters who have safety fetishes. Really the kind of hyper focus Democrats used to have on gun legislation was is an unhelpful delusion.

But handguns are the scourge of urban civilization. The number one reason for incarcerating juveniles is illegal firearm possession. I want to keep kids out of prison and make concealed firearms prohibitively expensive.

Holmes

sinema_273_091814.jpg
Queen of getting into a zip car.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm a pro free market, pro assault weapon, anti-handgun, pro-immigrant non-straight POC that believes in the necessity of American unilateral strength abroad, cheaper (but not free) college with cost cutting initiatives, german style allpayer healthcare system, and ecological preservation. My closest political analogues are like... Hillary Clinton and Bill Kristol.
If you use Freeden's classifications of ideologies, you sound pretty much like a textbook neoliberal. But I know that word has been widely contested so it may sound improper to you.

Tall4Life

Have we ever seen a VP primary their president before?

Maybe Taft with Roosevelt? Roosevelt first let Taft take the reins, he wasn't pleased, wanted the Republican nomination, they went with Taft, he made his own party, the Bull Moose/Progressive party, even though they were basically arguing for the same thing (along with Wilson)

Assault weapons are a fraction of gun violence while handguns are by far the most common. The technocratic position would be to outlaw handguns if you can.
Right. Even though I dispute gun violence being significant enough to matter, even if I did prioritize it, the answer is not reduce magazine capacity and limit to semi-automatics, it's going from the opposite end and moving up.

Hunting, but also assault weapons in general. Gun deaths are going down, not up, and mass shootings are simply uncommon. It also alienates other voters who have safety fetishes. Really the kind of hyper focus Democrats used to have on gun legislation was is an unhelpful delusion.

But handguns are the scourge of urban civilization. The number one reason for incarcerating juveniles is illegal firearm possession. I want to keep kids out of prison and make concealed firearms prohibitively expensive.

The argument is sound other than how restricting handgun ownership would alienate those very same people on an even wider scale than banning assault weapons.

She seems way too stylish and colorful for congress.

http://www.icarizona.com/2012/09/just-how-scary-far-left-is-kyrsten.html

Just how scary far left is Kyrsten Sinema running in Arizona's CD9 for Congress?

Guy Benson has really nailed it with this revealing expose on Democrat Kyrsten Sinema, who was once awarded the Vladimir Lenin award from the Arizona Federation of Taxpayers for being the furthest left member of the Arizona State Legislature. Don't believe her pretend transformation over to the mainstream, which includes a radical change in her appearance to look more moderate. Read his article at Townhall here.

vO0v6Po.png

kirblar

Whenever I pictures of her, she looks very business for congress. Then I see pictures where she's out of congress and she has so much color and flare.

I was mostly commenting because I hate the pomp and circumstance of congress. Then again I'm from California and I've never worn more than a polo to work.
DC is apparently just a fashion dystopia (per Tim Gunn) cause we're super conservative (small c) in clothing compared to the rest of the nation.

Teggy

If Trump doesn't tweet in the next day that the rally organizer was an Obama voter and member of Occupy I'll eat my hat.

I reserve my right not to eat my hat

Teggy

Another member of the idiot brigade

Geraldo Rivera
Geraldo Rivera @GeraldoRivera
If #RobertELee is to be erased from history, why not erase #ChristopherColumbus whose arrival ignited genocide of Native Americans?
4:14 PM · Aug 16, 2017 from Warrensville Heights, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom