• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the first? Not including dictators

the worst president in the world by far, even worse than Trump

is Jacob Zuma

the man has single handily ruined South Africa's economy with his affiliation with the Guptas, and has god knows how many corruption charges

he makes Trump look like Jesus

President_Jacob_Zuma_Official_400x400.jpg

I have a question, and be objective as possible, because I don't know much about his past

Was Trump a good businessman? or was he just lucky to be born into wealth?

sangreal

oh lord, they've got paris on CNN tonight to defend the WH and Mooch

I have a question, and be objective as possible, because I don't know much about his past

He was spectacularly bad in some respects and decent in others (mostly only involving real estate deals)

I've been wondering why Scaramucci took this job, and after coming home, I heard some lady on MSNBC talking about how he's been trying to sell his company for $180 mil to some Chinese conglomerate and he needs the treasury department to give that sale the clear.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

No. If you invested his father's loan in an index fund you'd have more money today than he does.

Ogodei

They warned them yesterday. Ryan didn't listen. They're warning them again. The HFC doesn't want this bill at all.

This isn't over yet.

But isn't this what the Senate would want? I'd trust Meadows sooner than i'd trust Ryan, and whether Ryan tried to be faithless and pass the bill doesn't matter if Meadows managed to block it according to his own agenda.

Trump got a million dollar loan from his dad back when a million dollars actually means something. Combine that with the inherited business he retained when his dad died, we got ourselves a dude who, at the very least, fits the definition of the latter before the former.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I feel like they're going to pass it and then try to pass blame to each other as the election approaches.

Four hours later, and I still cannot believe they're heading this direction. I made this as a passing comment hoping things would change and the news coming out was just misinterpretations of the truth. The 2018 election is going to be a complete clownshow.

Republican senators will be blaming the House. The House will be blaming the senators. Democrats will be sitting back twiddling their thumbs watching them go at each other. All they need to do is say, "Every single thing wrong with health care was done by the republicans." It's going to be absolute mayhem.

I mean, this is the absolute biggest gift republicans could be giving democrats right now. They could have easily said, "Well, we tried. Sorry, Donald. Let's move on." But they let him manipulate them. "Come to lunch!" he says, and they all cave to his demands. What did he threaten them with? Why give in here when you KNOW it is political suicide?

I'm stunned right now. Just stunned. What a bizarre turn of events.

Four hours later, and I still cannot believe they're heading this direction. The 2018 election is going to be a complete clownshow.

Republican senators will be blaming the House. The House will be blaming the senators. Democrats will be sitting back twiddling their thumbs watching them go at each other. All they need to do is say, "Every single thing wrong with health care was done by the republicans." It's going to be absolute mayhem.

Awkward Ann is ready, McSally is trembling.

And this was published before Sabato moved McSally's seat into the tossup category.

I love the thought that they're quivering in private.

pigeon

Banned

You want me to be as objective as possible?

Donald Trump is a testament to the fact that the idea of a "good businessman" is actually meaningless because there are no relevant skills to business. It's all luck moderated by preexisting financial resources.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The commercials are going to be so easy!

"We don't want this to pass!"

*Video of them casting a "yes" vote*

Zolo

Russia Sanctions bill passed. In a smart world, Trump would make a speech about how it hurts our allies, sanctions hurt the average citizen, and more along those lines. He'd then send it back where Republicans would praise him and say how they understand now while getting praise from the public. Let's see how Trump responds.

Plinko

Russia Sanctions bill passed. In a smart world, Trump would make a speech about how it hurts our allies, sanctions hurt the average citizen, and more along those lines. He'd then send it back where Republicans would praise him and say how they understand now while getting praise from the public. Let's see how Trump responds.

What will actually happen:

Trump: "This isn't tough enough. I'll veto. Give me a chance here."

*Does nothing*

I'm so sick of McCain's bullshit this week. Talks about needing to go back to committees to discuss bills (which is a great idea!) but is going to vote for the skinny bill regardless as long as he's handed assurance from the house. Voted for repeal and replace but against repeal and delay, which are both contrary votes to his request that we slow things down and talk about it. It all sounds totally awesome and reasonable on camera and to the press unless, you know, someone bothered to spend 20 seconds looking at his actions instead of his words.

Plinko

It probably won't get to that point. The House is not going to provide assurances those Senators are expecting

Honestly, I'm not sure they care. I think it's clear they want to pass it and blame the other group.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm so sick of McCain's bullshit this week. Talks about needing to go back to committees to discuss bills (which is a great idea!) but is going to vote for the skinny bill regardless as long as he's handed assurance from the house. Voted for repeal and replace but against repeal and delay, which are both contrary votes to his request that we slow things down and talk about it. It all sounds totally awesome and reasonable on camera and to the press unless, you know, someone bothered to spend 20 seconds looking at his actions instead of his words.

That speech was the biggest bunch of bullshit this week, in a week full of bullshit.

Honestly, I'm not sure they care. I think it's clear they want to pass it and blame the other group.

Pointing fingers at the opposing chamber is the natural progression of pointing fingers at the Democrats which they can't do anymore with any success.

House Judiciary Republicans sent a letter to Sessions and Rosenstein asking them to appoint a second special counsel to investigate the real problems, like Hillary's emails and "unmasking". Give me a break.

House Judiciary Republicans sent a letter to Sessions and Rosenstein asking them to appoint a second special counsel to investigate the real problems, like Hillary's emails and "unmasking". Give me a break.

Which Sessions will very likely not do because he's previously declined to open a DoJ investigation against Hillary because he knows there's nothing there.

They just want to feed some read meat to their base.

bill kristol is cracking me up right now

I don't care who it is, anyone shitting on Paris Dennard is a joy

He and Jennifer Rubin are two of the more prominent examples of Jewish Republicans noping the fuck out after seeing the anti-Semitism last year.

Eric Cantor didn't address that point in his interview with the Washingtonian the other day, funnily enough.

Barzul

I have never met a black person like Paris and I've met a shit ton of black people (I'm black). Even the black Republicans I've met have never been this far gone. Like wtf, how does he even spew this shit? Guarantee he's not like this off the air.

DFx1CzoXYAA6fSh.jpg:large

I honestly don't believe the Rs have the margins in the House to pass a simple "skinny repeal". Their own bill passed by what 2 votes?

If the game is to blame the other chamber, you're reaching replacing-leadership status, cause this is their major policy goal.

Barzul

DFx1CzoXYAA6fSh.jpg:large

I honestly don't believe the Rs have the margins in the House to pass a simple "skinny repeal". Their own bill passed by what 2 votes?

If the game is to blame the other chamber, you're reaching replacing-leadership status, cause this is their major policy goal.

What does this even mean...does he want a conference or not?

I actually can't believe they took a picture together.

sub-buzz-19220-1501196745-1.jpg

"We forgive her," one of the girls, Sarah, told BuzzFeed News. "She had a bad idea about Islam and about Muslims. We sat down with her and discussed Islam...Islam is about forgiveness and we want to show that to people.

"She has a good heart, she's a good person inside, and we don't want anyone to judge her."

In a post on the Fargo Police Facebook page, Chief David Todd said that everyone involved in the altercation on Tuesday had expressed regret regarding their actions upon meeting on Thursday afternoon.

"With an openness to reconciliation, these women have come together and talked through this incident and expressed their sincere regrets, apologies and most importantly — forgiveness to each other," Todd said. "This process has also allowed them to gain understanding and respect for each other."

Amber Hensley was videotaped verbally threatening the three Somali women on Tuesday and apologized after footage of the altercation went viral.

In the footage, Hensley confronts Rowda Royan, Sarah Hassan, and her sister, Leyla, around 5:30 p.m. local time, accusing the women of parking too close to her.

Royan turned on her camera about halfway through the altercation, capturing Hensley saying, "We're gonna kill you. ... We're gonna kill every one of you fucking Muslims."

"Go home. Go home. ... Why are you in our country? I'm an American; you're not," said Hensley in the video.

When Royan warned Hensley she was going to report her to police, Hensley could be heard saying, "Do you think the police care?"

Fargo police did not immediately respond to requests for comment, but posted on Facebook that their officers responded to the incident on Tuesday.

Speaking to BuzzFeed News, Sarah Hassan said police were "very supportive" of her, her sister, and Royan.

Hassan said the reason the three could not move their car was that Hensley's body was physically too close to it and they did not want to run her over.

"We don't want her arrested," she said. "We just want everyone to know the truth."

Video of the exchange was shared widely on social media and has picked up millions of combined views.

Such was the spread of the clip that multiple people tracked down and contacted Hensley's workplace, public accountants Horab & Wentz. The company announced on Wednesday that she was "no longer employed" as a secretary with them, effective immediately.

"Horab & Wentz does not agree with or support the statements expressed by Amber Hensley in the recently posted video," the company told BuzzFeed News. "She does not reflect the views of Horab & Wentz."

Hensley told local station KVRR that she was sorry for her words.

"It was not a Christian-like thing to do AT ALL and wish I could take it back, but I lost my cool and I can’t. I am terribly sorry. I just wish that the whole video could be shown," she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom